[M] And we peer through the glass of those empty households

FoL scavenging thread! | Branta Stretch

POSTED: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:55 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Coming up along Branta Stretch, passing beyond Canaan Bog, Elle and Keabetswe discovered a small cabin. It was hidden away behind a wall of trees and brush, but without leaves and wild grass to block it away from passersby, it could be spotted with relative ease to those with scavenging in mind. Glancing at her companion, Elle gestured toward the little structure and suggested that they investigate it. With only a nod in response, the curly-coated Cormier guided her mount toward the thicket.

They had to dismount from their respective mares and lead them carefully through the wood, clearing away sticks and brush as best they could. The process was slow-going and tedious, resulting in a great deal of burrs and pickers poking at her curly fur and tickling her skin. But for Betsy, with her smooth fur and short coat, the going was considerably less uncomfortable (though no more easy). After a time, they broke through the thicket and stared, panting, at the little cabin.

Tethering Gda to a tree, Keabetswe furrowed her brows at Elle. "This had better be worth all of this," she said, gesturing loosely to the wood.

"Ne shit. Ah'll feckin' lose it if it ain't," Elle grumbled back, tying off her own mare and starting for the cabin.

They investigated the outside of it cautiously, peering in windows and sniffing at cracks, until they felt confident enough to tug open the slightly ajar door and step tentatively inside.

OOC: Marked M for Elle's pottymouth. Other KR members are welcome if you'd like to piggyback this for the Festival of Luck!

[WC — 248]

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Mandi
Luperci
these rules are made to break

POSTED: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Ooc: Not a Krokarian, but this is still in neutral territory so I hope you don’t mind me here.

Sineria wandered through the woods again in search of any remains from humans. He hadn’t found much thus far unfortunately, so he didn’t feel all too positive right now. That being said he was still optimistic that he would come across something interesting sooner or later while he traveled around the area. He again atempted to use his optime form and he used it now as he walked, through the woods. The brush of the surroundings didn’t bother the white wolf much with his thick fur, however he did try as best he could to watch his step.

Eventually Sineria paused and his ears perked up at the sound of clopping. "Horses?" Sineria thought to himself not quite sure if he had met anyone with his own pack that had such creatures as pets, so he curiousity was peaked. So he made his way towards the sound and he paused when he saw a figure dismount from a horse as he stared out from the bushes.

Sineria wasn’t sure if he should greet this individual or not, and he trusted his gut more than anything right now. So he slowly motioned to turn around and slowly sneak away when his paw came down upon a stray thorn that stuck up from a briar patch and he yowled loudly,"Ah c...crap!!" Sineria hopped around on one paw and he tried to remove whatever he had stepped on, but he ended up falling backwards out of the bushes from where he was and he hit the ground with a thud.

Word count: 263
No matter what the situation is....
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Raze
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I

POSTED: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:28 pm

Lifting their wedge-shaped heads, the horses swiveled sharp ears and scented the air with widened nostrils. They seemed to sense that someone was in the brush but they appeared to be entirely unsure. With large eyes, they looked about themselves and stayed still and alert.

Then, quite suddenly, the forest erupted in sound and, with a thud!, the figure of an ivory Luperci broke through the brambles and lay on his back. Startled, the horses shifted their weight and tugged on their reins, but they did not fight to break free. They knew Luperci to be friendly and seemed to trust this one to be, as well.

But the Krokarans were not so trusting.

Both women had already stepped inside the creepy little cabin, their movements stiff and cautious. Whoever had taken up residence in this little rotten home had long ago vacated it but that didn't mean there couldn't be other dangers. Another animal could have claimed the space as its own, after all, or–

There was a howl of pain from outside and both women jumped, then froze in their tracks. Elle turned back around and poked her head carefully out the door. "Wha' th' feck!?" she barked, glowering at the ivory Luperci. Throwing caution to the wind, Elle stepped out of the cabin toward her, Keabetswe following after.

She craned her neck over the stranger's body, looking down at him. "Tryin' te steal our horses, were ye?" she asked gruffly. But when his packscent reached her, her expression softened. "Wait... where aare ye froom?" Elle thought of her meeting with Calia at Mistfell Vale's borders – thought of how the woman and the border had smelled – and was confident that she could be right.

OOC: No problem at all! Thank you for joining! c:

[WC — 291]

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:50 am

Sineria stared up at the one who looked down at him and he shook his head rapidly and said,"N...No...n...no, I...I d....don’t do th...that at all! I’m j...just n....not used t...to optime f...f....form, a....and I s...stepped o...on something sharp." Sineria then paused when she asked where he was from and he replied,"M.....Mistfell V....Vale, I...I’m Sineria a...and I’m f....from Mistfell Vale, or W....Winterwynd within it."

Sineria sat up and he brushed himself off, and then he crossed his right leg over his left to see what he had stepped on. It was a thorn of course, and Sineria stared at it for a couple months before he reached out to it. He then pulled out the thorn and winced at the pain and whimpered before he turned his head back around towards the two females. "Wh....Where are y...you f...from? Wh...who a...are you?" Sineria asked then he attempted to get to his feet, and he fumbled a bit while trying to do so but eventually stood back up on two legs. He then looked back towards the two females and smiled nervously, and he blushed a bit out of embarrassment from everything that just happened.

Word count: 223
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Raze
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I

POSTED: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Elle's brows hung heavy over sea-green eyes and she pursed her lips disapprovingly. "Aye, clearly," she muttered under her breath. Folding her arms over her chest, the curly-coated Cormier was impatient to make sense of the stranger's stuttering response. When it was finally confirmed that he – Sineria – was, in fact, from Mistfell Vale, Elle shrugged and loosened her arms again. "Chill th' feck oot then, man. As long as yer froom Mistfell Vale an' ye ain't stealin' our mounts, yer safe."

Standing next to her companion, Keabetswe perched her hands atop her hips and watched with sharp eyes as Sineria pulled his injured paw up to inspect it carefully. She was silent and her face was expressionless, tawny eyes following each movement smoothly. Elle poked her with her elbow. "Stop bein' creepy, fer Goddess' sake," she said in a hushed voice, to which Betsy only glowered back. Both women flicked their eyes back on Sineria when he spoke, acting as though they'd been caught doing something inappropriate.

"Krokar," Betsy replied simply, returning to watching the white wolf unblinkingly.

"Hev ye heard o' us? Ah met Calia – she's yer, uh..." Elle scrambled to remember the woman's rank. "Nightdeer or somethin', aye? Anywey, Ah met her an' did a spot o' tradin'. Ah though tha' Ah recognized tha' smell on ye."

"What business do you have in this place?" Betsy asked, not unkindly.

Elle looked from her companion to the Arctic wolf. "Aye, wha' brings ye o'er here?"

[WC — 255]

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Sineria paused and recalled the name and nodded,"Y...Yeah, I h...heard of y...you. I...I know Calia t...too." Sineria listened to what she said and he replied,"I c....collect h...human stuff, t...take them a...apart and m...make n....new things, or a...at least I hope to." Sineria then peered back at the cabin and he tilted his head curiously at the sight. "I...I don’t c...creep I...I was just I...interested is all, a...and I d...didn’t know who y....you w...were until I...I..." Sineria stammered on for a bit then he shook his head to refocus himself then paused and said,"S...sorry, th...that h...happens s..sometimes."

Sineria then peered back towards the cabin once again, and his curiosity continued to grow by each time he saw it. He hadn’t seen anything like that used for an actual shelter, although he didn’t doubt that it could be used as a shelter if need be. Nonetheless Sineria's awkward glances soon prompted him for exploration, and he turned back to the ladies and asked,"I...is th...that some s...sort of sh....shelter? I...I mean if it’s h...human then I'd a...at least l...like to look around, s...so can I? Please?"

Word count: 228
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Raze
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I

POSTED: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:24 pm

Lifting her brindled brows, Elle considered his explanation curiously. "Human shit?" she said, glancing at Betsy from the corners of her eyes but receiving no look in return. Being a woman born and raised in a community with evidence of such beings sprinkled throughout, the knowledge that something had lived and worked in their homelands long before they did was an common one. But Elle had never given those creatures much thought and had never, to the best of her recollection, heard of them being referred to as "human." She had more important things to worry about: like finding valuable items and eventually trading those items for a horse.

"What is it that you make from the things that you collect?" Betsy asked, watching as the wolf continued to peer curiously at the little cabin.

Elle turned to look at it as well. "Aye, it reminds me o' th' cabins we hev in Krokar," she said. "Feck if Ah knaa if it's a human thing, but aye. Betsy an' me were jus' aboot te check it oot. Ah guess ye can coome with." Keabetswe shrugged indifferently when Elle glanced her direction.

"Ah'm Elle, by th' wey. Elle Cormier," she offered as she started toward the cabin, not bothering to turn her head to look at Sineria as she offered her name.

Betsy followed after her. "Is there anything specific that you are looking for?" she asked Sineria.

[WC — 239]

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:40 am

Sineria paused then a small smile appeared on his face, and his ears were kept lowered on his head as he nodded. "Th...thank you," He said then he let out a sigh of relief. "I h...hope there’s a...at least s...something I...in there. I...I haven’t f...found anything a...saw f...far as h...human t...trinkets today s...so I hope th...there’s something inside h...here." Sineria exclaimed then he looked from one female to the other, and he saw the horses again.

"Y....you can have f..first dibs on a...anything in there. Y...you d...did find it f...first after all." Sineria exclaimed and he looked back towards the cabin and paused. "I....I'be seen h...human stuff k....kind of l...like this before, b....but not th...this before. D...down in St. John th...there’s all s....sorts of b...big things l...like this. E...except St. J...John h...had m...much b...bigger s....structures, b...but they’re a...all crumbled d...down there." Sineria then turned back to them and said,"S...sorry, I d...don’t know t...too much about h...humans."

Word count: 208
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Raze
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I

POSTED: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Elle considered him a moment before starting for the cabin, thinking about Malcolm. Sineria's meek and nervous demeanor reminded her of her adopted brother, though it seemed to Elle that this wolf had more bravery and confidence than Mal had. But as she thought this, the sudden realization that this was untrue blindsided her like a slap to the face. She staggered in the doorway, pausing uncertainly for just a moment before pushing her way inside.

The thing was, in the end, Mal had been braver than either she or Fionny were. He had left Krokar to search for their mother, after all, while they remained behind to live their selfish lives. "Feckin' goddess," Elle muttered under her breath as she entertained these thoughts, hating them; hating him; hating her.

Keabetswe, meanwhile, stayed in pace with the timid Mistwalker. "I am sure that the things you are looking for will not be anything we are interested in," she replied as she slipped inside the cabin after her companion, oblivious to how superior and smug she sounded. "We are looking for things that will have value and use. What are these... trinkets... that you are looking for?" She glanced expectantly back at Sineria.

Picking her way through the cabin, her mood surly now, Elle cast her eyes around in search of old jars or tools or nails that could be useful to Krokar. Stepping toward the corner of a dark, damp room, Elle knelt and dug carefully through the contents of an old wooden crate. The items inside – a collection of old cassette tapes in various stages of destruction and decay – were garbage to her, but the crate might be of some use.

[WC — 283]

Last edited by Elle Cormier on Thu May 03, 2018 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Sineria followed the two krokarians into the cabin and he looked around the cabin with them, and his ears perked up at Betsy's question. "Oh...w...well I...I guess m...maybe t...tools? M...mostly j...just d...different and old t...tech l...left b...behind. Stuff th...that is m..mysterious a....and w...weird. I...I want t....to study h...human stuff s...so I c...could m...maybe remake s...some stuff th...that they used, and m...maybe even m...make s...something new too."

Sineria then turned around and smiled awkwardly and said,"Heh, th....that’s why I j...just ask th...that y...you j...just give m...me what’s l...left over." He then looked around the cabin in wonder and took mental notes at everything he saw now compared to what he observed before near his own home. The cabin was certainly much smaller than the structures at St. John, and he wondered just how diverse humans were before them. "H...Hey," Sineria said and looked over at Elle,"D...do you know a...anything about h...humans? A...about Wh...why s..some of th...these p...places a...are big a...and others small like this?"

Word count: 212
Last edited by Sineria on Thu May 03, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Raze
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I

Dead Topics