Sending postcards from space camp

May!

POSTED: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:32 am

Word Count → 403
Optime (All-fours) | Day | June | Dampwoods
OOC

A massive beast walked through the Dampwoods. He was in a two-legged form, but he walked in a feral manner with his hands and feet; as if he was in a four-footed form. His legs were bent more than usual to help his arms walk, though it still didn't look natural. He looked awkward walking in such a manner and he was slow, slower than usual. He was a large male, regardless with broad features and bulk that was only exaggerated by his long fur. His hair was still in a thick, rough mane and he had no clothing or anything on him, figures. He seemed like a bar with his small ears that were rounded and his short bobtail. He had a broad muzzle due to his dog heritage and slight feathering on his arms and legs.

His fur was a canvas of tan that dulled in some places, His saddle was a haphazard mess of darker brown hues with no pattern or anything to it. It was a mangled mess that stopped after his ears. His face was dark brown. He also had a mess of brown that was on his limbs. They went up to his elbows and hock. Off-white markings streaked his shoulder, tipped his tail, and splotched his chest. He had crimson red eyes.

Iorek was trying to hunt, though he wasn't particularly good at it. Mother tried to teach him, though it was harder for her to teach a son that was made for strength and stamina rather than speed. He remembered seeing the wolfess with her kill and decided that maybe the two-legged form was a hunting form. The wolfdog didn't like it, though because when he stood on two legs, he felt too tall.

The brown behemoth sniffed around, trying to smell prey. He wasn't a good hunter and often relied on foraging, scavenging, and sometimes fishing to get his food. He'd managed to find a carcass yesterday, so he wasn't really starving. He was used to an empty stomach by now. The hybrid beast still preferred to eat, though he wasn't desperate.

The yearling was afraid that if he didn't catch any food, the cats would leave him. The pair of felines already decided that they would hunt on their own. Would if they left the youngster forever?

The bear-dog was so caught up in his thoughts that he wasn't paying attention to what was in front of him. A small oof came from the crimson-eyed boy as he collided with a tree. And he then sat back. Sorry! He said.

Silverfrost
Luperci Healer, Scavenger The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence
What I wanna save I will try

POSTED: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:58 am

The small and thin female spent the vast majority of her time within the confines of the library, her nose constantly stuffed between the pages of a book, and more often than not she would not go to hunt until Aiwyn or her mother pestered her long enough to do so. It was always, one more page, one more chapter. But today was one of those occasions when the malnourished coyote would go out to hunt, and she groaned as she left the caverns in her lupus form, hoping that her swiftness would aid her in the capture of a rabbit or two so that she could have her parents and the owl off of her back. Well, figuratively speaking, seeing as the owl was always sitting on her back quite literally.

Padding out into neutral territory, the female continued forwards until she spotted something that, at first glance, she thought was a bear. Letting out a startled yelp, the female adopted a more puzzled look as she watched the bear... dog walk right into a tree and then proceed to apologize to it. Her ears perked, the female was about to introduce herself before her rude barn owl took his own liberty, flitting down to the forest floor as he looked up at the beastly looking loner and tilted his head completely sideways to give the creature an avian glare. "Hello Imbecile, my ward and I are trying to hunt so if you would be on your way." The bird chirped out in his fluent high speech, backing up a pace as the startled female leapt forward to shush her obscenely rude companion. "Aiwyn stop that! I'm sorry m-my bird just doesn't have any manner p-please don't mind us, I'm sorry!"
May

Corie
Luperci
Hide Your Face

POSTED: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:23 am

Iorek
Notes:Word Count:
Optime (All-fours) | Day | June | Dampwoods
OOC

Iorek sat back and rubbed his head and latter his nose with his hand. Well, at least he had a hard head from running into all of those trees. He was always so clumsy and he was lucky that his thick fur protected him from getting scraped and cut up by his many trips and stumbled. The yearling wasn't much of a hunter and his clumsiness mixed with his inexperience was one of the causes.

The brown behemoth turned as he heard a voice. But, it was a male voice and all he could see was as young girl with weird long ears. She was quite skinny. Though, there was an owl perched on her back. His head tilted in confusion. Did birds speak? The wolfdog never heard a bird speak to him! He padded a bit closer on all-fours in an awkward fashion, cowering a bit as he neared them.

The girl apologized for the owl. The hybrid beast did hear the owl call him an imbecile, though he had no idea what that meant. I-it...it o-okay. He said, his posture lowering. He wasn't much good at speaking to others. He reassured the girl before asking a question. B-bird speak? The bear-dog pointed at the owl. He sat down in a feral manner, like a dog sort of. A-and what....w-what i-imbecile? He asked before correcting himself, W-what i-is...is i-imbecile?

NPS Photo / Nathan Kostegian

Silverfrost
Luperci Healer, Scavenger The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence
What I wanna save I will try

POSTED: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:30 pm

May watched with a bit of caution as the bear-like wolf-dog padded closer to them. He was in his Optime form it seemed, though he was on his hands walking as if he was in Lupus or Secui. Keeping a pale purple eye on him, the skinny female sat back on her haunches as she was approached, fighting the urge to back away. Though when the bear looking dog opened his maw to speak, a somewhat puzzled expression crossed the female's face as she listened to him stammer and search for the proper words to use. The male told the female that it was okay, and he sunk lower to the ground as he faced her, adopting a more submissive posture even as the girls own ears flicked backwards and her head lowered.

The strange bear told May that it was okay, but before May could think of what else to say, the odd bear-dog asked May if the bird could speak, and May glanced down at the proud owl who sat preening his feathers now on the ground. "Ah... Y-yes, he speaks." The willowy coyote hybrid confirmed as she gazed at Aiwyn, beginning to wonder why the bird was so rude all the time, or why he even stuck around with her. Maybe it was because the bird liked to read about as much as she did, and he couldn't turn the pages on his own with no hands. But then again, maybe he could, Aiwyn was a smart bird. "M-my mom taught him h-how to speak, b-but I taught him how to read." The female spoke almost proudly, thought the air about her was nervous still.

When the strange male asked May what an imbecile was however, she grew more nervous about telling the bear what it was exactly that her owl had called him. As if feeling her apprehension, the tawny barn owl flitted up into a nearby tree and left the stammering coy-dog there alone to try and find the least offensive explanation. "A-ah... I-I-It's not a-a very nice thing t-to call someone. A-Aiwyn can be rude I-I'm sorry. B-but that means like... a-a-a person who isn't... smart...?" The female practically squeaked with nervousness on the last word, her tail tucking between her legs as she continued on to say, "N-n-not that you a-aren't smart! A-Aiwyn i-is just mean, d-don't mind him!"
May

Corie
Luperci
Hide Your Face

Dead Topics