let me rely this once

POSTED: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:46 pm

Farina enjoyed the solitary lifestyle, the room to stretch, the independence in hunting. She need not feed her mother or sister from her den north of Jordheim, and she came and went as she pleased without announcing herself each time. There were lonely days; that much was to be expected. And then there were days her independence did her poorly, and this day was one of them.

In the wake of her time spent browsing the borderlines with Palaydrian, Farina had set aside her gift for hunting and dedicated time to training her reflexes and took to scouring pack grounds for intruders or oddities. Like with Palaydrian, the wolfdog found a wandering pair of wolverines beginning a winter nest in the hollows of tree roots and ran them from the territory. With Cody's help she learned further steps of falconry and tried her utmost to train the peregrine gifted her, but the bird was stubborn. To form the bond necessary between bird and keeper would be a task indeed, one she had not yet mastered. After sending the bird to fly and calling it back as practice, the peregrine did not immediately recall. When it did she was caught off guard, throwing up her unharnessed arm to catch its talons and earning a variation of bleeding gashes as prize.

The bird set aside on its stand at her den, the wolfdog set quickly for Jordheim, knowing well she had not a bandage to boast within her tiny abode. Damn thing hurt like a bitch. Mother would know what to do; her wounds bled but were not critical, and chunks of fur scratched away. Pounding on the front door of her old home Farina exclaimed, "Someone in there? It's me. Um, kind of urgent..."

Lin
Luperci Falconer + Diplomat
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:12 pm

She was going to in list the dingo twins once more, maybe even their boarder men because she did not know who to call for such a small task. As it was the sheep header had helped her place a shelf beside her bed side, insuring that the wooden trinket was sturdy enough to handle the books he had given her. It was wonderful to have friends such as those two; they always thought to bring her any book they found had medical words or even singing words in their pages. The thought brought a smile to the lonely child as she looked over the larger shelf that held the salves she created with the help of her stove and the wordy books she had been learning how to read.

As her rump hit the warm furs that served as her bed, loneliness seemed to sink into her heart. Though a soft chirp from her ivory companion let her know that she was never alone, and yet, she missed her mother. A desperate need to curl up next to the earth colored woman was clawing at her chest, a need for her gentle licks and soothing words. It was like trying to wean a child from their favorite ratted blanket but instead of gently letting them spend less time with it, you yank it away and throw it into the trash. Sure it was not like that truly but to her ever since she came out and told her daughter about her mate, she was no longer around. Fiora was no longer the favorite, and now. Well now she had new children, and for some reason she felt resentment towards her siblings.

A rather urgent pounding drew her from her self-wallowing, a voice that surprised her folded ears. Her sister was here, now that was something to cheer the little healer up but it was the words that killed her soul. The urgency that made her get to her feet in a hurry that she almost kicked over a large wooden bowl filled with water, though luckily it just swiveled and remained unharmed. It took her only seconds to open the familiar door and give a smile of pure joy until it turned into a scowl of worry, what had she done to her arm! Without thinking she placed her delicate fingers on the bleeding arm and then ussured her inside. “Fari, what have you done to your arm?” She asked in a rather accusing manner, as she tried to lead the much larger sister into the house. “Please sit on the bed, but watch out for the bowl of water. I am going to need that..” She spoke in an almost lullaby sounding voice, trying to both keep herself calm and practice a tone that one of the books had said would sooth a patients nerves but really he was trying not to panic.

very minor PP sorry [+1]

Images courtesy of Jeff Kubina, Template by Aso

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Lullaby
Luperci Mate to Ezra Step out on the leaves of the lily and shine
PAINT ME BEAUTIFUL

POSTED: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:14 am

Farina was greeted and whisked inside before she could explain a thing, let alone embrace the elder sister she had seen so little since moving to the outer den. Meeting with Florina graced the middle Haki with far more gratitude for Fiora's presence, that she had remained and was never reason for worry like the tawny runt of the litter. And yet Farina had not sought out Fiora as she had Florina, all the way in New Dawn. A tinge of guilt frowned the dark wolfdog's features as she realized it; how discouraging it must have been for Fiora to only see her sister in the case of emergency like this.

Although really, Farina was not sure it was an emergency at all. "It's not that big of a deal, Fi," she said, but humbly obeyed the request and dropped herself unceremoniously on the edge of the mattress. The water bowl spun in place, spilling from its rims but remaining upturned and filled.

"Cody gave me a bird," Farina explained, excitement visibly blossoming despite the injury. "This really beautiful peregrine. You should come by and see him. I just caught him with the wrong arm when he was landing, that's all. All I need is a bandage or something." She supposed perhaps it was bleeding somewhat heavily. Ah, well.

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Worry plagued the child’s face, it was not the greatest of expression for the runt of the litter but she could not help but feel a sting of pain when she saw her largest sister hurt. It was all as if she moved in slow motion, watching her sister fall onto the mattress that the Dingo twins had stuffed with left over sheep’s wool as a present to comfort her when her beloved mother moved out. Pain hit her features once more but she quickly shook her head as she looked over the shelves they had placed for her, remembering what one of her healing books had said.

Baby blue optics fell on her sister once more as she reached out for an earthy green colored pot as well as a blue colored one both with a cork wedged in them, she gave the woman a gentle smile as she drew her attention to her words. Her mind returned to normal speed as her usually pinned ears perked up the best they could for being floppy, taking in how she injured herself as she retrieved a brown colored cloth and a roll of bandages. ’Ah ‘eather beast then!’ The white feline announced as he moved his body to perch next to the darker colored sibling, knowing that his companion would scowl him later for called the pretty bird a beast.

Leisurely the Eljun fell to her knees before her distant sister, setting all her supplies on the ground next to her. ”I would love to come see him but please try not to be so careless. Though I love that you came to me.” Her usual stutter fell away as she spoke to one of her dominating siblings, only love and compassion showing through her words as she pressed the now wet clothe on her sister’s arm. I need to stop the bleeding, but I have something that is suppose to help you relax a bit” She smiled her usual, gentle smile. Leaving the cloth over the wound as she opened the blue container fist, letting the smell of mint and other soothing herbs fill the room. ”Do you mind smelling like this for a little while?” She asked one more, knowing that she could accept but first wanted to be sure like a normal submissive sister would.

Okay sorry for the wait, I am sooooo sorry.. but here, have fiora beign all healer and shit! I cannot find a way to get the codes from my other tables so you get a pink one![+1]

Last edited by Fiora vin Vahn on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Lullaby
PAINT ME BEAUTIFUL

POSTED: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Fiora attended to the middle sister's wound with a delicate touch and all the caution and love Farina would expect of the Haki that resembled their mother most. Like genetic copies, the wolfdog supposed, with equal lack of confidence but greater emotional stability than Coli. The Hollr considered a moment how their mother might have responded in such a predicament. Bawling and apologizing for no apparent reason while wrapping bandages, maybe. Discouraging.

"Well, Jordheim's not far from my place," she said, then considered the indifference that could have been derived from such neutrality. "I knew you'd take care of me though. Mom too, I guess." Those last words might have escaped clinging to a noticeably bitter tone, one that momentarily dampened her enthusiasm. Farina did not seem to notice, but grimaced in sudden pain when a motion was made against the wound.

Fiora directed her to a small jar, at which the younger sister fretted her brows and obeyed. The scent calmed her indeed, though Farina made no mental attempt to identify how or why. "What is this?" she asked, then followed, "Did you learn all this from Mom?"

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:27 pm

It was obvious that her much larger sister wanted to put off the fact that she was here, relying one someone other than herself. It was almost hysterical to think about how similar Florina the pale and dominant wolfdog was to the sister before her; both were always wanting to do things on their own. If they ever relied on someone else it seemed to be a blow to their ego and yet the youngest Eljun was overjoyed to see that her sister chose her to come to. Maybe she knew that her much more submissive sibling you never lord a deed over her, never point out a weakness out to those around her.

The healer listened intently to her younger sister’s words, her crimped ears flickering as if to snatching expression from the air before it could hit the ground. The German Sheppard mix could not help but smile when she heard the fact she knew that her sister would take care of her, as if to admit that she was a safe haven to come to. It was the bitter tones that seemed to follow the maternal name of ‘mom’ that her ears pinned against her skull, what had happened between those two? ”Um-I-I know it is none of my business..” Her characteristics stutter came back for a brief moment as she tried not to pry out information, ”if you do not mind sharing.. what happened between you and mamma?” She finally said as she allowed the red liquid to absorb into the earth colored cloth, this was going to be fun to get out.

Ever cringe or wince of pain she would move her fingers more gently against the lacerations, she tried to be very attentive to her sisters ever facial expression. It was when she placed the soft blue jar on the bed that her sister seemed almost fascinated by it, even Fiora herself took in a slow inhale of the calming scent. When Farina asked about it she could not help but give a gentle form of laughter that showed that she was not mocking but just surprised in her interest. ”It’s a warming salve, or that si what the book called it.. the Dingo twins have been teaching me how to read and bringing me books they find useful to me” the healer smiled, moving the pale colored solution from her dark colored fingers to her sister’s similar colored arm. For a moment she let the other question fall, gentle messaging the area above the wound then to her palm that was obviously below the lacerations.

”I originally made this for mamma.. but she told me to keep the leftovers..” Her voice took a more saddened tone, it was obvious that she missed her mother living her. ”it is a salve that induces warming and relaxation when rubbed into the skin.. the smell of gentle mint is one of the relaxer scents” She finished off her explanation, with a tone as if she was way beyond her time.

myst received them for me, thank you for the offer!![507 words]

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Lullaby
PAINT ME BEAUTIFUL

POSTED: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:38 am

It bothered Farina how closely the eldest Haki resembled their mother, but neither could she attribute it as wrong. It was a discomforting notion, that was all, and likely due in part to the inability of Farina and Colibri to see eye to eye. The younger wolfdog hated to see a bias within herself against Fiora for something she essentially had no part in, but the bias hung over them just the same: She was feminine and delicate, something that needed to be protected. Something easy to tarnish, and something unable to defend itself. Something weak.

But did Farina love her? Well, of course she did. She damn well resented Florina but even that was birthed only from feelings of betrayal.

"I scare her," Farina replied, with no better conclusion nor a reason why. "I told her I don't want anything to do with this new litter until Florina comes home. She's priority even if Mom's going to keep ignoring the problem."

Fiora would resent such news as much as Colibri had. Farina could only pray there would be no tears and babbling this time. The wolfdog grimaced in her treatment but suppressed all noise, speaking again only when her mother was mentioned once more.

"You miss her, yeah?" Wrinkles formed across her snout. Damned pups. Damned Niernan. "Don't bother. We're not a part of her life anymore."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

Dead Topics