Moving from one pack to another

POSTED: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:27 pm

So; I can't remember if I have actually read something on this particular subject or not - somehow managed to convince myself I have, but am leaning more towards being wrong. Anyway, I'm not planning this for a while yet but just want to get some information so know as much as need to avoid any issues.

To the point - what are / is there any specific things (both IC & OOC) in which I would need to do should the time come where I would want to move a particular character from one pack to another? Naturally aside from the obvious of speaking to leaders of both packs and potentially going through typical joining procedures regardless of said packs being allies IC?
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Sam
Luperci Herbalist

POSTED: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:42 pm

I think it's polite to at least mention to the pack you're leaving that you are, just so there are no hard feelings. Explaining it's for IC reasons helps keep the OOC all happy c:

This also includes any game points you may want to transfer from the pack to the new pack (if desired). If you want to transfer them, you will need to ask the old pack if it is permitted, and then let the new pack know as well. Some packs / leaders may not accept transfers (though I don't that it's happened).

As for the new pack, nothing need be said beyond a joining thread c:
SILVANO SADIRA

avatar by Lin & signature by Pabs
Cour des Miracles
King
Gen
Moderator Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
You'll know, you're never alone.
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi Sam!

It might be worthwhile to check in with your current leadership to see if they have anything specific for you to be mindful of as you consider moving packs. Keeping both current and future leadership updated on your plans is excellent but one or both packs may have recommendations for you prior to you moving forward with this plot (for example, with regards to game points). :)

ICly, if you haven't already done so, it might be fun to explore your character's thoughts, hesitance, excitement, etc. about this decision in the months leading up to the actual move.

ETA: AH! Shadowposted by Gen! <3
HERE COMES THE SUN

Krokar
Quartermaster
Mandi
Moderator Luperci Mate to Eliza Drover, Leatherworker, Tailor Little Bandit
can you pull down the dawn?

POSTED: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:05 pm

totally not laughing

Thanks for both of your help!
That's mostly why I wanted some details in advance - given I wanted to explore certain aspects IC before anything else were to be fixed in place. Certainly gives me plenty of things to think about for plots and stuff.

Thank you again
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Sam
Luperci Herbalist

POSTED: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:06 pm

ARE YOU LEAVING US SAM!? WHYYYYY!???

JK; you can do whatever you feel is right for you! Just like the other's before me have a said, a courtesy heads up is all that is needed :)

Happy rp-ing!

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet
Nat
Luperci goose slayer

Questions & Help