Each and everyday, hiding from the sunshine

For Oberyn

POSTED: Tue May 21, 2019 9:36 am

The mountain of things that I still regret
Is a vile reminder that I would rather just forget

OOC: Let me know if there is anything you want me to change. +300 words.

Time was passing, the days getting away from all the members of the Petite Cour.

With the small amount of members there were, and the loss of their territory, there wasn't too much that needed to be taken into account with the land's upkeep, or too much when it came to patrolling, or routine things that kept everyone busy in the day. It was a bit of a nice relief, but no doubt was something that everyone else around him saw as something harmful. Where was their purpose now that the Court was gone?

What were they to do with their lives when their home had been taken away from them?

The dark male hadn't made a trip up to Casa in some time, feeling that he should spend some more of his time around those in the Cour. There was only so much that he could do, but he had found himself in his workshop once again. It wasn't too far away from his home. Hands moved over the collection of metal he had. There was still a fair amount in his own personal stocks, but he would have to go back out eventually to get more.

Removing the kimono from his body, he rested it along one of the wooden poles as he began to fan the flames. At least his work would do well to keep him busy, and his mind from wandering for a fair amount of time. He paced away from the workshop temporairily to gather some water for his wares. It was a good thing he wouldn't have to go far for what he needed.

Reaching down to grab the bucket, he made sure the flames would be safe without his supervision before making his way to the edge of the village.

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:46 pm

He and his sister fought more often these days.

It was little things. She would pick at him, and he would fire back, and they'd get into it and storm off. They always apologized, but this kept happening. Oberyn was unable to recognize why she found fault with everything he did (and did not do) but what did it matter? Lacking responsibilty made him accountable to no one.

After all, he still did what was needed. He explored and looked for strangers. Sometimes he caught enough food to bring back. Oberyn tried not to ask anyone for anything.

Issola had gone off somewhere in the aftermath of their latest spat, and for the better part of two hours Oberyn had slept off his frustration in the cool shade of their home. When the smell of smoke woke him, the young man stumbled to his feet and eventually out from behind the painted curtain. The sunlight had him wincing, but he supposed it now would be as good a time as ever to get out and flush out something to eat...once he sorted out where the smoke-smell was coming from.

He was sniffing the air, pacing about on all fours with his nose upright. Oberyn looked about, trying to determine the source, and spotted instead a charcoal colored figure gathering water.

Are you burning something? Oberyn barked.

POSTED: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:58 am

OOC: Feel free to PP them going to the workshop if you want. +200 words.

The scent of the burning wood carried through the village, even reaching the dark male's nose as he came to the bank of the river. Though the smell was strong, he had done well to make sure that the flames would not spread while he was not attending to them.

Light blue gaze moved to the side as the scent began to drift towards him on the wind. It was a young male, moving about in his lupus form. The male was easy to recognize from the announcement Kalypso had given about him and his sister at the Ball. Both of them had become an adult at the same time, and it was a shame they didn't have much of a chance to enjoy it before being thrust into the battle that fell upon the Court.

When questioned if he was burning something, Hibiki stood up with the wood he had gathered, "I'm burning wood to get some hot flames. Thought about doing some blacksmithing today."

His head shifted towards the workshop before back down at the young male, "You're Issola's brother right? Oberyn? Do you wish to come join me?" It wouldn't do any harm to have someone else in the workshop so long as the male could handle the heat of the forge. He recalled when the darker sister had been much younger, having found him in the middle of his work as well. This would be a good chance to get to know the other sibling...

And also keep in mind something that their father had told him.

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:41 pm

The blacksmith, Oberyn soon realized, and his concerns about the fire lessened. He was trying very hard not to concern himself with the dangers at home, and indeed this often was what led him to range far and wide in search of great empty places.

As he struggled to recall the man's name, his own was spoken (in attachment to his sister, of course) and for a heartbeat he was ready to puff up and exclaim how he was not simply Issola's brother, but he was an adult now and he had right to behave like a child. Oberyn instead huffed to himself and gave a great shake of his still-shedding fur. Sleep clung to him and he yawned widely before turning to address Hibiki directly.

What are you making? Oberyn asked. If it was something boring, Oberyn would find an excuse to leave. Still, the prospect of seeing metal be forged into other shapes was interesting. The wolfdog sniffed the air again and eventually pinpointed the source's direction. Pleased with himself, Oberyn wagged his tail. Being able to determine where a fire was coming from was a useful skill for a scout, and he had so far been able to do this with relative accuracy.

POSTED: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:16 am

OOC: +200 words.

There wasn't much to his huff, but Hibiki had been unsure how else to address the younger male. Unlike his time with Issola, he hadn't been given much of a chance to meet with Skoll's son. His only chance of even hearing the man's name had been during the Ball when he was announced into his adulthood by Kalypso. His intentions were never to treat him any other way than besides the adult that he now was.

Eyes turned back down on the water, making sure he had what he came to gather before turning his attention back to Oberyn, "I tend to make weapons, but I've been branching out. Not too sure what I'll make." He had yet to get to that point. Perhaps there was something more practical he could make.

Hibiki noticed that he had paused, turning his head up to the sky as he sniffed the air. He seemed to have caught the scent of the burning wood, and his head turned in the right direction of his workshop. It wasn't too long before the young male had his tail wagging behind him.

Well then, something came to mind.

Adjusting the bucket of water in his arms, he pushed himself back up onto his feet, "Why don't you lead me back to my forge? You seem to have a keen nose for this sort of smell." A useful skill to have in the future. So much had befallen all of them, and there would be no harm in making sure they were prepared for the flame again.

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:52 pm

Yeah, Oberyn woofed with self-satisfaction. It's easy to smell. Your fire doesn't smell bad, so I figured it wasn't anything super serious.

He tried not to think about the conflict that had led to their pack's ruin. Some of it was still fuzzy. While he tried to recall specific details they seemed forgotten. It was unimportant, Oberyn supposed. They had lost plenty, and they had lost pieces of what made them so important, but they were still here.

The wolfdog did not have very far to go and found his way to the forge easily enough. He kept glancing back at Hibiki to ensure he was following, but was surprised by how easily the blacksmith carried the water bucket. It looked heavy.

When he found the forge, Oberyn looked very smug. Despite this he knew better than to brag, feeling the task felt exceptionally easy, and instead lingered as Hibiki set down the water and set about returning to his work.

How does this work? He finally asked, staring at the setup and trying very hard to make sense of it on his own.

POSTED: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:31 pm

OOC: +300 words.

At times, it was almost hard to not speak of the forge without spreading a reminder of what happened to all of them. He had been so used to working around the flames, but that such a destructive force had burned down much of their home in the first place. Hibiki couldn't help but release a small sigh to this. He wanted them all to move past what had happened to them, yet all that seemed to be happening was the complete opposite.

Maybe all they needed was some more time.

The dark male followed behind Oberyn, the both of them soon coming to the forge. He had noticed the smug look that covered the young male's face. A grin curled along his own muzzle, setting the water down near his anvil, "Well done Oberyn."

Light blue gaze moved about the forge as he began to gather a couple of his tools, but his head soon moved over his shoulder to the him once again. It brought a sense of deja vu when the young male asked about how his blacksmithing worked. Issola had done the same when she first came across him working, and now he would be doing it again. He did keep in mind the way Oberyn had presented himself at he mention of his sister, and not wanting to sour anything, decided to leave out this fact.

Pacing over to his collection of scraps, he pulled out out, sticking on end of the metal into the flames, "The flames are very hot so that it will heat up the metal. Once the metal is hot enough, I can take my tools and shape the hot ends. I'll show you once this piece is ready."

While they waited, he turned his focus on the male, "How have you been holding up Oberyn?"

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Heat changed the metal, making it maleable – this seemed a simple enough concept. Oberyn wondered at the strength of such a thing to need fire to manipulate its shape and found a new appreciation for such material. He decided to witness it and see if the process and determine if the work was worth the product. It must have been, for Hibiki to construct something like this and choose to stay with it even when they could not fully defend their claim.

Oberyn found himself wondering about of this alone drove Hibiki to remain, and was caught off guard when the older male asked his question. His face betrayed his instant flare of defensive aggression, but the moment passed without escalation.

I'm fine, he insisted. I've been exploring a lot. Hunting. Where do you find the metal? Out in those old ruins, the ones north of here?

The human city known as Halifax had been long abandoned, ravaged by natural disaster and the changing of the seasons. Oberyn had visited it only once, during the search for his sister, and he recalled it as a miserable and alien area, full of too-tall structures and shadows where anyone or anything might be lurking.

POSTED: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:09 pm

OOC: +400 words.

Hibiki couldn't help but notice the flash of expression that had gone through the young male's face before he had given his answer. It was clear that there was some aggitation in the question that had been asked, but he could not place why Oberyn would be irritated. Did it have something to do with him? Maybe his sister or family? Perhaps there was something wrong and he just didn't want to say?

Whatever the reason might be, it wouldn't do him any good to try and pry for that answer, not when he already had that flash of a look. Instead, he played along with his insistance, "I see. I am glad you are doing alright."

He questioned the dark male on where he was getting his metal, whether it be in the ruins or somewhere else. It had been hard to think about him taking things from the ruins of their old home, but if some things had survived the blaze, there was no one there to lay claim to that part of the territory anymore. Metal was a raw material, and pieces could be used to become something else.

He gave a gentle shake of his head before he gestured to the side of his workshop, "Many of the metals I get come from outside of where our territory was. Sometimes I have to travel further north to find what I am looking for. I doubt I am the only one that goes out looking for bits and pieces of metal." Perhaps he had just been very lucky.

Turning his attention back to the piece in the flames. He grabbed a leather piece, pulling the metal out to check it. The once dulled silver end had turned a bright yellow. Turning to the younger male, he held it out to him to see, "This is just how you want it. If it's more of a pinkish red, then it's still not hot enough. Come stand behind me real quick."

He moved to his usual spot behind the anvil, taking a hammer as he began to hit the metal. Sparks flew in the air, but the metal began to bend with each hit. He waited on purpose for the metal to cool down a bit before showing it to the male again, "There, see how it curled?"

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

Dead Topics