[CdM] A New Horizon Project & Event

POSTED: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:53 pm

A Grand Scheme Unfolds

A Massive Project Begins

Something big has come its way to the Court, and it's nothing short of a monumental personality. Thanks to her constant meddling, complaining, and commentary, Kalypso has been assigned a large project to keep her occupied. Unfortunately for everyone, it's a massive undertaking that will take a great deal of the Court to complete. Are you up for the task at hand?

Join the Court

Not a packmate? What to join in sooner? There are easy ways to do it if you simply look through our many lovely adoptables. We'd love to have you!

A Different Kind of Event

As is the rage of late, this is a multiple phase project. Each stage will be unlocked following full completion of prompts or any other criteria that may be assigned. The stage does not move on until all aspects are completed, but each stage provides new challenges, chances to win prizes, and in-character events. On top of that, the time of year will affect the prompts, creating a different scenario depending on how slowly or quickly things progress. That sounds like a win to us.

For it to continue to the next point, all prompts must be completed by at least 1 person. Everyone who completes prompts will earn bonus points for them, but only the first person will be able to claim the prize. To encourage fairness, we will limit prize claims to one per stage unless there has been no progress in a significant amount of time.

Each Stage will be listed in the follow-up post, so make sure to check those out! Everyone who submits a prompt, or even just completes the thread, will be listed.

Prizes

Prompt Submissions

The first person to submit a completed thread to a prompt will win an art piece of a character. To make it easier, the winner can only stipulate the character and a handful of personality traits. Art will be showcased as completed.

Raffle

Everyone who submits a completed prompt, even if it does not win the art prize, will be entered to win a massive art piece of the character(s) of their choosing as well as a permanent title of their choosing.

FAQ's

Prompts

• Does each character have to complete every prompt for the project to progress?
    No. The completed prompts can be spread across multiple characters, as long as there’s at least one completed thread for each prompt.
  • When does a prompt thread count as completed?
    In order to qualify for the prize and/or points, there must be 1000 words written by the submitting player. That means if Wolf wrote four posts, totalling over 1000 words and Dog wrote three posts, totaling 700 words, only Wolf can claim the prize. If both Wolf and Dog wrote over 1000 words, then they both may claim art prizes at the time of submission. Threads do not need to be archived, but should feature at least 3 posts per character with the majority of the thread involving the prompt. We encourage you to complete threads so that both partners can win.
  • How do you determine who gets prizes for prompt threads?
    The first person/group to submit the thread gets the prize, it’s that simple. If it’s a tie (ie within 10 minutes or less), we’ll split the prize. Everyone who submits to a prompt, however, will be entered in for the raffle. If both (or more) participants are submitting threads, each person must submit it individually.
  • Can prompt threads be RO or Self-Thread?
    No, they must be with other players unless otherwise specified.

Prizes

• Can I submit more than one submission for prizes?
    Initially, no. We want to be fair and let everyone have a chance to win prizes. However, if a stage is sitting idle, we will open submissions to multiples.
  • Can I request art of a non-Court character?
    We would prefer it if you did not, but we are permitting it!
  • Do multiple submissions over the course of the event mean I am entered multiple times in the event?
    For the moment, no, but we will update if that changes over the course of the event!

Forms

Prompt Submissions

Code: Select all
[b]Prompt #:[/b] the number of the prompt being submitted
[b]Participants:[/b] who is doing the thing
[b]Word Count:[/b] give us the total tally
[b]Character:[/b] who is getting the art
Cour des Miracles
OOC Account
Gen & Rat

POSTED: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Stage I: Not So Humble Beginnings

Blooming like it's spring

It was shaping up to be a quiet Winter - until Kalypso Savoy joined the Court. Now, following a pack meeting to announce an exciting new project, a folder has appeared on the concierge’s desk in the Chien Hotel, with sticks of charcoal and scrap paper sitting nearby. It’s almost as if someone’s inviting Courtiers to sketch out their ideas for housing...

Mini Contest!

A luperci-made folder - nothing more than a brown pulp pressed flat and dried - is left on the concierge desk. Rough paper will sit near the folder with charcoal available for people to leave their ideas and suggestions in the folder.

Members can ICly leave their suggestions for the project leaders to review and take note of. OOC this is a quick little mini contest! We’ll take your ideas for housing (1 entry per person). If we pick it, we’ll use it as the newest housing choice for the Court. Heck, we might even use different kinds! Winner will also get an avatar drawn by Gen.

PM the pack account with your submission

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Image:[/b] if available
[b]Description:[/b] As descriptive as you can be

Stage I

1. There’s a buzz in the air! Plan your dream house, argue about the ideal living space or just generally discuss the forthcoming building project with a pack mate!
    • First Claim: Serena, Willow
  2. Research and/or suggest to leadership what types of houses or structures to consider building.
    • First Claim: Gaia, Silvano
  3. Scout out potential locations for the new housing location. Maybe there is trouble with the most idyllic place? Sometimes firm ground is not so solid, and other times the trees are perhaps dangerously leaning..
    • First Claim: Silverbell, Skoll
  4. It’s a good time to start looking into picking up a skill or two for this project! Perhaps carpentry, pottery making, masonry, any sort of crafting. Heck, maybe it’s a good time to just see what your fellow packmates know about building projects - some might already have some knowledge under their belt…
    • First Claim: Basil, Kalypso

Stage I - Submitted Prompts

Cour des Miracles
OOC Account
Gen & Rat

POSTED: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Stage II: The Beginning Of Our Labors

The storm has passed

With our lost friends gone but never forgotten and the dust having (mostly) settled, now seems like a good time to look to the future of the Court and resume the plans for new housing. An area near Les Champs d'Or has been deemed most suitable for the next stage of our major project!

After a brief reconnaissance, the area to be cleared has been marked out with sticks atop which colorful strips of shredded cloth wave. Everyone is encouraged to spend some time clearing out the location, while setting aside any materials gathered to be used later.

Stage II Map

My, my, we even have a map ready to go for the completed project! Please remember that this is the map as we intend it to look upon completion; that does not mean that it will look like this at the end of the second stage! The whole purpose of stage II is to get the groundwork done. Click the map for a bigger version. More explanation will be provided after it is all completed.

Stage II Prompts!

1. Begin clearing away the trees, shrubs, bushes, and rocks. Bored? Employ less orthodox methods. Fire isn’t unorthodox, right? What about horses?
    First Claim: Skoll & Kalypso
  2. There is a stream in the spot, but it's not yet a pond. Start digging it out, save the stones for the pathways that will mark the sidewalk for our new village.
    First Claim: Alouette, Julia, & Kalypso
  3. Collect tools, specialty materials, or even start considering what sorts of things you will need in a new home. Find or make the things you want to see, like shelves, pots, tables, beds. Anything and everything!
    First Claim: Reblin & Kalypso
  4. Get to know Harrison! This guy has building knowledge and skills; maybe give him a hand with his work?
    First Claim: Thyri & Abigail

Fill the Forum Goals

A twist to this project is that not only do we want to do prompts, but we also want to also boost activity! All posts/threads/etc submitted should not be prompt threads. Any player, regardless of if they have submitted a prompt thread may also enter other items that fit the criteria. These submissions do not have to relate to the housing event.

Limit 3 submissions per player. Each player that submits 3 will earn a small art piece.

6 posts 3 AW starters 3 private starters

Stage II - Submitted Prompts

Cour des Miracles
OOC Account
Gen & Rat

POSTED: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Stage III: From the Ground Up

Home is where our heart rests

The land has been cleared out, and the official layout of the coming homes has been revealed. And yet, it is missing a very clear homey touch to it all.. There’s a lot of work to be done and everyone will need to pitch in if this will be a great place to live. The Court is so close to getting its brand new housing and only a fragment of work is needed!

Stage III References

As a reminder, here is our map to base your threads around. House claims are now available on the residences wiki page. We encourage people to think about where their characters would want to go, and, as always, it is not required that you claim a mound. But be aware that the Hotel may just not be long for the world..

We also have a mound house reference guide for you to base your homes on, though imagine that it is perhaps a little rougher and larger considering that they are Luperci and not hobbits.

Stage III Prompts

1. Houses have been marked with their general layout in sticks, rock, and brick. Start building your home by hollowing it out, adding supports or creating the general architecture needed for it to resemble a home.
    • First Claim: Reblin and Alouette
  2. Line and fill the bottom of the newly dug out pond with clay, sand, and stones, just to make sure it’s very water tight come time to break the retention wall.
    • First Claim: Reblin and Paloma
  3. There are places marked with those all too familiar sticks and a rough map drawn on bark has been set out in the open. Assist in the construction of a public area such as the gardens, animal pens, community center, storage areas, or workshops.
  4. Work on the decorative things! Start your own gardens and lawn decorations, make your interior goods, start to decorate!
    • First Claim: Skoll Haskel and Cidro
  5. In need of material goods, it is encouraged that a hunt be conducted in order to bring in an overabundance of furs and pelts for use. Start a hunt with a friend, or gather a group of like-minded individuals.

Fill the Forum Goals

As per our last stage, we aim to see some lovely posts in the forum. Any player, regardless of if they have submitted a prompt thread may also enter other items that fit the criteria presented below. These submissions do not have to relate to the housing event in any way unless you want. They cannot be part of submitted prompts c;

Limit 3 submissions per player for now. Each player that submits 3 will earn a small art piece.

9 posts
6 AW starters
6 private starters

Stage III - Submitted Prompts

Last edited by Cour des Miracles on Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cour des Miracles
OOC Account
Gen & Rat

POSTED: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:51 am

TOP OF THE WORLD, BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN
THEY BUILT YOU UP AND BROKE YOU DOWN AGAIN
SO NOW YOU HOPE TO BEAT THE SURF IN

Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:28 am

Updated! I know the rest of you have things to submit c;
KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCharacter Wiki
Petite Cour
Oratrice
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave
◄taste, what a bittersweet►

POSTED: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:18 am

Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:38 am

AbigailSadira

Let me light up the sky, light it up for you

Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:15 am

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas (NPC)
Ray
Luperci Venerate savagery, Die savagely

POSTED: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:20 pm

Updated! Hero pls PM me your doodle request and I will add it to my list c:
KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCharacter Wiki
Petite Cour
Oratrice
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave
◄taste, what a bittersweet►

Dead Pack News