Explore the unknown

POSTED: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 pm

[[Forward dated to Feb 21st-late afternoon]]

A building, she stared at it, and sniffed the air cautiously. Then approached. Green vines had taken root on a good chunk of the former house, a common thing for most of the old remains she found on occasion. This place felt different somehow. It was more secluded and separated from the rest of the buildings. Her ears moved in curiosity, listening for any sound. Surely some canine had found this place before, but she picked up no scent besides her own. Heading for the door, she found only a frame, a hole in the wall as she walked through. Interesting...this building was oddly intact, though she was sure part of it could be damaged and she had not noticed it yet. Careful about her footing she went deeper.

Light peeked through the old windows, shadows of the vines laying stark on the ground as she moved and looked around. A comfortable space, homey even as she stopped and just took in her surroundings. It was not a huge building, nor was it the smallest she had ever come across. The perfect size for just one or two people to live in. A good place just to store things, like extra hides or meat. Yvonne scratched at her neck, only meeting bandage as always recently. This was a nice place, she could use it to store her hides...or just be by herself if she needed to be. The windows provided a way to see if anyone approached and she saw stairs leading somewhere she was not going to check for now. That could be the damaged part, and she rather not take her chances for now.

It was essentially perfect, and she couldn't help but feel like others must know of such a place. Maybe she would ask around, just to make sure no one else had a claim on it. Nodding to herself she explored more, avoiding the stairs until she was sure it would be safe.

331 words
" title="My Wiki" class="player-wiki">
Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:44 am

She was in constant motion nowadays. She hid herself away from the world, from The Order, and from Lux. She didn't want to cause conflict with him. She didn't want him to know how mixed her emotions truly were, how selfish she was becoming. He lured her to a place of negativity, a place that made it easier for her demons to take control. She would not end up like him, not when she was just beginning to see how amazing the world could really be.

Streaks of red, stark in comparison to brisk black locks, whipped about as the steadily growing youth spun through the air. A smile graced his features and hope filled her chest.

A fond smile swept across River's features as she walked through the trees on her way to a location she stumbled upon days before. He made her wish for a better future. He brightened her world. River only hoped that one day her father's group would be accepting of her. She couldn't join them to bask in the light until she rid herself of the darkness.

Slender legs stepped, one after the other, lightly crunching snow and seldom twigs. A cloak embraced her figure, shielding from the icy winds and light snowfall. She was almost there, when a scent carried into her nostrils from the place she headed towards. River's nose wrinkled and she pushed forward faster. She couldn't let this place be found out before she truly claimed it and made it hers. Unfortunately, when she reached the mostly intact structure, it was clear this stranger was inside. River was not afraid to approach the structure, peeking her head through the luperci sized hole in one of the walls.

Who's here? She questioned, a stern tone to her voice. She sniffed the air, gathering more facts about the stranger by their scent. They were of a pack. This fact eased her sinking stomach. Maybe she still had a chance to make this place her home for now.
Loners
Hybrid
Sami
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Yvonne came towards the door and the voice, to see a head peeking into the space. "Hail, I am Yvonne..." she studied what she could see of the other canine. Since she couldn't see much she decided to go outside. Moving slow enough to show she meant no harm, she went to the other and then saw them better. She could guess it was another female, though she couldn't be a hundred percent positive since the other canines form was covered. There was not any scent of a pack on the stranger, so they were a loner, and judging from the tracks behind the other canine, this was where they wanted to be.

"Do you lay a claim on this place?" she asked in curiosity, she had not really picked up any scents, but it was possible that this other female had come her a long enough time ago for the scent to fade. "If you do, then I will leave, I was just looking it over since I had never seen it before." Maybe this stranger would take her for a scavenger, and that was okay really. If this loner wanted the house, they could have it, she had only wanted a more secluded spot for her hides, and she could find somewhere else if she really wanted to.

222 words
Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:56 pm

Once a name was given, River entered the space. Mismatched, green and blue orbs searched the area before landing on the woman. Her fur was bright like the sun and she seemed non threatening. A low hmmm, smoothed its way out of the witched maw as she took a step closer to her new acquaintance. A questioned was directed at her, whether she laid claim here. A smile crept its way across River's face and her head rose ever so slightly.

Yes. It was that easy then? All it took was a simple answer to a simple question. No, her scent would not linger here because lately she had been disguising her smell so Lux couldn't catch her trail. This was proof that it was working. There is no need to leave, you only just got here.

River's smile seemed to soften now that the problem was resolved. I'm River. Loner to these lands. I discovered this place a few days ago. It's the perfect place to call home. At least, until she was forced to move again. If she was careful, maybe the demon would be unable to find her. Maybe she could strike a deal with this stranger that would benefit the both of them. I smell pack on you, why would someone of pack descent be interested in a place like this? She questioned with her honey voice.
Loners
Hybrid
Sami
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:13 pm

Yvonne moved her ears, the voice passing through not unwelcome, but giving her an odd feeling. It didn't matter, the answer on the claim was yes, which meant it was unlikely she would return to this building after today. A question her way had her focus more on the stranger, and she offered her own smile "I just wanted a place to work on my hides. That and I am not really used to the pack life yet." so far it was okay, just something new she had to get used to. That, of course, would take time and patience on her part. Again, it didn't really matter right now so she didn't worry too much about it.

Even with the invitation to stay, she was unsure of whether she should or not. This was a stranger after all, and she could not know of the other females intentions. There could be no ill will, or this stranger could mean harm to her in the end. Moving, a little she was unsure about what action to take at this time. She didn't want to be rude, but at the same time, she felt uneasy about staying here now. Crossing her arms just for something to do, she found herself at a loss for words, not knowing what she should talk about if she was indeed staying.

230 words
Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:27 am

River's smile widened at Yvonne's answer. The silver witch could understand the woman's struggle with melding into pack life. She too had struggled finding a place in Anathema. If not for Maelyx, for Kalfou, and for her craft, she might as well have left and became a loner right off the bat. Only after the pack had fallen, and her coven tore to pieces, did she realize the value Anathema held and the place it had in her heart.

River took a deep, relaxed breath and moved further into the decrepit, half standing building. She removed the swollen leather backpack and placed it on the floor gently. Well, I can understand that. Slowly, River began removing her articles from the bag starting with the book of demonology that seemed to stick with her despite her changed feelings of it. She sat it tenderly against the wall.

You are welcome here, if you desire. I only ask that you share your pack's wealth with me when you come. Bring food, or other useful items. The life of a loner is not to be yearned for. River stood and cast bright mismatched hues over onto the golden woman. If not, that's okay too. Stay for now. Please. Let's start a fire. No need in wasting your trip out past the borders. Where before, River would have pushed strangers away, she now welcomed them. With the Order at her back, and Lux lurking these lands, interactions with others was something she valued greatly.
Loners
Hybrid
Sami
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Yvonne thought about it for a moment, then shrugged before deciding to stay for a little bit. This strange woman had not made any violent moves as of yet. Then she chuckled as the other female asked for food and useful items. Food she did not mind sharing, she could hunt something down on the spot if need be, but she was not sure what other useful items would actually help this loner. "I guess I could do that" she said, deciding she could figure out the finer details later if she really needed to. Yvonne sat as the other mentioned making a fire, and she nodded in agreement, as to not wasting a trip, she had no reason to think of this trip as a loss.

To her finding this building had been worth it, though she had not expected someone to already have laid a claim to it. There had been no signs or scent, though she knew there were ways to hide such things, she thought that she should have at least found something. Oh well, it wasn't a huge deal to her that she could not use the space now, and this stranger seemed to be nice enough so far. So all in all it had been a good day, and a good find and well worth her trip even if she did leave right now.

231 words
Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Wed May 15, 2019 9:25 pm

River offered a deep nod in silent agreement of the deal they'd just made. A new ally to help her survive in these unjust lands, now that she'd moved farther away from those she considered family. The stranger didn't seem inclined to leave any longer and River took that as the queue to start a fire. The top of this building was free from its once sturdy wooden roof which allowed for a warm fire to burn within its walls. It was another reason why River sought to claim this as her residence.

The mercury witch prepared the spot for the fire, placing chunks of rubble in a circle to create a bit. She dug away some of the dirt from the inside the place she'd chosen for the fire, a hole in the cement ground perfect for such a use. Once that was done, River retrieved several sizable branches from just outside the deteriorating building and made her way back inside. The branches were stacked in a pyramid shape, and then the spark was struck that would turn the cold atmosphere into a humble one. With the fire started, curios mismatched eyes glanced up at Yvonne.

So tell me Yvonne. Are there any demons that haunt you? Whether that mean physical or spiritual demons, that was up to Yvonne. River knew she had demons of both variety praying on her, day and night. The witch was intent on learning more about her new ally, anything the golden woman would offer.
Loners
Hybrid
Sami
Luperci

Seabreeze Brink