[M] The Beast Returns

After vanishing from the lands of Souls for nearly a year; an ominous presence makes its comeback.

POSTED: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:42 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Important OOC Notice
Mature Content warning provided for the very real potential of such themes occurring. Prudence is primitive and highly prone to violence. Approach at your own risk.

Less Important OOC

• Quality > Quantity. I am not picky on post length! I'd rather you post two good sentences than a novel's worth of drawn out blabber.
• Despite the character, I myself am friendly and approachable! Never be afraid to contact me OOCly for any reason; be it to point out a spelling/grammar mistake, discuss a roleplay related issue, or simply say hi!

Roleplay Need-to-Knows
H4 - directly west of Limerick Triplets.
(Click to view)

Time
Approximately 12:30am

Climate
Sharp, yet minimalistic light provided by the moon; those not used to dark environments will have to strain their eyes to make out shapes that are not outlined with light, but are otherwise, not blind.
Subtle fog; clear seeing distance of approximately 30ft, with 'blindness' setting in around 150ft. The air is cool with a small, yet bitey chill. Those with short fur/a summer coat are more recipient to the cold.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

For a night in the wilderness, there was an eerie silence. No night birds sang, no crickets clicked their chiming songs, nor any other nocturnal creature made their abundant fuss in the darkness. Outside of the softly trickling lake waters, only one other sound carried; a dense, heavy crunching of fallen leaves and fickle twigs snapping under immense weight. The rhythm was uneven, and even stopped occasionally. If one concentrated their ears enough, they would pick up on the faint, subtle 'plip's of liquid droplets splatting against the cool, moist ground.

A clumsy form exits the treeline, the low moon's light highlighted an outline of prickled alabaster fur; giving a vague, yet solid shape. Heated breath is released in a gruff snort, appearing as illuminated steam against the crisp air. Wide spheres reflect a chilling yellow in the low light. Whilst one without night vision training could not properly interpret anatomy not touched by the light, even those who were borderline blind could make out a lifted forepaw; seldom touching the ground, and when it did, minimal weight was added and swiftly taken off. The beast had been injured, and any acute canine nose would be able to recognise the metallic, bittersweet scent of blood that radiated off the figure.

The goliath luperci limps onwards; keeping her wounded limb tucked close to her battered, bulky form as she slowly approached the lake's curved bed. Small puddles of red leave a grim trail in her wake, along with deep, unsteady pawprints that sink into the wet ground beneath. There is a soft splashing as her remaining, unaffected forepaw steps wrist-deep into the dark water's edge; only then, does her behemoth figure come to a stop.

Some moments of eerie stillness passes, then slowly, the neck of the she-beast - more akin to that of a fluffy bull than a wolf - bends downwards, bringing the beast's stained muzzle to the waters surface. A tongue broad enough to fill the palm of a small adult reaches out, curling backwards as it plunges into the water; the sounds of the drinking beast were thick, and wet. Easily heard from afar, as yellow eyes remained peeled for any sign of movement.
Loners
Wolf
Prudence
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:11 am

(000) here we are >:D

It was the scent of blood that led him off his original course towards the smell. Anything that smelled of blood was an opportunity for him. Anything that was injured was an easier kill. As he stalked forward, coming up from what he thought was behind the creature - the wolf - he couldn’t help but feel like this scent was one he had smelled before. One he had found utterly intriguing, promising himself he would never forget it again; but yet, here he was wracking his brain trying to remember why he thought it so important.

It was only when he came upon the beast that he recognized why he held the scent so dear. It had been the large, beastly female he had found in the woods that night. The beastly female that threatened him, that would kill him if he took another step toward her. The one he thought was so hot. And now, here he was, blessed with her presence once more.

He had not come upon behind her like he thought, but instead, he stood again on the other side of the river - orange hues to yellow - watching her drink, watching her tense, watching her growl. His body had not responded to the threat of possible being torn apart. Instead, he smile maliciously, clasping his fingers in front of his waist.

”It must be destiny that we keep meeting like this...” he purred, walking fearlessly to the other side of the water’s edge, which was daringly close to the other Luperci. ”You seem hurt. I would offer to lick your wounds... but perhaps you’d want help in getting even?”

I looked through your frame
Izual Massacre
and watched death go by
Anathema
Zepar
Sammiie
Luperci
LET OUT THE BEAST

POSTED: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 am

Prudence
"I hear your heart go pitter patter"
The Beast Returns | Night | West of Limerick Triplets
(OOC) DOHOHOHOHO >:D
WORD COUNT

Great gulps of liquid cause a subtle lump to rhythmically travel down the mountainous Lupercis neck. Each splashing of a broad, pink surface sinking into the lake causing a cascade of ripples to disturb the still waters surface. Eyes more akin to a demon of myth and legend remain peeled and slowly swivelling. Gnarled ears, each with their fair share of torn out chunks, clips and missing fur, twitch and flicker in the stillness. Such a serene setting was not to last, when those yellow diamonds from hell detected movement in the corner of their peripheral sight. As if it had been yanked by an invisible rope, Prudences head jerked upwards; thick hybrid rivulets of salivation and water rolling free of her bottom jaw with the sudden action.

One deep inhale was all it took. She didn't even need to see the creature before she fully recognised him. Who could forget such a ghastly, egotistical, audacious individual?

Prudences lips pucker around the front of her snout, ears pointing forward on full alert, with those blunt ivory knives on full display. Red gums gleam ominously in the moons light, a thick plume of heated breath dancing almost gracefully as a thunderous snarl tore free of the females curled lips. Her wet tongue slides forward, slapping at her upper teeth and the base of her sensitive nose before disappearing, causing those momentarily parted incisors to snap together. Causing a sharp, carrying sound.

The goliath stares down the coyote-dominant hybrid as he draws near. Prudence rises to a stand, purposely doing so slowly, as to add a deep set intimidation factor as her truly immense size became apparent. She far outclassed the thinner, more athletic canine with her dense musculature alone; let alone how she towered above him. Her broad form casting a foreboding shadow across him, only made bigger with her ragged, bloodstained fur standing on end.

Even though it pained her to do so, she was not about to risk looking weak or disadvantaged in front of Izual. She pulls her wounded, bleeding arm away from her chest and lets it hang at her side, mirroring its twin. Pain shot all throughout her limb and into her shoulders, but the goliath steeled herself. Dripping claws unsheathe and twitch in the darkness, her body language growing more vicious, more rigid, the closer he came. She almost wanted to pin her ears just to try and shut out his voice.

Once Izual threatened to step into reaching distance, Prudence brought a hindpaw upwards and promptly stomped it into the ground; causing a mild reverberation through the wet sand and soil as she hunched her back forwards. Her neck stretches towards him, deadly jaws parting in a monstrous bellow; blasting foul scented breath directly at him. Warning him, not to dare put another toe forward.

"I want your liver on a platter"
Template by Andi | Image
Loners
Wolf
Prudence
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:34 am

(000) sorry for my terrible wait! I saw your update about giving Pru a break while you play your secondary, and that's fine with me! I'm slow anyway xD. OH and a possible correction: IDK how tall Prudence is, but Izual's 6'10" in Optime form... so she may not really "tower" over him unless she's insanely tall xD

As he came forward, closing the distance between them with each sure step, she seemed to coil like a snake preparing to strike. Izual watched her, but with his cocky ways and arrogant stature, he wasn’t afraid of this display. She didn’t strike fear into his heart – even if she were to attack him. Izual was incapable of fear – and whether that was really a strength or a weakness, it didn’t matter at this moment. If he was attacked, he’d defend himself; but realistically, he enjoyed the company of the savage female and didn’t have any plans of destroying her life today.

Relax,” he called over her monstrous snarls, the foul-smelling roar she blew into his face as he stopped just at the edge of the river. ”I don’t hurt friends, remember? We could’ve went to blows the first time we met, but we didn’t. And I don’t intend to now… so are you gonna answer me, or should I start growling, too?” Perhaps if he did, she’d understand him better. It would seem the savage female, what little he knew about her, was more familiar in speaking with their old language – through body language and guttural sounds. And while that was fun sometimes – especially during sex – it was not the way most Luperci functioned in Nova Scotia. He certainly wasn’t used to deciphering it all the time.

”So, ya gonna tell me who we’re gonna kill?” he asked again, nodding to her injury. ”Because I simply can’t wait.”

I looked through your frame
Izual Massacre
and watched death go by
Anathema
Zepar
Sammiie
Luperci
LET OUT THE BEAST

Western Forefront