Shadow of Hyde

River

POSTED: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:30 am

He was humming quietly to himself, a scarred eye watching the bubbles trickle out of the waterskin he was filling in the lake's surface. Birds chirped in the forest around him, paying no heed to the song he played for his own tune. Looking on the water, he gave a little smirk. Such a simple thing, a reflection. To think, earlier in his life, to be scared to see what was staring back at him. 'To be fair, you were afraid of what was smiling when you weren't.' came the correction of the phantom that still resided within him from then, now more of a personal spectator. Oh yeah, that's right. I still haven't gotten you back for all of those times. the scholar thought, huffing at the memory of Pita tormenting him.

'Hey, it all worked out didn't it? You figured it out, after a lot of pushing and prodding.' Yeah, thanks for making the process excruciating and painful instead of just, you know, saying what you wanted. 'Awh, com'on. I was just born, or whatever ya would consider it.' Letting out a snort, Lukos got up and waded out of the water, kneeling at the lake bed on his haunches. His blade at his hip, Lukos rested the palm of his paw against the bottle, knocking back the water for a drink. Aren't we just the pair of broken pieces, eh? 'How the whole is made, ain't it?' Lukos stared out across the calm ripples, back in the direction of their camp. He smiled, resting a hand over his chest. Yeah, I guess you're right.
Last edited by Lukos Greyfire on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avi by the amazing Corie!
Current Mood Song: Besame Mucho - Andrea Bocelli
The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci Mate to Nyx

POSTED: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:11 am

As usual, she was lurking. Somehow she could never rip herself away from those she had considered family. Even as the demon Lux was drawn further and further into the grasps of darkness, she found herself drawn to the light. After what happened with Abaddon, the mysterious child she held an intense curiosity for, she could not avoid the nauseating feeling in her gut when the behemoth took down his prey. They were lives, just like she was, like Lux was. River still couldn't grasp why it bothered her though.

River, the summoner of demons, the Queen of hearts, spirit caller, abyss walker. She'd slayed many a sacrifice to satiate the hunger of those she she summoned and called family. The demons never rejected her and always lent her power so long as she offered them a valid trade. They did not judge her. She'd seen blood and death, but there was something about killing one of her own that shifted something in her. Now, she found herself lurking around The Order's camp. She awaited opportunities to lure the young Abaddon away from camp to question and test him.

Today, she didn't get far towards the camp before she stumbled upon on of The Order's members. She watched him from afar as he smiled awkwardly down at the water. Such blind happiness and appreciation, it made her maw twist in an unsightly manner. Kalfou's rumble of laughter jerked her attention towards him. Foolish. They are oblivious and lacking of true knowledge. It tickles me. A huff of laughter came from her lips and a smile in agreement.

River then sauntered out from her hiding place with a mischievous expression. Her hips swayed and her tail was high behind her. Lukos was no longer the Atheed of Anathema. Now, he was just a foolish old man. River allowed herself to laugh so he could hear. Don't you know the cold isn't good for your old bones? Her lip then lifted to reveal her shiny daggers as she grinned at him. Always with that stupid smile, all of you. She commented, the malice loud in her tone. She truly did hate the way they could all smile, all the time, like they hadn't been through a war. It was like nothing ever happened, like nothing was happening now.
Loners
Hybrid
Sami
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:15 am

The grizzled male relaxed as he crouched by the water, hearing a noise from behind him as his thirst was quenched. Raising a brow as he turned to look at the young female walking out, he could tell by how she carried herself that she was a proud little thing, sure that she knew of the world and all it's little eccentricities. A torn ear flicked at her approach, the wolf half-smiling to himself at the brashness of this yearling. Trading one megalomaniac for a pompous youth teetering on the path that destroyed the last. They always did have a habit of churning out troublesome ones.

Her glee shrilled out, a snide remark coming from her lips. This one was young indeed if she thought her wits could go toe to toe with someone who could've sired her mother. Barking his own lighthearted laughter back at the hybrid, Lukos turned his stance to face River, a knee resting against the ground as he remained in a sort of seated position. "These old bones still have some warmth in them for a while." he smirked, openly gesturing to his side. "Here to admire the view?" he asked, knowing from her tone and expression having a well meaning chat was probably the last thing this one wanted.

The grey male couldn't help but tssk at her nipping words, intending to cut into him and make herself seem further above than he was. He felt more bite during his pup's teething phases. "You haven't been stalking me long if you think all I do is smile." he informed the youngster, his own grin gaining an impish infection. Swiveling back to the lake, Lukos capped his waterskin, settling into a more comfortable seating arrangement, confident he'd get some mileage out of this one.

"You're one of Lust's brood, yeah? Feel we should start numbering all of you, unless Greed finds it easier to not think about it when he can't tell the lot apart." he mused, yellow orbs sliding over to the dark grey girl. It had been so long since he got a good banter going, and with the way this one came swinging from the start got his hopes up. He'd been itching to give out a good ribbing since the drought of making sure dumb kids didn't start treating Kentaro as a role model.

The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci Mate to Nyx

POSTED: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:48 pm

There was little to no response at first, in reaction to her comment. Instead, he laughed lightly and responded with grace. Her eyes flickered away from him, to the surrounding scenery. There was no view that she could truly appreciate, unless it was a bloody one. A light huff fell from her lips paired with the subtle shake of her head. What view? She responded, cocking an eyebrow at him. She hadn't hoped to run into one of the older members of The Order. They were always so full of self righteous wisdom and felt the need to impose it on her, thinking she'd chosen the wrong path. Lukos was most likely no different.

A relaxed sigh exited her maw as she padded closer with elegance and pride. She dipped a toe into the water, which was surprisingly warmer than she expected. The Summer sun did not disappoint. I never said it was all you do, you just all do it. It's annoying is all. She commented again, thinking Lukos' words to be a tad bit irrelevant. He wasn't wrong about her stalking though, and so she let that slide with ease.

His next words caused her maw to wrinkle in an ugly fashion. Then, she realized her parents were also irrelevant and that Greed was not really her father. It had always made her bitter thinking about how promiscuous her mother was in earlier years. Then, they decided to settle and have that batch of heathens. She despised them. Are all your remarks so pointed, and useless? Are you bitter because they've accomplished more than you and you're running out of time? The clock is ticking, maybe you should try and kick out a few more before you kick the bucket. Her grin widened at her own comments and the taste of venom in her mouth.

River walked past Lukos, to his other side before pivoting on one of her feet. She could feel Kalfou's wonderful vibrations travel down her arms and legs. He was pleased.
Loners
Hybrid
Sami
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:59 am

It was a little funny, how much the young ones with the world to prove would speak to make them seem almighty or to besmirch others, but they had little to talk about normal things, or what really mattered. He hoped this one would grow up to learn what to say about other matters as well, makes for a one-sided conversation. With a well-meaning smirk, Lukos lifted a single finger towards Eagle Tower, reaching up for the sky as it stood. "An actual home again, finally." he told her, directing his ears forward to see if he could hear a trace of his family happy and safe. Maybe one day this girl would see it too, even if that wasn't here.

His maw stretched into a yawn, exhaling as he indifferently watched the dark girl test the waters, trying not to roll his eyes at how much effort she was putting into her stride. Though she corrected him, the grizzled adult wore a pondering face, giving an acknowledging nod to the difference. It's a good day when everyone can rest easy and smile. Still, he couldn't let the little shrimp just get away with words filled with intent.

He seemed to have hit a nerve as well, content yellow eyes watching as the face of this kid scrunch up as she began to seethe at him. She began to spat little insults at him, which might as well been a spray from the waves on a beach, from all it did. Tilting his head with a pitying smile, he looked at her for a moment before letting out a roaring laugh, bringing a hand to his muzzle. After taking a moment to guffaw at her expense, he gave a light grin and brought a knee up to rest his arm.

"Quality over quantity, my dear. Not that I don't enjoy the process, of course." he stated with a glint in his eyes. "And no, usually my remarks are more meaningful, to reflect the person I'm talking with." he confessed in a glib tone, an old manic cackle echoing softly. Gods, it felt good to exercise the more articulate emotions of himself, now when there were less people to get along with or banter back and forth.

With an easy chuckle, Lukos glanced back to his company, suddenly feeling bad for the poor thing. "Word of advice, little lady. Throw in the towel while you can. The way he is now, anything you say will just fuel the flames. And trust me, he likes watching things burn." he informed the spitfire child, giving a wry smile and silently made bets with his other half on whether or not she'd listen.

The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci Mate to Nyx

POSTED: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:23 pm

It was rare to be able to exercise her tongue, her attitude. She didn't talk with many individuals now a days and it felt good to blow of some steam on this old geezer. Mismatched eyes shifted to where Lukos pointed. She saw the tip of a tower above the trees with clay shingles all the way up to the point where gold spear pierced the clouds. She said nothing. It ate away at her knowing everyone at that tower was happy, not lonely, prospering while she clung to the last bit of happiness she had. Even that was beginning to fade.

He responded, noting that quality was better but her grin only widened as her next retort formed in the back of her mouth. If you have anything left in you, but dust. River shrugged, turning to the older canine. Something had shifted in his gaze and his tone. She wasn't sure what or if it held any importance. I can't really see any good coming from my mother and Greed. I'm not defending them. I swear they just had pups to fill some kind of void. River turned to look at the river's surface. The sun glinted off of the ripples and caused the leaves in nearby trees to glow with dim light.

Again, the old canine's tone changed as he began to offer her advice. River cocked an eyebrow and turned to face him once more. Her eyes narrowed and nose scrunched in confusion. He began to speak in regards to himself? He? She questioned, putting together the pieces rather easily seeing as she too had a second essence about her. Oh, he, the part of you that thinks he's putting me down. Wonderful. You're mad. River exclaimed, letting her odd eyes wander over him curiously and with a hint of pity.

River shifted onto her hip, using an arm to prop herself up as she leaned closer to Lukos. Am I meant to be afraid? What is a member of The Order going to do to me? Insult me to death? Now her dark spirit's presence fell over her like a veil. He fueled her, fed the fire of hate and envy that burned in her heart. River's eyes narrowed in a malicious impish manner and her free hand ran through growing wavy locks. Kalfou manifested behind her, although this old man probably lacked the power to see him. Still, menacing red eyes pierced through his dark billowy body at the man River conversed with. A loud laugh escaped the youth's jaws as she parted them in a grin. Go on then, feed my darkness.
Loners
Hybrid
Sami
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:47 am

The only thing she didn't have a snarky comeback for seemed to be the tower, strangely enough. No little quip to sneer with, no grand display of bravado. Just an oddly still silence, almost reflective in nature as she stared off toward the golden peak. This little one was certainly an enigma, he'd give her that. She did have to go and ruin it though by delivering a counter, grinning like a pup, taking a leap that he was certainly grateful to be unfounded. "It's not smart to talk about things ya don't know about, ya know." he said matter o' factly, fixing the cuff of his shirt sleeve from where it was rolled up to his elbow. "Makes ya look dumb when you're proven wrong later on." he informed her with a smile, taking another sip of water as he fiddled with his ankh.

For some reason, the Grim girl returned to the topic of her mother and Greed, even though he didn't bring it up. Again, Lukos began to regard her with curious eyes, wondering how her mind ticked. "For not defending them you seem to mention them often. Any particular reason?" he asked, wondering what state her psyche was in exactly. Though they seemed to be done with that line of thought for now, as her expression scrunched up and she stared at him. And finally, with what could've been an audible click, she solved the great mystery of Lukos. It had been a while since the last time anyone did that, and back then he had to kidnap Lelouch to do it.

"I prefer the term, fractured. And he's not putting you down, he's toying with you. A marked difference, trust me." he said, looking down at the claws on his fingers, flexing them as he spoke. The little loner leaned in towards him, which Lukos met with an unflinching gaze and a cocked eyebrow. "Afraid? Not really, most he goes for these days is frustrated." he politely informed, watching with condescending eyes as she began to be theatrical again. Honestly, entirely too dramatic with talk of death, no room for fun.

She laughed at him, grinning wildly as she delivered a line he definitely didn't hear before, from some one or another. Letting out his own soft, rogue's cackle, the greying wolf propped his jaw up on his hand, eyeing Greed's daughter. "Oh, you poor little fledgling..." he said dreamily, as a parent might find something quaint and doting. "You've only tasted shadows of a greater darkness in this life." he said, laughing to himself again at such a young thing as her claiming to know darkness. True darkness had no obligation to stand out, to claim a spotlight. It was all an aspect he had encountered many times, and each time would have rathered it stay where he last saw it.

The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci Mate to Nyx

Seabreeze Brink