I'm not freaking out

For Skoll

POSTED: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:42 am

A single thread in a tapestry, though it's color brightly shines
Can never see it's purpose in the pattern of the grand design.

It had been some time since Crucifix came back across the golden man who found her while she was moving outside of Inferni. He had frightened her, but at the same time, helped to open her mind to something new in her faith, even if he did try to pinpoint all the blame being on those of her home rather than seeing this new development as she had. Still, she couldn't blame him for being as such either. Unaware that he had been from the court, had she known, his bitterness would make more sense. They were at war, and it took a long time to recover from such a thing, even for them.

The brown girl had found herself stepping outside of the safety of her home more often than she used to. Confidence was growing inside her with each journey, and the want to learn more was also there. Although it would still take a lot of time before she would feel comfortable around wolves, especially on a level where she would be able to speak to them face to face.

Crucifix stepped over the skulled border, making her way towards the south in the same direction she had come across the golden man before. Though she didn't like to admit it, she was a bit hopeful that he might turn up again. He was the perfect means of discovering more about her faith, and the lies her parents spread to the rest of her family. If anything, she was the best to talk to about such matters, seeing as her siblings would likely strike him down despite his devotion to the Lord. The girl's own fate was not that of a fighter, but as a learner and a messenger. She spread her Lord's faith and shared his mercy with those around her.

The girl's long hair blew in the gentle breeze, and the trees helped greatly to hide her body from the ending summer heat. The last thing she needed was to be the one brought home after suffering from a stroke, and likely by a stranger no less.

+300 words.

Crucifix de le Poer

Magister III (NPC)
Salena
Luperci CORANK Level III Rex Chaos Star
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

POSTED: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:27 pm

OOC: That art is the cutest! Skoll is in Optime this time. (Also Heaven’s Eyes lyric ahh I need to rewatch that movie.)

IC:

Sunlight touched the forest and tingled on the golden wolf’s fur. He walked quietly through the forest, pushing his thick blond hair out of his face and staring down at the latticed shadows on the sun-warmed earth. Around him, the woods were quiet but for the drone of insects; even the birds were too languid this afternoon to sing.

It would have been a beautiful day in the Kingdom, watching the light sparkle and move on the water, but restlessness always struck Skoll during the quiet times. After the caravaners left, his life had settled once more into a quiet contentment—and while this time he was not out chasing danger, he did wander far in his search for something to occupy himself.

Summer had a distinct scent all of its own—warm stone, rotten things, sharp ozone in the wake of unfurling storms—but above the smells of the forest Skoll could detect a trace of coyote, of Inferni. His ears folded back and claws unsheathed on one curling hand, but when he spotted the tiny shape padding along the path, long hair swishing behind her, he paused. He watched her a moment, then stepped behind a tree, hiding his grin.

“Do I need to do this again?”
Skoll joked.
I Saw Sinners Making Music and i dreamt of that sound
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
Luperci Brawler & Venatores heliophagy
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:19 pm

Crucifix hadn't even caught his scent as she was moving through the green of the trees. Her mind had been relaxed from everything that was going on, keeping mostly to herself and her own inner thoughts. There was so much more for her to do, and the more she could learn, the more she could aid those in her home and those that she came across. She knew ones religion was not to be taken lightly, especially if they did not see in the Lord, but she could only hope others would be tolerant enough to hear her beliefs and the sins that could come from the wrong doing in life.

When the brown girl finally caught the sound of the male's voice in her ears, they turned in his direction, soon followed by the rest of her body. When her eyes focused, she realized the voice was coming from behind one of the trees, finally understanding what he was talking about. She gave a small laugh before she lowered her head to the ground, "No.. you don't.. have to.. not as.. long as.. you don't.. mind me.. looking at.. the ground.. I am.. getting better.. but still.. can't look.. wolves in.. the eye.." She knew that would probably sound rude to him, but it was probably better than sitting behind a tree the entire time. It was at least a little progress in her regard.

Crucifix moved her hands together, the smile growing a little more along her muzzle, "I was.. actually hoping.. I would.. come across.. you.. I wanted.. to talk.. more on.. our faith.. I want.. to learn.. more about.. your teachings.. and compare.. them to.. my own.. It pains.. me to.. know my.. own parents.. had lied.. to us.."

Isn't it just? I am glad I came across that artist. (Also great movie and great song. I thought it was fitting for little Cru. I need to rewatch that movie too...) +300 words.

Crucifix de le Poer

Magister III (NPC)
Salena
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

POSTED: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:38 pm

A tiny laugh escaped the coyote's mouth, and strangely Skoll found his tail wagging and his crooked grin broadening at this, disbelieving. She explained that she couldn't really look him in the eye, and as he stepped from behind the tree, absolutely tall and broad-shouldered in Optime, he smiled. I've only got the one, thanks to you coyotes, he said, pointing to the empty socket in case she found the courage to look up. Might be good practice, only half as intense.

He considered sitting down -- she was so short -- but decided that standing was fine for now. He pushed a hand through his hair in a characteristic gesture then sighed thoughtfully. That's fine, puce. He rolled his shoulders back. Where should we begin then? We both believe in one almighty God. Do you believe also in the Son and Holy Ghost?

Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:45 am

Crucifix's ears turned up towards the sound of the laugh. This was a complete contrast to the man she had met before. Where he had treated her with hostility, now he was much more level headed with her and willing to work with her on her fears. He joked about it sure, but it was much better than baring his teeth and surprising her like he had the last time they met. Her head was lowered, but couldn't help but raise towards the tree he was hiding behind. This was going to be much better than before, she could feel it already.

When the golden one finally came out of his hiding place, the brown girl's head turned back down. Still, his tone had not changed. If anything, he had turned his misfortune from the loss of his eye into a bit of a learning experience for her. He was, in a way, offering her practice with her actions around other wolves. Did he wish to help her? Or perhaps this was just some means of playing with her? She couldn't say, but there was no harm in trying. The girl took a deep breath before turning her gaze up to him, focusing on the eye socket. It was something she had noticed before, but made no comment on it. Almost as if on instinct, her hand hesitantly reached up towards it before she quickly retreated, turning her head back down, "Sorry.. I didn't.. mean to.. do that.. I am.. sorry for.. what happened.. to you.. At least.. it didn't.. become infected.." It must have been very painful for him to endure. It was nice to see what Inferni had caused did not turn into something much worse.

Still, their topic of conversation switched over to the true reason Crucifix had come her, and was glad he would be willing to put up with her for this. When questioned on her beliefs, she nodded in turn to him, "Yes.. we were.. taught on.. them.. but I.. am not.. sure if.. my siblings.. believe in.. them as.. much as.. they do.. God himself.. But I.. believe.. my faith.. is strong.. Were you.. raised on.. the Bible..?" She could assume he had, but there were those who did not have access to such things.

+300 words.

Crucifix de le Poer

Magister III (NPC)
Salena
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

POSTED: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:38 pm

200+

It was true that he joked and smiled at the coyote, and truly Skoll had no problem with her; she was too timid to threaten him, and faith was shared between them. He'd claim that, if he had his druthers, Inferni would have been scattered during the war -- but his speciesism was casual, so long as one was not aligned with an enemy. Inferni and Liir and the amber-eyed coyote were enemies, but Crucifix and whatever coymutts found their way into Cour des Miracles were not.

The tiny coyote looked up at him with a steadying breath, and oddly her small hand stretched up toward him before she retracted it and bowed her head. Had she the courage to linger on his scarred face, she might have seen it turning puzzled, grim. He attempted to shake it off with a snort and roll of his tattooed shoulder. Yeah, guess I'd be dead instead of half-blind if that were the case. Still sucks, though.

Skoll shifted his weight to his other leg and considered her question. Yes and no. I didn't read much of it until I was older, but my mother taught me the importance of faith. Copy I had was a human's, I think, and it has some passages that make no sense. Hares and boar and mice were unclean food, but Skoll hadn't seen any wolf struck dead from devouring these forbidden meats. Luperci didn't write the Word, he added. Because of this Pascal seemed to see its outlandish miracles and prophecies as fiction, though Skoll saw it as a collection, a truth that transcended humanity or canine kind. There were tenets any soul could believe in -- and Skoll needed to believe in it.

Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:41 am

Crucifix's ears turned down to the golden man's words. While he wasn't wrong, it wasn't for the angle she was going for. Was it wrong for her to show this sort of sympathy to a wolf? One that had once been an enemy to the clan? The war had been over for a while now at this point. Perhaps it was just leftover bitterness from everything Inferni had caused him. She would be the first to admit that everyone was at fault for what had happened. No one was free of sins from the war. Perhaps it was due to her standing as a healer that she would feel this way. Still, the Magister gave a gentle shake of her head, braving her gaze back up to him, "No that's.. not what.. I meant.. I mean.. I'm sorry.. Inferni caused.. this to.. happen to.. you.. I am.. releaved that.. it didn't.. bring you.. death.." Where her siblings would wish to follow their parents' teachings in freeing wolves from their sins, Crucifix knew differently. She wouldn't wish death on anyone, wolf or otherwise.

The brown girl managed to be getting better at keeping her eyes on him for longer. She wondered how long she would be able to do it before she felt the need to lower her head again. Perhaps the one eye did make it easier for her, but just slightly. Still, the girl listened to his words as he explained he didn't read much until he was older. Crucifix herself had read the passages in the holy text, and of course took them all to heart. She followed its word, even if perhaps Skoll's words held some truth to them. That was a difference between them.

The Magister's attention focused more to his next set of words. Luperci did not write the word of God? Was this perhaps another lie constructed by their parents? Or was it perhaps she and her siblings had been too blinded to consider this fact. Her green gaze light up with a new found curiosity, "Is this.. true..? If luperci.. did not.. write these.. holy words.. then are.. they true..?"

I wasn't sure if she would know that the bible was not written by luperci, so I am just playing it as if she didn't. Probably makes more sense. +300 words.

Crucifix de le Poer

Magister III (NPC)
Salena
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

POSTED: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:29 am

Skoll frowned, not certain what to make of her apology on her clan’s behalf. Or not an apology, exactly—sympathy. I’m sorry that happened to you.

“No use dwelling on it. If you don’t want bad things to happen, then you need to look at the people around you. One of yours hurt one of mine, and that’s where it all started.” He squinted off at the trees, cynical, and wondered if Liir had ever received his comeuppance or if he was in Inferni still, comfortably protected by the skull-decorated borders. “But for what it’s worth, I’m glad you weren’t hurt during the whole mess,” he said at last, shrugging.

Her pine-green eyes stared up into his lighter emerald one, and Skoll twitched his ears before smiling at her, unironically for once. “I still think they’re true,” he said. “Some of the laws were for humans, and some of the stories are just parables for teaching—but if someone else wrote it, and it’s still right, it can’t really be untrue, right?

“Do not be overcome by evil,” Skoll recited, “but overcome evil with good.” He tried to wink at her. “You believe that, right? Isn’t that truth?” he questioned. “The Word gives us hope and purpose. Even if it’s not true, I think it’s a good thing—and I believe.”
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:09 pm

Crucifix's green gaze rested on the golden man, bringing forth new light to the war both of them had endured. He claimed it had all started when one of her own harmed one of his. In a way, she could believe this to be true more than she dared to admit. Had it been one of her siblings, they might have tried to put someone down because of the duty that was assigned to them from their faith, but she believed in her siblings to be smart enough not to attack a member of another pack. She wondered who it might have been, but she strived not to be like the rest of them. A look of surprise even ran over her face as he offered his own 'sympathy'. There was no meaning behind it, but the words were comforting enough. She was glad not to have been caught up in the mess from the war as well.

He could see the worry that grew inside of her, the doubt that began to fill the reaches of her mind. Doubt was the hardest thing for her to overcome, and it always seemed to find a place among her thoughts. She wished to be rid of it, but yet it lingered still. He spoke once more, stating that he still believed them to be true. His explanation made sense. Some of it might have been written solely for the humans, but there was still plenty of lessons to be taken from the holy texts. As if he'd stop there of course. With a wink he quoted the words, prompting her answer to her beliefs, "Yes.. I do.. believe that.." He found them true, and he believed in it, so she should do just the same. Since he had been so kind to offer her a smile, she did the same as well, letting it grow along her muzzle as her gaze turned up to him once more, letting it stay there.

There was still one difference between the two of them though. What did their beliefs drive them to do? The coyotes saw it as a means to harm others. Did he see this as well? Her eyes drifted back down to her hands as she moved them about in front of her, "You believe.. in the.. Lord so.. strongly.. just as.. we do.. Does he.. ever command.. you to.. bring harm.. to others..?"

+400 words.

Crucifix de le Poer

Magister III (NPC)
Salena
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

POSTED: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:43 pm

She said she believed, and Skoll smiled at her. “That’s what faith is, isn’t it?” he pointed out. Perhaps the stories weren’t true, and the writing was meaningless; these doubts were realistic, but it was faith that carried him from day to day. He had his relationship with God, strained though it was, to thank for the man he’d became. Otherwise, he felt like he would be lost.

The small coyote looked down at her fidgeting hands and stammered out another question, and this one broke the smile from his scarred muzzle. His brow creased and his tongue rolled in his mouth, skirting the edge of yellowed teeth.

“No,” Skoll said at last. “He does not. When I act to bring harm to others, it’s—it’s my decision, and for the sake of protecting my family.”

He would not deny that his hands were stained with the blood of innocents, but it was not God that cried for that blood. It had been the sin of wrath, a cruel desire for vengeance. Even against the coyotes, where he felt righteous in his aggression, it was the need to end Liir as much as to protect his loved ones.

“Hatred,” he continued in a half-murmur, “is the Devil’s work.”
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

Dead Topics