Soaring like a bird

Avinalora

POSTED: Thu May 11, 2017 2:47 pm

In dampwoods, fore-dated to the 15th hope this is okay! Also, Yennefer has a slight accent. → (000+ words)

Dark paws found their way through the forest, softly walking through it, avoiding the twigs scattered across the place. She didn’t want to make as much as a sound, this was still a new place for them. Who knew what would lay here, waiting for them. Yennefer quickly looked around, making sure that no unknown threat followed them, you never knew. The wolf was hunting, she didn't want to get hunted herself. With a quick glance she looked back in front of her, hoping she hadn’t missed anything.

She was out hunting, she and her companions needed food. On her left arm, which was covered by a thick leather glove, she carried her bird, her peregrine falcon named Iris. Iris would help her. She only needed to find an open space where she could set the bird loose as this falcon did not hunt in a forest. She needed to soar high in the sky, she needed to see her prey. Sometimes, tough, Iris would fly in a forest. However, if the bird found some prey she would not hunt it herself. She would get the wolf, Yennefer would then kill it with her bow and arrow. Yet, that would not happen today. The dark grey wolf tried to talk to the bird, tried to bribe her with treats. It was all useless, Iris simply did not want to fly in a forest today, and Yennefer knew not to push her so far. The falcon would just stop hunting altogether, and Yennefer did not want to risk that today.

She had gone quite far this time, she had not been around these parts yet. She could smell other wolves, other canines here. However, they needed food and Iris wanted a field to hunt in, so Yennefer had to just go with it. The wolf would give the bird what she wanted as she continued her way through the woods. She and her friend, Kate, needed food. They had come here together, she would not leave her now. The wolfdog was safe in there little resting spot, a good amount of time away from here. But it was not only for this hunt that she wanted to go away, she needed some time alone.

She was starting to fall for Kate, her sweet hearted friend. Yennefer had to go away from her, to clear her head. The wolf could think for a bit, as soon as she had left her falcon go. But, she needed a field for that. Yennefer hoped she was close, and she thought she was. The trees were thinning out, getting father apart. And before she knew it she was at the edge. The sighted relieved as she let her bird go. Now she could rest.

Last edited by Yennefer de Valk on Mon May 15, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey! I'm from belgium and have dyslexia, so if you spot a mistake that really grinds your gear (vocabulary and grammar) shoot me a pm. I don't mind, really! I would love to learn from my mistakes!

POSTED: Sat May 13, 2017 4:21 am

Avinalora
"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"
Optime | Day? | March 16th? | Dampwoods

Sorry for the wait and the long post!
Word Count:

A trio of creatures walked through the Dampwoods. A tiny female rode a dappled grey mare and had a large barn owl perched on a bracer on her arm. She was tiny, easily on the tiny scale for Luperci and on the small side of the scale for jackals. She didn't look like she weighed much at all. She had long legs for her body and would have been quick, if only. She also had a long foxlike tail that lashed and flicked like it had a mind of its own. She also had long ears sitting atop a narrow head with a non-tapering muzzle.

Her fur was a bright shade of silver, like moonlight. It was an unusual hue for a jackal, but she wasn't as pure she seemed. A grey saddle ran down her back, a more jackal-like trait. Scattered through the saddle were black hairs. Ebony hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail. She had one green eye and many scars.

She was clothed even though it was spring because of her desert-adapted fur. She wore a grey and white raglan under a leather jacket. The leather jacket was intricate; it had a cloth layer on the inside that also made a hood, lengthened her sleeves, trimmed the bottom of the jacket, and made a second line of zipper. She also wore a pair of jeans that were modified for Luperci use. She also wore two necklaces. One was a wooden pendant carved in the shape of a crescent moon. There was also a copper amulet that was also crescent moon-shaped, but had an arrow.

She had been through a lot. Scars marred her body, but there was one that stood out. Four jagged pink lines went over and empty eye socket. The injury still looked a bit fresh and was quite pink. She also had other scars marking her body, but they seemed to be covered up by the clothing she wore. She also had a cane attached to the mare's saddlebag.

Avinalora was better now physically after the illness. Her fever broke and her appetite was back again. But, she was still skinnier than usual. And her heart soon became ice. She had resolved not to feel again, lest she'd get hurt again. Use a layer of sarcasm and slight indifference to keep herself safe. The vixen had been through hell; the fall of Midnight Shores, the attacks, and now the sickness. She had had enough heartbreak and conflict to last a lifetime.

Adrian knew that her sister wouldn't be persuaded to stay in the safety of Anathema for too long. There were herbs to restock and the fox maiden had just been promoted to Empusa, the top of the healing tier. And to the jackal, a new title meant more responsibility. She knew that she had done a lot for Anathema already, but it never seemed like enough. People still needed healing.

But, the Dasa did manage to get the winter wraith to bring along an extra set of eyes in the form of Tyler, the barn owl. The belle didn't mind the presence of the owl. Since Eclipse was helping, as well Luna and Spencer, and Onyx was keeping an eye on Garrett, there wasn't anyone else to keep an eye on the crippled medic.

And then the ghostly jackal realized that she wasn't alone in these woods as the mare approached a clearing. A female wolf with a falcon was what the Empusa detected. She knew what a falcon smelled like, having been in the presence of Branwen, her sister's bird. She listened carefully and tried to pinpoint where this new presence was.

The stranger was close, and the moon-washed maiden rather announce her presence rather than getting shot at. If things went awry, at least she had Ellwyn with her and the owl. She felt protected enough to make contact with someone, but the girl sniffed the air again, making sure that this stranger was healthy. She wasn't as open to outsiders anymore after the sickness.

"So, what's someone like yourself doing out here?" The monochrome fox called out. She spoke in a neutral tone, not wanting to provoke the loner. She looked around with her left eye (She wouldn't call it her good eye). After a bit of looking, her eyes settled upon a dark figure.

Image | Background | Table by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon May 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Don't worry about it, also I had a busy weekend ^^' → (421+ words)

As she sat in the grass the dark wolf watching her bird soar trough the sky. Her eyes followed the falcon as it flew around, scanning the field for prey. It seemed like the prey was already long gone as Iris had not even made a dive yet. Maybe they had seen them coming, or it could also just be bad luck. Yennefer just hoped that her bird would catch something, she wanted to at least eat something this night.

Suddenly the wolf pushed herself up from her sitting position, she heard something. Quickly she turned around, looking slightly surprised. A small fox like canine came out of the woods atop of a horse. Looking closer Yennefer also discovered an owl resting on the white canines arm. She looked at this newcomer with interest as she had not met another one before in this place. Another thing that grabbed her attention was the small size and coloration of the newcomer, the dark wolf had never seen anything like her before. If Yennefer had to guess she would say that this strangers was a kind of fox but that didn’t seem quite right. The wolf had seen many foxes in her life but none of them could shift, she would certainly have heard about it if foxes could do so. Also, she didn’t smell like a fox, at least not that much. There was a hint of fox around the white creature but Yennefer could smell that there were more stranger’s scents around this canine. And lastly, her colour. She had never seen anything in these colours before.

However, there was one thing that Yennefer immediately noticed about this female, her eyes, or, lack of. Where her left eye should belong was an empty space, an eye socket. The wolf couldn’t help herself but stare at this stranger, she had just never seen anything like her before.

“Hunting.” Yennefer replied as she got pulled out of her toughs by those words. “I’m hunting here with my bird.” She said, looking behind her at the dark spot in the sky. Iris was still searching, still looking in the sky.

“And you?” she now asked back. “If you don’t mind me asking, what are you doing?” she added in a calm voice as she kept looking at this female and the array of animals around her. She also looked again at the owl, a barn owl if she wasn’t wrong. Yennefer had always liked birds, she wondered what this canine used this bird for.

Hey! I'm from belgium and have dyslexia, so if you spot a mistake that really grinds your gear (vocabulary and grammar) shoot me a pm. I don't mind, really! I would love to learn from my mistakes!

POSTED: Tue May 30, 2017 2:37 pm

Avinalora
"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"
Optime | Day? | March 16th? | Dampwoods

Sorry for the slow!
Word Count:

Avinalora coaxed Ellwyn a bit further and then slid off, hissing softly as her leg was jolted. She needed a ladder or something. Ellwyn wasn't a big horse, she was actually quite small. But, it still hurt when she leaped off of the mare. She looked at the dark-hued woman, her foxlike tail wagging slowly in a friendly manner. The vixen didn't take a step forward, though. She didn't want to act threatening, even though she was probably the least-threatening thing here.

The loner said that she was hunting with her bird. Tyler cooed, turning his head all the way around to see the falcon. He was familliar with them because of Adrian's bird, Branwen. He didn't act threatening, but seemed a bit cautious. That intrigued the fox maiden slightly. She hadn't known much about the barn owl before she found him. The winter wraith didn't know if he'd gotten into fights which made him cautious around other birds, or was just shy. She didn't prod him about it either.

The dark wolf asked the ghostly jackal what she was doing. She didn't know how to answer that. She was looking for herbs, though every expedition outside the pack was "I'll just go to find herbs and end up doing something else along with finding herbs". She never really knew what was going to happen outside the borders. And most of the time, she would be exploring rather than gathering. "Most looking for herbs, well that's what I think I'm going to do when I leave the borders." The fox-tailed female replied, her air causal.

The moon-washed maiden decided to keep the conversation going. Loners were often better to interact with that pack members. They didn't have much chance of having a prejudice against Anathema which was something that many had. "I'm Avinalora, medic of Anathema." The monochrome fox said.

Image | Background | Table by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:00 pm

OOC here → (365+ words)

Yennefer kept her gaze on the strangers a little longer. She was wondering what this canine was, seeing as the wolf had never met anything like her before. But Yennefer kept quiet about it, for some reason she did not think it was that polite to ask someone about it. Who knows, maybe this white female would not like it if the dark wolf asked what kind of creature she was.

“Herbs?” Yennefer said in reply, looking around as if she could suddenly know what kind of plants would classify as a herb. That was something she really didn’t know anything about. For her it was just birds and hunting, those were the things this wolf liked. Of course the falcon in the sky could hint to this, why else would the grey girl have that feathered creature with her. They barley spoke the common tongue, lived in an entire different world, considering a wolf was not just going to start flying in the sky. However, that was the thing that pulled Yennefer in, the reason why she liked bird so much. The wolf had always wondered how it was to fly, to bad she would never know.

With the words of the snow like canine she looked back at her. That last word she did not know. “Anathema?” she asked her. “What is that?” she continued. Yennefer was still new to this place. The most logical thing in her head was that this woman was a member of some pack, she did smell like some other scents the wolf had picked up. Also, if this person was a medic of that thing it would make more sense if she was member of some unknown pack.

“Oh, Also, I’m Yennefer.” The dark grey wolf said, in a calm tone. It would only seem polite to tell her own name, as the other had said hers. She also looked over her shoulder, pointing at the spot in the sky that was slowly making her way back. “That falcon over there is named Iris.” She also told the other female. Yennefer quickly looked back after that, iris seemed to be busy for a little longer.

Dead Topics