Anathema religion question

POSTED: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:52 pm

hey, i've done a lot of reading, and i wanted to ask if I could follow a different religion to the norm in the pack i want to join: anathema

I'm looking for my character to be christian. And the already present and entrenched religions (IC) are against my religion (IRL), i have a two ideas for a remedy, but either one requires going against something written. First is that my character's family descended from a a luperci who was being tested on by a christian scientist that became sympathetic to the ancesternin question. The second is that the same or a different ancestor learned to read human english from a human, or taught himself to read human while humans were still around. Either would conflict with the writings, so can i not play while maintaining a lack of personal sin in my irl religion?
Alyx Wulf

Raxiis Lycan
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:24 am

Morning hun,

My names Marie and I'm one of the leaders of Anathema.

No character must follow the religion within Anathema. This aspect of our pack is very free and open to interpretation.feel free to send me a pm anytime.
Will you walk into my parlor? Tis the prettiest little parlor that you ever did spy.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:34 am

Hey there! I went ahead and moved this to Questions & Help. :)

Whether a character of a different faith would be welcome in Anathema would be up to Anathema’s leaders to answer, so I am not really sure on that! Someone from Anathema should be able to answer that better. ^^ And Marie did. Thanks!

Humans should not be in character biographies. Luperci are capable of reading and writing and learning these things on their own, so that sort of history is not needed for your character/their ancestors. :> It’s just a commonly accepted thing! So it’s perfectly acceptable that your character (or their parents, etc.) got their hands on a copy of the Bible and learned the faith from that, or had a similar faith passed down. There have been/are Christian characters of various denominations on the site!

I can’t really remark on the personal religion aspect of this, though Anathema is a “darker” pack in general, and a lot of the culture beyond the religion might go against your beliefs, if you don’t wish to write fiction that would go against your religion. ^^;; I do know there are other Christians on this site who might have some insight, though, but that is a personal conversation.

Inferni
Evocati
Raze
Luperci Multiple Co-ranks SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2017 Champion!
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:46 am

Thanks for the quick reply, both of u cleared up a lot, and i appreciate your concern for my religion raze, and yes i understand that a lot of practices will be against my religion, tbh, i have a condition that goes against my religion, so i'm familiar with resisting temptations. I've had a darker past irl, and i feel like the character i make would fit in better personality wise in anathema. I will remember this in hopes of paying the two of u back someday. cheers
Alyx Wulf

Raxiis Lycan
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:56 am

Personally I am of faith, and fully separate my character from my irl. I don't believe our religion really places stipulation on fiction being part of our sins. (I could be wrong) though my current character Evangeline is very good in nature. She's not as dark as other members of the pack. She very muchly seeks a path of "good" or "right"

I do agree with Raze though Anathema in of it self is a rather dark pack. Though there are many members who do not commit crimes within. I think the best thing to ask yourself is what direction you want to go with this character. A very religious character is more than welcome within Anathema, we welcome diversity of characters.

Anytime dear <3 we are here to help.
Will you walk into my parlor? Tis the prettiest little parlor that you ever did spy.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:24 pm

hey, could i please have someone look at my profile draft for errors or whatever?
Alyx Wulf

Raxiis Lycan
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Alyx Wulf wrote:hey, could i please have someone look at my profile draft for errors or whatever?

At the moment your profile appears to be empty. Are you sure you submitted it? Our antispam field for profiles was also updated recently, so you may need to exchange the new number for the old one.
Salsola
The Gamekeeper (NPC)
Lorraine
Luperci Cavalleria, Vaquera Mate to Lokr
vitriolic

POSTED: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:56 pm

no, i haven't submitted it, i just am in need of a person to look through the draft i have on google docs for potential problems, so that i can avoid issues with admin when it comes time for me to submit the profile for acceptability, in other words, to avoid the reviewing of the profile by admin to fix mistakes over and over again
Alyx Wulf

Raxiis Lycan
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:09 pm

tbh, i'm a little hesitant, because of an experience i had last week. i tried to join a different rp website and i was recieved with far more strict rules, less understanding admins and alphas (an alpha that i had never talked to before told me after a week and a half of repetitive reviewing, fixing and redoing that i had one more chance to get it right or my account would be deleted, and that's after i spent a few days straight reading the required material to join...) and a far colder treatment than i have had here so far. so i'm erring on the side of caution.

(if u actually read this, i would like to wholeheartedly thank u)
Alyx Wulf

Raxiis Lycan
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Hun send me the file via pm. We are all here to help. None of our amazing admins on souls are like that.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

Questions & Help