Your Eyes Betray

Johanna

POSTED: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:00 pm

The hybrid paced, it was something he had never done, he felt now, something that he had never felt. Eyes drew nearly closed as they narrowed in frustration, his gaze boring daggers into the surrounding autumn foliage. Hands twitched at his sides as he paced back and forth through the trees. How did this happen right beneath his watch? How could he have not seen it coming? How, through all his meticulous planning, had he failed to foresee this turn of events?

With a frustrated snarl the hybrid whirled and bore his fist full force into the side of a tree, bark and moss bits raining to the ground as the male felt the impact split the fur over his knuckles. Slowly, wild eyes returned to their cold piercing gaze as he brought his hand back away from the tree, turning it over to observe the blood that ran out between his fingers.

He dropped the hand back to his side and it was as though it had never happened. Walking back to camp, leaving little red rubies in his wake that fell from his claws as he went, the monochrome jackal mix weaved his way back through a familiar path to the place he had called home yet for most of his life. When he'd made it back, the Einar male made his way straight to the little white furred female he'd come to feel for. "You're leaving me...?" Was what he said, no greeting, and nothing more as he stood behind her, looking down at her, his expression distant, and, almost hurt.
Loners
Hybrid
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:58 pm

A soft sigh was drawn out, as the ashen haired girl stuffed a hide pack full of what little belongings she had, with no small amount of grumbling. Of course, her parents had decided that they wanted to move on from the Order, to get some distance and work things out on their own. From the stories her parents have told, they've lived in so many places and moved so many times, it's no wonder why they're comfortable with how this turned out. Good for them. So glad they asked their only child remaining with them if she cared about leaving the only home she had ever known.

Johanna smoothed out her dress, trying to keep it clean as much as she wore it. Fiddling with a knife made of bone, she eventually stowed it as well, drawing the bag tight and hoisted it on her shoulder. Stepping out to take down her tent, she could hear precise, direct footsteps in her direction, turning around to see Elias marching right toward her, her face breaking into a forlorn expression. She didn't want to have to face him about this right now, she didn't even know how to explain it to herself. "Elias, I..."

This was probably the most distraught that the Greyfire girl had ever seen him, and while that did make her flutter somewhat, it still felt like a crushing weight. "I'm not trying to leave you, but... My family, they want to move somewhere else." she said, fighting back the tears as she spoke to him. With a hopeful glint, she looked up into his cold eyes, trying to muster a smile. "But maybe, maybe you could come visit? We'll be sure to let everyone know where we settle, I think." The smell of iron started to permeate the air, and Johanna sniffed worriedly, spying crimson drops falling from his hand. "Are you okay..?" she asked, trying to get a closer look at his hand, staring up at him with concern.
Loners
Wolfdog
Mike
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:22 am

The dark hybrid held a cold disdain in his eyes, it was perhaps the first time in his young adult life that something unforeseen had occurred and taken the calculating male off his guard. "But you are." The tall jackal accused, looking off to the side of them as she fumbled in her despair, offering that the male could come visit them, asking if he was okay. It was a moment later that the jackal finally turned to look her in the eyes again, icy shards piercing her deep blue depths with their focus.

"Would you want that?" The Einar son finally asked, his composure seeming to have returned to him, along with something else. Perhaps things would work out after all. "Would you want me to..." He raised a dark hand, the uninjured one, long and slender fingers raising to trace the line of her cheek. "To come see you? You'll stay with me, wont you...?" He asked, his hand tracing her neck and shoulder and down her arm until he caught her own dainty white fingers and brought them up to his muzzle to kiss before pressing them to his broad chest.

"You'll be mine, no matter how far you travel, wont you, beautiful lady?" He finished, sprinkling something like grief into his expression as he gazed into her eyes, his tail down and his ears half pricked as if he awaited her answer with baited breath. "I love you, Johanna."
Loners
Hybrid
Corie
Luperci

Seabreeze Brink