once i was a provider, then I became the divider

[p. Hibiki]

POSTED: Sat May 04, 2019 11:22 am

It's morning near Rabbit Lake, and it's breezy. Your character is feeling groggy.

--

Kalypso tied off the fishing line to a sturdy bush branch next to her where a little old, rusty bell hung waiting to clang. It was an easy thing, a passive fishing line. She had tossed the line out with a bone hook and a rather mutilated piece of worm. A writhing mass of them wriggled in the old, chipped mug beside her, unable to climb out of the slick ceramic walls. Fishing was soothing, at times, but she wanted an easy meal and her sleepy eyes refused to shed all the remnants of slumber.

There was a fish, small but usable, in her lap, scales peppering her thighs as she slid the knife over the skin. The fish was not quite as pretty as a fish caught in the sea, but it was plenty good enough for the woman. She had no reason to be picky anymore, she was not a Queen. Not anymore.

Her throat caught in unexpected emotion and swallowing it, she started to frantically descale the fish in an effort to stifle the emotion. It had been weeks and she was still so bitter about it all. Kalypso was a proud woman and she felt like the failure would linger so long it would seep into her very bones and weaken the very identity that defined her. Failure. Failure as a queen, failure as a mother, failure, failure, failure.

She hissed in anger as she ran the knife too far, running it deeply into her finger and drawing blood. She quickly dropped her knife and put the injured finger in her mouth, tears of frustration in her eyes. What had she become, this shade of her former self?

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCharacter Wiki
Petite Cour
Oratrice
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave
◄taste, what a bittersweet►

POSTED: Thu May 09, 2019 10:01 am

The mountain of things that I still regret
Is a vile reminder that I would rather just forget

OOC: +300 words.

Since the formation of the small band, Hibiki had been doing his best to see how the others were doing, with mixed effort. Balancing himself between here and Casa would be a fine act, but this was his home, and the members of the Petite Court were his family. All of them were still recovering from the battle that had lost them their home, and again with mixed results. Some were doing better than others, but in his mind there was someone he knew who was likely taking it harder than anyone else.

Kalypso.

Suppose in a way it made sense. She was the leader of the Court, so the fall of the pack would be on her shoulders. All of them had fought hard to drive back their attackers, to make this place safe again, but there was only so much that could be done. She had taken down one of them, as he had found her passed out on the battlefield. They all needed rest, but it was something that would never be far from their minds.

The dark male followed along down the path from the village, coming towards the nearby river. He caught sight of the familiar figure there, the one woman he had been thinking about. Moving over towards her, he noticed she had one of her fingers in her mouth. Light blue gaze moved about slightly, pointing out the knife she had dropped and the scent of light blood over it.

A soft sigh passed through his lips as he came forward, taking a seat by her side, but with enough room to give her her personal space. At first, he didn't say anything, not really sure what he could really say. This was not the first time he had seen her like this. When her children were finally returned, she had broken down too, and he did the best he could to help her... even if it wasn't much help at all.

She was still one of the best friends he ever had, and seeing her like this saddened him.

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Sat May 11, 2019 7:53 pm

-

As she sucked on the wounded finger, a warmth near her face drew her attention momentarily from the slight stinging pain. She did not remove it from her mouth but did turn her head ever so slightly as to have one eye peering at him sitting nearby. He was not next to her, not enough to touch thighs, but enough to have her easily notice his presence beside her.

Hibiki said nothing to her as he waited, seemingly for her to say something first, or to figure out what on earth to even say. She could not blame him. Words did not flow quite as smoothly as they once had for the former Queen, who had lived by the silver of her tongue. Who was she without her Court, without her position? Who was she without the authority of title behind her? Without even her quick wit and with a new dulled air, she was such a sliver of herself that she did not recognize herself. It was pathetic and she pined for the easy vivaciousness from only months prior.

She had been reckless, bold, beautiful once - she was merely reckless after the fall.

How are you settled? she finally spoke. Kalypso removed the digit and peered at it, squeezing at the pad. No more blood came freely though the wound still stung. She sighed as she settled it into her lap besides the limp body of the half descaled fish. I haven't really.. talked to you since.., she trailed off, eyes firmly on the water before them as her lips tightened.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Petite Cour
Oratrice
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Mon May 13, 2019 9:53 pm

OOC: +200 words.

How much he just wanted to tell her that everything was going to be alright. That those that remained behind to form the Petite Cour were all strong together. How much he just wanted to be there for his friend, and yet the words did not seem to come to him. In the past, she had been so much help to him, to help set him on the right path to start over and better his life. How he wished he would be able to do the same for her now, but he couldn't unless she was willing to open up.

Back when the roles were swapped, he was comfortable with sharing all his frustrations. She was not.

Her finger had been removed from her mouth. He could see the slight slash where the cut had been made, but relieved to see that it was nothing serious. She asked how he had been settling since the battle. Eyes turned out over the water, "I'm alright. The wounds have healed, and my workshop is undamaged. We can still make defenses for ourselves."

The dark male paused, allowing his cool gaze to move back over to Kalypso as her words trailed off. The last time the two of them had been together was that night he found her crying outside her home. Ears fell to the remembrance of that night... though his hand moved a bit closer to her, testing the waters, "You needn't worry about me Kalypso. I am more concerned with how you are doing. How are your children doing since..."

He found himself trailing off too. No need for any of them to go into detail of the kidnapping.

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:57 pm

-

It was a strange turn of events for the former ruler. She once comforted the man, long before he had joined them in the Court, long before she had led to its destruction. He had been the one she had stumbled across when she had been out to explore the territories. Several times, even. And there he was, still with them, with her. He was a good friend.

Kalypso wanted desperately to cling to the sadness within her that was as thick as a swampy mire, but it was not fair to keep it to herself. It was not fair to lock it away while she suffered and others offered to share the burden of her failure.

The woman took in a sharp breath that definitely rattled in her chest as though warning her that tears were a definite potential outcome if she let her emotions linger within her like an unwanted guest. Lord knew that they were unwanted but they needed to be dealt with if she wanted to be better.

They're alright. They won't leave one another's sight for long and are wary of wandering too far. I don't blame them. Kalypso paused, remembering how she had to push and force her daughters to leave home to do something productive like hunting or fishing or even just gathering firewood. Neither seemed eager to leave the village and the safety of the small little family that remained.

Their scars are getting harder to see but.. I feel them under my hand whenever I put my hand on Eulalie's back. Athalie still limps a little. Isadore refuses to leave either of their sides. She felt her fingers grow cold, the fish limp in her lap. I broke my children and now I wonder if they'll ever really recover. It felt hopeless and she could feel the tears of frustration in her eyes.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Petite Cour
Oratrice
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:57 am

It had been... heartbreaking in a way to hear about the effect the capture had on her children. All of them were still fairly young, had their whole lives ahead of them, and they had been so afraid to go even outside of the village. He knew they were not his children, though he could not help but want to see all of them enjoy their lives, not be so fearful of it.

Kalypso confided in him that she could still feel the scars that lay hidden under their fur, one of them still had a limp, and that the last one refused to leave their siblings side. He could feel the pain that she was going through. How terrible of a feeling it must be to watch all of them behave like this day in and day out. Tears a threatened to come back into her eyes from her frustration.

His ears pulled back. He hated seeing her like this.

Reaching out with his hand, he gently wrapped his fingers around one of her own. He offered her a small smile, "They will recover Kalypso. It'll take time, but I am sure they will recover. Perhaps it would help to have your children traveling with the adults, give them someone that can protect them if something were to go wrong. It may help them feel more safe."

He paused, soon offering another suggestion, "I am no expert on the field but perhaps myself and Skoll could teach them some combat and self defense. Maybe would give them some comfort to know they could protect themselves if something were to come up."

He gave her hand a small squeeze, "I just want to see you happy again. I want to help you and your family in any way that I can."

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:50 pm

-

She felt the hand on her's and felt her entire body stiffen in response. She had not been hurt in malice by la Marea, but she had taken all of the blows that her children had suffered into her very soul. But Kalypso relaxed after she realized how sharp her bones felt within her flesh. The former ruler returned his smile with a tiny one of her own, the gratitude mixing with embarrassment at her own weakness.

Where once Kalypso was strong she was suddenly weak. She hated it with every fiber of her being.

I think that would be wise. They were not too keen before everything but they might be more receptive to learn from Skoll and yourself. They'll probably be better students, at least, since they'll want to learn to protect themselves. And each other. Her voice quivered somewhat but she refused to start crying out loud. She had shed enough tears and she had to be strong for them, even if they could not see her sorrow.

Thank you. You are a good friend, Hibiki. I am very glad you are still here with me, she admitted softly, feeling the reassuring pressure of his grip tightening over her fingers and she felt her heart seize. Guilt flooded all over again. She had not asked about him and the woman that had come to find him.

But.. you, you haven't said how you are? The woman that came.. where has she gone? Had he been abandoned? Had her friend lost his love?

KALYPSO SAVOY

Petite Cour
Oratrice
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:32 pm

Kalypso seemed well open to the idea of having her children learn some combat, though admitted that before these events had taken place, none of them had any interest in such a thing. He recalled one lesson that Miwa had given all of them, in terms of needed to defend themselves. They may not want to be warriors, but having that small amount of protection could go along way. There would always been unpredictable things in life, and sometimes it would be alright to run, but having the confidence to hold someone off, especially if for another, was quite a feeling.

He could hear the quivering in her voice, her desire to hold back her tears. All of this had been eating away at her so much. While he was open to be a shoulder for her to cry on, he had to commend her for showing some strength in holding herself as she had. She was still a strong woman, and he hoped one day she'd be able to see that.

He had felt her own grip growing slightly tighter around his own hand. It made him smile more, "I'm glad to be here."

Ears pulled back, his smile soon faded as the subject of Kadir had been brought up. He had not seen her in so long. It made his heart ache that he didn't know what happened to her... whether she was going to come back to him a second time. Hibiki's gaze turned down to the ground, "I... I don't know where she is... we must have gotten separated, but I haven't seen her since the battle... I don't want to assume the worst for her. She's a skilled warrior... but I may have to accept that she is lost one way or another..."

It was a terribly difficult decision to make, wanting to believe she would come back to him again, but how long would he have to wait? He still cared about her, but what more could he do for her? For himself?

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:34 pm

-

Kalypso watched his features shift so quickly, so completely. His voice halted when he spoke and it was clear that her question had struck him where it still hurt and ached. She understood that deeply penetrating ache; she felt it every day when she rose and went to bed. At least the former queen had no memory of a true lover wedged in between her ribs to stab her with every movement. The old pain of the man on the island was faded and scarred, far in the past, even if it had somehow led to her father's home and her kingdom falling apart.

At least she did not hurt in the heart, yearning for the other half of her soul. She wondered if Hibiki felt as such or not.

The woman squeezed the man's hand tightly, trying to reassure him through the strength of her grasp. It was the only steadfast thing the Savoy could give him, but she had to give what she could to the end. Even when she would be on the last dregs of her life, she was sure she would be wasting them happily to help another.

There's something I once heard that may comfort you. She looped her fingers between his and placed her other hand atop the linked digits. It was supposed to reflect security in her touch and she hoped Hibiki could feel her support flow between them. Not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. Where Kaly had heard the phrase, she did not recall at all, but it had felt right. She will return when the time is right.

Kalypso crossed her fingers (metaphorically) that she was not merely providing some glimmer of hope for the man. She hoped Kadir would return.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Petite Cour
Oratrice
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:54 pm

In part, Hibiki had come to comfort his friend, and there was nothing else that had needed to be discussed on the matter. She and her family had been through so much, and it was up to all of them to come together now and be there for each other. He had not expected her to turn the tables on him, questioning about Kadir. It stabbed at his to know that she was not around... again... His home had become lonely once again, and he yearned to have her at his side again.

Light blue gaze moved down to their hands as he felt her give him a gentle squeeze. All this time, he had been doing the same gesture for her, and now here she was doing the same for him. It brought his gaze back up to her, though they had briefly moved down again to watch her fingers cross with his own, then her free hand rested on top of it. Her touch was so comforting.

The dark male focused on her as she spoke. She seemed so sure that Kadir would come back to him when the time was right. He had hoped this would be the case. He never doubted the woman or her skills.. but it had taken so long for her to come back the first time. Time was something that could ware anyone down.

He prayed that this time she would come back to him sooner.

He took another gaze down at their hands before his smile returned to his face. His own free hand moved to come along top of her own before his gaze found her own once more, "Thanks Kalypso. I don't know what I'd do without you." His words were kind, and not his intention to make it sound so sappy or to be interperated towards something else. She had been a saving grace on his life, and he wanted nothing more than to thank her for it.

For everything.

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

Dead Topics