Re: Character "Endgame" Discussion

POSTED: Fri May 01, 2015 7:58 pm

*points to endgame plan posted 2 years ago* Currently undergoing these changes now for Jazper, endgame is sad :( Still not sure exactly how he will die but I have another year or two before that happens XD

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa
Luperci Ambassador (SP), Sailor The Brotherhood: Master Equestrian

POSTED: Sat May 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Oh gosh Mike and I had a very very.. VERY sad plot worked out for endgame o.o but that is a LOOOOOOOOOONG way off xD
Lux Einar

Anathema
Bael
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Hahahahaha, hahahaha, haha, haaaa, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!! ; 4 ;

Table by the wonderful Sammiie and Avi by the amazing Corie!
Current Mood Song: The Grand Parade - Blind Guardian
Anathema
Atheed
(Online)
Mike
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:29 pm

I think I have Avi's endgame set up. I mean, she already hit the mate and pups stage, but I want to develop her even more after she has her puppies. Avinalora's always had it where she goes on a downward spiral and then gets in a good place and is recovering and then is hit by another downward spiral which is fun because I like the angst. Also, Avi's fiery personality is also really helpful because it gives me a lot of ideas of what I can do with her. There are also talks about her slowly moving away from her original medic idea and becoming more of a combat medic. Already, I've moved her from a polite and quiet character to a passionate, fiery character. I do have a possible endgame, but I want to see if I could play her until she's an old lady before dying heroically? I'd love to see if she'd mellow out or fire up in her old age.

I slowly want to work Iorek into a more mature and responsible character and maybe evolve his speech? His brother is helping with it since he is bringing out more of Iorek's personality other than his quiet, shy demeanor. I have been talking about puppies and romance for him, but I want to see if he could find another love or something. Unfortunately, I screwed up so he won't have a long lifespan, but it would be nice to play him into old age.

Also, agreeing with the others, it's harder for me to play happy optimistic characters with happy backstories. I don't have as much to play off of. Avi's abandonment issues really played a big part in her spiral after Midnight Shores fell and her fear of faliure that stemmed from her adopted mother's death was also fun to play off of during the Spring Sickness plot. Iorek losing his mother was also one of the things I played off of, having him flashback to the time his mother died and going into "beat mode" which later spurred some issues with him and control. The Syndicate Revenge plot also helped set him on the path of a medic, which I never envisioned for him but it happened. Also, Iorek came on board with a somewhat optimistic and somewhat happy, but lonely demeanor, and then I pulled the rug out from under him which made him more interesting to play.

For Garrett, I don't have that much of an end game. Maybe settle down? I'm open for him to do anything, really.

A lot of times I use certain plots to bring out my characters, and often they are unplanned. The Midnight Shores Disbandment, The Spring Sickness, and The Syndicate's Revenge plots were surprises, but oftentimes I use those to spur in my own character development and it often works in my favor. So, my characters one day dying in a board-wide or pack-wide plot is something that I have considered and probably might do.

I always envisioned my characters going down heroically, like sacrificing themselves and/or bleeding out. Though Iorek seems to me like he could die peacefully, though I still have a good 7 years on him. It's to early to tell, lol.

/end ramble

EDIT:
Lux Einar wrote:Oh gosh Mike and I had a very very.. VERY sad plot worked out for endgame o.o but that is a LOOOOOOOOOONG way off xD

Lukos Greyfire wrote:Hahahahaha, hahahaha, haha, haaaa, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!! ; 4 ;

Omfg pls no why (jk)

Anathema
Bathin Herbarius
Silverfrost
Luperci Venator, Praeceptor, Comunis The pages of my story are torn and frayed
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design

POSTED: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:03 am

I can't say for myself... but every time Shawchert reaches endgame she lets me kill her character! MUAHAHHAAHAHA!
Sapient
Sodalis
Nukiira the Great!
Luperci SoSuWriMo Winner! Thalia and Melpomene Kiss Me I was motivated!

POSTED: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:50 pm

All my endgames have been pretty tragic:

Zalen, out of his mind, fell off a cliff, seeing his lovers just before passing
Zera'im succumbed to tuberculosis
Lillith died from childbirth complications
Lahleia was ripped to shreds by coyotes
Ruby is the only mystery, I never decided how she died. I'd like to think she just disappeared like ObiWan and became a Force ghost :3
Last edited by Aldora Knight on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet
Nat
Luperci goose slayer

POSTED: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:10 pm

I want to say Fenris will live a long and full life but I don't think that'll be the case. I just don't know how he'll go. Yet.

I do want him to learn to live with his issues and such, though.
Mayday, mayday, this ship is slowly sinking
They think I'm crazy, but they don't know the feeling
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Legacy
Luperci

Questions & Help