Another night alone in the city

Arlen!

POSTED: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Iorek
Notes: Word Count:
Secui | Outside of Halifax | Day | June
OOC

A large shape scurried along the edges of the town of Halifax. He was massive, almost bear-like with his rounded ears, bobbed tail, and broad build. He was large for a wolf, almost a giant by most standards. He had big paws with webbed toes and his legs were a bit longer than normal for a wolf. He had thick fur that only exaggerated his size. His snout was a bit broader than normal wolves.

His fur was a mess of brown. His base coat of tan dulled in certain areas. And his saddle was a splattered canvas of different shades of brown scattered and splotched. His paws were also haphazardly painted with dark hues. His face was dipped in dark brown, though it didn't connect with his cape. An off-white shade also graced his pelt, splattering his chest, stroking his shoulder, and tipping his tail. He had blood-red eyes.

Iorek was afraid. He found a place made of stone with many people. He'd never seen so many buildings in one area. And they were so big. He scurried at the border of this strange place. The beast didn't like this strange place, but he was curious, though not enough to enter. His stubby tail tried to tuck itself between his legs but it was too short to do so. His ears were pined against his head as he gazed into this new realm.

You've never seen a city before? The masculine voice of Jackson asked as he was lazily draped over a tree limb. The bob-tailed boy didn't know what a city was. The cats said that they'd come from one, though both didn't care to elaborate on what a city was. He turned to look at the feline.

W-What's a c-city? The brown-hued behemoth asked. His head tilted as he asked the question. He hoped the cats would enlighten him on this new word. He had been raised in a feral lifestyle and the hybrid beast didn't have a clue about weapons, clothes, or anything remotely civilized.

A city was one occupied by humans. And they are big and have houses and buildings. The feminine voice that belonged to Addison said. She was also in a tree, looking down at him. The yearling's head tilted again. He didn't know what a "human" was, nor a "house", or a "building".

I-I don't u-understand. The red-eyed loner said and both cats sighed.

Never mind. The silver she-cat said. The brown-painted giant sighed and plopped down on the ground.

Silverfrost
Luperci Healer, Scavenger The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence
What I wanna save I will try

POSTED: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:59 am

[348]

Another day, another adventure. To the same exact place as yesterday, of course. The towns up by Casa's northern border weren't exactly hubs of civilization, they got boring and mundane faster than the sun set. The one to the south, however, it was special. Halifax was huge in comparison to Wolfville or Berwick, both. Arlen had spent many days in the city and still managed to get lost.

Lacing fingers behind his head, he essentially sauntered towards the town, confident in his ability to get there in one piece even if he paid no attention to the world around him. He closed his green eyes, let the sun soak on his freckled face. His red chest was bare though his legs were clothed in fitted gray pants. Usually, he would have worn the shirt that he'd commissioned with it, but today a certain bovine had drooled half chewed grass on his shoulder. It was a good thing they were so darned cute.

Voices hit his ear and Arlen lazily opened one eye to check out who was near by. Let's see, there's a couple of cats in that tree talking to that bear- Bear? There was a bear near Halifax? Arlen's adrenaline rush finally made the boy's spine straighten and his eyes open, but whose didn't at the sight of a bear?

The red cavalier stopped in his tracks, staring and listening. The wind shifted in his direction; his nose filled with Iorek's scent. That's no bear... Intrigued, Arlen stepped forward with ears cocked forward curiously and his tail wagging hesitantly behind him.

"Hello?" He didn't want to startle the fellow, after all, but after hearing the cat's poor attempt at a conversation, he couldn't help but butt in. "I can help explain, if you'd like." He smiled genuinely at the big bear-looking thing. "Humans are these funny looking creatures that built all of this stuff. They had hands," he held up his own. "They're all dead now though..."

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Kris
Luperci Joker
A Royal Pain

POSTED: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Iorek
Notes:Word Count:
Secui | Outside of Halifax | Day | June
This seems like and oddly appropriate table

Jackson gave no indication of someone coming closer, nor did Addison which made Iorek very surprised when he heard a stranger speak. He jumped and his ears were pinned to his head as his crimson eyes found their way to the form of a young man. The man's markings and fur color were intriguing, as well as the thing worn on his leg and waist. The wolfdog didn't ask what they were despite having met a pair that wore the weird things on their body.

The red stranger explained that humans were things that built the "city" and had hands like them. Though, they died. That aspect confused the brown behemoth as his head tilted into a questioning look. Died? He didn't understand how something, a group of things could simply die. The hybrid beast looked at the man in confusion. But, he still cowered slightly.

D-die? How d-die? The yearling asked. His stutter was still strong and his nervousness made his sentences shorter and almost childlike. The silver she-cat curled on a tree limb and the tabby tom just yawned. The guy could take it from here.

NPS Photo / Nathan Kostegian

Silverfrost
Luperci Healer, Scavenger The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence
What I wanna save I will try

POSTED: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:23 am

OOC - SOrry this is so short
[234]

Arlen shrugged at the stranger's question. Nervous at being asked about something he knew very little about, he scratched his head. "Ya know, I'm not really sure. I think my sister would know, though." He smiled reassuringly at the bear-like canine. "She likes to read a lot of old human books. I just like their stuff."

In fact, that was exactly what he was here for though he wasn't opposed to accompaniment if it was offered. "If you'd like, I can show you the parts of the city that I know." Of course, the other was free to refuse. Either way, Arlen was going into the human civilization one way or the other. "It's actually a lot of fun. There's a lot of stuff in there you can't find out in the wild, but I don't always know what it is that I find." After all, it wasn't like he could find a human to explain anything.

He had forgotten his manners! "My name is Arlen Stryder, by the way. Who are you?" After recieving an answer, the questions would be endless. "Where're you from? Ya here for any reason? Belong to a pack or anything? I know of a few around here, but if you're from the north then I probably don't know it." He wasn't allowed to travel so far and it was rare for them to come so far south.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Kris
Luperci Joker
A Royal Pain

Dead Topics