Dew Of The Slain

[P; Yennefer; Freetown]

POSTED: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Ved himmelens ende

Stjarna had kept her promise to the woman and had led her among the different ruins of cities to try and find things. The first stop had been Amherst and then on to Saint John but when neither of those had turned up anything worthwhile Stjarna had thought to head for the old haunt of Freetown. She was certain that some of her friends had to still be there. She hadn't heard of what had happened in the area and so she had eagerly told the woman of how she had remembered her time at the port and had warned of the days of journeying it would take to get there.

Though once she got to the area it was nothing at all like how she had remembered it. "This isn't right. It wasn't like this." She shook her head and stared at the destruction all around her. "What happened here?" Though she clearly didn't expect an answer to the question. The small wolfdog woman had been so certain that they would find the perfect gift here. "This isn't right." She repeated, unable to tear her eyes away from the burnt out husks of homes of those she had once known.

"Maybe there is still something..." But despite how she tried she couldn't make herself sound hopeful. All around her was destruction where life had once thrived. Her arms ended up wrapping around herself as if that could somehow protect her from all that she was seeing.

ooc stuff here | [wc — ??]
template by hilli | Image © Moyan Brenn
Salsola
The Arbiter
Luperci Mate to Loki I FOUND THE BUNNIES Gold Soldier of Love
Faerie-Blooded

POSTED: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:06 am

Thanks for starting! → (262+ words)

From ruin to ruin they had gone yet nothing interesting had been found. It was not something she enjoyed, even if it was a likely outcome. At least now the grey wolf had seen them, and she now knew where these ruins where. Visiting them again on another day could always happen. However, it seemed that the other woman had another idea in her head, a place a few days away from here. Hearing the other explain what it was soon convinced the grey wolf to go along with it. Yennefer still wanted to find some treasures.

Together with her falcon she followed the smaller woman. Yennefer on land, Iris the bird long gone in the sky. However, once they arrived the grey wolf was seeing something entirely other then what she was told. This was not what Yennefer had expected, nor did the other woman judging from her reaction. For Yennefer it was just another ruin however, if she were to trust the others words, this was not how it used to be. Something had happened here, and neither of them knew what it was.

Yennefer could only watch the other, not knowing if anything she could say could even help her. The grey wolf was just looking around, looking if she could find something useful. “There must still be some stuff here.” She said at last. “It can’t be that everything is gone. Maybe, whoever lived here, got away before all of this happened.” It was possible. “Do you have any clue what could have happened here?” she wondered on.

Hey! I'm from belgium and have dyslexia, so if you spot a mistake that really grinds your gear (vocabulary and grammar) shoot me a pm. I don't mind, really! I would love to learn from my mistakes!

Loners
Wolf
Kattam

POSTED: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Ved himmelens ende

Stjarna looked to the other woman when she spoke and frowned at what was being said. This wasn't the place that Stjarna had remembered. This wasn't the bustling hub ear which she had once lived. "It's not right." She mumbled out the words, having gone back to staring at the charred remains of one building.

She shook her head when she was asked if she knew what could have done this. At first she had no explanation but then slowly a thought came to her. "Maybe..." She paused as she considered the thought further. "Maybe the red star?" But she wasn't too certain if that was the cause behind this or not. The wolfdog woman moved over to the shards of framework that was left of a building and reached out to touch the blackened wood.

"If it was that then I don't know how they could have gotten away. It all happened so suddenly. No one had predicted that it was coming." She turned back to the woman once more. "But we might as well look since we came all this way. Maybe there is something still here. There was one trader who would bury things. Maybe we can find his stuff." She was trying to not let this trip turn into a complete waste. After all she had dragged the other woman all of the way out here. They had to find at least one thing to bring back with them.

Stjarna started off into the direction where said trader had used to set up his stall. The trader used to hoard his dyes into earthenware jars as well as the cloths which he had stained with the colors. "If we can find where he hid his pots then maybe we can find something pretty for you." Stjarna had never been into actual clothing but there were many in Salsola who did so there had to be some sort of value in it that it could be haggled with.

Sorry for still being super lame | [wc — 331]
template by hilli | Image © Moyan Brenn
Salsola
The Arbiter
Luperci Mate to Loki I FOUND THE BUNNIES Gold Soldier of Love
Faerie-Blooded

POSTED: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Sorry that it took so long and also sorry for the crappy post, school has been very busy → (207+ words)

“Red star?” the dark grey wolf asked. She was not sure what the other meant, how could a star be responsible for this, all of this! How was that even possible, all those lights do is shine in the night sky. Yennefer wasn’t sure, she had never heard of anything like that before. This place looked destroyed, smashed to bits, it was difficult to even consider that a star, a red one at that, could have caused this.

Still not fully understanding what had happened here she looked at the other, who was still talking. Too bad that she couldn’t really understand what she was exactly talking about. “What is this red star?” Yennefer soon asked, she really wanted to know, she wanted to understand what the other one was saying. Maybe then the grey would get what had happened here.

With the next few words, however, Yennefer listened closely. They still had a chance, they could still find some treasure somewhere in this place. “What kind of stuff did he hide?” The grey wolf was getting curios, now looking around, hoping she could catch a hint of the hiding spot. She soon started pushing some stones aside, staring at the rubble, hoping she could find it.  

Hey! I'm from belgium and have dyslexia, so if you spot a mistake that really grinds your gear (vocabulary and grammar) shoot me a pm. I don't mind, really! I would love to learn from my mistakes!

Loners
Wolf
Kattam

Dead Topics