{m} every walk i've ever taken has been in your direction

harvey, baird

POSTED: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:14 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

aoves
i had a rosepetal bed I had the sun on my skin

It was late in the night, Aoves knew this because she seen if from the start. The dark female had sat on the edge of her bed in silence, grey eyes watching even as the bar of light melted into darkness at the foot of her door. At times her eyes would close, it made little difference in the heavy gloom of her room, and with lids lowered she would pray that God would lend her strength. She knew it, even without past experience to go by, that the puppies time had come.

These pains had been different from the rest, persistent in the way that they would come and then return, rather than occurring once and then no more for the rest of the day. Hours had gone by, the pains and their frequency increasing until she finally realized what was to come, at which she had retired early to the dark sanctum of her room. She hadn't told her mate; already the young dam felt panic beginning to set her nerves on end, and she had no desire for him to worry so soon - she still held on to the slight hope that it was a false alarm.

But the pain made it impossible to sit still any longer.

With a huff, the woman gingerly slid her weight to her feet, leaving her room to waddle silently down the hall. With balance shifting as she sashayed from the door in a new frailty, another wave of pain was set off. She halted, a palm bracing her against the wall as a whine slid past her clenched teeth; she wouldn't be making it to the couch as had been intended before, and venturing up the stairs was now out of the question. "Harvey!" The bark was uttered with an undeniable note of panic - she was scared. Like a little girl that didn't want to be alone in the dark, she was oh so frightened, and hoping that he wasn't asleep, foolishly hoping that he could hold her. She, a full grown and frightened woman in her time of need. Somewhere in the back of her mind she wondered when she'd grown so dependent, but the thought was neatly wiped away as another little jolt of pain settled at her lower back. She switched to the other side of the hall, sidling through the bathroom door where her nest - a neat padding of blankets lining the base of the tub - had been made with painstaking care.

The edge seemed so much higher all of the sudden, but one leg was carefully lifted up to fall inside and beyond the porcelain exterior. In that instance, she was reaffirmed that it had been wise not to venture up the stairs, the stretching cause of another soft whine to escape her jaws. With teeth grit in determination, she was able to coax the other leg into following, at which point she wearily sank to brace her back against the head of the tub, hands cradling her belly as her gentle breathing began to shift into panting.

((Set for the 14th. cheesy title is cheesy. I might be unable to get on next week, so I wanted to get this up while I have the muse. Harvey first, and Baird can jump in whenever if you feel like it Dj.))
Last edited by Aoves on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ninette
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:44 am

ooc: Yisslovethis.

He was sitting atop his bed, not really having anything to do other than toy about through his collected knickknacks (as wandering was off limits, not only thanks to the weather, but Harvey wouldn't dare leave the house with Aoves as ready as she was to give birth), the merle male gave a heavy sigh, lazily placing his coins into categories by size and decoration. He liked to leave his mate alone for periods at a time, because he felt his company would, if he kept hovering about her like he'd like, only cause more stress on her already pained and weary state. It wasn't that he didn't wish to see his lover, because it was quite the opposite; he was missing her already, though she only stayed downstairs. The shepherd understood, though, that time to oneself was something to enjoy from time to time, and tried to grant the poor woman with plenty space and room.

His folded ears perked suddenly, bi-coloured eyes widening when his name was called out in such a horrific tone. It wasn't the lovely, sing-song sort of voice the French woman usually spoke with, and instead sounded painfully scared and panicked. Hardly a minute was able to pass before Harvey had reached the bottom of the stairs, having dashed down quickly to see what troubled his beloved wolf-dog.

A soft whimper escaped him when the sight of the mink-coloured canine wasn't quickly spotted, and he glanced about some, worried.

"Aoves, love, wha's the ma'eh? Are you okay?" As he nervously asked about her well-being, the aussie dog took a look into the room in which she could usually be found, with no luck. Quickly, he turned about and saw her in the washroom, having just struggled to get safely inside the protective nest of the bathtub.

Harvey knelt by the side and hastily looked Aoves over, panting himself in the excitement. A white hand was placed upon on of he own, one that cradled her swollen midsection. "Is... Is i' the puppies?" It was an assumption, but a logical one, considering the signs. The British male knew nearly nothing of birthing children, so even bringing up the idea had his heart pounding within his scarred chest, but another part of him was hopeful; he could quite possibly be a father any second now.

((389))

Harvey Butler

Signature image by Gen
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Pablo
Luperci Mate to Aoves
How's Your Father?

POSTED: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:44 pm

aoves

She was only partially aware of it as the merle sidled to rest beside her, pale eyes flicking to the hand at her belly as full awareness came, cast to his face with hers widened in fear and anticipation. Her eyes flashed back to the three palms now resting upon her abdomen, her countenance somewhat calmer - at least he had come, regardless of the fact that, either way, she would have had no choice but to handle the matter herself had he not. She didn't want to, though. The moment was both a frightening and joyous one - what good mother did not anticipate the birth of her pups?

It was the unknown and unexpected that was so frightening, fantasies of motherhood had been abandoned so early in her life, yet now she was on and beyond the blushing cusp of a youthful existence with no obligations; she had expected to remain as such well into her years, but that so suddenly changed. Luckily she had never been one to regret. Her dark legs were stretched to the full extent allowed by the tub as she settled, head turning back with a slight nod to the dog as an answer. A subdued smile began to bloom, the happy curl of her lips diluted by only by pain rather than reluctance. "It is." The words were spoken as a gentle huff, before her attention to the pressures and pains building within her. It was time; the small cloths were folded neatly into a corner to clean the fragile bodies, and though her shifting had somewhat ruined the neat arrangement of cloths lining the tub, the area still retained much of its comfort.

It seemed to come so suddenly, the urge to push that overrode any other desires she might have had to communicate with Harvey, or give the room a final once over. The rest of the world was completely blocked out as her vision blurred and cotton seemed to stuff itself into her ears, somehow amplifying the pounding pulsations of her blood. Teeth were grit in fierce determination, and breaths deepened in laborious focus; what felt like hours couldn't have been more than a dozen minutes before the first puppy was passed from her body to the world. Eyes lidded from the effort, she did not wait to see if Harvey would care for the pup, she yearned to be the first to touch the life she'd carried for so long.

On instinct the dam knew to pick the little body up, infinitely tender as she leaned forward to snap clean their tie, alternating between licks and rubbing the infant clean. It was a boy, and her welcoming licks had soon stimulated him into yipping squeals; satisfied as the woman lifted him up to latch onto one of her bare nipples. Eyes lidded in fatigue, the dark female reclined again, welcoming the brief reprieve before she had to begin the straining anew. At the very least, expect three. The words of the doctor, she knew that her work was not yet done.

((I'm trying to skim the details, but eh, I'll Mmark it just to be safe.))

ninette
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:32 pm

ooc: I'm terrible for taking so long gahhhh. ;n;

It took a moment before the merle actually realized what was going on; at that moment, his life was going to change forever. His heart was racing as he was flooded with feelings or worry, along with excitement. He was moment away from becoming a father, able to coddle and handle his own flesh and blood... But he had no idea what to do.

The pain he was observing in his lover was excruciating just to witness, and he wished there was something he could do to help any some sort of way. Instead, he sat with her, figuring without knowledge on pregnancy or birthing, that simply being present and supportive of his dearest Aoves was the best help he could give. The shepherd offered a white hand for her, running his other through her dark locks in a way that soothed the both of them, finding that simple pleasure calming in it's own way.

Harvey felt as if his heart had thumped it's way to his throat, his movements shaky as he awaited the arrival of their offspring. Hopes of healthy and happy little pups ran through his mind, knowing this was to be one of the most memorable moments of his entire life; yet another fine instance to wash away his sorrowful past.

The first of the litter made his way free, and all the Cockney dog could do was stare. He grew weak, almost to the point of feeling faint as his bi-coloured glance caught sight of the squirming, yipping thing. Thankfully Aoves seemed to know what to do instinctively, for where she was already nursing the babe and readying herself for another arrival, the British male, known before for his cocky personality and physical strength, could hardly stay seated. It was admittedly a lot to take in, as a wave of change was so suddenly sweeping over the young couple, but after a moment of deep breathing and an expletive or two later, the scarred luperci was focused on getting this through.

He grasped at Aoves hand tightly and nodded his head, "Good, good, love... You're doin' great, they... 'E's so lovely..." The aussie dog finished with a smile, finally getting a good look at their son.

((371))

Harvey Butler

Signature image by Gen
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Pablo
Luperci Mate to Aoves
How's Your Father?

POSTED: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:37 am

aoves

Though the laboring female could hardly focus on one thing - thoughts a blur of pain, and her senses devoted purely to the babe in her arms and those still within - she was able to heave a great sigh of relief at having her beloved at her side. The woman let her head lean upon the hand at her dark tresses, appreciative of the gentle and familiar sensation in her great moment of need, though she expressed that gratitude in little other form. Grey eyes had lowered to the tiny mouth latched to her breast, affection and satisfaction bubbling forth instantaneously at the indistinct slurps from her sons tender mouth - his eyes sealed tightly shut, and his focus clearly on only one thing. She watched the newborn with simple wonder.

The pain had not totally lapsed subsided, but it was tolerable, for the moment. Aoves leaned a little more heavily into Harvey, surrendering her weight in total appreciation for the miracle that the moment was. The puppy did not need to suckle long before its tiny stomach was full, and he detached to lay upon her in the utmost frailty, the tiny limbs strewn in total exhaustion. Satisfied that her self induced spell of rapture could be broken, for the first time in the long minutes that marked the moment, Aoves' gaze slid to the dog at her side. Her tone was quiet when she spoke, though the woman had a feeling that it would take more than words to wake the sleeping babe.

"So 'Arvey, do you wish to name your son?" Her smile was faint, but unwavering in its steady presence upon her lips. The child was a male, and clearly the one who would share his name with future children. Aoves felt it was his right to chose the little fellows title, if not for that reason, than because her mind was still so enraptured she didn't trust herself not to simply give him a name meaning pure joy.

((it's alright, I understand c:))

ninette
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:46 pm

WC: 506 OOC: Late comer Baird is uber awkward >.>

The quiet bark of Harvey's name up the stairs had stirred him from his slumber, he hadn't lied to Aoves when he had told her he was a light sleeper. He had then heard his merle friend make his way down stairs to aid his lady love in whatever way she needed. The dingo man pushed his way out of the tangle of blankets and furs, managing to free his top half from the bundle, sitting there for a minute and rotating his large ears to try and hear something from downstairs. Pan wriggled out from the blankets too, snuggling up underneath his chin and mumbling sleepily, her sleep fogged brain jumbling an incoherent muddle of high and low speech. Baird tickled her chin and concentrated on listening, hearing shuffling and then the dull and somewhat muffled thud of a body sliding into a bathtub. It was then that he remembered that Aoves was due around about now and that she had made her birthing den in the bath tub. He shot up out of bed and yanked his door open, almost tripping down the stairs. He had no idea what use he would be in the process, he didn't even think about whether Aoves and Harvey would want him there or not, all he knew was that his body responded automatically, he didn't even have time to grab his goggles.

As he neared the doorway to the bathroom he froze, he could see Harvey clearly, the red merle of his coat obvious in the gloom, and a slice of Aoves, her dark coat no more than a shadow. His eyes went wide and he felt a shudder run up his spine, the tension in the air was palpable. He was suddenly torn; he thought that on the one paw he should leave, this was a very personal moment for the mated pair, but then he also thought that he should offer to help in some way. He didn't want to offer anything paws on, that would be just a little creepy and a bit unnecessary, but more in the way of fetching and carrying. He didn't realise that he had been unconsciously edging forwards as he warred with himself, until he softly collided with the door frame. He snapped out of his trance and looked down, spotting the adorably splayed puppy on Aoves's chest. His eyes softened and he felt a whine of appreciation leave his throat, the beauty of the moment not lost in him, and the instinctive protectiveness over puppies already rising in his chest.

he suddenly seemed to come to, focus returning to his emerald eyes and he started to back away, "Blimey, I'm sorry guys. I'm intruding." He looked behind himself at the empty corridor and put a paw out to brace against the wall, "If you need anything, just call. I'll be... Uh.... I'll be out in the living room." He mumbled, retreating a little ways more, still backing up, seemingly unable to take his eyes off the pair and the pup.

Djiacamo
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:27 pm

The need to worry was not over yet, but for the time being, until another miracle forced its way through into existence (in a more tangible sense), there was time to admire what gift had been bestowed upon the young couple. After he'd calmed down some himself, the shepherd took a glance at the child, and was instantly in love. The pup was a determined sort, he could tell already, and knew right away what to do to survive. In the harsh winter months, that innate knowledge was vital.

His arms were cradling Aoves carefully, holding her up, knowing how weak she must feel after having endured so much intense pain. A dual-coloured glance met the silver one of his lover, and the dog couldn't help but to smile. his heart began racing again as she finished her words. To be able to come up with his boy's name, something he'd be called by, remembered by, was a great honour to the male who still believed he deserved much less than what he had.

Still, he wouldn't want to pass up the opportunity. The name would have to be something significant, he'd figured, not just something off the top of his head. It deserved thought, considering the babe would be called by whatever alias the Brit had come up with.

Naming his offspring after a family member seemed appropriate, and though there were many males in his past, Harvey already had somebody in mind.

If he could remember anything from the stories his father used to tell him whilst trying to lure the stubborn merle to sleep, his antics already having worn his poor mother out, it was the hilarious tales of his Great-Grandfather, the eccentric Basil Malahide. The way the Londoner's father made Mr. Malahide appear to be in his stories was somebody with great determination and confidence; if there was something he wanted done, it would take more than the forces of Earth alone to even make the man tremble into submission. Though Harv had never met the go-getter himself, he could appreciate his contributions.

His attention turned quickly to the door when Baird found his way in. Without even a thought about demanding privacy, the Cockney bloke gave a gentle, friendly laugh and beckoned the dingo forward. He hoped Aoves wouldn't mind either, despite her state. "No, no, mate..." The aussie dog said softly, "Come 'ere! Somebo'y 'ere I'd like ya t' meet. Certainly don't bite... Yet." He smiled more, allowing the sandy male room to move closer if he wished.

He watched Baird still, his grin unwaivering. "Lovely lil' fin', ain't 'e?" The dog was once again looking to his mate, tail wagging joyously. "Lil' Basil, me boy."Just being able to openly declare his own flesh and blood with such a name was beyond what words would even begin to describe; everything about the event was only becoming more and more surreal, unbelievable that this all was so suddenly happening.

And to think, this was one only of more to come.

((506))

Harvey Butler

Signature image by Gen
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Pablo
Luperci Mate to Aoves
How's Your Father?

POSTED: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:10 pm

aoves

Aoves found her grin reinforced by her mates admiration for their son, she'd known he'd be happy, but actually laying her eyes upon his look of joy cemented the moment in stone. With such emotions circulating, it was easy to ignore the fluid that pooled into the cloth beneath her, or the pains that she'd endured to bear it. The sounds of Baird arriving were met with a quick glance, and an understanding nod at his words, though at Harvey's owns reply, her eyes flashed quickly to the merle. Aoves had yet to feel the feral and instinctive protection motherhood caused, but now that the main distraction of pain had faded in its intensity, she felt an ounce self conscious of herself - she in a state far from her ladylike poise through a means that had been very unladylike in its own right.

She felt appreciation for the support from both of the men, and resolved to console herself with the words of her mate "Our little Basil." Her head bowed to lightly run her tongue over the babe's back, at which he burbled gently in drowsy protest, then nuzzling deeper into the thick fur of her chest. A last lick was tenderly given to the still damp puppy, a kiss for her child as he drifted off into a deeper sleep, still fatigue from his long journey from womb to world. Then her head turned quickly to her mate, eager to spare a quick lick upon one of the white cheeks with a happy bump of her nose. The next round had yet to come, but she felt the remaining offspring still stretching and stirring within her, and knew that the reprieve was likely soon to end.

((ooc))

ninette
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 am

WC: 218 OOC: Ugh, short, but better than nothing. Feel free to skip Baird for now, maybe he can be called in at the end? Up to you guys. :)

Baird faltered in his backing away, Harvey's words inviting him in. He looked to Aoves, this situation was ultimately controlled by her; she was the one in the compromising position and he was sure that she would prefer him to not be here, if only to preserve her dignity. He didn't want to cloud his view of her by seeing her in this situation either, it was a highly vulnerable and painful time for the female, yet he didn't want to shun his friend in all of his parental excitement. He lowered his eyes and shuffled into the room, tucking his tail between his legs and trying to avoid looking at the new mother. He raised his eyes to the pup and gasped in admiration, he was still damp and no more than a wriggling bundle of dark fur, but he was beautiful. The spark of affection and protectiveness rising once more in his chest. He knelt briefly beside Harvey and smiled at the blind pup, "G'day Basil. A pleasure to meet you little one." He placed his paw on Harvey's shoulder and grinned at him, "Congratulations guys." He stood up and started to move out of the room again, "Like I said, I'll leave you to it. I'll be in the living room if you need anything."

Djiacamo
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

He'd apologize later for making the scene so awkward by inviting the friend into a place while his mate was in such a vulnerable state, but at the time, something as life-changing as the birth of his own flesh and blood was an event he wanted his closest friends to be a part of. The emotions he felt dwelling within his chest, causing his heart to race and body to grow shaky, were impossible to explain through words; he felt more than great, and felt the best way to share that was to allow another the same experience. Thinking about it, the Brit understood it wasn't quite the same for dear Baird, as they weren't his children, but the shepherd felt the dingo should be at least invited to witness something to personal and beautiful, even to show how much of a friend Harv saw in the sandy canine.

The friendly paw upon his shoulder brought another grin to the Cockney male's face. If he had felt it appropriate, he could have adorned the dingo with kisses, he was so happy! But (likely luckily for the Aussie) staying by his mate's side satisfied him enough to subdue the plentiful silly urges. The merle smiled to Baird, giving a quick nod in thanks. "Gotcha, mate. I'll be sure t' let ya know if anyfin' 'appens an' we need ya." At the end, when all was settled and Aoves then had the time to do with herself what she wished, Harvey would likely welcome the dingo back in again, to see the whole litter. Until then, he could appreciate the space allowed for such a personal moment.

"'Ow are ya feelin', love?" The aussie dog asked the French female, nuzzling closely to her, trying his best to give comfort during such a painful process. "Do ya need anyfin'? Cold wa'eh, hot rag...?" He wasn't sure what one needed during a time like this, but after seeing how instincts had already taken place, Harv assumed if his love was in need of something, she'd know what, and why.

((345))

Harvey Butler

Signature image by Gen
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Pablo
Luperci Mate to Aoves
How's Your Father?

Dead Topics