Cry in the dark, fly through the night

[ Fenrir ]

POSTED: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Set on Quartz Shoreline, midday. Aedus is with her.

Word Count → 000

“Ocèane,” the faintly accented voice caused the woman’s ear to twitch, and it was moments later she felt a weight slide along her shoulders, brushing gently across her throat and weeding through her waved tresses. The Hineyu only continued a set of several steps before she fell on the shoreline, the cold sand sticking to her shins and tail as she crossed her legs on the beach. Blue eyes gratefully rested on the pinkish eyes of Aedus, his tongue flicking thoughtfully at her. Her breath hitched and she willed no tears to fall, the moment of weakness only lasting several heartbeats. “Aedus, I’m sorry.” It was the first thing that tumbled from her mouth, and she leaned forward, running her fingers past her temples to knot in her hair, her oxygen intake increasing as she struggled to find some sort of relief.

The cobra twisted from her shoulders to slide down an arm and finally settle himself in the chilled sand, head raising, neck fanning to make himself appear more threatening. “Why didn’t you tell me?” He hissed, though not as frighteningly as he could have. The snake’s fan fell just an inch limp, though he still watched the Aston with hard eyes. Ocèane looked to him hopelessly. “I couldn’t- wouldn’t. I did something unspeakable and I knew you would hate me for it, as you do now.” The Spirit Guide coiled his thin body tighter, hiss sliding from his flickering tongue. “I wouldn’t hate you for it if you had told me. I’m called a Spirit Guide for a reason, Kiss. I could’a helped you,” The woman shook her head, pulling her fingers from her hair to look out over the waves sullenly. She listened to their crashing and welcomed the cold wind that bit against her fur. Oce raised a finger to draw it again the faint wound across her forehead where the bark had cut her during her encounter with Domovoi. She hoped it would scar, good and deep. Though she knew it wouldn’t. The cut was minor. “It’s too late for that now.” The words were soft-spoken and broken, defeated. Aedus watched her carefully for a moment before pulling his fan against his neck, once again becoming smooth and serpentine. A sharp impression of hurt and colors of blue appeared against her vision, and her eyes flicked to the snake again, who just shook his small head. The message was clear; it was just another mistake to add to. She felt cold against her fur as the white cobra slid up against her arm again to encircle himself around her throat, hiding his head in her long hair. Ocèane sighed, leaning forward to set her elbows on her knees as she watched the grey waves crash against the sandy shoreline.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Satish.M; table by Aly

Océane Aston

Ann
Luperci the rules of paradise are never nice
I want your fears, your hopes
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:56 pm

As the waves crashed his amber eye watched them for irregular movements or anything out of the ordinary. Fish often made unnatural disturbances within the natural crests of the waves but alas there were none. Even when the melancholy water collided with the shore the atmosphere still had a sense of serenity and beauty. He carefully inched near the water's edge pulling from his elk pelt satchel, that was slung against his slender frame, a small but near mint condition leather bound sketch book along with the proper utensils. He wanted to catch the feeling of the gray waves being watched by the dark gray clouds which the water seemed to mimic.He felt the anguish of the scenery as he copied the sight before him into the sketch book. It was odd that such a heart wrenching sight brought a sense of joy to the ash colored wolf. But, this is what he needed, he needed a day of rest. A day to himself was well deserved. He had faced a dagger wielding blood thirsty demon of a wolf, he had been turned down in his attempt at love, he had trained in bow and hand to hand combat. He was living more than he ever had even within his old pack. This was truly wonderful journey but he needed rest and this was the rest he needed.

He was on his journey once again to finish his investigation of the region. He needed to finish his collection if he wished to have something impressive to show his leaders. Each page was covered in in-depth descriptions of each region and is directly followed by an accurate map of the area and all the landmarks. His dream was that of a diplomat but his hobbies were like that of a wanderer. He snickered realizing the ridiculous nature of such a creature and yet here he was still alive. He was the living proof that sometimes even things that don't make sense can survive. He was commonly seen wandering about sketching although it was hard to not notice a seven foot six inch tall ash gray wolf with white paws. He had one amber eye on his left side accompanied by his blind sapphire eye that laid on the right side of his slender face. His eyes moved unison due to muscle memory but he only saw the world through his left eye. Nothing more than a left angled view of the world. This still didn't affect him as he drew a death breath of the chilled air. It was a calming sensation he still couldn't believe the intensive and utterly daunting encounters he had to endure but of course the moments where he made new allies were enjoyable. The moment when he had finally found a family, his pack were the happiest of them all. In his heart he felt accepted for once in his life he felt accepted. This moment, this very moment was pure bliss and so he felt a need to express it, to let the world know. "You know through all the hell I've been through this, this right here, this sense of bliss is what I live for." His slender whip like tail that matched his slender body swayed behind him in a calm manner while his equally slender ears stood straight up.
Fenrir Lupercus

John William Frost
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Word Count → 451

The waves and their accompanying sounds were hypnotic. Ocèane rarely used alcohol- she used nature and adventure, instead. She could always lose herself in the sound of the waves breaking over shoreline, or the twitter of a far-off bird, even the simple sound of wind ruffling her fur and the bare branches of the slowly reviving trees. Seafoam eyes grew sharp as she watched over the greyscale landscape of ocean, examining each white crest and slap of one against another. She sat for a long while; not brooding, but watching. She witnessed the slick back of a pod of whales break the surface, almost blending in against the rest of the sea. You had to have a sharp eye to catch the slightly finned and graceful creatures, which vanished as quickly as they had appeared. Eventually the woman grew cold, standing so close to the biting waves, and slowly rose to her feet, Luperci toes sinking into the soft sand. With a quick sweep of her tail and clinging grains fell back to the namesake and the Hineyu turned towards the forest. She’d just set her palm on the first trunk to walk back to home, when a curious voice caught her attention.

She wasn’t quite sure how she’d heard it over the crashing of waves and blunt wind, but she had nonetheless. Pausing, she leaned back to peer around the trunk at a grey figure along the beach. Curiosity struck her, as it commonly did- and without much thought the Aston moved from the tree refuge towards the stranger. “One of these days, you’re going to walk up on the wrong person and get us both killed.” The clipped English voice caught her surprise; she’d forgotten Aedus was still strung along her neck, as it was such a familiar weight. “Oh, tais-toi.” She murmured French to her friend, and he just let out a serpentine sigh and drew his head out of her hair to see what exactly she was getting them into.

“The waves always help me forget things.” Ocèane agreed, walking up to the shoulder of the man and briefly looking out over the sea as well, before she turned bright eyes to him. She often acted like a juvenile even though she was well into her adult years. One of such was interrupting strangers at any point she felt she wanted to. “I’m Ocèane,” she offered the stranger, and the white cobra around her neck slithered further into sight, tongue flicking. “Excuse her, she’s just a chip rude.” The dark woman gave the Spirit Guide a dark glare and blew an airy hand in his direction to fend his intruding face off.

Océane Aston

Ann
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:00 am

Fenrir could feel the chilling wind as he stood close to the water's edge his ears could pick up faint disturbances in the water. This only brought a smile to the ash colored wolf's lips. He always enjoyed the beauty of nature and since Axelle taught him low speech he never felt better, he could understand some of the creatures. But the down side is he couldn't truly capture the language in itself onto paper in words. He would need to innovate or create a whole new alphabetical system just to truly capture the language's essence. He had no more time to think as the movement of the grass behind him grew louder indicating that someone was moving towards him. He could smell them, this was a pack he hasn't encountered but no matter if they wished to harm him the wouldn't have made so much noise. Either that or they had no skill in the area of stealth. He heard the voice of a female and the rustling of hair. The feminine voice had no familiarity to it but he recognized the sound of a flicking tongue. His father had once traded for serpents with other packs and allowed them to agitate the creatures before placing them onto his shoulders. His father was a little insane but he did this to show he had no fear and that the beasts would never dare attack him. The one time a serpent had attempted to pierce it's fangs into his father's leg, his father had a dagger between its jaws. The serpent seemed helpless it wasn't injured but it's fangs were hooked onto the opposite edge of the blade. His father didn't need to resort to killing just because it seems like he might die, no he always found a way around ending a man's life but of course sometimes even he had to spill some blood for the greater good.

Fenrir stood there nodding in agreement to the unknown woman. He associated her name to her voice as to lower the risk of forgetting her name if they ever meet again. He only needed a glance to see her face and register it to the name given. Though in that glance he had to turn his head. His blinded sapphire right eye would've been obvious to her especially when paired with his operational amber left eye. He looked back towards the sea setting down his journal laying gently within the safety of his elk satchel. While his hand was within its walls he removed his folded hooded cloak and gingerly tied it around placing it in the appropriate position with the hood down as to not be rude. The cloak was a gift he had taken with him from his old pack it was once his friend's but now here it was upon himself. He sighed he remember that this gift was a parting gift of a dead-man. The cloak itself fit perfectly on the large wolf along with his slender frame not a single inch of its clothe was wasted.

After he had finished with his rude but necessary wardrobe change, he decided it was time to speak. He spoke calmly staring out into the water " I'm Fenrir LupercusI come from Anathema and it is a pleasure to meet you Miss Oceane forgive me but I am still hypnotized by the water's beauty but I hope your serpentine companion isn't at risk of being harmed because this is rather cold for a creature that depends on the temperature of their surroundings oh if you are wondering how I know, it's because it is rather difficult to hide a Ophiophagus hannah with the capability of speaking and comprehending the English language," He paused realizing using the scientific name for creatures can prove rather difficult for some people " by Ophiophagus hannah I mean cobra though they are the same thing just a different name like cougar and puma except much longer and less known." He chuckled at his own array of useless information in fact he still remembered the day his mother refused to let his father purchase any more serpents. It always gave her a heart attack to see him toy with his own life like that but his father was a man that liked risk because as his father puts it if a smart man is kept locked up he'd go insane but if you let him take his chances then he can make the world better place. Fenrir agreed to some extent as e did adventure quite frequently. Though this train of thought didn't last long before he was puzzled at the mere existence of a serpent with the ability to speak, he didn't let this show but he did have to ask. " How come your companion can speak because he is speaking English and from what I've read serpents don't have vocal cords necessary to do so though whether he could speak or not it's rude not to greet him and so my greeting goes for him as well oh and please don't hide him that is rather rude and by doing that you are proving his point not to offend you." His smile stayed as he continued to watch the waves now marveling at the existence of such a beast.
Fenrir Lupercus

John William Frost
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:33 pm

Word Count → 401

As the stranger clothed himself with a warm-looking cloak, the Hineyu thought it was a rather smart thing to do. Beaches were cold places, with cold ocean winds easily cutting through fur to chill skin. But the cold revitalized Océane, and the gooseflesh that raised beneath her fur was welcome, as it helped to sharpen her thoughts and thinking, and made every breath frozen and sweet. She’d never much been one for clothing, lest it be special occasions or the like. Currently, the only source of heat came from the Spirit Guide coiled around her neck, his scales keeping her most vulnerable and exposed throat safe from the freezing cold.

Her first impression of the man was that maybe her friend was right, and she should be more careful who she talked to. The blind and useless blue eye was intimidating, at first- but it wasn’t long after he began to speak she figured he was kind enough, and had just been born or cursed with some unfortunate genes or events. Quickly, the topic was changed from enchanting waves to the albino cobra around her neck, and in turn, Aedus righted himself, extending from her shoulder with his neck fanned, tongue flicking, his dark eyes holding some form of cold and calculating. “I am not a simple serpent, how could you assume such a-“ His threatening retaliation was cut short as Océane rose her hand to brush beneath his chin, and Aedus visibly relaxed, though he still hovered from her neck to watch the stranger carefully. “This is Aedus.” She introduced, and he hissed quietly. “He is my spirit companion. And, as the title suggests, he does not possess the physical body of a snake. This is just the form he chooses to reveal himself in.” She was very aware that any real serpent would be extremely lethargic in such cold conditions and in danger of death, and many had questioned the possibility of such a lively companion. “I could just as easily take the form of a bear and-“

“Aedus, please.” She murmured, stroking her friend’s scales again, carefully but coolly, reminding him to be kind in the presence of a stranger. It was not like the serpent to be so sharp-tongued and aggressive, though she knew he was haughty in his status and his temper was growing short with recent events.

Océane Aston

Ann
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Fri May 02, 2014 6:19 pm

He knew the tongue lashing was deserved as he let out a sigh. " A spirit guide the very creatures said to have led the divine to their rightful place among the stars." He smiled softly as he looked at the two a familiar screech broke his train of thought. Now as instinct Fen held out his arm as a large two foot tall hawk landed on his arm gracefully. The bird was prideful in its movements and was a jet black color with white tipped wings and white speckling its chest as the stars speckle the night sky. The creature had soul piercing pale blue eyes that examined the two strangers. It was confused about the serpent. The bird was torn in its thoughts as to decide if the snake was food but alas his master put an end to his two minded nature in one sentence. " Madam Oceane and Sir Aedus this is my companion Alicanto," Fen looked towards his feathered friend smiling as he stroked the bird's feathers. " Sir Aedus is a spirit guide or in my original tongue an Sancti Spiritus, a holy spirit my feathered friend." The bird bowed its head towards the serpent as Fen taught it the ways of honor and he let his pack's old beliefs lead his new life in this land no matter how much others disagreed. The bird and Fen were unafraid of Aedus they have had their fair share of conflict but alas he didn't think such an intelligent creature would resort to such disgraceful acts.

" I apologize to you Sir Aedus and Lady Oceane I deserved that aggression an honorable being deserves better than being questioned." Fen was a bit of a religious man but that was only due to the hardships that forced him to fall back on his faith. But he never believed the stories of the divine he only believed their teachings. At the comment of the serpent Alicanto seemed to be growing frustrated hearing his master compliment another companion. The creature was a bit vain and quick tempered when it came to dealings with his master. The bird hated the thought his master might find another more useful. Alicanto loved the free food, the shelter, and the companionship. Fen simply smiled seeing the large bird's discomfort as he scratched the back of its head. " Alicanto has been with me for awhile and we've made a bit of an agreement he is my alarm and informant and I provide him with food and housing...but we became friends." The bird seemed pleased by his master's words and warbled in joy with a comment on how he never thought a holy spirit would be so small. Fen understood the comment and he hated that he agreed with the bird.
Fenrir Lupercus

John William Frost
Luperci

Dead Topics