Mid Shift Interruption

A curiosity

POSTED: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:00 pm

So I was just thinking about things that could happen to make a pup shift early (traumatic experiences) and suddenly I wondered what would happen if the shift was interrupted by something like another luperci tackling them or falling off of something.. I mean I can't imagine the result would be anything good >_>
Nyx

Nyx
Anathema
Malphas Venator
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:26 am

That sort of situation would probably be doubly traumatic, but the pup would have these options, post-interruption:

- attempt to shift back to Lupus form. This is probably the easiest option for them, as they are not supposed to have shifted yet and their natural impulse should be to return to something safe/familiar following trauma. If they aren't specifically focusing on not shifting back, they will probably shift back naturally/without realising it.

- stay in Secui/halfling form, probably temporary. If they are scared of their own unprompted shifting, they may be too focused on their current form to be able to relax enough to shift back to Lupus. This would probably subside naturally if they're removed from or are able to recover somewhat from the traumatic event and they'd be able to shift back. However, it's probably also possible for them to just get stuck in Secui form for a long time, or permanently, if they remained psychologically blocked for whatever reason.

- attempt to shift to Optime form. If the pup aren't so distracted by the trauma that they realise they're shifting, they might be able to will themselves into finishing the shift. If they're able to complete the shift and accept their Optime form, they will probably be okay enough to shift back to Lupus again, and then to shift normally, at will.
ALAINEY DREW THIS
commission info

Upcoming Absence(s):
you know what here's the con schedule
'Souls Assemblage
King Explosion Murder
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:07 am

So the fact that you say it's possible for a character to get "stuck" in Secui form makes me curious >_> if someone was stuck in secui would they have like any degree of use in their paw/hands? since it's the half way shifted point I imagine they could do at least some of the stuff an optime can? like maybe not writing or anything that refined but picking something up or opening a door?
Nyx

Nyx
Anathema
Malphas Venator
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:19 pm

That would just depend on the individual and how far they shifted before they got "stuck." Secui have more dexterity in their hands/forepaws than Lupus, but not as much as Optime. I'd say they would most likely be able to do minor gripping and open doors -- maybe similar to what humans could accomplish with "penguin hands" (with all your fingers pressed together, so any gripping is between your thumb and combined fingers).
ALAINEY DREW THIS
commission info

Upcoming Absence(s):
'Souls Assemblage
King Explosion Murder
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:14 pm

Thats awesome XD and this is probably a dumb question cuz I already know there are dogs that can be trained to walk on 2 legs for short distances but do you think a secui could learn to walk on two legs at least some of the time? Not like fully upright or anything but just being able to balance on their hind legs?
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:19 pm

I guess? They'd be pretty front heavy so it wouldn't be very practical. I don't see why they'd want to in most cases.
ALAINEY DREW THIS
commission info

Upcoming Absence(s):
'Souls Assemblage
King Explosion Murder
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

Questions & Help