[NC] The Call to Court

POSTED: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:02 am

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The Call to Court

The Call to Court is to be held once annually, and the entire Realm is invited to celebrate. For this season there is much to look forward to, as Caledonians laud the return of their Queen-Consort and the coming of spring by holding a ball. For the Courts of Dusk and Dawn it is considered one of its most opulent events, and members are encouraged to display their intended or current court through their dress and styling.

The celebration takes place in and around The Kings Bastion - with revelers able to wander the Guild Hall and Market Place at their leisure. This is the time to get to know your fellow Caledonians, and to learn more about the Courts that the Valar aspire to fill with shiny Nobility.

A Rose Between many Thorns...

Members of the Realm are able to invite one Salsolan visitor to the event should they wish - though keep in mind the rules re: how long visitors may stay within the pack. As you may have noticed, Salsola will be sending a delegation to initiate trade with New Caledonia starting on January 3rd which means that the King and Lord-Regent have invited them to stay over night for the celebration which begins on January 4th. Most, if not all, of the Salsolans will have disappeared back to their home come morning, almost like magic!

Now is the time to make new friends and rivals. Perhaps your character isn't too thrilled with our new benefactors...or knows something the King and Regent do not.

The Duel

The King and Lord-Regent chooses members of the Realm to play the parts of the Sun and the Moon and they duel - though the duel is staged so that the sun always wins. The purpose of the party is to celebrate the return of the sun and the eventual coming of spring.

Being chosen to play either part is considered a great honor. Some nobles tend to read deeply into these choices and spin stories of politics and fantasy behind the players backs.

Should you wish for your character to be considered for the role, please submit in reply to this thread using the form below. The Sun and Moon will be decided upon ICly by the King and Lord Regent and announced during our inaugural opening ceremony - which will be posted here on January 4th.

Should you submit, please note that you will be asked to participate in a timely manner to duel another character! Submissions Close January 3rd!

Code: Select all
 [b]Characters Name:[/b]
[b]Requested Position:[/b] Sun/Moon

Submit Threads to Collect Honor

Please reference our Pack Game in order to review how to collect Honor.

Characters are encouraged to participate in side threads and to gallivant with other members of The Realm. Please submit all threads related to the Call to Court here! Each thread submitted or participated in will net your character +10 Honor! Be sure to update your points claims as we go along.

Ideas for Threads:

• Cleaning Kings Bastion after or before the party.
  • Trading for some goods to bring to the event!
  • Dancing !
  • Sultry flirting on the sidelines...
  • Collecting a trade from a Salsolan visitor.

The world is your oyster!

Notes

Please take heed, New Caledonia is still a blossoming jewel of the north - and though the Valar have elected to throw a celebration and bring everyone together, the realm is not yet known for its wealth or intricate design (yet!). Characters must adhere to Souls realism rules in regards to clothing and adornments, and as many of us are refugees our finery may be a little quieter than most.

That does not make us any less beautiful however! Show off your finest creativity with pride!

Farewell

And so SoSu begins! Pleasant writings, Caledonians...and may the gods watch over you.

New Caledonia
OOC Account
Amanda

POSTED: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:14 am

Characters Name: Kalypso Savoy
Requested Position: Sun
KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCharacter Wiki
New Caledonia
High Lady of Dawn
Gen
Moderator Tinker III, Corsair II, Merchant III

† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave
◄taste, what a bittersweet►

POSTED: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:07 am

Characters Name: Aidan Loch
Requested Position: Moon
New Caledonia
Commoner
Shepherd
Ironpaw I

POSTED: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:54 am

Characters Name: Inara Ailurus
Requested Position: Sun/Moon (either one is fine with me)
*Please note that the Images are Artist Interpretation of Inara's actual outfits <3 *
New Caledonia
Escal (NPC)
Bear
City Watch III, Heartward III If only it could have stuck
Tormented 'Soul
Devil in Angel's Clothing

POSTED: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:15 pm

Characters Name: Avery Knight
Requested Position: Either

Melissa
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:17 pm

Characters Name: Fennore
Requested Position: Moon

Image Image Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
High Lady of Dawn
veldt
'Souls Soldier of Love Luperci Magister III, Diplomat III, Stylist I
• moonwraith •
twilight princess

POSTED: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:19 pm

No reason not to apply right?
Characters Name:Torabera Tanaka
Requested Position: Sun or Moon (I’d just be happy to participate!)
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Smike
Luperci Pathfinder I, Woodwright II, Reaver I What the spud!? Spring Spree 2020 NC's Top Poster!
Dishonor is removed through death

POSTED: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:40 pm

Characters Name: Nkechi Ndaiye (Sigridur Huxley as well if you want)
Requested Position: Moon (Sun for Sigri if you want)
Silas del Morte

Salsola
Indentured Servant
Salena
Luperci Forever Changing Bound to the Raven's Call
SILENCE

POSTED: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:40 pm

The Call to Court is here!

The Lord Regent and King have decided on the players for their duel (OOC this was done by RNG) and Kalypso Savoy will act as our Sun, and Torabera Tanaka will be our Moon!

Stay tuned and keep an eye on the thread for the duel to take place, once it's complete the thread is open for all! In the meantime feel free to start side threads or meet our mysterious benefactors.

>=]
New Caledonia
OOC Account
Amanda

Dead Pack News