Like Tears from a Star,

Cro {Introduction/Bonding}

POSTED: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:24 pm

The girl plunged her hands into the chilly water, an explosion of bubbles floating from the stream basin. The sleek scales of the trout brushed against her slender fingertips, before vanishing completely. Dark eyes rose to watch the dark figure slip away, simply a shadow in the current of the stream. “Crap.” She grumbled to herself, rising from her sore knees to put her soaked hands on her hips. Guess they don’t call them slippery for nothing. Sighing, the white wolfess decided it adequate time for a break.

Setting a white tail atop a flattened boulder, the young one pulled her knees up to her chest in the shadow of an evergreen. It was actually a warm day- spring was less than a week away, and already the climate was turning from freezing to only slightly nippy. She had worked herself quite a bit, and only had one fish to show for it. The girl sighed, tipping her muzzle atop the flat of her knees and watching the glittering river current shimmer in the sunlight. A chirp above her ears caused Lyris to look up, and there she found the bright feathers of a familiar bluebird, dark eyes watching her curiously. “Why, hello, Ajax.” She said smoothly, bringing her arm up lateral to her body to make it a perch. The little songbird swooped down and comfortably settled himself upon her shoulder, snuggled up against her neck, ignoring the arm she had offered. Bringing her elbow back to her side, the young one blinked forward, being unable to turn her face to look at her friend without knocking him off with her muzzle. “What do you think? I think that we should just stick to deer.” The girl mused, slightly annoyed. The art of fishing was tricky. She had wanted to use her bow and arrow, but she had left it at her den, nearly a mile upstream. Besides, she thought it would be more versatile for her to learn how to capture the slippery creatures without the aid of her weapons, for in the rare case that she found herself without her tools she would still be able to find food.

Ajax just twittered in reply, not minding to actually speak to her through low speech as he sometimes did in broken, confusing phrases. A flash of a fin caused the girl to perk up, and an instant later she was on her feet, diving into the cold water. The bluebird was left hovering, his perch suddenly missing, leaving him flustered. In a brilliant splash of glittering water droplets the girl splashed into the stream. After a flurry of white paws and silver scales, the young one stood, turning around with a triumphant gleam in her eyes and a limp fish in her right fist. “Piece of cake.”

((400+)) Optime || March 10th || Mid-morning || On the banks of Suki'Aliqua

Lyris Stryder
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Ann
Luperci Mate to Luca Stable Master The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw 2013, 2015 SoSuWriMo Champ! Stryder
princess cut from marble
smoother than a storm
these scars that mark my body?
SILVER & GOLD

POSTED: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm

OOC: secui - 400+

Croatoan was following the Suki'Aliqua. She was still uncomfortably familiar with the territory of the pack, and thought tracing the swift river might aid her memory. She padded along slowly, broad black ears aloft in case she caught the sounds of prey. The little black bat had wrapped itself into her hair and dangled down her face, his golden face standing in contrast a bit above the space between her eyes. Tuerie hung in such a way that strands of long black hair fell over her face, giving her an even messier look than normal. She trotted along the bank, four paws cool against the soft mud. She looked around her, committing each landmark and tree to memory, breathing in the deep earthen scents of the land.

A splash brought her to full attention and the hair raised on her back. Swimming prey was slow prey. But with a deeper breath, she could smell the telltale odor of a fellow wolf and she bounded forward to see what was up, jostling the bat awake. At the sight of the pretty white wolf, Croatoan smiled. She had not yet truly met the young woman, but she recognized her name to be Lyris. The girl's solid white coat was a startling contrast to the blackness that covered Cro. It was pretty, she noted with a smile. Such lovely white fur on the sleek, lean woman. Cro felt herself grow slightly jealous of the pretty hair, so unlike her mats and tangles. She noticed the dead silvery fish and smiled. She was a dreadful fisher herself, much more suited to chasing down game that was quite bigger in size. "Oi there. Nice fish. Prefer keepin' my paws fairly dry, m'self. Ya must be Lyris, the white wolf. I'm Croatoan, a black 'un. Call me Cro if ya please."

Her deep, thick voice closed the distance between herself and her packmate. The bat hanging from her bangs shrieked out a sleepy hello. Cro smirked. She might be an odd sight at the moment. Brutish dirty woman with a golden-and-black bat on her forehead. She took a closer look at the woman. Lyris looked slightly younger than herself, but not by a whole lot. Cro tilted her head, wondering what her role in the pack was. She crept closer, forepaws falling heavily upon the ground. Gracefulness was not a trait of Cro's. She peered past Lyris and into the water, nose twitching at the sight of a fish flashing by.

Croatoan
Her brother, Corine, is with her only in SK territory.
Always open for threads.
Avatar by Fae, signature, table credits

Draggar
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Lyris sloshed from the chilly water to the river bank, splattering the grass that had begun to emerge from the heavy snow with fresh moisture. Immediately Ajax flew up to her, pecking at the silver prize in her fist. She yanked it away, shooing away her friend with a dismissive gesture. “Did you really not notice the other one sitting there?” She asked, giving a slight exasperated sigh. Setting her freshly caught fish atop of the other one, the girl sat beneath her evergreen again. Taking up her thick, sopping wet hair, she wringed it out, listening as the water slapped against the grass. That’s when she saw a figure emerge from the woods.

Crotoan was large- not exactly Lyris’s image of feminine. The moment the girl lay her eyes upon her new pack mate her first thought was muscle, quickly followed by the adjective rugged. Those were two traits she had always wished she had possessed, instead of being a puny little underdog who could only run and shoot things. Just as Cro longed for the girl’s pure fur, Lyris wished upon the traits of strength. This just motivated her to prove her worth the the other woman early on.

Quickly, the optime figure stood, striding up to the Secui form quickly. The black wolf was already at her belly, which showed her sheer size. Lyris found herself, after seeing Cro’s quad figure, longing for her own wolf form, one which she was more comfortable in. So she shifted back to Lupus. It was a synch- after all those months of writhing in pain from the shifts, the only sign that she was a Verto luperci was the slight pinch at the base of her spine and the fact that it took a few seconds longer for her to fully change. But in just a heartbeat she had returned to her birth form, now two thirds the size of the lady before her. Though she was higher in rank, she was dwarfed in size. No matter, this didn’t bother her. She was used to being the little guy.

“You are the new member?” She asked, though didn’t wait for a reply, as she already knew the answer. “Of course. Hello, Cro. Yes, I’m Lyris. Nice to finally meet you.” She nodded fondly, giving her visitor a small smile, before glancing over her shoulder. “Ah, yes. Well… fishing isn’t exactly my specialty. This is all I have to show for two hours of practice.” A gesture to the two meager prey, and then… an idea. “Would you like one?” Once again, without answer, the youth turned and sat beneath her evergreen tree, delicately grabbing one of the fish with her jaws. She had tasted fish before, and though she wouldn’t say it was her favorite food, it was edible, and at the moment she felt to be craving something tangy and fresh. This was just what she needed, and hopefully Cro enjoyed the taste also. If not, Ajax would get a whole lot more food than he could digest. And I’m not going to be sleeping next to that tonight. He can find a different perch.

((500+)) Optime to Lupus

Lyris Stryder
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Ann
Luperci Mate to Luca Stable Master The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw 2013, 2015 SoSuWriMo Champ! Stryder
princess cut from marble
smoother than a storm
SILVER & GOLD

POSTED: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Cro watched the blue bird's antics with a soft smile. The pack of Sangi'lak did not seem to have a lack of bird companions. She thought of X'yrin, with her birds of prey. Now here was Lyris, apparently friendly with the little bird. At least she had Tuerie. He was not a bird, but bats were pretty much close enough. Tuerie was like a furry bird, in ways. As she thought of him, the little hoary bat moved himself through her fur to get a better look at the white wolf and the blue bird. His large nose twitched and he shrieked gently, his usual cautious greeting.

She watched the woman shift, still admiring her beautiful white fur. It suited her small lupus form well, Cro noted. She was a small wolf, even perhaps a bit delicate-looking. Knowing the other wolves she had met, however, Cro guessed she must have some kind of bite. The black wolf dipped her head as the other spoke in an attempt to show respect to the wolf that had obviously been in the pack longer than she. "Ah, yep. I'm Cro. And this is Tuerie." The bat shrieked at the sound of his name. "Who's yer little friend there?"

She gestured at the little bird, watching it with a smile plastered on her face. She had always appreciated the flying things - birds were so beautiful and so musical. So cheeky most of the time. She appreciated a cheeky creature, far more so than an overly serious one. She drew closer to Lyris's fish and sniffed at them gently. Her nose wrinkled slightly and she frowned. Fish was not her favorite thing. But she nodded and accepted the offer graciously, using a large paw to draw one of the fish closer to her. "Ah, well, ya've done better than I would have. Damn slippery things, fish is. And thank you. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have a bite."

She nibbled at the wet thing gingerly and swallowed, feeling the moist fish meat slide down her throat. It wasn't horrible, but she would prefer a deer or a rabbit any day. She nodded as she ate, her golden gaze drifting back and forth from Lyris to Ajax, watching them both. "May I ask, what d'you do in the pack?"

She thought for a moment. Hadn't X'yrin said something to her about Lyris's family? Yes, she had. "Oh, ah, wait, ya're an Evan'ule, right? That's what I'd like to work up to, I think. D'ya like it?"

She tilted her head and sat down on her haunches, shaggy black fur dusting the moist ground of the riverbank. She had indeed been meaning to find the white wolf and ask her about the Evan'ule family. It was indeed the one that she had felt the most interest for. The rank of ranger went through her head. What fun. But she knew there was much more to finding her place than simply thinking about it. And even if she wanted to eventually become a ranger, she would also want to become familiar with the other aspects of the family. And that, most definitely, was easier said than done for the wolf who had rarely used weapons throughout her short life. She took another bite of the fish and Tuerie squeaked angrily. He ate mainly insects, very rarely taking bites of Cro's kills.

Croatoan
Her brother, Corine, is with her only in SK territory.
Always open for threads.
Avatar by Fae, signature, table credits

Draggar
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:00 am

As Lyris settled her rump on the grass, still wet from the dripping water from her hair, she felt a shift of air stir the hair behind her ears. The girl glanced sideways, to find Ajax hovering, the little bluebird curiously scooting closer to Cro and her bat. The little bluebird flapped closer, and then closer, before her was hovering in front of the woman’s electric gaze, staring at the odd winged mammal. Ajax gave a curious twitter, scooting almost uncomfortably close to the creature. Fearing he would startle the hoary bat, Lyris did the only thing she could- bribe. “Ajax. Eat.” Barking the command in a strange string of sounds, otherwise known as low speech, the girl tore a chunk of fish from her meal with a claw, shoving it away. Ajax hesitated, curiosity still bright, before the smell of food got the better of him, and he dove away, settling in the grass, instantly beginning to peck at the fish meat.

“This is Ajax.” She introduced her friend, who showed no sign of recognition because his face was buried in food. “The great and mighty.” She spoke sarcastically, nodding towards the woman. “Hello, Tuerie.” She greeted the bat, a curious light in her eyes. She’d heard of the furry winged creatures, but never seen one up close. Smiling at the woman she dug into her meal, Lyris followed suit, the white fur on her muzzle turning an extremely light pink. It was refreshing the first few bites, though once she was about halfway through it became dull and unsatisfying. The exalted found herself longing some of the deer meat she had caught last month, a phantom of the rich, musky taste playing on her tongue. The girl ate a bit more, before shoving the last little bit of fish toward Ajax, allowing him to finish it off. I’ll have to catch a rabbit or something soon…

The girl was in the process of licking her muzzle clean, when the subject of rank and family came up. The girl’s ears pricked in interest, and she paused, raising her gaze to find the muscular form of the woman. “Why… yes, I am.” She said. Lowering her paw that had been raised to be cleansed of its bloody tint, the girl adjusted her sitting pose, all the while trying to find the words to speak. “I just recently became Evan’ule, actually. I’m in the position of archer co-rank. I’m the only Evan’ule, currently, besides Veyra, though she’s still a young puppy.” Lyris raised her gaze to meet the bright one of Croatoan. “I do like it, very much, actually. It suits me well. Evan’ules are more… in tune with their surroundings, and not so caught up in materialistic things. I’m still learning my duties, but I’m glad to hold the rank.” The girl tipped her head in a puppy-like way, and old habit she had developed to show curiosity. “Was there a certain area you were looking at?”

((500+)) Lupus || Mind is dead, sorry if this isn't very good. :c
Lyris Stryder
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Ann
princess cut from marble
smoother than a storm
SILVER & GOLD

Dead Topics