Record players

POSTED: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:54 pm

Is it possible that a crank record player would have survived the apocalypse and time? I know that there are quite a few these days and during this time, it would have been very likely that they'd still be around, even if they weren't being taken care of. I'm just curious.
Loners
Dead
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:30 pm

Do you mean like a Victrola? That would probably depend heavily on the state of the mechanics inside. I don't know a ton about them, but I googled some information on repairs. There's a LOT of tiny parts that go into that, as well as upkeep an so on, so I think with 25+ years of disrepair you'd be hard pressed to find anything working, especially since most people would have electronic record players vs hand-crank turntables.
Salsola
The Regent (NPC)
Mel
Luperci Cazadora, Vaquera Mate to Stannis Ultra Mega Chikkun? NO. She is legend... I will send famine and wild beasts against you, and they will rob you of your children.
occam's razor
a wild beast or a god

POSTED: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:58 pm

Salvia Eternity wrote:Do you mean like a Victrola? That would probably depend heavily on the state of the mechanics inside. I don't know a ton about them, but I googled some information on repairs. There's a LOT of tiny parts that go into that, as well as upkeep an so on, so I think with 25+ years of disrepair you'd be hard pressed to find anything working, especially since most people would have electronic record players vs hand-crank turntables.

That more than answers my question. But yeah, I definitely meant the Victrola. I just had a brief curiosity. ^^ Thanks for the help!
Loners
Dead
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:59 am

I think it's work noting finding an actual record to play/in a good state would be hard as hell. xD

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

Questions & Help