- Got a pack-related question? Check the FAQ!
- Check out the Pack Relationships on the Wiki!
- NOTE: Double check in the Game Statistics post to make sure your chosen pack lists joining as open. Encouraged packs are in need of members; Closed packs are not currently accepting joiners. Take into account whether a pack's joining is closed or open, though -- leaders may be more scrutinizing of newcomers if their ranks are very full.
- Species: Accepting of all variety/specie of canines - non-luperci are rejected or enslaved, however!
- Gender: Salsola is currently considered a matriarchy and male newcomers may find it difficult to join; see Policies for details.
- Territory: Salsola's claim occupies the westernmost portion of Drifter Bay; the icy Pictou River spills down from Halcyon to protect its eastern border, and sprawling Amherst city lines its northernmost reach. The Family enjoy a high jagged coastline, dense haunted forests, a swath of central marshy plains, and make their homes among the ancient ruins of a castle.
- Ranks: Extremely strict IC hierarchy; Members are expected to show proper submission or dominance when interacting with one another as befitting their current rank. Holding a corank, also known colloquially as a 'Job', is a good way for ranked members to display their value and prowess.
- History: Salsola was formed out of two canines' desires for power, wealth and privacy. Many of it's original membership came from Anathema, though the Family has since swelled with multiple pariahs from all over the known world. It has cultivated a number of profitable (& taboo) cultural quirks, such as slave-tending and the harboring of a coven of witches. Multiple battles and bloodshed ensued over Salsola's growing infamy, though the Thistle Kingdom continues to prosper in spite of its enemies.
- Social Structure: Values rank, mateship, wealth and secrecy over all else. Whilst on the surface Salsola's social structure appears to be tightly-knit and fortuitous, not everything is as it seems - backstabbing, secretive trysts, blackmail and so forth are commonplace as a sinister undercurrent to the public persona of a cohesive, strong community.
- Demonym: Salsolan
- Scent: Seasalt, damp soil, smoke, bog and thicket; prominently feminine.* * Salsolans frequently disguise their scent when leaving the territory!
- Welcome: Loyalists, witches (occultists), liars, the ambitious, the fortuitous, slaves
- Unwelcome: Gentle/kindly folk, heroes, wildlings/feral types, vigilantes, artists, simpletons, non-luperci
- Species: Luperci-dominant, but any canine is welcome to join.
- Territory: Casa's claim spreads from as far east as the rich forests of Arachnea's Revenge and The Sugarwoods to the rolling hills and valleys of Overgrowth Sunrise. The most central part of the territory engulfs all of Whisper Beach and the crumbling old roads of the past. Overall Casa hosts a vast range of creatures and habitats. Thick forests dominate Casa's land surrounding the east, while rolling hills and valleys take of the majority of the west.
- Ranks: The pack is led by two leaders of equal power. Members do not need to have combat skills to join but all members must participate in training threads and earn a co-rank in order to earn the glory of knighthood!
- History: Casa di Cavalieri was created out of a need for a central group of protectors after the Aniwayan/Crimson Dreams/Cour des Miracles war. The original founders believed that by creating a pack focused on the training of fighters they could deter, as well as greatly increase the reaction time of packs to similar, future threats.
- Social Structure: Casa di Cavalieri is dedicated to training knights who follow a code of honor; as such respect is given to all who are willing to help their brothers and sisters. All of the Cavaliers are expected to perform jobs for the pack on top of their training to keep the pack moving smoothly. Pups and youths are held in high regard and are given Mentors in order to mold them into prosperous members.
- Demonym: Cavalier
- Scent: Metallic, Salty, Woodsy, and Horses
- Welcome: Warriors, Healers, Diplomats, Equestrian Trainers, Hard Workers, Heros, Combat Trainees
- Unwelcome: Thieves, Troublemakers, Murderers, Addicts, Hermits, Liars
- Species: Welcoming and accepting of coyotes, and dogs, but highly critical of wolves - members must be under 50% wolf to join, or risk persecution.
- Territory: Del Cenere's territory wraps the northernmost point of Moosehead Lake, and stretches down to the Canaan Bog to the West, and the Burnt Church Mountain range to the east. A host to a number of thick bogs, flood plains, bluffs, rolling foothills, and mountains alike, there's no shortage of places for the coyotes to hide. Peppered throughout their claim are abandoned signs of long-dead civilizations, to which they coyotes and dogs carve their home.
- Ranks: Run by a leader and their second-in-command with their psuedo-council, a member's value is judged by their stringent work-ethic and loyalty to their community. Members thrive on the ideal of carving their niche tailored to the skillsets they have to offer.
- History: Del Cenere was originally two separate loner bands - the ex-Infernian formed Cartel, and the Drygrass Posse, who's roots stemmed further south. When a small company of wolves violently targeted the coyote-run groups, they bound together to destroy the interloping force and uphold their strong desire for a community in which they belonged.
- Social Structure: Honor is chalked up to one's own moral codes - and the Gang is a tightly-woven mesh. Individuality and choice is valued highly, but it's one's duty to return shares to the good of all of Del Cenere, by whatever means they so accrue their own wealth. Their ideals are carried soley by the expectation that if you help your neighbors, they help you back, and the blood of the covenant runs deeper than the life those were saddled with before, breeding with it deep loyalty.
- Demonym: Del Ceneren or Ashen
- Scent: Woodsmoke, dust, ash, horses, pine, coyote, leather
- Welcome Archetypes: Freemen, traders, homesteaders, and the self-made and disenfranchised
- Unwelcome Archetypes: Moral puritans, wolves, selfish hucksters, the unambitious, those lacking work ethic, freeloaders
- Species: New Caledonia accepts all variety of canine species but is luperci dominant. Non-luperci are either turned away...or turned.
- Territory: New Caledonia finds itself at the base of a set of mountains called The Teeth and has claimed a territory that holds a City Square at its heart. The territory was chosen for its protection, but also for its Highlands and Lowlands - an ode to the territory in the old country which was lost. The main residency is based upon Fort Louisberg, though it is in need of much work and repair.
- Ranks: Rank names are inspired by titles and offices held in a Game of Thrones, feudal tiers in medieval society, and the Sindarin language of J. R. R. Tolkien. Often these titles refer to the geography of New Caledonia. The High King or Queen has the final say in all matters of state, however, they will often seek the advice of the Lord Regent in everyday affairs. Promotions are completed through a mixture of activity, participation, and quest completion.
- History: Old Caledonia was a peaceful place where four clans lived across Highlands and Lowlands. Set upon by renegade forces in late 2018, the clans fought against their foes separately in an effort to drive them off. Late into the fighting The clans banded together to elect their first ever leader to unite them, High King Iomair Nartholiel. In 2019 the remaining members of Old Caledonia were forced to admit defeat and abandon their homeland in droves. After collecting what little remained of their lives, they began a pilgrimage to find a place where they could rebuild their lives.
- Social Structure: Some of New Caledonia’s customs have been recycled from their former fallen kingdom. Worship of Caledonia’s pantheon is common among its members, new and old. Ceremonies are undertaken by members of the faiths, ranging anywhere from burial baptisms, and river diving, to ritual fasting, and mountain vigils. Nature is deeply respected in all its many shapes and forms, even revered. Prominent families from Old Caledonia are afforded every respect, and newcomers are welcomed with open arms. Noble titles are coveted, proving one-self is required, and glory can be achieved so long as one puts in the hard work.
- Demonym: Caledonian
- Scent: Rock, Seasalt, Spruce, Horse, Dog and dog-hybrids.
- Archetypes: All archetypes welcome!