Favourite Character Idea?

Join a pack to have a new life/family.
20%
Employment as a mercenary or bodyguard.
15%
Peaceful vagabond looking for friendship.
10%
Non-Verbal Autism.
15%
Blindness.
15%
Hip Dysplasia/Joint damage.
15%
No defect.
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Help with new Character?

POSTED: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Oh, fun~. Cassandra is photophobic, which is a similar condition. I think light sensitivity is a fun challenge to explore. :3 One thing to consider though, is that bronze is pretty heavy and also reflective, so it would probably do more harm than good if Yata is sensitive to light, as the helmet could reflect more light into his eyes instead of shielding it, especially since there's no visor element to the helmet. The heaviness of the bronze could also be damaging to Yata's head and neck if worn for long periods of time. It may be better to keep it for ornamental/special use rather than regular usage?
ALAINEY DREW THIS
avatar by felidre ; sig by alaine

con schedule
(aka absence schedule)
'Souls Assemblage
Eldritch Beast
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Thanks for the info! And that's cool, Photophobia and XP was really interesting from what I read up, and albeit a challenge, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plans out :D
And the helmet was bronze honestly, because the image was of a bronze one :P But I see what you mean. Would a wooden one, or something made from more matte material work better? I know for certain it can't be an actual skull, because unless Yata slayed a Phoenix to get it, there's no bird with a head that big.
That being said, even if it's only for special use still sounds like a nice idea, something for him to wear into battles or during special occasions, (or when talking to others so that he can hide how much he's glaring them down behind a mask)

Dasa (NPC)
Jazzy

POSTED: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:38 pm

Wood would definitely be a more lightweight material, though how heavy it is would correlate inversely with how durable it was? So if it was lightweight enough to be worn frequently, it probably would be a lot more easily damaged, which could be an issue if it's a unique item. x_x I do think that if the primary purpose of the mask is to shield Yata's eyes though, that something with more of a visor to actually cover the eyes would be more appropriate. For example, Cassandra just wears a hooded cloak where the hood is large enough to cover her eyes from direct sunlight.

I guess the "brow" area of the mask could be extended a little to act more like a visor though? It wouldn't be as effective as other means of shielding, but if it's just special/ornamental use, that shouldn't be an issue. Unsure about usage in battle. It may be more of a hindrance than protection. Masks could obstruct peripheral vision, become imbalanced, etc, in the middle of a fight, which may distract the wearer or leave them vulnerable.
ALAINEY DREW THIS
avatar by felidre ; sig by alaine

con schedule
(aka absence schedule)
'Souls Assemblage
Eldritch Beast
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Taken Kiri's points in, and now I've made it so that the mask is almost an emotional trigger for Yata. Because of who gave it to him, and their kindness etc, Yata finds it relaxing to wear, almost therapeutic. He doesn't wear the mask unless he needs that kind of support, it's like his safety blanket, that he only puts on when really upset or angry in the hopes of calming himself down. I think it sounds like a good use of the mask, helps create some symbolism of what it represents for Yata, and could lead to fun writing :D

I've also completed his character completely now, including a 2000+ word long history that just got way out of hand. I'd love it if I could get opinions on his history, if it sounds alright/plausible or any additions and changes that might make him even more interesting. I'm so close to being ready to unless the tiny Shiba Inu baby, and I'm very grateful for all the help so far in refining this character :D <3

Yata's Wiki: http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Ch ... Yatagarasu

Dasa (NPC)
Jazzy

Questions & Help