Keep going

Oceane

POSTED: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:04 pm

Sorry for the lame start. I left it kind of vague. They are somewhere in the south, near AW's old territory :)

"We've been this way before." The white wolf's voice carried strangely across the open field, lost amid the soft silence of dusk. Her companion did not look back as he stopped and sighed, waiting for her to catch up. She was not wrong, they had been here before. Kenyon remembered the smell of the place, salty, and the smell of the packs in the area. They had gone all the way to the ocean when last they traveled this way but they had avoided the nearby packs. Perhaps now it was time to talk to them. Although, it was not likely that his family was in this area and he had little hope that he would find them; too much time had passed and he had traveled too far. Still, he at least needed to ask, to make sure no one had seen or heard of them.

Karli brushed her fur against his as she came to stand beside him and finally he looked over to her. She smiled, soft and reassuring, as if she knew his thoughts. She always knew. He sighed again and looked away, scanning the area in front of them. "I know." He finally said, resignation in his tone. Karli's gaze never left him and after a few moments he glanced back her way. "What do you want to do?" She questioned, her tail lightly brushing against his as it swayed behind her. He shrugged, sighed again, and then answered. "Keep going." That was his answer every time she asked and she never questioned him further. She nodded and waited for him to start, falling dutifully behind him.
Casa di Cavalieri
Prova (NPC)
Kite
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:24 pm

[480]

"Speech,"action.

She let the dirt crumble, falling through her fingers, its dark hue identical to that of her own fur. It still smelled like home, but only faintly. Her breath had to be deep and serene for her to get a whiff of AniWaya: one that wasn’t on her fur. The woman’s legs began to grow sore from crouching so long, but she didn’t really want to stand. She was closer to the ground here, closer to her home. She had been born and raised here, watched her sister die here, this place was woven into her. But they had to leave it, all because the spirits had been unhappy. Ocèane’s legs were now growling at her to stand or else they would fail, so she finally obliged and rose, leaning on a nearby pine a moment to stretch the sore tendons before she turned back and stepped over the dead border, slowly making her way back to the nearby stream where she had tied up Evadne.

The white horse had waited for her, content with a patch of exposed, dry grass that had been spared the blunt of winter. Ocèane stopped at the edge of the stream, sitting on a cool, flat-topped boulder. Leaning, she filled the flask to the brim with water, taking a drink before she sat back. Capping the container, the woman leaned on her thighs, placing a fist under her cheek and watching the small creek flow. She’d returned to the old homelands to make a last check for anything that may have been left behind, but mostly just for the heck of it. She wanted to see the old AniWaya again. As she sat in silence, it was easy for her to sense everything: birds crying, water flowing, and a pair of voices.

The woman straightened, ear flicking as she scrutinized the trees beyond. Standing, she slipped the flask into Evadne’s saddle bag and moved farther into the trees, dark fur almost fading into the tree trunks she moved between. It wasn’t long before she picked out a pair of colorless figures in the distance, both in Lupus. Tipping her head, Ocèane shifted, her center of gravity sliding and hair receding as she fell onto all fours. She couldn’t smell the Luperci virus- or, more like, she just noticed the absence of it, as she was so used to having the faint odor there to everybody she met. Now in Lupus, the woman approached the two, pausing several meters in front of them. “Hello,” She spoke softly but firmly. “What brings you to AniWaya’s old pack lands?” She questioned. The lady knew that this ground no longer belonged to her pack, but she still felt a tie to it so she would stand before it. Besides, maybe they were looking for AniWaya and they had just come to the old place.

Image by Dru @ Flickr
Océane Aston

Ann
Luperci the rules of paradise are never nice
I want your fears, your hopes
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:07 pm

The breeze picked up just as they started to head out across the field, bringing the scent of another canine just before the greeting was shouted in their direction. Both heads turned in perfect sync as the pair of tundra wolves stopped. Kenyon stepped forward, placing himself between Karli and the stranger, though his posture wasn't hostile. The white female let him, just as she always did, though if it came to a fight she knew that she would be the one defending him. He was quick but she was tough and better suited to take the force of an attack. For now, though, she let him take the lead.

"Just passing through." Kenyon replied, hiding his unease underneath a light tone. "We're new to the area - weren't aware that a pack used to live here." Now that the darker female mentioned it, he could tell that the scent here was stronger than where they had just come from. The scent markers around the borders must have faded without canines to keep remarking the area. The pair never would have wandered into territory they thought was claimed, that was just stupid.

"You were a member?" He questioned after a moment. "What happened?" He wondered if something similar to what happened to their pack had happened to this Aniwaya. If she needed help trying to find old pack mates and family, they would help, and then perhaps she would help them in return. Karli pressed her nose into the fur of his shoulder and he gently shrugged off her touch. "Anything we could help you with?" She asked with a smile, unaffected after being brushed off.
Casa di Cavalieri
Prova (NPC)
Kite
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:06 pm

[377]

"Speech,"action.

Ocèane watched quietly as the male planted himself of the female, protectively, though not hostile. The woman figured she didn’t look like much of a threat; a lone Lupus besides her horse that wasn’t anything extraordinary as far as strength went surely didn’t scare them. But she figured it was a natural reaction, and Non-Luperci was probably weary of those that could shift or just wary of others in general. As he turned Ocèane spotted a huge scar from his shoulder that basically spanned his flank, and she figured he’d experienced enough pain to be cautious.

It wasn’t surprising that they didn’t scent AniWaya, either. The scent was dead, and technically they shouldn’t worry if they crossed the old border because she didn’t own it anymore. “I see,” She said softly, giving a miniscule nod of her muzzle. In quick succession he pelted her with a duo of questions, and she paused, slowly giving him another nod after a moment. “Yes, but that’s not mine to tell you. It’s my brother’s.” Claudius was the leader of AniWaya and it only made sense for him to tell strangers what might have happened, as it could have been sensitive intel. But Ocèane saw that the pair meant no harm and gave them the gist of it, anyway. “This is spiritual ground, and the spirits that lived here with us became unhappy with us. We now reside farther East. That is all.” The woman spoke, and quickly afterwards the male’s companion asked if they could help.

Ocèane gave them a soft smile, moving to sit, still several feet away, so that the dude could relax and know she wasn’t going to hurt him in a sitting position instead of being so tense. “Thank you for the offer, but I think I’m the one that should be helping you. Are you looking for a pack? Directions, maybe?” She asked, knowing that if they were new around her Nova Scotia could be a confusing place to navigate. Ocèane, in her younger years, had gotten lost just outside the borders of her homeland not too soon after her first shift. Now she’d walked this place for years, and she knew almost every path that there was.

Image by Dru @ Flickr
Océane Aston

Ann
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:52 pm

Kenyon frowned slightly in disbelief at the explanation but only nodded. He didn't believe in spirits, or spiritual grounds, but he wasn't one to question the beliefs of others. It wasn't any of his business what others believed. Karli, on the other hand, looked wary at the other's words. "Spirits?" She asked, a quaver of fear in her voice. "What kind of spirits? Will they hurt us?" She flattened her ears at the thought and stepped closer to the male so that they were once again lightly touching. Kenyon swiveled his ears back toward her and shifted so that more of his body was against hers. Now that she really needed him, he wouldn't brush her off.

The chocolate female spoke again, answering Karli's offer to help with an offer of her own. "There is something..." Kenyon started hesitantly. He looked to Karli who offered a supportive smile and then he continued, this time with more confidence. "We're looking for some canines. Two white females, similar to us in appearance and build. One my age, one older. Their names are Wisteria and Lyris Stryder." Even as he said the words, he did not have any hope that this female had seen them. They were a long way from where the family had lived. But even after all this time he still had to ask. Just in case. Each time he told himself that he would have to stop looking eventually. That he couldn't live his whole life searching for them. Each time, though, he convinced himself to keep going just a little longer. The next one might know, or the next one. Eventually he would find them. He just couldn't give up.
Casa di Cavalieri
Prova (NPC)
Kite
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:29 pm

[354]

"Speech,"action.

Another reason that Ocèane had told them the truth was that she figured they would think her crazy, or just simply not believe her. Which was fine with her, many Luperci didn’t follow AniWaya’s spiritual beliefs, but she knew what she saw, and could only hope they would tread lightly if they decided to pass by the ancient grounds. She’d seen the worst that angry spirits could do, and it wasn’t something she wanted to see again. When the white female spoke up, warily questioning her, and almost frighteningly, Ocèane sighed and slowly shook her head. “I do not believe they have any reason to harm you and your friend.” Or mate, she almost added, but wasn’t sure on their status at the moment, given she had just met them. The chocolate woman curled her tail against her back, clear blue eyes carefully watching them, and scrutinizing what the male said next.

What she saw was honest, almost broken hope, and he pleaded with her with his eyes. Ocèane, in return, figured the least she could do for him was at least try to remember. She ran through her mind, bringing to picture every white, slim wolf she had seen. The only ones that came to mind were Attila and couple of loners met in the wild, but their names hadn’t been either of the ones given. Sighing, the woman shook her head again. “I’m afraid I haven’t heard of them.” She said softly, shrugging her shoulders. It was a very Luperci move, one usually only used in Optime but had become so natural to her it followed into her four-legged form. “I’m sorry. But my name is Ocèane, if you ever want some help around Nova Scotia you’re welcome to visit AniWaya’s borders.” The woman offered, having known her fair share of new, confused canines that had wondered onto the peninsula. Eventually, if they stayed here long enough, it wouldn’t be hard for them to start to figure the place out. But for now, she was experienced in giving directions and help to wandering loners.

Image by Dru @ Flickr
Océane Aston

Ann
the whole kaleidoscope

Archive