Odd question

POSTED: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Hey all! Just joined today, and I've been busy finishing up Cidro's final details. This guy's been a long time in the making, since I've been scouting 'Souls for a while now. Lurking here has become a slight hobby of mine lmao

Basically, what I'm curious about is how language is used in 'Souls. Is it predominately English? Do certain packs speak in different tongues? I'm mainly asking because Cidro is aiming for CdM, and I can't find anything conclusive saying whether they speak English or French (or something else). At this point in time, Cidro is only fluent in Spanish, and he's only learned some English from his time in Portland. If CdM is French, I might have to write around a few things.

Thanks in advance <3
Cour des Miracles
Marquis
Abby
Luperci
QUISIERON ENTERRARNOS

POSTED: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi Abby! Welcome to Souls! :)

This guide might help you! https://rpguide.soulsrpg.com/soulsverse/speech/

Some packs have pockets of characters who speak a specific language, but I don't think that currently there is a pack that is specifically one language or another.

My characters speak english, french, spanish and slovak! Which all would be considered variations/dialects of high speech I believe based on the above guide.
Salsola
The Director
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
you forget I have a gypsy heart
listen to the wild

POSTED: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Ahh thank you thank you!! Just what I needed, knew there must've been a guide for it somewhere ^^
Cour des Miracles
Marquis
Abby
Luperci
QUISIERON ENTERRARNOS

POSTED: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Yep! Most characters speak English, since this is the language of the RPG and it makes sense for the setting (eastern Canada). :> This is true for Cour des Miracles, too -- but some members are bilingual in French, and the rank names and some other proper nouns in CdM are in French as well. I know we have Spanish-speaking characters running around the board somewhere as well.
their lips the secret kept, if in ashes the fire-seed slept

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:22 am

-waves-
CdM leader and player of a Spanish speaking CdM doggo here!
AbigailSadira

Let me light up the sky, light it up for you
Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

Questions & Help