Pull Out your Heart to Make the Being Alone Easy

Bikibikibiki

POSTED: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:56 pm

[[Foredated!]]

The pair had made great time even despite the extra baggage that they had on them. Cresum made for a great pack horse and her foal, who still had yet to be named between the two men, kept pace with the goat well. No one was left behind, and nothing was left behind. Even the basketed hen still rode atop the mare easily. Yet, due to this good timing and light load between them, Shaamah projected an uneasy welcome between Casa and himself, and found it best to set up a temporary camp and get himself something to eat the day before they were to arrive at Casa's borders. All of this left Zetsu with a small camp, hooved beasts tied to trees and parked on a stone overlooking the outcropping of the lock to the north.

He donned the black pants that were well worn from his life outside of Sapient, a charcoal vest tattered at the edges and the seams barely hanging on. A heavy bandanna weighted against his chest and beneath it were his folded arms. A bitter stalk of grass stuck out from his mouth, tooling between his teeth and tongue while he brokenly hummed a soft tune. Bi-hued eyes were closed to the world as the birds and bugs encompassed the canopy in their cries. For now, he wasn't thinking, he wasn't striving for approval, nor was he defending himself or training. For a moment, he was at peace. It was a nice feeling, but he knew it wouldn't last forever, so now was the time to soak it in.

Charcoal tendrils slithered about his crown as his mind did wander. Casa de Cavalieri. He'd never been to the place, nor had he met the Hushhowl's that they were going to meet. Shaamah had given him enough information to get through the gates with him, but nothing more than that. It left a young mind to wander. Chances are, if they summoned him, they needed something. Zetsubou found it hard to believe that anyone would bring that sour old man over for anything less. The first time that Shaamah had come, he'd left Zetsubou behind in Amherst to tend the animals, but the man had come back covered from head to toe in dirt, and certainly looked like he'd been working. Could it be that some sort of trust was forming between then that he'd approve of bringing him out this far? Of course, they didn't have nearly as much as they did before. A lighter load made for easier travel. A deep breath ran through him as his head tilted back, taking in the warmth of the sun on his face. Who cares anyways, right? As long as he had food and the occasional bath, he'd survive, right?
Salsola
Indentured Servant
Dark
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:13 am

The fire I began, is burning me alive
But I'm no stranger to the heartache and the pain

OOC: +400 words.

It was, in a way, strange to think that he was settling in so well to his new home. It was almost as if Hibiki had never left. So far from the interactions he had within the court, they had been a positive one. As far as he had been able to tell, no one here judged him based on who he was, what he looked like, or even the past he had. If anything, the Queen herself had nothing but sympathy for him. After all, she had been the one to invite him into her home after he had snunk her into Sapient in the dead of night, inviting her into his home.

It was nice, having such a friendship. The only real friends he had back home were his siblings and Kadir... and both of them were gone.

Hopefully Kalypso wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Something that was a bit troubling in the dark male's mind was his lack of work when it came to assistance with the court. He had skills, but he hadn't had the proper chance to put them to use. In his exploration of his new home, it was clear that one skill was made impossible due to the lack of a proper forge, something he had taken for granted in both Casa and Sapient. If he was going to enhance his blacksmithing skills, the court was going to need one.

Now how he was going to construct one was a whole different story.

One idea that had come to mind was speaking with his mentor. Grynn was just one pack over, a closer distance than she had been when he was living up north. If she was skilled at the art, perhaps she would have the knowledge needed for this project. If not her own knowledge then maybe she or Luca wouldn't mind sharing some written text on the matter. If neither option gave him any results, then he would have to find another way.

Without proper riding experience, he had to walk. That wasn't to say it was a bad thing, as he walked for all the time he was in Sapient. Eyes narrowed slightly as something ahead of him stuck out. There was a small camp ahead, two horses and a goat, and... an all too familiar figure. Smile moved across the man's face as he approached, "Zetsubou? Is that you?"

Hibiki

Cour des Miracles
Comte
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:05 am

Curling his black lip beneath his teeth, his humming turned into a soft and airy whistle. It's highs and it's lows were both enjoyed by the barnyard animals that didn't seem to mind his daydream song at all. With legs crossed and one foot on the other knee, he batted his toes up and down to the short beat and mulled over the future and what it might bring. He did happen to land his thoughts on perhaps meeting someone special, but without his skills perfected, who would like him anyway? He had to be able to protect those he loved, not quite leaving them to the harsh realities of life like Shaamah had given him. No, he'd be a better dad. He'd be an awesome dad! The thought brought a grin to his face as he twisted the stalk in his teeth. Then a shiver came down his spine and shook him straight through. Oh man, he wasn't ready to be a dad! What was he thinking? He didn't even have a girl! He didn't even get to party, like so many of Sapient's kind enjoyed. Party first, settled down later. That's how it was, right?

Before he could shake the primordial fear of having pups of his own, a voice chimed in the background. He stiffened up a bit, but upon recognizing the voice, he jumped to his feet,” Brother?” He questioned as charcoal tipped ears swung wide and two-toned gaze found the familiar dark form of his kin,” Hibiki!” Zets called out, opening arms up wide and nearly sprinting to his brother, just to run straight into him. After some uneasy stumbling and a very heavy bear-hug squeeze, Zetsu pulled away from the unexpected family visitor,” How have you been?” Granted, it hadn't been terribly long since they parted ways, but it was still much more time apart from his brother than he was used to,” What have you been up to? Where did you end up going?” The questions flooded his brother, but he was so excited to see him, he couldn't help but ask.

“You look so good!” Zetsu mentioned, fiddling with Hibiki's hair for a moment, then brushing a bit of fuzz from his shoulder. What a man his brother was turning into! It was hard to believe that the two of them were the same age, but he knew it was his fault. Zetsu relied on too many people, and it kept him sheltered from certain folks with narrow minds. Zetsu's own clothes seemed to have ratted up a bit more, with holes and loose seams throughout, tattered edges that wouldn't receive any mending. He didn't know a soul that could do it for a price he could pay,” Time has been kind to you!”
Salsola
Indentured Servant
Dark
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:44 am

OOC: +500 words.

Hibiki was not expecting the embrace he got from his brother. It seemed like so long since the two of them had seen each other, even though it really wasn't that long at all. Perhaps it was from all the waiting he had done when they were younger, either when Zetsubou was getting lessons from their mother or waiting for his return from the university. He was a patient man, and longed for the chance to spend time with his brothers again. Jamaigo had kind of dropped off the face of the earth. At some point the two brothers should join together to find the missing member of their trio.

A smile came to the dark male's face as he couldn't help but wrap his arms around his brother's form, "It's always so good to see you Zetsubou." And even better when Shaamah is not around. There was no real telling how their father would react to his darkest son just wandering in, but it's not like he would have cared what the beast thought. His brother was family, and nothing was going to keep him from the shred of it he had left.

Then the questions started coming. There was so much excitement in his brother's voice, how could he not get to the answers right away? Letting go from the embrace, his posture relaxed, "I'm doing well. I decided to join a place called Cour des Miracles. It's actually not too far from here. My friend convinced me to come join."

He paused before a look of disbelief covered his face, "And I had no idea she was the Queen of the place! Can you imagine that? Making friends with a leader and not knowing it?" He was so stupid not to have figured it out, but it made for some fun between the two of them.

He couldn't just stop there. There was still another person to this conversation. Crossing his arms along his chest in a relaxed state, the same was prompted back at him, "How about you? Has Shaamah still been treating you like shit? I won't ever understand what keeps you with him, but I won't force anything on you."

He should just abandon the man and live his own life like Hibiki had done. What was really stopping him from doing so? He could do whatever he wanted with his life, not what his father wanted for him.

A soft chuckle passed through he dark male's lips, "Time has nothing to do with it. The court has an ongoing project of building homes for its members, and with lacking a forge, I am trying to build us one. A lot of hard work and research. I was actually on my way to see my old mentor. Have you heard of Casa di Cavalieri? It's the other pack that's near here."

Hibiki

Cour des Miracles
Comte
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 pm

A returned embrace warmed Zetsu's heart and his smile grew wider, his eyes alight with the fact that Hibiki was glad to see him. Hibiki, it seemed, was the only one who was glad to see him, so any chance he got to spend some time with his brother, he took it. After their hug, Hibiki didn't waste any time in answering Zets' questions,” Cour dey-...?” He tried to say the word out loud, but it was a lost cause. Even so, his smile didn't clear from his features until the dark son spoke of having met the Queen. A silvery chin nearly hit the floor,” You've made friends with a Queen?” Well, that sounded far more noble than a Sagax, but the title was likely tarnished for all time considering what the last Sagax had done.

Of course, it was only a matter of time before Hibiki made mention of Shaamah. Well, despite his constant training with the soldier, he'd like not to think of him at all. Truth be told, however, Shaamah hadn't been all that coarse with him since they'd left. After all, it was usually Zetsubou's fault that everything was brought upon him. He was convinced,[color=#800000]” Heh... It's not so bad,” [/color]Tucking his hands in the folds of his fisher pants (What could be considered pockets), he turned his eyes away from his brother with back-facing ears. It was shame alright, and he'd say it was his own,” I've just... I don't think I've got it in me to go it alone,” A shrug jerked at his shoulders, I'm not like you, my brother. I'm not good at much,” A half-grin peeked up through his lips, a compliment for his brother at his own condemnation without any particular intention toward it.

There were plenty of reasons to argue why he should go, but none of them particularly found him living a life that he wanted. He still wanted the power that Shaamah had, the stoic nature, the warrior's mind, with all the improvements of having a heart and a soul.

Talk of him and his brutal father was over for the moment as Hibiki delved into what exactly he'd been doing within the Miracle place. Brows lifted nearly off of his face when he mentioned that he was going to build a forge. Memory served well enough what the giant, molten fire pot in the earth was in Sapient,” You're going to build your own forge?” His words were trilled with excitement and his hands lifted toward the sky without anything better to do with his surprise,” Oh, man, I have to see that when it's done!”

“Oh, Casa Di Cavalieri! Yes!” The reply cut his enthusiasm for Hibiki's future tasks a little short, but he nodded as he spoke,” We're headed there right now. Though what for? I'm not sure. Something about 'Hushhowl' folks and something to do with them,” The boy spoke as his eyes trailed upward, trying to grab all the information he had out of thin-air thought,” Who is your mentor? Maybe I'll see him there?” He mused, clearly thrilled to know the people that Hibiki had been meeting in their absences from one another.

Salsola
Indentured Servant
Dark
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:33 pm

OOC: +600 words.

It was a bit of a tough name to say out loud. All of the boys had been introduced to some of their mother's native language.. though it clearly didn't stick that well. Most it boiled down to was knowing the meaning behind their names...

And they all saw how that turned out for them. It would be better to disown the language and the family all together. There was no reason to cling onto it. Shaamah's side of the family was no better. He might not have known any from that part of his life, but why would he want to? Their father was clearly an example of that life, and was another that was best left to crumble into dust.

Of course, his friendship with Kalypso went beyond the boundaries of her rank. To be honest, knowing that fact was only a perk in their relationship. What truly mattered was how they were around each other, the fun they seemed to have when they were with one another, and the advice they could share with each other when it came to their problems or their life. It was nice having a friend like her, "I did. But she's a great friend. It doesn't even matter that she's the Queen. We can talk and hang out with one another as if we were on the equal grounds with one another."

That was a good thing too. There were likely leaders that would still put their rank above their friendship in any situation. He could understand Kalypso needing to do this when it came to the court as a whole.. but when it was just the two of them? Rank had nothing to do with it.

As much as he could see his brother's side to the arguement, Hibiki could not stand watching their father abuse his son in such a way. It was clear this relationship was not going to work out, and that it would only turn out poorly for his brother in the long run. Maybe one last attempt would get him to see before it was too late, "You know there are other packs around here Zatsubou. You wouldn't have to do it all alone, and being in a community would help you to improve your skills just as much as being around with him." One last try.

Their topic changed back to that of a lighter note. Another smile crossed along his face to his brother's excitement over his plans, "It's going to take time and a lot of hard work, but it's something that can benefit the court. I can make things for them as well as make orders that we can use to trade with others. Besides, I'm not sure if there's anyone else in the court that knows the art. Makes me feel more like I have earned it you know?" So much about his new life had been making a life, a name, for himself. One that was his own. Feeling that sense of accomplishment, even from something so small, was very big for him.

So they were also heading to Casa. Perhaps if he was able to get there ahead of his family, he could inform Luca about the brother that would be passing through. Shaamah still didn't mean anything of worth to be mentioned, "My mentor is Grynn Garcia-Knight. Tanish colored with some red hair. She started to teach me blacksmithing when we were living in Sapient. I had to find a teacher outside of the pack willing to teach me since Leonardo was busy."

Hibiki

Cour des Miracles
Comte
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:10 pm

Zetsubou thought to spill words of how Nivosus was never that way, but what good could it possibly do for them? None. He was best kept a memory, though a lesson at the same time. Which was what Hibiki was trying to teach Zetsubou about Shaamah, but the boy wasn't so keen on the idea, yet. Maybe his father could change? Maybe, he would? The idea was laughable.

“Wow, what a leader!” He exclaimed, folding his hands behind his head and gazing into the sky. What would Sapient have been if they had someone like that? Still around, probably. He pondered how long the Miracle place had been around for,” A Queen of her people and a friend to them, as well. It sounds like a fairy tale,” He mused, a winded laugh, half-disbelief and half-want. Yet, he felt like he'd not make the same example of himself as Hibiki must have.

Feet scuffed as Hibiki attempted to pry Zetsu away from Shaamah once last time, but the red boy's freedom had never been there. He'd never done anything on his own and the leap? Well, it was terrifying. Even staying with Shaamah seemed an easier goal that searching for a place. Zetsu didn't want to ruin himself like he did with Sapient, when in all truth it was Shaamah that had broken him first,” I'll check them out, brother. I promise,” A shrug passed through him again, agitating the scarf on his throat,” Maybe, I'll find something for me, like you did.”

It was a lost cause, certainly, but for his brother? He'd try, at least. The boy just couldn't take much more failure, still wounded from the disbandment with nothing more in his life than training and pondering what went wrong with Sapient.

“Oh, man, I'm sure it will! I bet they're going to get huge with all the work you're putting in!” The idea was something he thoroughly believed. In his eyes, Hibiki could do everything,” I bet you're going to be irreplaceable,” A grin spread on his maw, whisking away the sorrow of but a moment ago.

At the mention of the name of his mentor, Zetsu tilted his head in thought. It was ridiculous to think that he might know anyone that Hibiki had met, but it was worth the attempt. Of course the name, Grynn Garcia-Knight, didn't ring a single bell, as suspected. Yet, at the mention of Leonardo's name, the boy's eyes dropped again. To the earth, where they could stare at anything but his brother out of shame. Leonardo was a good man, at least, that's how they all chose to remember him, despite how he remembered himself,” Yeah, I suppose he was pretty busy,” The mention came at the idea of the note that was found on him.

Waving his hand in the air, he did his best to drop the thought. He'd never quite seen death in a light that was easy to get over, but at the same time, Miwa's had been pretty easy despite the few weeks he was mentally torn for whatever reason. In retrospect, perhaps she didn't deserve to be mourned, but Leo? Zetsu really felt that Leo did, despite his involvement with Nivosis, he couldn't believe the blacksmith a criminal without that trail that the Sagax had fled from.

Salsola
Indentured Servant
Dark
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:14 am

OOC: +400 words.

The thought of his friend brought a smile to his face. She was kind, understanding, mischievous in a way he could appreciate, helpful, beauti- He paused before letting his mind finish that last one. While it was no secret she had beauty, she had a family to look after, and they were just friends. Guess his mind was wandering a bit too much again. One thing was for certain, she had a great influence on him, for better or for worse. Light blue gaze shifted to the side briefly, "She's helped me out so much, even before Sapient fell. I want to return the favor."

A fairy tale... now that was certainly one way of putting it, but it sounded true all the same.

Zetsubou couldn't stay attached to his father for the rest of his life. What sort of things did he want to do? What skills did he want to look more into learning? What should it matter what Shaamah wanted for him? He hated his sons, and the dark male had known that for a long time. Their father was just going to take advantage of him... but there was no point in arguing much anymore, as it would just be like talking to a brick wall...

The frustration quickly died down as his brother's enthusiasm came back to the surface. He couldn't let his inner thoughts bring his brother down, not when the two of them had this rare chance to spend time with one another. No doubt if the beast was here, he would have shooed his darker son away... or done much more given his combative nature. The question he wondered was if something like that were to happen, who's side would his brother stand on? Who was more important to him?

The one trying to help him, or the one manipulating him?

Hibiki noticed the way his brother's ears fell to the mention of Leonardo. The man had been a great asset to Sapient, and to know he was now gone left a tear in all of them... no better knowing their leader was behind all of this. One day... when and if he decided to turn up again, he would have to face those he betrayed for his crimes.

Miwa had already faced her judgement.

He offered a small shake of his head, "I had to find alternative means. I wanted to learn, so it was up to me to find a teacher. I couldn't just sit around and wait for him, or wait for what Miwa or Shaamah would have to say. I had to take initiative and do it on my own." His brother had to do the same at some point in his life. He had to...

Hibiki

Cour des Miracles
Comte
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:23 pm

A grin spread across his brother's face and though it seemed a bit stranger, his brother not smiling an awful lot when around Zetsu for obvious reasons, it was a delight to see. Knowing that Hibiki had come out of Sapient with contacts through Nova Scotia did make it easier to understand how his brother thrived so well after their disbanding. Zetsu hadn't done the same. He hadn't gone out. He hadn't made friends that could help him like Hibiki had, much less did he have a trade that needed training. All he wanted to do since growing up was to fight, but for very different reasons than his father. He wanted to learn combat exactly because of his father, so he could take down cruel people.

Zetsu, however, still had yet to grow into his own.

It was all likely do to his own shortcomings, his fear of the unknown and the terror of being unprepared and alone. He knew he'd always have his brother, but the depth of his heart still didn't trust what he didn't know. Sheltered, by his mother's hand, and confidence stolen by his father's. He was in poor shape mentally, despite his friendly nature. He couldn't recognize it, simple because he knew he could smile if asked himself to, and he could talk to strangers and enjoy the warmth of the sun. How could he be mentally sick, if he could do these things? It would never click with him.

Hibiki continued to speak past Leonardo's name, and it aided Zets in trying to push it to the back of his mind,” You're brave, Hibiki. I really look up to you... You know that, right?” Zet's strong arm planted a firm hand on his brother's shoulder,” You don't wait for anyone. You go out and grab your future, no matter what anyone says,” He grinned,” I'm proud to call you my brother,” Word could not have been more true. Every time they saw one another, Hibiki inspired him to be greater, to work harder and to do things he might not think to. Even if his own apprehensions kept him at bay, he knew his brother would be there for him. Wherever it was that they decided to settle down, Zets would make a good note of where the Court was. Hibiki was his true family, and he'd make it so their bond remained strong.

Salsola
Indentured Servant
Dark
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:50 pm

OOC: +300 words.

Hibiki knew that his brother had the potential to do something great with his life, and not because their mother pounded it in his head. All three of the brothers could have done just fine on their own, Hibiki was proof enough of that. When it came to Jamaigo, he had taken the time to break off to the University when Sapient was still around. Who knew what their brother was doing now, but whatever it was, he was doing it on his own.

Miwa was dead, and Zetsubou was the only one naive enough to stay with Shaamah. Better just one of the siblings than both of them. Then again even if their brother was here, he wouldn't care nearly as much as this one did.

A smile moved across the dark male's face when his brother spoke again. It was weird having someone look up to him, but comforting. At least he had someone positive to look up to as well as his blind following of Shaamah. One arm moved around his brother, "Let me at least give you this advice. You can't depend on Shaamah forever. You've got your own future ahead of you. It's up to you to find it, not him."

He knew it still wouldn't be enough to get his brother to leave their father, but something to consider when he decided it was time to live his life the way he wanted to. He was open to having his own freedom. It just took one small step to achieve this. Even so, he couldn't leave it on just that note. His smile grew, "I'm proud to call you my brother too. we have to stick together Zetsubou, no matter how far apart we are."

Hibiki

Cour des Miracles
Comte
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

Dead Topics