"registering" primary, secondary, etc. characters

POSTED: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:53 pm

Is there a way, or a requirement or something, for officially registering primary and secondary characters? I'm asking this in the context of eventually requesting additional characters, where the primary is expected to have more posts than the characters below it.

Hope that makes sense? Sorry if this is answered elsewhere.

Killi

POSTED: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi Killi!

I think that the closest thing to "registering" primary/aux characters would be linking your aux characters to your primary character's account. Auxiliary characters would then show up on the Active Characters list behind your primary character.

To link your accounts, you'll need to go into the Managed Linked Accounts page of your primary character and input the login information of the aux character(s) you'd like to link in addition to your primary character's password. Once you've done this, click "Link Users" and your aux character(s) should now show up in the Linked Accounts box at the very bottom of this page.

Alternately, if you prefer not to link your accounts, you can (and should) list your primary and aux characters in your profiles. According to this Tumblr ask, it is recommended that a list of all active characters be provided at the time of a character slot request if accounts are not linked.

I hope that I understood your question and that this helps! c:
HERE COMES THE SUN

Krokar
Quartermaster
Mandi
Moderator Luperci Mate to Eliza Drover, Leatherworker, Tailor Little Bandit
can you pull down the dawn?

POSTED: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:43 pm

No, you answered perfectly! I'll just toodle off and get these things done. Thanks, Mandi! <3

Killi

POSTED: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:02 pm

One more thing! Many people have their aux characters listed in the OOC section of their profiles. Is HTML enabled so that I can just go ahead and do this, or do I need to request HTML to be enabled?

Killi

POSTED: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm glad that helped! To answer your other question: HTML should already be enabled to allow this. :)
HERE COMES THE SUN

Krokar
Quartermaster
Mandi
Moderator Luperci Mate to Eliza Drover, Leatherworker, Tailor Little Bandit
can you pull down the dawn?

POSTED: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:22 pm

Hmm, I tried both with and without the bracketed "html" tags, and neither worked. XD sorry for being a pain

Killi

POSTED: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:22 am

I'm fairly certain it requires BBCode, so it would look like this:

Code: Select all
[b]Primary[/b]: [url=http://soulsrpg.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3765]Kassius Grim[/url]
Salsola
The Gamekeeper
Lorraine
Luperci Cavalleria, Vaquera Mate to Lokr
vitriolic

POSTED: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:34 am

Aww, thank you! <3

Edit: Oh man... still not working. :/

Killi

POSTED: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:50 am

:> It's under the wrong section.

Near the bottom there'll be a section called 'Other Characters', that's where you'll want to put your code.
Salsola
The Gamekeeper
Lorraine
Luperci Cavalleria, Vaquera Mate to Lokr
vitriolic

POSTED: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:34 am

Theeeeere we go. Whew. Thanks Lorraine! :3

Killi

Questions & Help