[M] And if you can stay then I'll show you the way

For Twelve

POSTED: Sun May 26, 2019 6:18 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

All things truly wicked start from Innocence

Dahlia had to admit, that given the time since she had first gotten him, Spitfire had relaxed slightly. Slightly. The horse was still very much a hot head, and even when they were out riding, she wasn't sure if she could trust the horse not to try and take control away from her at any given moment. There wasn't much that she would be able to do against the animal, given her lack of experience when it came to this sort of thing. Thankfully, nothing had happened...

Yet. That didn't mean something couldn't happen at any given moment.

The gray coyote stretched as she woke up, having noticed right away that Boone was already gone. He was always one to get up earlier than she did, which was a bit surprising considering the Cartel's usual night time gatherings. Guess he was just more of a morning person. She soon made her way out of the tent, slipping into her top and shorts, as it was the quickest thing to grab.

Coming out from her dwelling, she was greeted by the faces of her horses. Spirit had always been so docile, and so much easier to take care of. Spitfire tossed his head and mane about gently to the sight of her, causing her to move over to him, giving him gentle pats along his cheek. There was only so much that she could do for him, but best to show at least no... disdain for the animal.

Untying the stallion from his post, She began to lead him a short distance away, soon making sure all his gear was in order before moving up onto the stallion's back. It took her a moment to get her balance, but she was soon sitting up straight. Spitfire gave a small shake of his head before moving forward to Dahlia's kick. So far so good.

She did not know how much trust she could lend in this horse, but at least it was some progress that he was letting her ride at a walk with no problems. Guess he too was getting used to the fact that she was the one taking care of him now, not whatever owner he had before.

Thread is backdated to before recent events. I guess we'll figure out a date later. Let me know if there is anything you want me to change. +300 words.

Last edited by Dahlia de le Poer on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena
LuperciChaos Star You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Thu May 30, 2019 2:44 pm

no spirit is unbreakable, given time, and the whip

Twelve was out riding today, and sober. Sometimes, most of the time, it was a good thing to be sober on the back of an animal that could easily kill you. She had never been the best to follow that rule, but luckily her mule was tame and responsive enough to his owner that she needn’t worry if she got to hammered in the saddle.

The only thing that made sobriety palatable was riding though, she loved to ride, she always had. She loved horses, and mules, even llamas and deer and zebras; anything that could be ridden really. And, she had always had an affinity for those beasts of burden, while many might bolt and kick at even the mere presence of a predator like coyote, with her they had always seemed calm. Must be the smell; manure was like a perfume for Twelve.

It was overcast today, and slightly chilly; the sky threatened spring showers, but so far it was dry. They moved at brisk pace, a lively canter, Orville’s body like fluid beneath her. She had made a good decision by stealing him, even when she could have availed herself to much fancier thoroughbred horses. But the donkey part of him made him sturdy, he had never let her down.

His long ears flopped lazily with each step, but suddenly became erect when he heard the approach of a horse. Twelve looked up to see a woman on the back of a golden stallion; she brought Orville to a slow walk as they approached; she didn’t know if this person was friend or foe, but she looked familiar at least, and coyote.

OOC || +275

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Nat
Luperci Venerate savagery, Die savagely

POSTED: Fri May 31, 2019 9:23 am

It seemed that Spitfire had been catching on more and more with each ride that his rider was constantly wary of him. Though the animals could not speak, that didn't mean they weren't talking in their own way. There were some few times where he had tried to take advantage of her, but she had been quick enough to real him back in.

That didn't mean that it was easy to keep him under control. She could hardly tell if this was some kind of play or joke on her to show that she lacked the experience needed for this, or if in a way, he was trying to help her. One couldn't tell with this hot-head.

Green gaze turned up towards the sky, having noticed the overcast weather. Perhaps now was not the best time to have gone out, but so long as she was able to get back to the camp before any rain hit them, there should be no issue.

When the gray coyote's gaze came back down, there was a familiar figure, well figures, in her path. The mule had been easy to make out, and then the gray, scarred rider on his back became clear as well. The last time she had seen Twelve was when her and Wayne had found her, drunk and out on her own. It had been by their hands that she had gotten to the Posse safely.

Pulling back slightly on the reins, she matched along with the mule's walk, coming closer to the pair before she spoke up, "I certainly hope you are sober this time around. I can't imagine having carry you back drunk again."

+200 words.

Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena

POSTED: Fri May 31, 2019 8:29 pm

The woman seemed to recognize her, and pulled up her steed to match Orville’s pace, though Twelve did notice the jerkiness with which she moved her stallion.

Cool eyes half-lidded, Twelve regarded her with suspicion as he did with all strangers and especially those who acted like they knew more than she did. The words out of the spotted eared woman’s mouth though sparked recognition of Twelve’s own. Ahhh… you must be Dah Lee Lah Day Lay Pore. She said, drawing back the name that Wayne had told her. One of her angelic saviors it appeared, S’pose you want pay back for saving my ass, eh? She asked, pushed Orville over to nudge against the Cartel members horse.

It didn’t like that.

The stallion whinnied and nipped at her mule, and she drew him away, That animal has quite the spirit. Who’s riding who, I wonder. She mused with a shit-eating grin on her face, Having trouble with him are you? It was clear in the uncertain way the woman sat on the saddle that that much was true.

The coyote woman stuck her hand out to the girl, feeling especially civilized, Name’s Twelve, pleasure to meet you I s’pose. She then turn to spit into the grass to the side, Sky’s about to piss, we might want to find a place to hole up. And just like that, the light pitter-patter of rain drops hitting the cool earth could be heard.

OOC || +242

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Nat

POSTED: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Dahlia had never really considered the option of getting something in return for bringing Twelve back to the rest of the Posse. It had just been a decision she had made in the moment, Wayne having been the one to prompt the two of them to consider the options. Then again, who knew what would happen if they had just left her where they had found her. She would probably still be there, passed out or found another way to get drunk.

At least in some regard, she was still able to do that, but she had more protection now.

The gray coyote gave a small shrug to the darker woman, "Suppose if you want to. Wasn't really expecting anything in return." If anything, the fact that Nazario might gain some more trust in her for helping others and the Posse had been the greatest thing she could ever get.

Dahlia's head moved down to the horse under her, considering Twelve's words. He had moved forward when she wasn't paying attention, nipping at the woman's mule. Once she saw what was going on, she pulled back on the reins, turning the horse around so there would be some more distance between them. Everyone needed their space, even animals.

She gave a heavy sigh, holding the reins a bit tighter so she could feel if Spitfire was moving again, "You could say that." Once she saw that Twelve's hand stretched out, she pulled the horse close enough that she could meet the handshake, "Pleasure. You already know my name."

Green gaze turned up towards the sky. The coyote must not have noticed how dark they were getting with how much focus had been on Spitfire. Nodding in agreement to the suggestion, she moved her hands up, "Go ahead and lead the way. You probably know of a better place than I do."

+300 words.

Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena

POSTED: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:41 pm

The frustration was apparent on the coyote’s face as she corrected her stallion, poorly at that. Twelve would have laughed if it wasn’t such an awkward thing to watch. Still, she didn’t judge the girl too harshly; horses were hard to fully gentle, let alone make perfect for riding; it took a lot of time and a lot of patience, two things which many canines lacked.

As it began to drizzle, Dahlia suggested they find some shelter, and for Twelve to lead the way because she obviously was the one to know where to go, Sure as shit don’t, sister! Twelve said, a grin on her face, But that big ol’ tree over there will suffice. And with that she turned her mule to go find a place to hitch up under a nearby chestnut tree.

There didn’t seem to be any danger of lightning, so holing up under the canopy of a big tree like this didn’t come with any danger. They’d still get a bit damp, and Twelve suspected they wouldn’t have to stay long, as most of the rains recently went as quickly as they came.

Once they were under the cover of the leaves above, Twelve dismounted and tied Orville to a low hanging branch, before arching her back to crack it; she snorted, and then spit into the grass before looking over at her wayward companion, You stink of horses. Got more than one? What’s your fella’s backstory, eh? You might if I check his hooves? It might come off as a strange question to the light gray female, but Twelve swore up and down that with equines and bovines the hooves were always like an open book of their current health.

OOC || +286

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Nat

POSTED: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:32 am

Dahlia honestly didn't know what she was thinking in offering to have the woman that was drunk upon meeting her to be the one to lead the way to find shelter. It seemed she some what shared this same feeling. Even so, she said everything with a grin, and she couldn't help but join in the small amount of fun, "Boy, you sure are a huge amount of help."

The darker gray coyote had suggested that they take shelter under the tree, to which she had agreed. The two of them made their way to the shelter, still feeling some raindrops hit her pelt, but it was better to get slightly wet than to get caught in the rain.

As they moved under the tree, the gray woman had dismounted from Spitfire, tying the reins to the tree, just as Twelve was doing with her own mule. The horse gave a small few flicks of his head before relaxing at his post. A soft sigh passed through her lips as she went to join the other woman under the branches of the tree.

Twelve had been quick to point out that she smelled of horses. Guess someone with more intellect on the matter would be able to pick up on something like that. Giving a nod, she stretched out her legs, "Yeah, I have more than one. When Inferni disbanded, my sister had picked one of the older horses, Spirit. He's far more docile than this one. He came from some other loners that had no use for them anymore."

It was hard to judge how others in the Cartel or the Posse would feel about the idea of theft for the goods and items they needed.

Dahlia's head tilted to the side, "Check his hooves? What for?"

+300 words.

Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena

POSTED: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:20 pm

Twelve didn’t really wait for Lahdeeda to give her permission, instead she went over to the stallion. He eyed her warily, but when she offered a hand he did reach out to sniff it. Alright, not too wild then, he sought out the physical touch of his own accord.

Once that initial greeting was over, she moved to touch him on the face. Still, no real reaction so she allowed her hand to trail to his neck. His skin flickered under her touch like a flame, as if he was trying to rid himself of a fly, and he took a half step back away from her. Alright, this one had some personal-bubble issues, but nothing that couldn’t be fixed.

La La confirmed she did have another horse, and prattled on about her sister, and something disbanding, Twelve really couldn’t make sense of it and she didn’t really care.

The scarred woman ran a hand down the stallion’s front leg, You check the hooves to make sure they’re healthy. We’re able to pull thorns from between our paw-pads but horses aren’t so lucky. She paused and then looked up at her green-eyed companion, Wait, you tellin’ me you haven’t even had your horses hooves trimmed? Or even looked at? Her eyes were wide with shock; who were these mountain heathens?

Her hand had lingered too long on the horse’s knee and he pulled back abruptly and nipped at her, Whoa, hold your teeth there mister. She then went back down and pulled up his front hoof. He resisted, but she held strong, and looking him harshly in his eye, Don’t fuck with me hay-for-brains.

She managed to get a decent look at his hoof before he broke her grasp. Once again, dirty hooves, his frog was overgrown and there was some chipping, Hmmm. She said, as she stood up, I’m guessing there ain’t no way I’m picking up his back hoof without losing some teeth. He’s a piece of work this one.

OOC || +3

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Nat

POSTED: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:31 am

Dahlia's head moved over as she watched the darker gray woman move over towards her horse. Given that she didn't know how to handle Spitfire, perhaps it would be better for her to take a chance with him before moving forward. Even so, she watched the way that the woman approached him, the way that her hands moved and allowed the horse to react to them before moving on. Boy it should would have been nice to know about all this.

She stepped a bit closer with Twelve as she explained that checking the hooves were how one checked for the horse's health. One could argue looking at other parts of them could tell just as much, but she was in no position to be saying otherwise.

When that shocked blue gaze turned on her, Dahlia threw her arms into the air, "Do I look like I know how to take care of a horse? I can barely ride this little shit without worry he's going to buck me off." She would like to be able to take care of and ride Spitfire more confidently. Now that Hope was here, perhaps things would get better with his care, but she had to do the brunt of the work.

This was her horse after all.

Green gaze followed along again, watching as Twelve worked with getting the horse to lift his hoof. Of course, he acted as he usually did, though wasn't expecting him to try and nip at the other woman. Well great, so even if she could learn to take care of him, she'd risk herself just trying to do so.

Padding over, Dahlia nodded, "Good to see you agree with me." She gave a quick glance over to Spitfire before her attention came back to Twelve, "Well, I'll help you how I can so you can lift it up. What do you want me to do?"

+300 words.

Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena

POSTED: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:52 pm

Lahdeeda was quick to throw her hands up in frustration and admit she had no damn idea what she was doing. Well that was much apparent; Twelve scoffed at her, You have two horses and you don’t know how to take care of them? That’s kind of stupid, isn’t it? She said, completed unabashedly.

Dahlia offered to help her pick up the stallion’s back leg and she shook her head, No point forcing it, that’ll just make him worse. Horses are real delicate like; they don’t respond as easily to us predators as they do other horses.

Twelve wiped her wet nose against her forearm, leaving a trail of slime, as she turned to look out beyond the canopy of the tree to the spring shower beyond.

Twelve patted the boy on the neck and then turned to the girl, crossing her arms, If you don’t know what you’re doing, then you should let me work with him. I know how to handle horses like him, much worse than him… give me a couple months and I’ll have him purring like a kitten for you.

She ginned with yellow teeth but then her grin faded, It’d be in repayment, of course, for you saving my tail before. I still can’t figure out why the hell you and Mister Wyatt decided on that.

OOC || +222

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Nat

Western Forefront