Should I come back?

POSTED: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Hey all, long time no see.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers me. I was here for a very short window of time, and I hardly posted anything. I left unannounced because of a lot of stress and personal problems I was dealing with, and I've regretted it ever since. I recently realized that writing might actually help with everything that's going on with me rn. Not only that, but the community here has always been so sweet and talented. Ughhh I miss you guys.

Anyways, my character Cerys left 'Souls unannounced just as she was starting out in CdC, so I'm not sure how smoothly rejoining would go since she just sorta... disappeared. Would I start from scratch and pretend she never joined in the first place? Start where I left off and pretend she was still in the pack during all that time I was gone? I'm honestly at a loss on what to do here.

If anyone has any advice to give me on rejoining and if it's a good idea, it'd be very much appreciated.
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit (NPC)
Reigh
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:53 pm

Hello and welcome back! Lots of Souls members have returned after leaving unexpectedly, no worries! You could re-join the board, and then have her ICly re-join CdC if you wanted. This has happened plenty of times with members who have left and returned! Since she was there before, however briefly, you wouldn't be able to pretend that she was never there, rather she would be returning. :) You could come up with an IC reason that she had to leave and has now decided to come back. Perhaps she had unfinished business outside Souls and that's taken care of.
Lucille
Krokar
Captain
Myst
Moderator Luperci Mate to August Cartographer

POSTED: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Thank you for replying so quickly! Yeah, I was thinking of just coming up with some reason as to why she was gone, but would it be possible to do that OOC? Or do you think it'd be best to act out her return IC? I could do either.
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit (NPC)
Reigh
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:02 pm

Hey Reigh! :happy:

We would be glad to have you come back! <3 Many of our player come and go as real life throws curveballs, though yeah -- writing can be a good outlet, too. We'll always be here regardless, and we understand if you need a break, etc.

Like Myst said, you wouldn't be able to pretend she was never there; at 'Sousl we do not retcon threads or events except under extreme circumstances. But you might be able to brainstorm some reasons for her departure, whether that was unfinished business, an event or disaster that impacted her, or even just cold feet (since I saw that she's pacifistic).

We also have a new Discord server that you could join to toss around ideas with people, get reacquainted with the community, etc.! We'd love to see you there.

Inferni
Evocati
Raze
Luperci Multiple Co-ranks SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2017 Champion!
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Thanks Raze, it's comforting to know everyone's as supportive as I remember <3

I'll make a note to check out the new Discord server, but I think the cold feet scenario seems the most likely, so thanks for that suggestion! I think I could weave a thread out of that pretty easily, so I'll just take some time to rejoin the board and figure it out from there.
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit (NPC)
Reigh
Luperci

Questions & Help