[M] Must Be the Way You Whisper

p. Aoves

POSTED: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:13 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

The sky had dimmed to a darker shade of grey by the time the chilled and weary shepherd was trudging along the beaten and broken concrete path back home. It wasn't his intention to be gone too long, but the trip wasn't a short one, not to mention the actual finding of the prey, and taking care of it.

Luckily, though, he was returning with something in hand. A large brown rabbit, with straight ears on it's limp head. He was holding it by it's hind legs, tiny front paws falling in a way to look as if the buck was covering his face in shame.

Scarred arms were held close to keep him warm, causing the rabbit to occasionally rocked against him as he tried to make it back to his house at a reasonable time. It wasn't too late now, but the winter season really gave the illusion of shortened days. He had wanted too look around, to find something to wrap the poor corpse in so that it could possibly keep some of the heat it would have left, but he feared by now, due to death and weather, that it was futile to even attempt keeping it warm. still, he hoped it would be something worthy enough to offer as a meal, after he'd been inconsiderate in not presenting his lovely guest with something to eat.

He wasn't angered by any means, and was actually rather proud of his find. It was a handsomely sized male, mature and feed at least well enough. It wasn't the biggest creature he'd seen, but it was meat.

Now, the quest was completed and the Cockney was eager to get back in the warm shelter for rest. Hopefully, he'd still have company when he got there...

The thought caused him to pause in step. His heart had jumped in his chest, and his expression grew far less content. What if she's gone...? He could only assume Aoves wouldn't just leave, but after such bold moves, the aussie dog couldn't be all too sure. He'd clearly made it obvious that he had developed feelings for her, hadn't he? But... Perhaps she wasn't tickled pink by the fact. After all, he'd just came out and explained his whole, troubling past.

Maybe he was moving too fast. Even touching could be taken too far if she wasn't interested romantically in the scarred ex-gangster. I pro'ly went oveh the edge... He thought, giving a heavy sigh. He trembled some, though not due to the biting wind. Oh, what he'd give to see her speckled presence still residing within the walls... To hear that French accent of her emitting such soft, gentle words.

He couldn't have been home quicker. Without realizing it, he'd traveled further along through the city, ending up now in the Hydrostone District. He could almost see his cozy abode from where he stood.

With another sigh, present still clenched in his white gloved hand, Harvey Butler pressed on, hopeful.

(((498))) :: YAY! Backdated to 10th? Next day from last one. xD

Last edited by Harvey Butler on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Butler

Signature image by Gen
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Pablo
Luperci Mate to Aoves
How's Your Father?

POSTED: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:01 pm

My wrist slipped and deleted all the replies I was working on, so now I am sad with this one. The top italics can be skipped, I just wanted to work her out and buff up my wc a tonwee bit. Pretend it's french though too tired to translate again :x

With him gone, she’d seen the absence as a chance to bring out her owl, seeking the wizened bird for wisdom that his many years had hopefully brought. The sensitive ears had overheard everything, and much to her surprise, he did not object to her staying. Taking that approval as a chance to go ahead and ask for more advice, "I’m not even sure if I’m going about this the right way, is there really any way to know?” She had no experience in the matter, besides being the giver of a polite rejection on apologetic smile.

There was no guarantee anything would come of her staying - nothing romantically significant at least, though she supposed they could benefit either way as foreigners deepening their friendships and bonds. But of course, there remained the undeniable fear of embarrassing herself. If he were being friendly then she’d certainly look a fool. Palms were pressed flat against her cheeks, the woman sliding further into the couch with a groan. There were so many, too many what-ifs.

After having asked the bird, she instantly regretted it. “Straddle him, of course.” The owl simply had replied to her uncertainty, head bobbing comically with a lecherous rasp. Her jaws snapped forward to close about on empty air, the bird had known her long enough to learn how to avoid her playful bites. Continuing to move forward, she’d pulled the bird into a vicious hug, freckled nose brushed against his head in a way well known to be despised, a smug smile decorating her lips as he struggled against the sudden embrace. “He is not like that, you know.” Not that she even knew herself.

The ruffled bird continued to fight against her grip, breaking free to flutter over to the door. “Sure, sure, whatever. Since you clearly have learned nothing about men in all the months you've spent with them, I figure you’re dumb enough to allow me few hours to hunt while you figure things out.” Too familiar with his jibes to mind them, she knew what he wanted, and strode over to the door to open it. She was eager to slam it again as the bird hopped through and winged away, shutting out both the cold wind, and the negativity. Returning to the couch to slide onto its cushion, she drew up her limbs to curl into a fretful pose, slipping into a nap.

The sleep had been uneasy - the smallest noise would have been enough to wake her, in this case being the irritated hissing of the bird…her bird. The sound seemed to be coming from the roof, and an instant later and she heard the dull thuds as he winged his way off - she didn’t have to guess at the reason as to why. Harvey. Aoves didn’t waste any time with groggy movement; having already sent him into the cold on her own part, she felt the least she could do was greet him at the door.

The woman quickly rose from where her warmth had seeped into the couch, allowing herself a brief stretch, and then strolling forward on light feet over to the door. Eyes squeezed shut against the cold as she opened it, but her frame leaned against the banister in relief at the sight of the rust red merle making his way closer. Her tail swayed lazily behind her at the sight of something in hand, but she remained silent, waiting till he neared to give him a proper greeting.

ninette
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:34 pm

He smiled as he eventually made his way to the house, turning onto the cracked path leading to the creaky stairs, walking slowly after being caught out in the cold for as long as he had been. His joints were aching and he shivered, but he was more than excited to be back home, and beyond ecstatic to see that his dear friend had stayed while he was out.

The red merle took only a moment to catch up with her at the door way, holding the rabbit up as if it were a prize. "'Ope ya fancy rabbit, love. Awful sorry I was out so long..." He frowned at the thought of leaving her lonely, but knew she'd understand it wasn't anything he'd done intentionally; he was doing what he could to find her a meal, not purposely keeping distance from her.

"Glad t' be back, I am... An' even be'eh t' see ya still 'ere." Harvey admitted with a rather sheepish smile. "I... I was 'fraid tha' afteh what I... Uhm..." It was a stupid fear, knowing the gentle, understanding French woman, but he couldn't help but fear abandonment.

Another shiver ran through him, before he realized he was standing outside his cozy and warm abode, in the freezing cold. Inwardly insulting himself for being so daft, Harv made his way inside with a nod, and shut the door to keep the harsh winds out.

He shrugged some, planning to finish his thought. "Was 'fraid ya would 'ave left."

Even then he'd debated how to greet her after being gone. Even after just the last night, she'd seemed somewhat disappointed by the hasty hug he'd given, so perhaps something more passionate was appreciated? He didn't want to be wrong.

First, though, he'd have to do something with the rabbit. It'd be awfully rude to pull the lovely Aoves into an embrace and have the cold corpse of her to-be meal pressed again her. It was simply macabre, and quite ungentlemanly.

But he hardly wanted to keep her waiting for some sort of gesture if she was expecting it... Or, more likely, he could hardly wait himself. Leaning in quickly, he'd placed another quick kiss at her cheek, hoping it not too over the top, before having his usual grin resurface.

((382)) :: Oh goodness, I'm so sorry, dear. ;n; And it's lovely, I couldn't dare ignore it! xD Gah, and sorry this is so short. ;n;

Harvey Butler

Signature image by Gen
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Pablo
Luperci Mate to Aoves
How's Your Father?

POSTED: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Post will actually be timely now c:

She shook her head, disagreeing with his worry with hand flicking in a wave of dismissal. "Do not worry about it, it was not fair of me to send you in the first place. It is a fine catch." she said with a faintly apologetic tone, but also with a tilt of her chin towards the hare to appraise its size, and the general fact that it was a meal. Aoves was happy to follow him indoors, briskly rubbing her arms to warm them again from the brief chill. The sound of hesitation in his voice drew her to attention, her arms slowing to cross in concern as she listened. She didn't have to ask what he meant.

The woman could fully understand why he was uneasy, and wanted to reassure him that that wasn't even something to be concerned about, she was glad he’d trusted her enough to tell her and wanted to always be trusted. So she didn’t end up caressing the hare, she slid to the junction of his back and side, arms coming up in a loose embrace hovering over shoulders. Even moving to follow through with the motion, thoughts about what he said bubbled to the surface as she neared, how he’d explained the dog he was in the past. So caught up on the threshold of unexpected affection, she had pushed the gruesome to the back of her mind.

Eyes flickering to fleetingly scope the lifeless body in his hands - she was taken by surprise, a fleeting thought that threatened to put her empty stomach in knots, disgusting her with herself. Had he killed the rabbit with a similar method used to kill others? The thought was hastily pushed away with a forced smile, one that softened into its natural form as her gaze lifted to his. She knew better than to hold onto such notions, she could only hope such thoughts did not return. "Oh, well you do not 'ave to worry about that at all now, do you?" Perhaps more for confirmation to herself than to him, she felt the need to restate continue. “You know that, correct?”

ninette
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:27 pm

He let out a laugh at that. "But ya didn't send me out. I left, so there ain't no reason for ya t' worry oveh i' eiveh." That could suit them both, he thought; he would let it go, but Aoves couldn't make it out to be her doing if she wouldn't allow the Brit to excuse himself. He shivered again, due to the near instant temperature change, mostly thanks to walls shielding the brutal winds.

Harvey hoped she hadn't taken offense to what he'd muttered, about being at least somewhat shocked that she'd stay. He really meant no harm in the comment, but after the stunts he'd pulled, the red merle male wouldn't blame her is she felt uncomfortable around him.

And after telling her that awful story of his past, he had almost assured himself she'd leave when she could.

But, this was Aoves... A grin close to that of a playful pup grew upon his blotched face as the Londoner remembered that fact. She seems far too understanding and kind to just leave, at least not without a goodbye.

The smile appeared more as he felt the presence of the wolfdog so close. Harv rather enjoyed being able to do so, and wished he hadn't been holding that damned cold corpse. Undoubtedly, if he could, he'd be back to wrapping scarred arms around her lovely frame, pressing her to his broad chest in an embrace the former gangster wished would last eternally...

He shook the thought away, for if he'd been seen, the aussie dog surely bore a lovestruck expression probably not necessary for the situation. The Cockney canine cleared his throat. "Of course... Yeah." Even another laugh left him, excited to hear her words.

"Well, I do now." He stated more accurately, smirk still obvious, "...No worries, right?"

((302)) :: ouo <3

Harvey Butler

Signature image by Gen
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Pablo
Luperci Mate to Aoves
How's Your Father?

POSTED: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:41 pm

ooc

She pursed her lips in disagreement, but didn’t argue with the rebuttal, rather than upset her it served to make her view him as all the more gallant. Not wanting to risk them going back and forth about it, she settled with nuzzling lightly into his neck, enjoying the fact that he’d cared enough to return with something at all. Her chin rested idly on his shoulder as she listened, a short laugh following, she liking the phrase enough to test it out for herself. “Right, no worries.” And she would hope that by speaking it, it would come into being. The woman slid around and away from him, there other things to attend to after all; there was no point in the hunt having been in vain.

Quick steps carried her to the room, she turning around and holding up a finger, motioning for him to wait. “Oh, I am being forgetful. Just a moment and I can take that off of you hands, I need to get my knife.” Once there, the long back fabric was quickly looped about her as a shawl, her dagger pulled swiftly from drawer before she came back to him. Blade in one hand, the other pal was extended to take the hare. She’d have to go outside to skin it, unfortunately, but she felt the largest dilemma revolved around how to heat the rodent. “You would not ‘appen to ‘ave some place I can cook this, would you?” Aoves couldn’t recall if she’d ever seen him cook, but she would hope.

The occasional endeavor into the homes of humans had taught her that their appliance were durable, and could endure even a cooking fire, despite what she assumed were many years of disuse. She could happily eat it raw, but in this case she would be picky, as cold as it was, she at least wanted there to be some warmth in her meal as well.

ninette
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:36 pm

It was good that the argument didn't continue, for though it wasn't a particularly bad dispute, letting it go would prove beneficial, as Harvey could keep a conversation adorned with apologies ongoing for as long as he lived.

Also, it was nice to hear the reassuring phrase restated by the wolfdog, as worries only caused tension, and tension wasn't anything the red merle male wanted thickening the air within the walls. He hoped he could keep a comfortable, welcoming, friendly environment for his guests (as he did still recall that he had another, more mouthy individual under his roof during this time). Aoves' nuzzling was gentle as always, a subtle gesture that calmed the British brute, bringing a boyish grin to his face.

Dual coloured eyes followed her figure as she headed off, and when his French friend had returned with a rather handsome piece of cutlery (especially compared to his dinky dagger he'd only found amongst the wreckage of human evidence), Harv's expression even grew to one of mild shock. He would have never expected the kind and dainty Aoves to own, let alone know how to use (with no offense to her) a blade. Then again, it had proved an advantage to have something of the sort on one's person, or at least handy during times of needed protection, or hunting.

"I could take care of tha', if ya would like, my pet." The Londoner smiled, offering out his own knife. It was clean, despite him coming home with something to eat. Assuming she'd notice the fact, he let out an almost pathetic chuckle, "I... Uhm. Poor fin'... Didn't 'ave t' use it none. Lil' lad must 'ave go'en scared, 'ad a 'eart attack, or somefin'. Rabbits can do tha', I 'ear."

He was somewhat ashamed to admit that he really hadn't had to do much work, and that he, as a man, a provider, hadn't even slit the buck's throat to hurry the process. No, instead, he'd worried and pondered a way of chasing it about, and in the process, right as he thought he'd have to drive the cold blade into the bunny's warm flesh, the thing just plopped over, all out of steam.

The aussie dog have a soft shrug, "I ain't sure if anyfin' works or not, 'aven't tried meself. I tend t' start up a fire, an' cook tha' way. Taste be'eh." Harvey said with another cheesy sort of smile. It wasn't often that he actually cooked his food, but when he felt the desire to, he'd light up some firewood collected and tossed in a nook outside, roasting the meat to suffice his craving. If it really was more pleasant to eat or not, he really had no clue, but he could only think so, and found the answer honest enough.

((469)) :: --

Harvey Butler

Signature image by Gen
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Pablo
Luperci Mate to Aoves
How's Your Father?

POSTED: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:28 pm

---

The look spared to her blade resulted in drawing a bashful smile from the woman, but she shrugged off any ideas of being portrayed wrongly, a lady more aggressive than the actuality - having a knife was certainly wiser than not in any given situation. At his offer she was replied with a subdued look of disagreement, smile remaining but her brows knitting in concern, dark waves surround her crown bounce with the slight shake of her head. "Nonsense, I could not possibly ask anything more of you." She placed one hand on his shoulder, the other palm moving upwards to his face to reassuringly pat a white cheek.

Grey eyes were lifted to his, her teeth flashing in a quick grin of confidence. "You go ahead an focus on warming yourself, get comfortable. I am sure it was dreadfully cold while you were running around out there, and I would not 'ave you get sick on my account - I can take care of this fellow in no time at all." She wasn't particularly excited to brave the cold, having become quite warmed and comfortable during her nap - but given his help so far, Aoves felt the least she could do was grit her teeth and deal with it as she had in the days prior. She gave a gentle laugh of embarrassment, self-aware, she was getting softened to the elements after only a matter of hours.

The merle had been outside for a while, and though hardly absent for an unreasonably amount of time, that didn't lessen that fact that the air grew colder as the hours passed. The hand slid from his shoulders and eased tentatively to the hare, she wouldn't snatch it from his grasp, but if he handed it over, she fully meant to grab it before he had a chance to change his mind.

ninette
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:54 pm

"Ya wouldn't be askin', love, if I offeh." Harvey said with a more devious grin. He wasn't trying to be particularly stubborn, but he did want to help in any way possible, and he hardly figured Aoves to be the type of girl to ask for help if she found herself capable, but the chore unappealing; just because it wasn't exciting, the wolfdog seemed apt to do it herself, and not let others spoil her too much. At least, that's what Harv understood.

So with that, he was certain if he wanted to help, he'd have to offer.

Even if he did think warming up would be something comfortable, he couldn't stop worrying over his friend's wellbeing. It had to have gotten colder as it grew later in the day, and to bear the freezing weather to eat alone didn't sit well with him. He thought it over, and let her have her way, though.

"Sure fin', love, if ya don't mind i' any." She may not have been all too willing to let him accompany her in the bitter environment, but that wouldn't stop him from coming out later. What sort of gentleman would stay indoors, warm and cozy, while a lovely young woman was shivering in the gloomy outdoors? Not Harvey Butler, that was for sure.

The Brit handed the rabbit over without a fight at all, plan already set in his mind as to what he could do to help, on his own accord.

((247))

Harvey Butler

Signature image by Gen
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Pablo
Luperci Mate to Aoves
How's Your Father?

POSTED: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:12 pm

ooc

Her teeth flashed daintily in another fleeting smile, the luperci glad to be given an opportunity to prove her intent not to be a burden throughout the stay - she felt that having him hunt for her add been a poor start indeed. The woman graciously took the rodent, with a free hand gathering the black shawl more securely about her figure, then turning to head through the door and outside.

Pale eyes were already examining the lifeless body, trying as best as she could to determine what cuts would be made were, even already planning ahead and mulling over whether or not the soft fur could be put to use elsewhere. Even her palms - pads long since hardened by travel over countless pavements in her lupus form - could note the silky quality to the rodents winter coat, perhaps it could somehow be turned into a gift for the merle. She knew that tanning had never been one of her greatest skillsets, however, and chose not to bother with it and risk a low quality gift, something else would simply have to be made to showcase her appreciation.

The woman settled just off the stoop, with a low huff sending a warm cloud spiraling drifting lazily into the wind, a quick glance cautiously spared to the surrounding street before gaze returned to her task. The cushioning of of hair at her hindquarters was a welcome feature when it came to such weather, and she found herself able to settle more comfortably, internal warmth not entirely stolen by the chilly pavement beneath her.

Low notes of a nostalgic child's tune hummed absentmindedly in her throat as the first series of cuts were made - the work was hurried, hastily executed and with little skill to show in the method by which the skinning was done, but finishing before exposed fingers could stiffen in the air was more favorable than an aesthetically pleasing job.

ninette
Luperci

Dead Topics