Where The Deer And Antelope Play

Saint Croix Highlands

POSTED: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:45 pm

OOC: Mid-day. Sedona's wearing her bandana and cowboy hat. She has her knife belted to her side and a small satchel over her shoulder. WC: 433

IC: With Spring well on its way in and Winter on its way out, Sedona was feeling more and more upbeat and cheery. The mood was infectious, it was spreading around her packlands like wildfire as everyone and everything seemed to come back to life with the steady thawing of the Earth. Today the Whitesage coydog was outside of her home territory, across the way from St. John and the many rivers that criss crossed the Vale and out in the rolling hills of the Highlands. She had taken her horse Hopi out for a nice easy ride as the Paint mare had been mostly cooped up for the winter months due to risk of ice and deep snow. Sedona didn't like to have to take the equine out for long excursions in bad weather if she didn't need to.

On this day it was sunny, if not a little foggy still in some patches, but the cowgirl and her mount didn't mind one bit. Out upon the open terrain, the two, horse and rider rode at a canter, feeling the fresh breeze and reveling in the new scents around them. Spring was definitely here. Bringing her mare to a halt, Sedona dismounted and brought the equine's reins over her head and stroked the mare's muzzle affectionately. Hopi snorted in response and whinnied happily. Sedona smiled at her companion and next took a lead rope off the animal's saddle and tied it to the halter before draping it securely around Hopi's neck. With a grin, she clucked her tongue at the horse and waved her arm. It was time to let Hopi off lead for a while. She'd come back when called, But the mare needed a good free-run. "Go on girly, go have a run." She told the mare before shooing her away and watching as the mare pranced and bucked and dashed about in the rolling hills of fresh grasses.

The Whitesage woman laughed at the equine's playful display and wagged her tail, moving to take a seat in some shade of a lone tree in the middle of the field. As she sat and watched her companion get some energy out of her system, Sedona pulled out a small empty paged sketchbook she'd traded one of her pack mates for. She wanted to try her hand and drawing. Her sister Payson had always been really good at artistic endeavors and the cowgirl wanted to try her paw at it. Removing the charcoal pencil, Sedona began to do her best at doodling out the image of her horse, now grazing peacefully nearby.

POSTED: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:13 pm

Fennore
on a palace floor i see my soul
hi! i hope you don't mind me jumping in! fennore's got her red cloak on.WORD COUNT

Fennore had covered a lot of ground since beginning her pilgrimage east. Over the past few weeks she had seen the gradual change in landscape from semi-bare plains to luscious forests -- and, frequently, lengths of broken-up concrete and asphalt. Those were not sightly at all whereas the copious amounts of greenery gave her a certain kind of joy she had been lacking. She couldn't quite explain it.

Today her travels had returned her to a landscape she was rather familiar with. The gently rolling hills of the Highlands reminded her of home, but the memory wasn't unfavorable; in her younger days, she and her sister would see who could tumble down the side of a hill faster, with the victor showing off their scratches and bruises as the trophy. A faint smile graced her lips as she continued on, thinking fondly of Eesold. Even if we parted on troublesome terms, Her mind added bitterly, but she quickly shook this thought.

She spotted a figure on the horizon, and Fennore's eyebrow quirked. It was a woman sitting, bent over looking into something. The white wolfess slowed her pace slightly, her earrings jingling to hopefully alert this stranger to her presence in a more subtle way. "Would you mind terribly if I joined you?" she asked politely, cocking her head to peer at the sketchbook before her eyes were drawn to the majestic creature in the distance.

"Oh, my... Pray tell, is she yours?" she questioned the woman in the cowboy hat, incredulous. Fennore had not seen a horse in so long, she forgot they existed.

Template by Andi
New Caledonia
High Lady of Dawn
veldt
'Souls Soldier of Love Luperci Magister III, Diplomat III, Stylist I
• moonwraith •
twilight princess

POSTED: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:38 pm

OOC: I don't mind at all! :D Welcome! WC: 344

IC: Sedona worked the pencil across the sketchbook with unpracticed strokes, her mouth set in a concentrated firm line. She wasn't quite sure what she was going to draw at first, but as she went along, soon an image began to form. She started to draw her own horse grazing out in the field before her. Granted, she was only a novice with the arts so the picture was nowhere near as good as a true artist but at least someone looking at it could probably get the jist of what she was trying to accomplish with her doodlings.

A gentle breeze brought with it the scent of a stranger, followed by the gentle tinkling sound of metal off behind the tree the cowgirl leaned against. The woman's ears perked and her head whipped up just as another luperci appeared, in a bright red cloak coming up the small burm into the shade of the large tree. "Would you mind terribly if I joined you?" Sedona smiled kindly and shook her head. "Not at all par'dner. This is the only shade for a ways. I'd be a pretty terrible person to deny ya the respite." She chuckled and scooted over for the other to take a seat. It was then that her newfound company spotted Hopi out grazing. The Paint mare had lifted her head and now gazed at the two canids as they chatted. She gave a soft snort before lowering her head back to her feed. "Oh, my... Pray tell, is she yours?"

Sedona nodded. "Aye. That's my girl, Hopi. Raised 'er from a foal." She told the woman. The Whitesage coydog then sat up a bit, setting her sketchbook aside and extended her paw. "I'm Sedona by the way. It's a pleasure to make yer acquaintance." She said and wagged her tail a bit in the grasses, making a soft swishing sound. "What brings ya all the way out here if ya don't mind my askin'?" Sedona asked then, adjusting her cowboy hat upon her head as the breeze picked up again.

POSTED: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:23 pm

Fennore
<3WORD COUNT

This woman proved to be quite friendly, thank the gods. Fennore flashed her a brief but polite smile before taking a seat beside her in the shade, her curiosity piqued by this stranger's accent. It was quite unlike anything she'd encountered before, and in a way, it was reminiscent of the thick, theatrical dialects those of her birth clan would speak in, minus the obvious differences -- of course, Fennore had a feeling that unlike those, this one was authentic in its own way.

So the horse did indeed belong to her, and the white wolfess nodded, approving of her answer. "That's lovely. She's beautiful." When the woman held out a hand to her, Fennore stared at it for a moment before offering her own. She was used to the males of her clan partaking in this sort of greeting, but not so much the females. "I am Fennore," she responded breezily, shaking Sedona's paw a bit too loosely before dropping it. Despite the awkward exchange, she kept her wits about her and straightened her back a bit more against the tree, crossing her legs and looking somewhat intensely at Sedona's interesting green eyes as she spoke.

"Oh, well." Fennore paused, mulling over her words before continuing. "I am a follower of the wanderer's path, I suppose you could say. I have traveled a long way from home, and decided there is no use in stopping now." Violet eyes drifted back to the horse and surrounding hills. "Not when there are beautiful places such as these."

She returned her gaze to the brown-furred woman. "And you? Do you live around these parts or are you a wanderer also?" She gestured to her sketchpad, taking notice of the admittedly novice work. "Or perhaps you are here to practice," she conjectured, her eyes tracing the thin lines Sedona had made to mimic the form of her mare.

Template by Andi
New Caledonia
High Lady of Dawn
veldt
• moonwraith •
twilight princess

POSTED: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:08 pm

WC: 520 +10 use co-rank in thread

"That's lovely. She's beautiful." The stranger commented about Hopi but all Sedona found she could apply such a statement to was the woman standing before her. Not unlike the red bandana that she herself wore, this other woman too wore red, in the form of a cloak. It brought out the violet hue of her eyes and the brilliant ginger of her hair. In contrast with her ivory fur, she was a brilliant splash of color on the landscape that was mostly otherwise uniformly green or tan. One might say she completed the spectrum of the world around Sedona. It was a welcome rainbow as she took the paw of the colorful female shook it gently and sat beside her. Sedona couldn't help but be a little bedazzled by the wolf woman. "I am Fennore." She gave her name and Sedona grinned. "Fennore." She repeated and nodded warmly. Wagging her tail a bit in the grasses, the coydog, removed her hat and tousled her hair back from out of her face before replacing the stetson, listening as Fennore spoke.

"I am a follower of the wanderer's path, I suppose you could say. I have traveled a long way from home, and decided there is no use in stopping now. Not when there are beautiful places such as these." The cowgirl's eyes lit up, understanding the wolf's words deeply. She had once followed that exact same path herself before coming to Mistfell Vale. Sometimes, the call of the wild still rang loud in her heart to this day. But knowing she had a place to call home, a place to return to was a comfort and peace of mind she couldn't describe. "And you? Do you live around these parts or are you a wanderer also? Or perhaps you are here to practice." Fennore asked and the Whitesage woman chuckled. "Nahhh." She placed a paw over the scribbly horse drawing and shook her head. "I once wandered like you. I came all the way across the country from the deserts 'n plains in the West all the way up here." She smiled, tipping her hat. "Wasn't 'till I found my pack, Mistfell Vale," she gestured in the vague direction of the packlands. "And my mate, Sineria, that I decided t'stay in one place."

Sedona sighed wistfully, leaning her head back against the tree as a gentle breeze played through the leaves above. Her green-yellow eyes watched the leaves flutter in the air. "I come out here for adventures and time on my own from time t' time though. When I'm not working for the good of the whole. Follow my instincts y'know? It's good for the soul.... At least, that's what I think anyhow. " She chuckled and sat up again. "Have you ever heard of us by chance? Mistfell Vale? I'm Silvenpath in Hawkesond House and the pack's Constructor." She tipped her head slightly, curious about just how much wandering this beautiful woman had done around the area of the pack. What did she know of the Mistwalkers? Maybe she'd met someone from the Vale previously? What were the odds?

POSTED: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Fennore
<3WORD COUNT

She was pretty intrigued by Sedona's whole atmosphere, the persona she adopted. It was starkly different than what Fennore was used to back home, where firstly everyone was of wolf blood, and secondly she had never seen a hat quite like this before. Her warm brown color scheme clashed quite fiercely with the Celtic's ivory pelt, colors that were rather prevalent in her clan, but the coydog's heritage was not unwelcome or unappreciated. There was a ruggedness to this woman that she found rather endearing, all the more improved by her curious, two-toned green eyes.

Oddly enough, the stranger also hailed from the west, though she assumed a much different west than the wolf was thinking of. But now she had a pack to call home and a mate to keep her company, so Sedona seemed quite content in her current situation. "And pups?" Fennore added, half in jest but also out of intrigue. She hadn't really spared much thought to having a family either, aside from it being a faraway dream. Being relatively young, there wasn't much use in fantasizing anyway, as she still had much to learn about herself and the world; perhaps when she found where she truly belonged, love and children would follow soon after. But for now it sounded a bit constraining.

"I will admit that I am wholly unfamiliar with the packs here," the wolf conceded, rolling her shoulders in a shrug. "Misfell Vale sounds like quite the storybook setting though, if I were to judge it solely off the name." She rose an eyebrow, but her words were not malicious at all. If anything her slight sarcasm drew from her previous pack experience, as her clan held such whimsical and lackadaisical ideals with equally mythical-sounding names. "But surely it is a fine place to live. What drew you to this pack, if I may ask?"

Template by Andi
New Caledonia
High Lady of Dawn
veldt
• moonwraith •
twilight princess

Dead Topics