Shared pain and common grounds.

POSTED: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:33 am

WC: 230

It had been a few hours since she had parted ways with the Hushhowl patriarch and his son. She had spent the hours wandering about, admiring the jerky that Pushok had gifted her. It also comforted her to know that she wasn't the only one Shaamah had scarred both physically and mentally. Alena would never be the same again, her nightmares persisted even within the safe confines of her home. The horrible dreams weren't something she wanted to share with many people, let alone having to share them with Tora.

She felt guilty as her mouth watered just at the scent of the jerky, she had to have a taste. She had been gifted three pieces of jerky, and she decided that she would eat only half of one in hopes of preserving her gift. She found a small hill just outside of the village to sit on and enjoy her treat. Her tail wagged happily as she brought one of the sticks to her nose, breathing in its smokey scent. Swallowing hard, saliva threatening to overflow from her maw and start dripping. Parting her jaws she ripped off a small part of the jerky, saliva now overflowed with the smokey taste and texture of the jerky. She chewed slowly, closing her eyes blissfully. She wanted to savor every bite, every morsel that she allowed herself to take.
Alena

Avi's By: @Jmonster, @Mel, and @Ash
Loners
Wolf
Miranda
'Souls Soldier of Love Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:09 am

Darkness had finished the meeting with Hibiki, exchanging the details of his encounter which strangely had some connecting ties with a certain female he'd met just this morning. Pushok had been left to explore a bit of the Village as their meeting of Darkness' details went on, but the Patriarch was not quite yet prepared to take off. He'd leave Pushok to his own devices, trusting the boy to be respectful of the space of their allies village, while we ventured a bit away to find a certain familiar face.

It hadn't taken long to locate Alena, her perch atop the hill leaving her visible about most of the houses and landscape around her. Darkness carried paws that still moved stiffly below him, as he'd not yet healed from his brush with the demon that had plagued them both.

The aged figured slowly made his up the hillside, a small, wolfish bark to announce his arrival, though not so much as to startle her. As he neared, he found the sight of her enjoying the gift that Pushok had parted ways with upon their first meeting. It was strange to think that the same woman that had nearly taken his son's finger off had managed to air on the side of their better judgment. What was not strange was her reaction to them both after what she had suffered. He'd keep it in his mind to mention temperance to Pushok. Temperance... and personal space.

“I caem teu taelk teu yeu,”
The Russian lilt moved quietly to her. No other ears need hear what he had to say,” I truest dhaet yeu caen respiect dhe faect dhat my soen does noet nied teu knoew vhy,” A comment made in light of his previous sudden silence when she had spoken to him with gratitude. He did not figure to ask to rest his bones beside her, but with the tension that had gone on inside the Amurier's home, he needed the respite.

Weathered hands crossed palms and entwined the digits in his lap as he measured the right words to speak to her. Surly, she could not simple forget the conversation they'd had earlier, and Darkness fell that it was her right to know more about Shaamah than she may have wanted to know. It was all in retrospect to her safety, to battle the notion of any vengeance that she might incite. That man was not worth it," If I maey haev yeur proemies teu dhat, I viell teach yeu vhaet I laerned teu late."

Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Dark
Fisher

POSTED: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:23 pm

The taste and fragrance of the smoked meat threatened to overwhelm her senses. Droplets of saliva stained the ground below her, savoring the flavor of her treat. Her ears pitched forward at the gruff bark. Vibrant green gems snapped open only to see the silver-edged patriarch making his way up the hill.

A dark paw wiped across her lips and muzzle to clear away any lingering strands and droplets. Before she could clear her mouth of the jerky, the pallid man had settled in next to her. A gentle smile spread across her lips, muzzle finally free of food. "I understand. He shouldn't have to deal with the burden of this knowledge." she said bringing her knees closer to her chest now.

Her eyes shifting to the ground with a soft sigh "Everyone handles these situations differently." her words were true, not everyone could deal with such a brutal story. Pushok's reaction was something she hadn't expected, though he had taken the information as gracefully as he could manage.

Her petite tail swayed leisurely as she lifted her gaze to look at the pallid man. His posture had changed, and with this change, the dusty woman could tell how serious the conversation would become. "If you don't want me to tell Pushok what we discuss, then I will honor your wishes."

A wave of anxiety washed over her now, a lump in her throat and a weight of a rock dragging down her stomach. Emerald gems focused intently, the change on the man's face and in his posture all but told her how serious his information should be taken.

WC: 275
Alena

Avi's By: @Jmonster, @Mel, and @Ash
Loners
Wolf
Miranda
'Souls Soldier of Love Luperci

POSTED: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:12 pm

There was a grin that she met him with that almost made him regret his decision to come to her, to finish a conversation they'd started and ended between mere moments. Not only did he want to help her better understand the situation she had somehow gotten herself into, but he wanted to better know the person that Temnota had met. There was a heavy chance that if Temnota was to be friend with her, Pushok would quickly follow in his footsteps, and it was safe to say that Darkness was more wiling to conversate with those that would have history with his family.

Alena explained that she acknowledged, and though Darkness wasn't to immediately accept her words. Words could be laced with other things. It was her own chance in expression, a more serious note on her own visage that spoke to him without words. She understood,” Dhank yeu,” He spoke quietly and took in a deep breath, collecting his thoughts, his memories, of a moment that he could have avoided, but chose not to.

“Dhis maen who huert yeu... He heurt me teu,” Milk and honey sights trailed away from Alena's own verdant eyes as he brushed off the dust of a memory that he couldn't bury,” Yeu saeid dhaet he maed yeu feil liek woerthliess,” The patriarch asked. It was unlike the monster to do so and in that, he'd found a similarity in them. Yet, all the same, that reflection of himself that he saw carried with it a burden. Darkness was told outright what it meant should he go seeking out that beast again. He wondered if Alena held in her heart a vengeance as he did, and he worried about the price that she might pay to incite it.

Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Dark
Fisher

Seabreeze Brink