Will have to get used to the trip

P. Skoll

POSTED: Sun May 03, 2020 7:14 am

OOC -Freddy's speaking in 'sign', basically just making a lot of hand gestures and faces :)

Through this magnifying glass, I see a thousand finger prints on the surfaces of who I am.

Turns out one adventure wasn't enough to fulfil Freddy's spirit. Despite the outcome the trip up north, Fredrick was eager as ever to explore again. It seemed the boy had more longing for the unknown than Cedric ever did, but it was about time Fredrick started to show some differences to his guardian, lest they come copies of one another. But despite Cedric's wishes to remain in Casa and work, the bright eyes of his ward and a few requests to go out again and the Stryder had given in. This time however, they would only spend the day out, and they would travel using Apollo's feet rather than their own.

The proud stallion was fine for Cedric to control, he'd dealt with more headstrong horses, but the ride was Fredrick's first time on the back of horse. The extra body wouldn't put much stress on Apollo, he was a mighty creature and Freddy was hardly heavy enough to be considered an extra load. Once they got out of Casa, Cedric pushed Apollo into a gallop, feeling small hands latch tighter around his waist from behind. They raced through sections of the forest, watching as the lands warped from heavy groves of trees to open fields and finally a horizon of water beyond.

Cedric didn't stop along the coast but a few miles before the edge of land, bringing Apollo to the side of a lake to rest for a portion of the mid afternoon. The Stryder got down first, looking up to his ward with a withheld grin. Fredrick looked a bit dazed, his deep green eyes stuck wide like full moons, and his hair left wind-brushed. Patting the boy's leg for attention, Cedric helped his ward down off the horse. "If you want to explore more of the lands you'll have to get used to riding a horse, it'll make the journeys a lot quicker." Cedric stated, moving forward to grab Apollo's reins and lead the creature over to the source of natural water for a drink.

'Maybe I'll get a smaller horse then. One that doesn't make my legs feel like they're falling off.' Freddy gestured once Cedric gave the boy his attention. Cedric gave the kid a small smile, patting Apollo's neck before taking a few steps into the water himself to cool off.

Cedric Stryder
A Knight is sworn to valor, his blade defends the helpless
Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Jazzy
Luperci Guardsman Tier III The Brotherhood: Master of Blunt Weapons They stole my dirty socks... :( 2020 SoSuWriMo Champ! Spring Spree 2020
Shield Master

POSTED: Sun May 03, 2020 6:52 pm

Goddamn coyotes.

Brushing tangled blonde hair out of his face, Skoll groaned. He supposed that wasn’t entirely fair; a coyote had patched him up after the other one poked him full of holes. Much of that had been thanks to his daughter’s wheedling rather than any moral obligation, he thought.

The fact remained that his wounds still hurt, and worse, they itched.

The large wolfdog lumbered through the southern forests, idly scratching at a bandage that had been dirtied and torn after days of travel. Despite his old age, he wasn’t the type of man to sit still; he’d let Galilee ply him with river trout and fat hares until he grew tired of the Troupe’s gazes on him. He decided to go south again, visit some familiar haunts, and vaguely hope that he would run into someone interesting enough to distract him from his hurts.

Unlucky with this in the north -- goddamn coyotes -- Skoll’s fortune thankfully changed as he passed through territory not far from Casa di Cavalieri.

Catching the scent of a horse, Skoll followed the tracks to a lake, where he laid eyes (rather, eye) on a curious pair: a silver-white wolf and a tiny, splotched canine. He frowned at the sight of the latter, but their scent marked them Cavaliers; he caught another familiar whiff, too.

“Bonjour,” the large wolfdog barked, ducking beneath a branch to walk toward the shore. He grinned at the sight of the horse, granting it a kissy-noise before pausing, hand on hip and chin lifted in his usual arrogant poise. “Is this a field trip?” he asked, inclining his head toward the big-eared runt.

TOP OF THE WORLD, BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN
THEY BUILT YOU UP AND BROKE YOU DOWN AGAIN
SO NOW YOU HOPE TO BEAT THE SURF IN
Loners
Wolfdog
Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2020 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Fri May 22, 2020 11:05 am

OOC -stuff here

Through this magnifying glass, I see a thousand finger prints on the surfaces of who I am.

The water was a pleasant temperature. They weren't into the warmest seasons yet but already Cedric's heavy coat was feeling the urge to find shade. This kind of weather would be a blessing for Fredrick, he imagined, with the boy's thin coat and fear of the cold a nice warm sun would surely bring some good feelings for the Jackal pup. Whilst Apollo drank, Cedric looked to Fredrick as the boy began to sign some more. Cedric caught the moment his ward's ears pulled back, the large leathers catching a sound before Cedric could, impressive considering perception was part of Cedric's job. The Lionheart looked around them, orange eyes catching the golden wolfdog making their way to the lake. For a moment, with the colour of the coat and the smell of blood, Cedric wondered if they'd somehow repeated their previous trip up north.

But the man approached relaxed, a warm look on his face and features Cedric swore he could recognise. No swearing or threats, much better than the last trip then. Cedric glanced to Fredrick, catching the boy's shoulders tense and his body go rigid, before placing a hand on the boy's upper arm to hope smooth out some of that sharp stance. "It is, yes." Cedric replied. If the man was guessing this was a trip, then he must be aware of where they came from.

Pondering on the how and why's of that made a memory click in Cedric's mind, and he found himself bowing his head to the older man. "Forgive me for not recognising you immediately... it's been a while." Cedric announced, looking up to give the ex-Courtier a warm smile. He shook Freddy's arm a bit. "Don't worry, he is a friend to Casa." He addressed to his ward, looking to Skoll just to make sure he'd got his assumptions right about the man. "It's... Skoll, right?" The Stryder might recognise the man from his trips to the Court, or the occasions where their packs met for festivities, but he needed to make sure names hadn't escaped him yet.

"It's a shame Cidro didn't come with us, I'll let him know you are doing well..." Cedric added, his nose then twitching from those lingering hints of blood in the air. Golden eyes looked to the dressings and cuts over Skoll and the Lionheart frowned. "Are you doing well?"

Cedric Stryder
A Knight is sworn to valor, his blade defends the helpless
Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Jazzy
Luperci Guardsman Tier III The Brotherhood: Master of Blunt Weapons They stole my dirty socks... :( 2020 SoSuWriMo Champ! Spring Spree 2020
Shield Master

Seabreeze Brink