Re: m- i ain't gonna hold on to these monsters anymore

bael

POSTED: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:29 am

2+

Green eyes rolled as the dappled woman reached a gloved hand towards the dark gelding, running it down his broad face. "Du machst dir zu wenig Sorgen ..." Saga retorted quietly, moving from steed to steed, appraising each one carefully. "Wie viel weiß du über Pferde?" she asked of her brother. Admittedly, the time she'd spent around the creatures was incredibly limited. She knew enough to avoid sickly or injured horses, and enough too to avoid those with personalities that would prove troublesome. Saga doubled back again, joining Baelish at the side of the amber-tinged gelding.

Soon the siblings were rejoined by the trader, who greeted them gruffly, obviously eager to see the pair gone. Saga gave Martin a derisive look, but in an instant, Baelish seemed to remember something. What specifically that was, was beyond Saga and his words caused her brow to furrow in mild confusion. The merchant was quick to tell the waspish boy to stop mumbling to himself and the dappled creature was quick to pick up on her brother's gestures. Be ambitious, it said, and she obeyed, turning to the merchant with steely determination. 'The dark gelding', she said simply, 'What do you want for it'.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
Luperci Lucky Little Leaf
der schein trügt
ursa major

POSTED: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:54 pm

OOC :: Words→ +3

Baelish stood back, arms crossed, a grin on his face, and his eyes glittering with possibilities. Saga was quick to pick up on his turn of mood, and boldly asked the merchant about the gelding. Martin at first looked confused, like he hadn’t quite heard her, but then his eyes flitted to the horse, and then back to the mottled girl, "What, you’re serious?" He looked at Baelish as if to confirm, and the D’Angelo male just smiled toothily at him.

Now looking very perturbed, but managing to keep it together as to not show his female friend that two kids could get under his skin, the wolf-dog crossed his arms high on his chest, "Ain’t for sale… unless you happen to have some well-made weapons for trade? Hmmm…." He stepped back, looking them up and down, "I don’t see any strapped to your backs, so I doubt you have that to offer. The gelding it worth at least two dozen feather fletched arrows, maybe a sharp sword or two, even a few throwing knives and some whetstones. Got any of that?"

Baelish stepped forward with hands up to keep the male from continuing in his condescending tone, "No harm in asking." He said, "Truly though, we came here for some livestock. We would like some chickens, a sow and hog, maybe a goose to keep predators away. In return we have some sap, smooth porcelain pieces, a good bit of rope and paper."

At the word paper, Martin’s ears raised, "Paper you say?" But then, trying not to seem to eager, he backed off, "All that’s worth a few chickens and the goose and hog, but not the sow. The sow’s early on pregnant, it would be like getting six pigs for the price of one. If you don’t have anything better than that, you ain’t getting her."

Baelish puckered up his lips, the smile still there, and slid his eyes to Saga to see if she wanted in on the bargaining; he already had his trump card in his back pocket, it was only a matter of time.

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:03 am

This is not a fire drill, It's harmonic connection, and stereos in biosis

She held the merchant with her gaze, steely and quite serious. She didn't ever turn he gaze sideways to see her brother's reaction. No doubt it was a grin, displaying fine white, pointed teeth, his usual visage. She knew from the aura that radiated from him he was scheming, from the look they had shared previously too. Though she could not begin to predict what was swirling around his brain, making the cogs and gears whirr violently, she hoped it was something good.

The trader gruffly declined their inquiry, much as she had expected him too. His price for the horse, whether it was fair or not, Saga truly had no clue, was outlandish, and even if it had been fair, the mottled girl would have balked at spending such a vast amount on a horse of all things.

Baelish took a step forward to silence Martin, a motion of which Saga was thankful of. The man was grating on her last nerves fiercely after all. Her brother made his request and seemingly was getting somewhere with it. The trader was quick to show interest but reeled himself back in. Obviously fixing to undersell them.

Though his offer was good, it was understandable that the siblings would want to haggle. 'Paper is a rare commodity.' she argued, 'I'm sure you need it for the bookkeeping you obviously undertake.' In all reality, she doubted this guy keep any real records of what he sold and bought. 'You can trade it for twice what you get for it - and rope - I'm sure you've a great need for rope in your business.'

Green eyes sought her brother's pumpkin ones. A silent signal, the passing of an invisible baton, to say it was his turn to deal with the merchant and his underhand dealings again.

OOC 3+

Image Credits: Daveynin, Ian BC North, & Jason Carpenter . Table by Gen.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
der schein trügt
ursa major

POSTED: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:55 pm

OOC :: Words→ +5

Martin frowned as Saga spoke, it was clear that what she said was true, and he reached up to stroke the fuzz around his maw; he hated to give in so easily, but he was in great need of paper, and rope too was always good, "Let me see the goods." He said, and Baelish was quick to retrieve said items from their packs for Martin to inspect.

As the wolf-dog rifled through the papers and ran the rope through his paws, it was clear he was calculating everything in his mind, and then, sighed, his shoulder drooping for a moment before he stood tall again, "Ok, fair enough trade, even with the pregnant sow. This is some of the best damn paper I’ve ever seen." His gaze softened a bit, as he reached out a paw to Saga to close the deal.

But before his sister could even move, Baelish stepped forward, almost in between the two of them, "The gelding." he said coolly, with a smile, "I’d like to talk about the gelding some more."

Obviously miffed now, Martin took a step back and showed Baelish his teeth, "You can’t afford it." He said through gritted teeth, and Baelish leaned in towards him, unaffected by the male’s threatening posture, "Oh, I know I can’t. But I don’t think you can either." His words came out like a snake’s hiss through his grinning teeth. Baelish then stood back tall again, leaning slightly backwards, he turned his head to Martin’s female companion, "You two seem to be very close. A new mate-ship I would recon, planning on having pups soon?" Martin seemed a bit taken aback and confused at the sudden turn in conversation, he looked at his mate with a raised brow (she was not paying them any mind and was speaking to another customer now), before turning back to Baelish, "So? What of it? What does this have to do with the horse?" He was perturbed and confused and obviously getting near to the end of his patience with the young D’Angelo.

Baelish smiled and nodded sagely, before taking a step back towards Martin, very close to him, almost uncomfortably close; he spoke almost in a whisper, "Wouldn’t it be a terrible thing for her to learn that her new mate, were fooling around with some trollop on the outskirts of town?"

Martin’s confused face suddenly flashed with fear, and then anger; he growled low, "You son of a bitch, you wouldn’t…" Baelish was surprised that Martin had taken his word for it. He had seen the older wolf-dog engaged with a young coyote girl as they had entered the camp the night before, he was sure Saga had not missed it either. This was why Baelish had felt Martin was so familiar, and why he was so full of delight when he had realized it. But still, he had expected the male to call him a liar, said he had the wrong dog, but neither happened. It seemed that his relationship with his female friend was a fragile thing, something he wished to protect. Perfect.

Baelish’s grin turned into a smile, a soft smile, one almost of sympathy, "The gelding." He said.

Martin’s face twisted with all kinds of emotions, and then, suddenly, defeat. He quickly grabbed all the items Baelish and Saga had offered for trade, "Take your animals and get the fuck out of here." He said low and angrily.

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:11 pm

2+

Baelish hurried of quickly to retrieve their items and when he returned with them they were hastily accepted by the merchant. On the instant the merchant held out his hand, mere seconds before Saga was about to take it, her brother again interjected. She shot him a covert look, but it was returned with one that told her "just trust me" and begrudgingly she did.

What transpired next was like something from fiction, Saga thought, one eyebrow cocked in disbelief. For once she actually appreciated her brother's lingering, eavesdropping, and general spying. It had benefited them greatly, now she saw, for her straightforwardness would have robbed them of this vital piece of gossip which had now rendered the merchant useless in all bargaining.

The rest of the items were snatched away from the sibling's grasps and with that, the merchant spat his orders for them to leave. Saga gestured for Baelish to take command of the animals, as a childish voice inside her head decided to push it boundaries.

'You're fortunate we decided to leave you with the rope and paper instead of leaving you with nothing...' she warned softly, hopefully he had more of a brain that to set his friends (if he even had any) on the pair before they'd even set off for home.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
der schein trügt
ursa major

Dead Topics