I guess we're family now.

[Farina]

POSTED: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Teagan Stormbringer
I make my mark and fight for tomorrow.

The otter was gods damned insatiable! She fed him all she could and he still wouldn't shut up, all he did was cry for food and try to drag himself around when he thought she wasn't looking. Sometimes she thought she hated him, but then a bolt of guilt would hit her in the gut and she would realise that she didn't hate him, she just wasn't used to looking after things. It was her fault anyway, her fault that he had been injured that bad.She hated to think that it had been her fault that uncle Saul had had to take the otters leg, but it had been, it had been her snare that had caused the wound, so he was her responsibility, as much as she wanted to turf him out and let him fend for himself, the ungrateful little river rat. She rubbed the finger that he had bitten this morning as she strolled along, her eyes scanning the muddy ground for rabbit and other rodent tracks. She couldn't fish like Loch, so couldn't feed the otter what he would love to eat, but he seemed to like rabbit and rat fine enough.

She hadn't used a snare since the day she had found the damn otter, she couldn't bring herself to put an animal through that pain and fear. No way. No, she hunted now, just her and the wild, she killed what she caught as soon as she caught it, made its death quick and as painless as possible. Still, she was finding it difficult; she had cried after the first rabbit she had killed since the otter. It just didn't feel right anymore, like she was a murderer, or one of them that did harm for fun, like the twisted man that took Carrie away not long ago. She knew she wasn't like that, she never wanted to cause harm, it was against her entire being to purposefully hurt something, and she knew that she had to hunt. She had to feed herself and her family, and they couldn't survive on berries and plants and Lochlan's fish. She had to bring in meat, it was simple as that, she just didn't understand why it felt so bad now when it had once been something she enjoyed. Perhaps she would talk to her father about it, or maybe Loch. Her brother was wise beyond his years and often had wisdom for her on all manner of things. Though if they couldn't help then who would she turn to? She supposed she could talk to uncle Bran, he had a way of making her feel better. She wouldn't talk to Aunt Shiloh, she loved the woman beyond a doubt, but she often felt... Unladylike in her beautiful Aunt's presence. Not that she thought herself much a lady anyway, but Shiloh's presence somehow made it tangible and something that she should be striving for.

She sighed; now she was thinking of something completely different yet still troubling to her. She was different from the other girls, she wasn't pretty and girly and made of light like the other females she knew. Nor was she sweet and kind, timid and cute as Colibri was. She was coarse and boyish, she liked to rough and tumble, her father was teaching her knife fighting and she was thinking of asking uncle Bran for boxing lessons. She liked getting dirty, mud on her fur was of no concern to her while she knew others would screech about it. And then there was her attraction thing; she wasn't attracted to boys as she was supposed to be, she thought they were great friends and she liked hanging around with them, especially her brother. Valérian was alright too. But she liked to look at the girls. She blushed as she remembered her crush on Andira. She wondered how far that would have gone had she kept up a persistent friendship with the merle girl, would they have stayed friends or been more? Surely Andi would understand since she had two mothers who were very much in love with each other.

She stopped and shook her head. It was no use now, she was frustrated and all turned around by her thinking. She was too bothered by everything to be any good at hunting right now. She looked around, her smoky blue eyes falling on a nearby tree stump. She would sit a while and calm herself down, that was a good plan.

((wc: 746 ooc: Sorry for the length, got a bit carried away with teeg's inner thoughts :S))
Template by Ninette
Teagan Stormbringer

POSTED: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:54 am

Farina was not her mother's child.

The wolfdog was not petite and prim and gentle. She hadn't a green thumb or darling eyes or a soft, smooth coat. Farina was the spectrum's other end, a hulking thing in thick, black furs. She spoke in deeper, unrefined tones and walked with a heavy, masculine gait; a minor swing and curve in the hips might have been present, as if her waist could be the only thing to save her from complete ambiguity. Fiora took after Colibri, Farina likely resembled the father they never knew or met, and Florina fell somewhere in-between like the stubborn misfit she was.

Rina didn't garden—she couldn't. Not with hands as large as hers. In more recent endeavors she had begun seeking out a number of mentors, individuals like Cody for falconry. She sought more mature talents than those of her high-ranking, softspoken mother. Farina was no good with words, and hoped to learn weapon work or defensive tactics instead. The pack of vikings lacked the bulk of guardians and warriors, she found, almost ironically enough.

Rina strode two-legged through the forest after a failed attempt to hunt down Saul and ask his advice on how to proceed. Hardly light-footed and subtle she could be heard lumbering through even yards away, and yet when she came upon her packmate sitting sullen on a stump it seemed Farina was almost a surprise.

Teagan. Rina knew her by name but little more. She might have been considered a half-sister if the Haki thought better of Niernan as a parental substitute. "You're moping," she said, although hesitating. "Why?"

Lin
Luperci Falconer + Diplomat
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:55 am

Teagan Stormbringer

Sitting on the stump she surveyed the little clearing, looking around at the leaf litter, the browning leaves on the trees, and the leaves that fell from their branch home every now and then. She rested her elbows on her thighs and crossed her wrists, her left hand over the right, fiddling with her fingers as she sat and thought. Her tail lay still behind her, the tip touching the cold ground, though her mind raced. Was there something wrong with her? If there was she didn't mean to be defective, she was pretty sure that she had been born this way, or if she hadn't then the change or the incident or whatever it was that had made her this way had happened really early on. She couldn't remember anything specifically happening to make her the way she was, and she was pretty sure that she couldn't change it even if she wanted to. If others felt the same way as her, and they were accepted then how could it be any different for her? Would her father be disappointed that she was different? She couldn't imagine him being so, nor could she imagine him condemning her for it; he was one of the most tolerant wolves that she knew. Though she was still somewhat nervous about revealing how she felt to her family. Perhaps it wouldn't come as much of a shock to Lochlan; they did know practically everything about each other.

She raised her face to the sky as her thoughts carried on along the same track, her smoky blue irises hardly taking in the view, her eyes unfocussed as she thought. Would it be harder for her to find a mate? She didn't even know if anyone else in the pack, apart from Tayui and Anu, felt the way that she did. Her crush on Andi had been based on a single meeting that they had had. They had only talked, nothing more, and she had developed a feeling of attraction to the younger girl. It was entirely baseless. How did one even go about finding out whether other females were interested in females? Was there some sort of secret sign, or did she just have to take her chances? It was all so confusing. For some reason this was one problem that she didn't want to be solved by talking to Lochlan. It seemed a little embarrassing, or too taboo to be solved so easily. No, for now she would try and solve this problem herself, she would figure out a way to distinguish between the 'normal' girls and the ones that would be interested.

She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she hardly noticed the approach of her packmate, she vaguely heard the crunch of leaves and the heavy footfalls, but they didn't properly register. She was surprised by the voice that addressed her, ears flicking back and body jerking slightly in shock. She snapped her eyes to figure that stood before her, refocussing on the world again. She wagged her tail once or twice instinctively, a nervous smile fluttering about her lips before fading away as she registered the words spoken so abruptly to her. She allowed her eyes to rove over the other, her sluggish brain finally giving her a name; Farina. She didn't really know the tall, dark girl. She only knew that she was one of Coli's daughters, that made her sort of a sister in a way. Though Teagan had had no interaction with any of the flowers, she only knew them by name and sight, and reputation.

Her gaze fell once again, settling around the area of Farina's knees, "Moping? I look like I'm moping?" She released a low chuckle, "I suppose I am. I hadn't thought of it that way." Her lips lifted in a half smile on one side when Farina demanded to know why. She didn't see why she should tell this brash female anything; they weren't related, they weren't even friends. At best they were packmates and that was the extent of their emotional connection, though Niernan would obviously like Teagan to make friends with Colibri's daughters. She raised an eyebrow and rolled her eyes up to glance at Farina's face, "Oh, just thinking about things. Too many things. The weight of the world and all that." Her faint Irish accent, something that she had seemingly picked up from her father, bled through into her words. She shrugged her shoulders as if she could brush it all off, a smile spreading across her mouth and her eyes sparkling with a similar glint to her fathers. He called it his Irish charm, she called it the Stormbringer trait; they were supposedly descended from the Trickster himself. "But nevermind that. What are you doing out here? Hunting?" The change of subject might come as a surprise or it could be welcomed, she didn't know nor did she really care, she would just rather talk about normal things with an almost stranger than her deepest secrets.

((wc: 837 ooc: Long wait is made up for by epic post. <3))
Template by Ninette
Teagan Stormbringer

POSTED: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:39 am

Farina was met with a less-than-satisfactory answer, and the wolfdog supposed she could not have asked for much better. She and Teagan, despite being half-siblings of sorts, had little to no interaction. Farina knew nothing about her and assumed they had nothing in common, and yet despite their somewhat-relation the wolfdog was greater comrades with Tayui and Anu's litter. Perhaps there were just too many young faces her age to keep track of.

Teagan reminded her too much of Niernan, both in speech and general mannerisms, and Farina felt the skin at her snout wrinkle in aggravation for only a moment before she shook it off. Whatever charms had worked on Colibri would not work on Farina, even if Teagan had inherited every one of them. "It helps to tell a stranger your problems," she said, though flatly. She didn't really want to try anymore. "Because who the hell cares if they judge you or not?"

But she moved on just a quickly, in time with Teagan, and decided if the secrets would not come easily then she did not much care to look further into it. "I was looking for Saul. Wanted to talk to him about things." And then she added, mockingly but in jest, "Too many things. Weight of the world and all."

"I was going to go home, though," she finished. "You can walk with me if you want."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:50 am

Teagan Stormbringer

She felt ashamed as she listened to Farina's reply; she had brushed off the friendly advance of her step sister and was rewarded with the flat toned words that rang true. She flicked her ears back and diverted her gaze for a moment, perhaps she should divulge her thoughts to Farina, perhaps the tall wolfdog could help in some way. She looked up again as Farina answered her question, smirking slightly at the mocking repetition of her own words. The smirk evolved into a genuine smile as the bulky girl before her offered her time. Teagan nodded, glad that she had a sort of second chance after initially being so blunt and dismissive. She stood, unfolding herself from her seated position on the stump.

"Sure thing." She stretched and looked around, a little confused for a moment. From what she could tell Farina was headed out of Jordheim, not towards it, so how could she be going home? She turned to the girl again, "So, do you not live with your mum anymore?" Teagan herself couldn't imagine moving out of her fathers house, it just seemed too scary a prospect, though she supposed that sometime in the future she would have to. Maybe she and Loch would claim a house together, that would be fun. Though for now she was more than content to keep sharing the bedroom in her fathers house with her brother; it was comforting having Niernan and all of his animals around.

She settled beside Farina, brushing her hand down her t-shirt and straightening her shorts after having been sat down. She waited patiently for Farina to lead the way, her curiosity about where the girl lived only growing.

((wc: 281 ooc: So sorry for the very long wait. <3))
Template by Ninette
Teagan Stormbringer

POSTED: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Teagan took the second chance and stood, taking a moment to dust off the layer of clothes on her person. Farina did not understand such bulk; clothing felt heavy and unwieldy and much too small of her size of frame. In the early spring months she had taken to wearing a baggy white sweater, but only if the weather demanded it. Otherwise, Farina preferred the wind in her fur and the excitement of a bitter chill creeping through layers of pelt and touching at her skin somewhere beneath. The cold was exhilerating, bracing—even if it very rarely bothered her at all.

But Farina chose to keep her loud mouth shut, so as to not scare her sort-of-half-sister-maybe back into withdrawing.

Teagan's wandering eye read into precisely what Farina hoped she would not touch upon: Jordheim at her back. Though she took a moment to prepare words Farina did not falter in their delivery. "That place felt kind of small. I had to duck all the time." It was not a lie, but neither was it the whole truth. She could not stand Colibri's skeptical, unexplainable glances, like a quiet judge. Farina could not fathom what she had done so wrong.

"I made a den out here, a little north," she continued, walking with Teagan at her side. "I have room to stretch and practice. It's not so bad. I like company."

"You didn't tell me what's wrong," she said. "Hopefully not something at your home."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

Dead Topics