waiting for the sun to go away

so the moon can come out and play

POSTED: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:50 am

erm ohm nom uhm eeeeeeh ^___^
Tamber rested her naked fur against the beautiful white trunk of a birch tree- she was surrounded by them. The forest looked like a herd of the skinniest, tallest zebras you ever did see.
Half-closed eyelids were underlined by a gentle smile. Ears flicked back and forth to catch the to-and-fro of dusk's special variety of birdsongs.
It seemed the day's feathered friends were intent on singing goodbye to their beloved sun as it sunk low in the heavens. As for the coyote, well, she was just getting started. Today had been long and hot and lazy. Though earlier she'd taken a dip in a nearby pond it did little more than produce a humid microenvironment beneath her fur. Since then she hadn't moved from this spot.
She patiently waited for nightfall with hands rested across her belly as slumbersome little sounds grumbled deep in her chest. Really, Tamber was only half-asleep but you wouldn't know it by the way she peacefully occupied her body.
She felt the cool tickle of growing shadows on her toes and delight perked her lips up, but she found no need to rush into her nightly activities. She hit the mental snooze button over and over again and luckily, she had nowhere to be.

Nico/Nikki

POSTED: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:17 pm

(Sorry for the wait!
word count: 562)

"I'm not building this stupid shelter if you're just going to go off and hunt!" A young man shouted, obviously caught up in an argument with his traveling partner. "Do you think you have any fucking control over what I do? Because you don't! So fine, don't build that shelter, and when I have to build my own, you can sleep out in the cold!" The other coywolf proceeded to stomp off, her long legs carrying her away from what could have been their makeshift camp. Needless to say, traveling with family wasn't always easy. Especially when it started getting dark out.

Delilah ran her fingers through her too-long hair. Her bangs were close to falling into her eyes and her preferred, extremely short hairdo was already turning mop-like as it grew out. This was why she didn't go without cutting it for very long. Unfortunately, when one was out in the wilderness, it was hard to cut it particularly short at all. Thinking back to her brother's comparatively wild mane, she stifled a smile. She was still mad at him, though both siblings would realize they were being ridiculous soon enough. Cedric would likely come to this conclusion before his sister. He usually did.

The dark-furred coywolf shifted down to her lupus form as she walked, having more experience hunting like this. Of course, what did more experience mean when she had hardly any at all? If she could curse her birth clan's stupidity until the day she died, it wouldn't be nearly enough for her. Grumbling to herself in her frustration, she kicked a small stone into the undergrowth.

The second she saw the rabbit dart out of the brush, she was dashing after it. Just her luck that a tasty meal would be right under her nose, and instead of sniffing it out, she just had to have startled it.

The animal was fast and had a level of maneuverability that Delilah could only dream of. Which was why when it spotted a small opening between a fallen branch, a small boulder, and the surrounding trees, it dove for it.

When Delilah recovered from smacking into the same opening, albeit most certainly not fitting through it, she sat back on her haunches and rubbed at her snout sourly with a front paw. Well that hadn't gone according to plan. Maybe Cedric would be able to catch something, though he was larger and less agile than the young female was, and therefor probably wouldn't have luck that was much better. As she considered this, she shifted back up to her optime form. She had given up on hunting, at least for the time being.

Once the dark-furred coywolf had come to the conclusion her nose wasn't going to fall off if she didn't try to rub the pain away, she caught the scent of another coyote that was far too close for comfort. Well, so much for being observant. The other female had probably seen how dumb she had looked, too. Just great.

Also, Delilah realized that she had left her bag back with Cedric. The bag with her clothes in it. Not like Delilah truly minded. It just made the woman a little more self-conscious than she would have been otherwise.
Delilah is in Optime form unless otherwise specified.
avatar by Suga, signature by Kiri

Norniff
Luperci
GIGANTIC LESBIAN

POSTED: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:49 am

omg no i'm sorry for the wait. beep boop bop *plays with ugly fonts*
It was so quiet, so peaceful in these woods. She thought, I could sit here forever. Almost on cue her ears perked considerably more than before. It seemed the faintest of quarrels carried to her ears, but it was nothing more than a moment of angry whispers on the wind... So, she forgot about it and decided it was just her imagination. After all, who could be bickering on such a beautiful eve?

The answer came in on a quartet of paw-crashes leading up to a harsh smack, and then silence again. By now her eyes were wide open and she happened to be sitting a few dozen feet from where the drama had unfolded. The self-conscious part of her held back the tickle of an instinctive chuckle for fear of upsetting an unknown stranger.
She had propped herself up on both hands and was leaning forward, eyebrows arched upwards and mouth slightly agape as she soaked in the scene. Then started to feel a bit awkward not being noticed, as she watched the female nurse her hurt and shift shapes. Without moving from the spot she called out in a sheepish voice, "Um... hi, hello... you okay?"

Nico/Nikki

POSTED: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:16 pm

word count: 217

"Um... hi, hello... you okay?" Despite knowing that her potential company was close, Delilah still startled when the stranger spoke. Chuckling at how high-strung she was at the moment, she made an attempt to save face by replying, "Yeah, I'm good. I'm sure there's only mild internal bleeding." Humor was the answer to embarrassing situations, the cocoa-hued female had learned. She then turned her attention to the older woman, and offered her a small smile. Well, it looked like Delilah had found a pretty one. If only she hadn't just smacked her face into something.

Pushing herself to her feet, she lessened the distance between them until Delilah found herself on the edge between the comfortable and uncomfortable, before plopping right back down in the grass. It likely would've been more polite to ask before forcing herself into the other female's life, but Delilah's only other option for company was her brother, who she was still pissed at. No need to see his ugly mug sooner than necessary. "So, the name's Delilah. You are?" Small-talk was the younger woman's next tactic. Unless, y'know, the coyote before her was adverse to such a thing. Some were, admittedly.

Either way, it couldn't hurt to try.

Norniff
Luperci
GIGANTIC LESBIAN

POSTED: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:57 pm

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm sure there's only mild internal bleeding." An unrestrained chortle jumped out of Tamber's mouth. Her paw quickly reached up to stop it from escaping, but she was too late to save this stranger's ears from the embarrassing noise. She cooly swiped her paw behind her head and leaned back against the tree. Too late again- she realized she was in the most awkward position possible with one arm and elbow jutting almost straight up towards the sky and her paw pinned between the back of her head and the tree. All the while her neck strained for support, but instead she ended up slouched uncomfortably like one cool potato. As for the other hand, it had become a limp jellyfish on her belly. Tamber felt like a mess, and for no particular reason at all other than the arrival of this strange woman.

She coughed as if choking on the last tiny remnants of her laughter from before and smiled a little too big, "Tamber! Hey there Delilah, nice to meet you."

Once she found an excuse to remove her hand from the awkward angle she did so at the speed of light, pointing a finger right at the other's face and stating matter-o-factly, with brow raised in concern, "Looks like your nose has gone inside-out." She gave a rather awed look of oh gosh how did that happen?! but her eye's playful glimmer was evident.

Nico/Nikki

POSTED: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:46 pm

word count: 269

The cocoa-hued female stifled a grin at the chortle, which was admittedly the funniest sound she'd heard in a while. It wasn't that ridiculous, but still. Not the most respectable laugh Delilah had ever heard. The other woman's attempt at looking calm, cool, and collected was nearly as amusing. She was cute, and that wasn't a word the coywolf used to describe attractive women very often. It was definitely a good thing, as far as Delilah was concerned, though. There was a certain level of charm to the older female's fumbling.

The bright smile when the other female introduced herself was nice, in a "I'm trying really hard to not look like like a total dweeb" way. "Nice to meet you too, Tamber." Delilah said, smirking slightly. An interesting name for an interesting coyote.

When Tamber first pointed at her face, the last thing the dark-furred female had been expecting was for her to claim that her nose had been turned inside-out. Despite an impressive attempt at keeping herself from laughing, Delilah snorted in an entirely unladylike fashion at the notion. "Again?" Delilah asked mock incredulously, frustration evident in her tone. "This always happens to me. And I can never manage to fix it on my own, so that just ruins my plans." Vivid pink eyes sparkled mischievously. "If only there was some strong, independent woman around to fix my poor, inside-out face." As far as flirting went, it was kind of a pathetic, undoubtedly silly attempt, but so be it. She gave Tamber a pointed glance, still smirking.

Norniff
Luperci
GIGANTIC LESBIAN

POSTED: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Tamb magically turned into the Great Wall of China when on the receiving end of flirtation, but that was only with the men folk. She'd never had the pleasure of feminine coquetry until now. It seemed with women, specifically Delilah, she was more like the Berlin Wall- just waiting to be torn down. For now she would stay trapped and divided behind the various stone architectures of her soul, but somewhere on the other side she heeded a delicate voice a'callin (more like an ungainly snort).

"Certainly I can be of assistance, m'fair lady." She picked herself off the ground and groaned at the stiffness of her travel-weary joints stretching out, but it felt good and soon she found herself stretching from limb to limb. "Pardon me there, now where were we?" She scanned the brown wolf with big-eyed curiosity and then lifted her splayed hands as if remembering something delightful, though she'd only pretended to forget, "Ah yes! That mashed nose of yours."

She strolled up close and rubbed both hands together like a doctor just begging for a malpractice suit. She closed one eye in mock concentration and reached two fingers up inches from the woman's face. Making pincers with her claws she plucked the air near the other's nose and tugged as if really pulling a pancacked nose out of a face. She bit her lip and accompanied the act with struggling grunts.

Finally, Delilah's nose came free and she stepped back panting and apparently worn out. "Jeez, woman. For a second there I thought my strong, independent streak was gonna fail me."

Nico/Nikki

POSTED: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:41 pm

word count: 265

Ungainly snorts were, undoubtedly, the best way to woo a woman.

"Certainly I can be of assistance, m'fair lady." The coywolf smirked. Fair lady? As if. "My hero." Delilah said with a teasing smirk, watching as Tamber stretched. Well that wasn't a bad show, not at all. Delilah was almost disappointed when it was over. ""Pardon me there, now where were we?" The older woman then asked, and before the cocoa-hued female could answer, Tamber answered herself.

"Ah yes! That mashed nose of yours."

Delilah snorted again, trying ever so hard not to grin at this ridiculousness. The other coyote approached, and after some initial theatrics, mimed pulling the dark-furred woman's inside-out nose back into shape. Delilah's body shook in near-silent laughter as she tried to regain her composure, despite Tamber biting her lip and making sounds as if she was putting a lot of effort into the whole charade. Her breath came out in quick, shallow pants as she fought to take in enough oxygen while avoiding any obnoxious guffawing. When Tamber stepped back, said something about how she thought her strong, independent streak was going to fail her, Delilah was finally able to collect herself. "Well, it obviously didn't. How can I possible repay you?" She asked with a smile.

While she waited for an answer, Delilah pushed herself to her feet and closed the distance just a bit more between herself and her newly-found companion. "I mean, I think you deserve a reward for doing such a great job. Am I wrong?"

Norniff
Luperci
GIGANTIC LESBIAN

POSTED: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:55 pm

A reward never crossed the yote's mind, but Delilah seemed serious enough about providing such a thing. Tamber wasn't one to deny another their pleasure, especially when it was an extension of her own pleasure. With lip bitten and eyes averted to the heavens she replied, "I guess not. Let's see..." After careful rumination she pointed her index finger in exclamation and burst out, "I know! Tell me something interesting about yourself, a secret you wouldn't normally tell a stranger right off the bat." She smiled slyly at how clever she was being, I bet you weren't expecting that, ha ha!, but really she was just a big ole' dingus.

Nico/Nikki

POSTED: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:15 pm

word count: 252

The other coyote looked coy as could be, mulling over possible rewards, in all likelihood. "I guess not. Let's see..." The cocoa-hued female smirked and crossed her arms over her chest, awaiting the older woman's request. She could try and come up with a million different rewards that Tamber might have chosen, but they'd all have been light years away from the coyote's actual response. ""I know! Tell me something interesting about yourself, a secret you wouldn't normally tell a stranger right off the bat." Delilah had most definitely not been expecting the sudden outburst, and she stared at Tamber with wide eyes. Amusement quickly replaced the surprise, though, and now it was Delilah's turn to consider her options. Then it hit her. Two birds with one stone, and all that nonsense.

"I'm a lesbian." It cleared up any confusion, was indeed something she rarely told strangers, and it was certainly interesting. At least to some Luperci, Delilah supposed. "In fact, not only am I lesbian, I'm a lesbian who was hoping your reward would be something a little more," She paused, offered the other woman a quirk of a genuine smile, and then finished, "Physical." She took another small step forward, leaving little more than an inch between their bodies, and smirked. "I bet that was the first thing you thought of, too." Whether or not it was, she hoped Tamber wasn't entirely opposed to the notion. That would've sucked.

Norniff
Luperci
GIGANTIC LESBIAN

Archive