Crash upon the bloodied sands

[p. Lokr]

POSTED: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Ondine had no choice in the matter. Delfina had ordered her to wait at the cliff side, to watch for any whales or dolphins that bet beached. Of course it was a stupid demand, but Ondine could not go against her elder sibling, knowing that her mother wanted her to respect the eldest's wishes and desires. Delfina, after all, was special, with an ability that was unique and different. She also suffered from massive headaches at the worst of times that left her vulnerable and weak. But it also left her irritable and easily annoyed, and it left Ondine not wanting to be around the darker, older girl.

They had just learned to shift, after all, and she wanted to use her new found hands to go exploring and having fun. The two of them had been so secluded from the rest of the Family, that Ondine was worried her mother was ashamed of the two of them. Or at least overbearing in her concern for their well being. After all, their mother had said they were a miracle pair and she had never been able to bear young before.

At least their other mother felt sweeter to Ondine, who seemed to take her as her favorite. Lillith liked the younger girl and spoiled her behind Isabella's back, though the two of them were already plenty spoiled. Still, Ondine could not help but shiver a little at the sight of the crashing waves. When they had been younger, two things had happened. First, Ondine had found swimming strange and uncomfortable, but when she was sucked down into deep water she had panicked. That remained with her. And then, for some reason, Delfina told her that she had seen Ondine's death and that water would be the cause. Natural, the lighter girl wanted to avoid the water entirely, and it was Delfina's morbid pleasure to watch the younger sister cower and whimper at the sight of the sea.

Still, Ondine had been told to wait there, and wait there she would, though she wished dearly to run away and not return.
Ondine Heiwa
But I've been wondering, why can't you see? If the door opens up we go where it leads

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
The Seer
Gen
Luperci Curandera Mate to Janik
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

POSTED: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:24 am

The stag was frisky, and tossed his antlered head, eager to be given it. The leather reigns jostled in Lokr's hand. His eyes, faraway and dark with thought, flickered back to the present.

The man was riding down along the coast. He'd goods strapped to the beast's saddle, intended for trade further east; they jostled and jingled slightly, a sound swallowed by the cacophony of the ocean. Lokr rode easy, his hips rolling with the reindeer's strides, on hand rested in an illusion of laziness on the top of one muscular thigh.

The dark fingers served a different purpose; They were close enough to the sword and dagger at his hip that, in a moment's notice, the weapon could be wielded.

His eyes spotted her on the cliffside; The wind tore at her black dress, cascading it like a smudge of ink against the horizon. The young man frowned, his eyes overcast and stormy; Unfamiliar with the sight on the crest. A stranger? A newcomer? The wind brought him a scent as he neared, and pupils narrowed in surprise. Isabella's daughter? He had not seen her for moons.

The stag picked his way delicately up the rocky side of the cliff, sure as a goat. The ocean wind caught Lokr's dark hair and sent it wild, sent it flying maddened against his cold features.

"Ondine?" He asked, not sure if the wind might snatch away his voice before it reached the woman. There was a nervousness to her posture that made him uncertain; the dark one pulled his steed to a stop at a polite, wary distance from her.

He eyed the girl, the cliff, the ocean; Speculative, unsure. "Ondine? What are you doing?"

Women were strange creatures. He should not like to answer to Isabella if her daughter was to hurl herself off of the cliff and into the thrashing swells below.

slithered here from Eden

Alaine
Luperci /
wrath of the north
a voice in the deep

POSTED: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:40 am

Ondine stared at the waves and felt as though she were falling into it. Her head swam with the sight, as it threatened to swallow her and she swayed uneasily on her feet. But then the world rightened and she remembered that she had to be aware and ready for her sister to show up. But it had been so long since she was expected to be there and the sun was crawling away from the spot in the sky Delfina promised to have been there by. Time ticked by and she could feel the salt on her lips when she licked them.

The smell was heavy with salt, too, now that she tried to focus on something other than the view she forced herself to look at. Logically, she should have moved away from being so close to the edge or even turned away from it. However, Ondine was not thinking remotely so well now that she was here. She had had every intention of not even going, just because Delfina had a habit of making life nasty.

The sound of hooves did not move her from her position but the sound of a voice turned her watery gaze. She gave a sniff and turned almost teary eyes at Lokr. He was sitting upon his stag, the curious horned creature very unlike the horses her mothers had. "Oh, h-hello." Her voice faltered as she attempted a smile that was reminiscent of her mother's lessons on how to look mysterious and desirable. It came out much more childlike, making her look just as young as she was. She was not even a yearling, just a child, unimpressive.

"I'm sorry, do, do you need something, Lo- monsieur," she added, almost in an afterthought.
Ondine Heiwa
But I've been wondering, why can't you see? If the door opens up we go where it leads

Salsola
The Seer
Gen
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

POSTED: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:01 am

At the sound of her name, the girl's eyes turned toward him; They were a pensive, watery blue, as fragile as a fractured shard of the sky.

She was so young, still; The youth showed in her new body, thin and willowy, long of limb and flat of chest. The black dress, perhaps a size too large so that she might grow into it, was loose about the girl's lithe form, and moved as though underwater. Her straight, long tresses did likewise.

Lokr thought she looked like a drowned thing, even dry as she was. He had read of Ophelia, the name Artemisia had taken for herself - A dead girl who had suffered her sorrows in a shallow pond.

Her smile was broken too, and a little sad at its corners. Made curious by this strange, wounded creature, Lokr took a tentative step closer, and then another, till he was close enough that he could grab her if necessary. Then he smiled; A black smile full of sharp teeth, wicked and wonderful on the young man's face.

"There are many things I need," The wind made light of his cold voice, tossing it playfully between them. "Your mother's wrath is not one of them. Does she know you are up here?" There was no harm in being nice to the girl - She was a sad looking thing, after all, with her soft blue eyes and her uncertain voice. If ever there was a child so unlike her mother or sister, it was this one; The thought of Delfina was almost enough to make Lokr scowl. He was almost certain that Isabella had been sending that dark girl to spy on him, of late.

slithered here from Eden

Alaine
Luperci /
wrath of the north
a voice in the deep

POSTED: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:08 am

Her mother. Of course he was afraid of her mother. Ondine winced at the words about her, which made her regret her decision. She had been warned by her mother that lies would be said about her, but this did not seem like a lie. It seemed more than true. In her heart, Ondine knew she had to fear her mother, just as she feared her blood sister. And fear Isabella she did. But there was love there, for her mother, a senseless devotion to her, the both of them. It was funny that she knew he meant his birth mother and not his mother's female mate.

"You should be," she agreed, allowing a weak smile to twist at her already sad lips. It was hardly a threat, and more of an agreement. Lokr's smile was wicked looking, so she wearily looked him over, before crossing her arms tight across her body, fingers digging into her upper arms as she dared a glance at the water. She turned away just as quickly, hating the sickly feeling that bubbled up in her gut from the sight.

"No, she probably doesn't," added the young female, knowing well that Lokr was older than she, higher ranked, and had every right to an honest answer despite what her mother taught her at times. "But Delfina told me to meet her here, even though she knows I'm afraid of -" she froze, her eyes widening a little as she sharply closed her mouth shut. "She was supposed to be here a long time ago and..," paused the paler female. "I think she she forgot me." Or didn't bother coming at all.

Ondine Heiwa

Salsola
The Seer
Gen
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

POSTED: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:24 am

Her words might have been taken as a slight; But he could find no offense in the wry, gentle lines of her face. There was an urge to cup the gentle swell of her cheek, but it passed. There was enough of the glacier in him to wonder what Isabella had told this daughter about him, what lies she might have spun - Worse, what truths.

The dark one knew instantly, from the narrow darting of her eyes to the defensive angle of her shoulders, that Ondine was afraid of the deep blue that stretched out below them. It made him wonder at the state of her; What terrible force could make her stand so close to her phobia. His black lips twisted, slightly, into something black and sour - For he knew what kind of force it was.

There was a cruelty in his blood that understood the method well.

"She must have," He said, in a voice that was supposed to be soothing, but instead came out as dry as a crow-caw. One dark hand reached out toward the fair maiden, an offering that she might take it, and be led away from the high bluff. "Why not come with me, now? I can give you a ride home," Behind him, the reindeer lifted its head from hopefully grazing, and gave a soft low.

slithered here from Eden

Alaine
Luperci /
wrath of the north
a voice in the deep

POSTED: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 am

There was no softness about Lokr. He was all sharp angles and edges, nothing rounded. Her mother was rounded and soft and comfortable. However, that softness was fading and there some darkness in her that Ondine was beginning to worry over. Delfina was much the same; the softness was fading much faster and the serpents in her family were coming free from their eggs. Was it just her that had the softness lasting? She struggled with things her sister learned in ease, and excelled at kindness, something her sister failed to give more often than not.

Lokr offered her a hand, and Ondine stared at it. She was entirely unsure of the matter, her heart screaming to get away from the cliff, but her head roaring that Delfina would find some punishment for her if she did not stay, no matter how long it took. Still, the offer was incredibly tempting. Without thought, her hand began to reach out to his, a watery smile slipping onto her lips as she looked from the open palm to the undeniably attractive face in front of her.

However, her eyes began to tear as one side fought the other in her. "I, I, I can't. I shouldn't. She'll know, and then she'll do something to me. She told me she has seen how I'll.. I'll die." And then proceeded to tell her when Ondine annoyed or bothered her. Isabella knew nothing, and even Lillith had not been told of the story. A great death would come to her, a watery grave would be her keeper. So it made her fear the water greatly, even the deepest middle of the pond by home worried her. "You couldn't protect me from her; she has magic, bad magic," her voice grew a little higher, almost frantic in it's honesty. Her hands recoiled into her chest as she stepped backward, closer to the edge but unknowing of the danger.

Ondine Heiwa

Salsola
The Seer
Gen
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

POSTED: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:20 am

For a moment, he thought that might be the end of it - She reached out as thought to take his extended hand, and Lokr knew well that as soon as he held contact with the girl, he would be able to break whatever spell she was under.

However, her hand ceased its motion, hovering inches from his own. When he looked to the girl, her face was raw with fear and sadness.

A chill melted into him at her words, settling deep into his blue blood. He understood, then; Ondine was not a witch, and had not the cruelty her mother and sister possessed. How terrible it must be, to live surrounded by that impurity, that wickedness in the blood. Lokr was a man of sin, a man of blood possessed by sin, but still he thought himself above the line that Ondine was descendant of; Even now, he sought ways to lessen the grip that Isabella and Siv had on this land, and erode their unnatural influence here.

It would seem Delfina had already been corrupted. If she was having visions... The witchblood was in her.

Lokr smiled again, brittle this time, his pupils narrow in their mass of churning acidic green. "Ondine," He said softly, and there was the rasp of the serpent in his voice, a sliver of the silver that Sirius had used to turn minds to his advantage. It was persuasion, of an old kind; That came from the voice, and from the way his eyes met her own. "It is alright, Ondine. Do not be afraid of them. You tell your sister it was I who ordered you from this place," His eyes flickered to the ledge behind her, then back to the girl; And though his face was impassive as stone, there was a fire lit in green gaze.

"Come, little one," He said, and reached again from the girl. "At least, come sit with me a while. The wind is fierce up here, and see how it messes your hair? Come down the path, where it is less. We can talk there," He took a smooth step forward, and would grasp at her wrist if she offered it.

slithered here from Eden

Alaine
Luperci /
wrath of the north
a voice in the deep

POSTED: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Ondine almost whimpered as he evaluated her; she knew that look because her mother often used it when she inspected her two daughters. The gaze rested most critically on her, more often that Delfina, but her older sister had it much easier at everything she did. She was just as silver-tongued as their mother, just as slippery as a serpent that Isabella seemed. Lokr seemed a little slippery, too, as she looked at him, but she put it off to her mother's harshness about the male that she felt that negativity. Maybe her mother had lied, since Delfina seemed to lie so often, too.

Ondine looked up at the sound of her name, swallowing hard. The softness in his voice was disarming, and naive as she was, she took it for sympathy and empathy. He told her to not be afraid. But he did not lay at night beside them all, and wondered what they were plotting. She was never included, because of her conviction they said. Delfina said it was because Ondine was far too kind, too big of heart. It was something she had to work on if she wanted to be trusted by her sister and her mother. Lillith, though, was a comfort, who took her needs closely at hand. It was the one thing she had better than Delfina.

"No, you don't understand," she said firmly, those blues of hers losing some of their wateriness. "If I tell them it was you, I don't know what they'll do to me." Her gaze was much firmer, and her eyes were regaining their usual curiosity. Ondine was curious by nature but stifled with the strict environment she was raised in. "If I say I just got hungry, they won't think much of it; Delfina will just pinch and call me fat." Her smile was sardonic, seeing as Delfina found plenty of opportunities to mock her or belittle her. Delfina ignored it for the most part.

Still, his offer seemed great to her. To be away from the ledge. Ondine peered over the shoulder at the sea and instantly felt her head swim and body sway. The Heiwa girl realized what was happening as she lost her balance and she forced herself to tip toward Lokr, stepping as she leaned. She basically ran into him, away from the edge, at his chest, eyes shut tight.

Ondine Heiwa

Salsola
The Seer
Gen
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

POSTED: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:35 am

Sometimes, when he saw Delfina, Lokr felt something; A shiver of awareness that would trickle through him, the sensation of light behind eyelids just before one wakes. There was a sensation of almost knowing, a secret that would slip across his tongue - And then, just when he had it, the girl would smile her sweet, nasty smile, and the thought would be gone.

It left him wary, though still ignorant of the truth behind her smile.

Ondine had never raised such confusing feelings. At first, he had hardly seen the girl. Always, she trailed behind one of them - Delfina, Isabella, sometimes Lillith - And always, one of those other females had something more important to him, something else that held his gaze. Little Ondine was a perfect wallflower, a sad little doll dressed up in his peripherals, looking on but unseen.

Even now - while he watched her, while his mind worked cunning tricks to talk her down and away from the high bluff - even now, Lokr was truly thinking about other things, thinking about what it was she meant when she said 'If I tell them it was you, I don't know what they'll do to me,' thinking about the whispers he knew Isabella spread, the lies and the truths that were each as bad as the other.

As most always, Lokr was thinking about himself, in the selfish way of the self-obsessed.

But it didn't matter, because thankfully the girl was a sensible little creature. After a dizzying glance at the drop behind her, she shuddered forward and leaped into his arms.

He caught her easily, and it took no thought to wrap the girl up in his strong, leans arms, and hold her tight to his chest; Soft sweet whispers spilled from him to reassure her. She was light as a bird in his arms, lots of little bones fit together under silky tan fur - He had expected her to smell like Isabella, but Ondine was a fresh and pleasant scent all her own. "There, now," He said into the girl's long, silky hair; His eyes faraway, thinking about Isabella, ruminating.

slithered here from Eden

Alaine
Luperci /
wrath of the north
a voice in the deep

Archive