[MV] A Lean Winter

SoSu Drama

POSTED: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:28 pm

A Lean Winter

Introduction

Winter is a challenging time for everyone.

❄❄❄

Prey is scarcer and the ground is coated in a stark white layer of snow. Both pose great challenges to the inhabitants of the land, who must band together to provide for themselves and each other. Greater still are the challenges faced by those who do not have a pack to call their own...

❄❄❄

As the new year begins, Mistwalkers begin to find evidence of trespassers upon the borders. At first, it's small, innocent signs. A few footprints here and there and bushes are found bare of anything edible. As the month draws on, the trespassers seem to get a little more daring. Before long, the footprints begin to traipse deeper and deeper into the Vale's territory.

❄❄❄

By the end of January, the Vale finally lays their eyes on the trespassers. In the early hours, four-armed strangers attempt to raid Mistfell Vale's pack storage, leaving the Mistwalkers to defend what's theirs...

Blackwood's Gang

Somhairle Blackwood

Type: Wolf
x

The group's de facto leader. Battle-hardened and streetwise, Som has no real ties, nor any love for, the other members of his little band, but he's smart enough to know that there is strength in numbers. A large, hulking wolf hailing originally from the Highlands, Som made plenty of enemies due to his iron fist, but he knows the odds of one against hundreds and he's now seeking greener pastures...

Csaba Benedek

Type: Wolfdog
x

Silent and observing, he is the closest Somhairle has to a right hand man. Csaba hails from the Carpathian Mountains, evident in his thick, pale fur. His command of the English language is far better than his seemingly selective mutism would have you believe. The most mysterious member of the group, nothing much is known about Csaba, even by Som. Whatever his past contains, it's prompted him to leave Europe forever...

Klaas Aubameyang

Type: Jackaldog
x

A jackaldog, fathered by a merchant from the African continent who decided to stay with the Dutch beauty he'd discovered. Klaas made his name as a jack(al) of all trades before falling prey to the cycle of drugs, poverty and crime. A bounty on his head for non-payment meant Klaas had to seek a world unknown across the sea, though seeing the bitter North American winter for the first time has made him question the decision...

Malthe Comtois

Type: Dog
x

A Belgian dog hybrid, brought up on the streets. Growing up without ties eventually led him to Europe's bustling ports. So, after attempting (and failing) to keep honest, steady employment, Malthe eventually made enemies with his constant thievery... Left with no choice but to hop on the next ship out of Europe, he fell in with Som's little gang...

Rune Norgaard

Type: Wolfdog
x

A young Danish runaway seeking to follow his mysterious uncle across the sea in the name of adventure. A northern hybrid, Rune is physically prepared for the cold winter ahead, but he's still a youngster and seems to have underestimated the trouble that seems to follow his four older companions...

Prompts

Naturally, these are just some suggestions for thread topics! If your idea for a thread isn't listed here, feel free to steam ahead with it, and maybe reply here so it can be added to the prompt list for others to see! Please, however, bear in mind that until late January, the Scavengers will be keeping their heads very low and aside from a few glimpses of them while scouting, it's unlikely that the Mistwalkers will have any direct contact with them! As the month drags on, the Scavengers will get ever bolder and, thus, signs of trespassing will start to appear deeper into the territory.

• Footprints are the most common proof of the group's trespassing. Starting from just outside the border towards the beginning of the month and gradually daring to creep future into the Vale as the month draws on.
  • The already scarce berry bushes on the outskirts of the Vale are showing telltale signs of being pilfered.
  • Prey, while scarce, is still available and it's not just the Mistwalkers who have been trying to hunt. Bones and scraps have been found littered around the place, usually small prey such as hares, but sometimes larger prey such as small deer.
  • Abandoned camps can be spotted fairly often since the group are constantly eager to move on. Here, some scant few clues can be found.
  • Scouting and patrolling are heavily encouraged by the Ursarchon in the wake of these trespassing incidents.
  • Border damage is just one of the unfortunate side effects of the Scavengers presence. The feeble fortifications that the Vale possesses, simple fences and scent markers have been deconstructed and scented over, requiring some maintenance.
  • Some of the outer buildings in the Vale will begin to bear the signs of looting and vandalism towards the end of the month, they are very first signs of the stranger's boldness increasing.

The Battle

Towards the beginning the middle of the month, a battle thread will be posted, dated for the 31st. In it, three of the five trespassers will meet their end, the fourth being captured and held prisoner and the fifth and youngest escaping capture, although injured. Therefore, we need some plucky Mistwalkers to take out the threats! ;) Please reply here to sign up for your opponent! Please discuss between yourselves what the battle tactics will be and, if there are more than one of you, who strikes the killing blow!

• Somhairle is an experienced fighter and a rather large man. Two or more will be required to take him down! Those facing him will be Rialu, Zuri and Ezra.
  • Csaba is another larger man, and while he's not a trained fighter, he is well muscled from manual labour! Two or more will be required to take him down! Those facing him will be Sedona, Ginny and Rupert.
  • Klaas, although small, is a scrappy fighter and will fight dirty. One will be required to take him down! Facing him will be Saga.
  • Malthe is a reluctant fighter and has in the past attempted to be the voice of reason. He will most likely meet his end attempting to protect the others. One or more will be sufficient to take him down. Those facing him will be Wally, Falcon and Phoenix.
  • Rune is a young, but tenacious boy. One combatant will face him, though it is recommended that someone equally as young or unexperienced in battle face him. He is to suffer significant injuries but ultimately escapes. Facing him will be Skadi.

Rewards

Each thread related to the plot nets you 10 points! The above prompts are also January's Thread Prompts, which means you're able to claim even more points!

Last edited by Mistfell Vale on Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mistfell Vale
OOC Account
Vida

POSTED: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:40 pm

I'd like Vera to join in the fight! Against Somhairle or Csaba or really whoever, she will just be itching to fight whoever has been sneaking around the Vale honestly
Vera Zharkov
Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:59 pm

I'd like to sign up Skadi Eklund to fight against Rune Norgaard, please :O
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kamari Kaiser

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Salsola
The Emissary
Songbird
Moderator Luperci Sapienza, Vedetta Mate to Krios Royalty of a Fallen Kingdom
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

POSTED: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:03 pm

I'll pitch Sedona, on horseback (Hopi) against Csaba. >:D

POSTED: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Wally can fight alongside anyone going against Somhairle, Csaba, or Malthe and can help patch up anyone after the fight.
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Noah
The Steadfast Spirit

POSTED: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:09 am

Rialu will be able to help with either Somhairle or Csaba, most likely Somhairle looks like. She is a ranged fighter mainly so she will act as a decent support for tougher enemies.

Jordan
Luperci Mate to Virue

POSTED: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:52 pm

Falcon can help fight Somhairle, Csaba, or Malthe, depending on the needs of the groups. She has a pair of throwing handaxes that are good for close quarters and short-range combat (as long as she can get her axes out of whatever they hit).
Note: Falcon uses he/him pronouns publicly (i.e. to most packmates, acquaintances, and strangers) and she/her pronouns privately (i.e. to specific, close friends).
Loners
Coyote Hybrid
Alexander
With great distinction, I carry on They stole my dirty socks... :( Spring Spree 2020

POSTED: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:51 pm

I'd like to sign up Zuri. Feel free to just toss her into any group that has some space for her. Peeps have already got their claims ahead of me. <3
Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena
Luperci Mate to Grievous Historiador & Libro Guardiana The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:59 pm

I'd like to sign Ezra up for a fight if there's any room left. :3 Just plot him anywhere, I don't mind fillin in a hole!
Loners
Wolf
Dark
Luperci Spring Spree 2020
War is in My Heart

POSTED: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:37 pm

I'd like to sign Ginny and Rupert up to fight! They can go wherever. :D
ARRAN
  73/500 Honor  
New Caledonia
Distinguished
Myst