[M] Trouble, troublemaker, girl that's your middle name

Alena

POSTED: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:23 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
Better think twice
You train of thought will be altered
So if you must falter, be wise

A storm rolled through Casa's claim, illuminating the sky with jagged forks and deafening them thunderously. Quinn loved all of it and had to be dragged back inside by her exasperated sister, lest she be struck by the ragged strikes of lightening. Instead, she'd watched with her face pressed against the window and her tail wagging madly behind her.

Now, a new day dawned and the raging maelstrom had filled her with a sense of excitement! She had to go out, and get away or.. or run around.. or something!

She was even good and told Grandfather she was going to take a little trip away for a day or so, to his skeptically cautious expression. His chiding words to mind herself and be back within three days were hastily nodded to and she gathered up her stuff and was off.

Of course, this didn't go to plan because nothing ever did. Temnota caught up to her, just as she left the Fort, plying her with questions about where she was going and if he could come. Grinning somewhat mischievously, Quinn told him that he could come if he could gather up all his stuff and catch back up with her by the time she left the pack-lands.

To her chagrin he did just that, coming to a stop besides her with heavy breaths, having run the whole way, from the Fort to the borders. Even she was impressed at that.

It was different having someone else along on her outside adventure -- Kira never really wanted to leave the safety and Risa didn't want to go too far sometimes. Temnota was seemingly willing to traipse with her for quite a while.

They walked away from the protection Casa offered and deep into the Dampwoods, and then out the other side again, coming to a stop at the ocean's edge, which Quinn stared out at with undisguised glee.

The last one in was a rotten egg, and it was not herself.

Sleeping beneath the open sky was such a grand feeling, and she pointed out some of the special constellations to Temnota, that she had learned from one of the sailors.

Sucking on the joint allowed her to relax enough to fall asleep here in this strange space, without her sister by her side. She staunchly refused to let Temnota try it though, Grandma Jace would have her skinned and up on the wall quicker than you could say 'busted'

Next day, a ways down the beach was where they stopped to fish.

Let it out now, see how it floats there, yeah -- just like that. The darkling woman gave directions to the midnight boy, he had a makeshift pole and line, fashioned from vine and a snapped off branch. Quinn herself had her spear and waded out into the cool waters and stood, still enough that the water might settle.

Surprisingly, it was Temnota who caught the first fish of the day -- she had to laugh at how he panicked and jerked on the line and then began to run up the beach with it rather than just pulling in the line, Quinn was laughing as she shouted,

Just reel it in, Temnota! You don't gotta run!. Finally he heard her and began to actually pull it rather than just fleeing from his own fish,

<"Quienn! Whaet ahre I deu?"> He asked her frantically, and she began to splash towards the shoreline, hoping the fish didn't let go before she could get there.

Word Count: [000] Form: Optime Date: DD/MM/YY Time: 00 AM/PM

Table by Kitty. Edits by Nuki. Stock image from Deposit Photos.

Quinn   Damaichu
I watched the storm, so beautiful and yet oh so terrifying.
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Jace
Luperci Fisher

POSTED: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:34 pm

(494)

OOC text

It had been a while since she and Phoenix had gone their separate ways. It had been even longer since she had returned home. Though she thought about returning to the Petit Cour and continuing her reading lessons, there was still to much on her mind for her to return home. She felt a stab of guilt as she thought of Tora, she had been gone a while now. 'Maybe I should just go back.' she thought to herself.

If she went back now, she was sure Tora would welcome her back with open arms no matter how broken she was. She couldn't help but feel cheated in a way, the ones that were supposed to love and care for her were gone now. It was up to a total stranger to raise her and teach her the skills she would need in life, all because her parents were over protective. Shaking her head in attempts to clear her thoughts she let out a soft sigh. She felt bad for blaming her parents, it wasn't their fault that they had gotten washed away that night.

Alena didn't really know where she was going or why, after Phoenix had said his goodbyes she had decided to wander about the lands in hopes she could finally decide on what to do with her life. The sound of laughter and then shouting caught her attention, she didn't think anyone would be out this far. Her knowledge of other packs and the areas around the Petit Cour were clearly next to nothing. Quietly and slowly she stalked her way to the forests edge, almost always keeping a tree between her and the view from the shore.

Her bright sandy fur was a dead give away in the lush green of the forest. Light on her feet or not, if someone had been paying attention they could have easily spotted her movements. Flicking the tip of her tail and biting the inside of her cheek, curiosity had finally gotten the better of her. Hiding behind the tree was all well and good, but she wanted to know what was going on just beyond the shade of the trees. Slowly lowering herself down to her knees, she placed her dark paws on the trunk, using it to keep her balanced as she allowed herself a peak.

Her bright green eyes took a moment to adjust to the light, but when they did she spotted them. Two dark colored wolves, one standing on the beach with what looked to be a makeshift fishing pole in his hands, and the other trying to hurry back to the shore still laughing. Alena's bright green eyes moved between the two for a few moments, watching the scene unfold. Not wanting her luck to run out and get spotted, she pushed against the tree trunk and in one swift motion she was standing again still hidden behind the large tree.

Avi's By: @Jmonster, @Mel, and @Ash
Sig By: @Despi
Loners
Wolf
Miranda
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:59 pm

я буду звездой

He'd been almost joking when he'd asked her if he could come along with her. Scrambling to gather enough things to get him through a day or two away had been a trial itself, but he'd passed that small test -- much to his pleasure. A small shard of confidence coalesced in his chest.

Tem had taken a few small trips out of Casa with Pushok, but none so far away or for so long! It was so exciting!

In spite of their age and skill difference, Temnota took it upon himself to be their lookout. Something Quinn allowed with a smirking humor. It was not that Tem thought Quinn needed protecting because she was a girl!

The young boy had seen, with his own eyes, just how strong females could be -- he had watched Tingla Teagan take down males much larger than herself, he had seen бабушка Jace swing her staff with such ferocity it had scared him, and she was old and her leg didn't work right anymore! His respect for females was sky high.

Looking out for a pack-mate just was the Right Thing. He watched her back, as she watched his. That was what Nana Jace had told him. A wolf who does not care for his brother was no wolf at all. Those stories she had told him, of her far away homeland, where the children sometimes were called to the aurora too young, so the sisters shared their offspring, all were family.

Tem cradled such ideas in his young heart, it was shaping his mind even as it was only a subconscious thought. All were family.

Отец was a fisher, but Temnota himself had never been fishing beyond picking up clams and crabs on the beach. He was nervously excited when Quinn had fashioned him a pole out of a branch and vine and clenched it tightly between his fingers. (He was still amazed that he had fingers too!)

The quietness descended upon them, as Quinn said the fishes were scared away by loud noises.

Tugging on his line was not what he expected, and in his blind panic he just ran with the line rather than pulling it in like she had explained to him. Eventually her shouts pierced his confusion and he finally listened to her words.

"Quienn! Whaet ahre I deu?"

Quinn reached the beach at the same time the fish flopped onto the sand and began to flail around. Tem hesitantly walked forwards and peered down at the small fish he'd caught, only for it to suddenly leap up and he fell backwards in surprise, landing on his butt in the sand.

Tem burst into laughter, as did Quinn, their two voices mingling together on the lonesome beach.

Ooc | [wc — 000] template by hilli
Last edited by Temnota Hushhowl on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temnota Hushhowl
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Jace
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:49 pm

(538)

+1 Jace Point for new word: scrupulous

The last thing Alena saw before retreating back to the safety of the trees was the dark wolfess reaching the beach to help the dark male who had run up the beach with his pole. Alena could remember the first time she had gone with her father down to the river bank to watch him catch their dinner. Though she had never actually held a pole, let alone caught a fish, she still considered going with her father down to the river banks as fishing, even if she was only there so her father could keep an eye on her.

The trips down to the riverbanks with her father were put to an end when she had lost her footing and fell into the river, had it not been for her fathers quick reaction she could have easily been swept away or worse. From that time on, she could never understand why her parents had been so scrupulous about her activities and whereabouts after almost being swept away. But being as young as she was when it had happened, it didn't really matter much to her.

Her parents had always made sure that she had everything she could ever need, but when it came to her learning new skills it was a much different story. When she had asked her father about how to make a fire, he explained that she could easily get hurt with the fire starting materials, and that she wasn't allowed to learn such things. Her safety was the utmost importance to her parents. But since they had refused to teach her any skills other than catching small prey, she was severely stunted in being able to care for herself on her own.

An eruption of laughter had snapped her back to reality. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, as quickly as she could she lightly placed her paws back onto the tree. In her haste to see what was had caused the laughter between the two wolves, she had moved to carelessly. Her hands weren't braced against the trunk well enough to catch herself, the momentum of her movements caused her hands to slip from the trunk. As her hands slipped from the trunk, she fell out to the side of the tree, her hands stretching out to catch her instinctively. Her arms buckled under her weight and momentum, as she hit the ground all the air was forced out of her. She laid there for a second or two, with a few gasps to regain her breath and to silently curse to herself for not being more careful.

She felt like a fool, for being so captivated by the two darker wolves jovial mood. Just watching from afar she knew that the two were happy, and enjoying the day. But for now it was much to late to reflect on the fact that she should have just gone home instead of being nosy. With a defeated sigh, she slowly picked herself up onto all fours. All but certain she had been spotted now, she stayed on her hands and knees with her head bent low. Her long unkempt locks falling to cover her face and hide her embarrassment.

Loners
Wolf
Miranda
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Better think twice

Laughter was a staple in her life, and to have it here, on this lonesome beach was refreshing. The egregiousness confinement she had been suffer to was released, she was free to experience newness again. Each and every wheezing breath was a blessing.

Their joviality was interrupted by a strange falling out from behind a tree.

Immediately Quinn was transported back to the fall of Anathema, and her hand tightened upon her spear. She saw the man she had killed, and the red, red, red of his blood as it has gushed from his neck. She remembered Nana Jace on her supermassive horse, cutting the attackers down like they were nothing at all.

Life was so fleeting, and Quinn did not fear her own death.

What she did fear, however, was having to stand before Darkness and Nana Jace and tell them that Temnota had been hurt under her watch.

Before she could order him to her side though, the boy had scrambled to his feet and was hurrying towards the girl on her hands and knees.

<"Oh, oh! Miss, Ahre yeu okaey?"> He was speaking in his deep voice, and putting a hand upon her arm to try and help her to her feet. Quinn hurried forwards too, warily watching with the bright blue of her eyes washing over this scrappy, scrawny female.

Who are you? The dark woman called, a hand upon her hip. If the pale female made any move to hurt the young boy then she'd find Quinn's spear lodged in her chest.

Quinn   Damaichu
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Jace
Luperci Fisher

POSTED: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:19 am

(414)

OOC text

Alena couldn't believe herself, she had been far too reckless in regards to her actions. The curtain of her hair easily hid her face as she contemplated her options. But it had become clear that it was too late to run, a male voice cut through the silence 'Oh, oh! Miss, Ahre yeu okaey? the voice asked. Her ears pinned back as the dark male approached her. Her hands balled into fists as she prepared for the worst.

But as the dark male placed a soft hand upon her arm she flinched away, bringing herself back to sit on her knees looking up at the two dark figures. Her bright green eyes were wide with panic and fear as the female approached slowly. But as the dark woman called out to her, she couldn't stifle her fear and let out a whimper. Her eyes darting between the two wolves. I-i... U-uh.. she stammered, the panic and surprise clear on her face. Her tail flicked nervously as she tried to compose herself I'm sorry... I didn't mean to intrude. she explained quickly. My name is Alena.. I was just walking by when I heard you laughing.

With another fearful whimper, she shifted on her knees nervously. I didn't mean any harm... I haven't.. heard laughter in some time.. Her bright green eyes looked up, full of pleading and sadness. She was finally regaining her composure, taking a deep breath she slowly and carefully placed her hand back onto the large tree. Using the trunk to help herself back onto her feet, with slow and calculated movements she finally rose to stand before the pair.

On her feet now, she looked at the dark wolves before finally speaking P-please forgive me. she stated before her stance slowly lowered as she bent forward in a respectful curtsy. I shouldn't have been hiding. So please forgive me for not giving you the proper greeting that you deserve. Her fathers' teachings showed in this instance, 'Always show respect to your elders.' It was one of the few things her father had drilled into her mind. To Alena, the male looked to be about the same age as she was. But the female was older than both of them by the presence she gave off. Even if the dark female was only a few years older, this still required Alena to show her the respect she would give anyone else.

Last edited by Alena on Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loners
Wolf
Miranda
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:51 pm

я буду звездой

He didn't want to scare her even more, so when she pulled away from him, Tem took a step backwards, looking at Quinn questioningly for guidance. His fingers twisted together nervously, and he peered back at the girl who was young like himself, and how she stumbled over her words, very afraid.

Tem's soft boy's heart melted. Those teachings were a part of himself now, and he could hear in a multitude of voices, 'the strong protect the weak.' He drew himself up taller, and stopped his fidgeting fingers.

"Is noet troubles, Alaena. We ahre juest fieshing!" The white tipped tail began wagging behind him, a smile upon his boyish face.

Even Quinn was lowering her spear and losing her tense air when he looked back again at her. It was painfully obvious that this girl was a threat to no one, except maybe her own self with clumsiness.

<"Are you alone or something? Where is your pack?"> Quinn's high pixie voice could sound so strange when she was trying to be serious. Tem could already see her ears beginning to twitch though, still for too long. He stifled a giggle.

Ooc | [wc — 000] template by hilli
Temnota Hushhowl
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Jace
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:17 pm

(463)

The dark male retreated slowly as she flinched away, this was somewhat of a relief to her. But as the young male broke the silence between the trio her eyes focused on him. "Fishing?" she asked cocking her head to the side slightly. She knew the basics of fishing just from watching her father, though taking what she knew in theory and putting it to use was a different story.

She knew the hook had to be baited with something the fish would want to eat, and that once the fish was on the line you pull it in quickly. But the actual practice of fishing eluded her. She could see the young males tail wagging behind him, she couldn't help but return the smile. "Have you caught anything yet?" she asked curiously. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the dark female lowering her spear as the tense air dissipated between them.

Though her high voice was clear, it took a few moments for Alena to compose her thoughts. <"Are you alone or something? Where is your pack?>" the dark wolfess asked her. Alena shifted her weight from one foot to the other as she took a moment to think. "I'm alone, no one came with me," she said in a calm voice. Though it was true, it had been some time since she had gone back to the Petit Cour, and she began missing Tora's company.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts she finally spoke once again. "I don't have a pack, but Tora took me in," she explained thoughtfully. It was out of his kindness that she had a home to return to instead of having to wander the lands. Alena's piercing green eyes looked at the dark wolfess and with a soft sigh, she finally decided to tell her story. Leaning over she pressed her shoulder into the trunk of the tree, a somber look spreading across her face.

"I'm not sure how long ago it was, but I lost my family in a flash flood," she explained, her arms crossed over her chest, and clutched onto her upper arm tightly trying to hold herself together. "It had been raining a lot lately, and when we stopped to camp for the night... It was my turn to stand watch," she said her voice becoming shaky.

"It happened so quickly, and they were all swept away in the current." her gaze shifted to look at the forest floor, tears starting to well up in her eyes. "Thankfully Tora found me... Or I would be all alone." Releasing the grasp of one hand, it reached over to her face to gently run across her eyes in attempts to clear away the tears.

Loners
Wolf
Miranda
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:08 pm

Better think twice

Those painful memories were slipping away again, falling into the background of her mind. This girl was so pathetically inept that it was almost embarrassing to have been pointing her spear at her. Temnota was nodding his head though,

<"Yaes! Is veiry fun!">

Her own question overshadowed the shy one's inquiry of their catch. Then she began to speak of losing her entire family in a flood. Quinn bit her lip, now feeling slightly bad for her line of questioning. Temnota peered back at her with a pained, strained expression, one that Quinn mirrored.

Oh... I'm sorry... What more could be said to that?

There was an awkward pause there. Tem looked at a loss for words, they didn't know this girl. How did one comfort an unknown person?

Would you like to join us fishing? It was a tentative offer, slate ears pressed backwards against Quinn's head before coming forwards again. She rubbed her fingers together, usually Kira was the one who dealt with... sensitive things like this. Quin had a tendency of bumbling things up.

Quinn   Damaichu
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Jace
Luperci Fisher

POSTED: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:48 pm

Alena
My path is set. Stormy skies won't stop me now.
Form | Time | Location
I hope the change in table is okay. If not let me know and i'll change it!
WORD COUNT

Alena smiled as the dark male responded to her, he seemed excited just to be out fishing. But as started explaining why she was here alone, she could see both of their expressions change. Pained and strained faces stared at the sandy female as she finished her story.

Though the dark female said her condolences, Alena could just nod her thanks. The awkward silence and pause the conversation had taken made her shift on her paws awkwardly. But once the dark female spoke, Alena's ears perked in surprise. The dark woman wanted her to stay, and to join them in fishing?

Alena kicked one of her feet at the ground shyly "I uh..." she paused with a soft sigh. "I don't know how to fish." she finally admitted to the pair of dark wolves before her. She wasn't proud for not knowing any useful skills, but now that her family was gone maybe it was time to change that.

Clearing her throat she reached up to rub the back of her head nervously. "If you don't mind, could you teach me to fish too?" she said in a soft voice. "If it's not to much trouble, that is." she added quickly. She didn't want to impose on the pairs good time, but fishing could be a valuable skill if she found herself alone again.

Template by Andi

Loners
Wolf
Miranda
Luperci

Seabreeze Brink