And I know it's not your fault, it never is... is it?

For Basilio

POSTED: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:36 pm

And every broken heart will mend,
So help me, I won't let this be how it ends.

Faith moved alone this time. Night had taken over the land, and Dahlia was resting with Hope in their larger cavern. They shared a home with those whom had chosen to stay behind when Inferni had broken apart... and everything just seemed to feel so empty. The older sibling had done her best to take care of her family. It had always been like that from the day their father decided to abandon all of them without so much of a warning. Their mother had been heartbroken, and the rape Izual had brought upon her only made things worse.

She had become her mother and her family's protector... and she had failed them.

Blue-green gaze drifted over to the staff her fingers laid curled around. It was the only thing left the family had of their father's... a detailed staff with scripture carved along the sides of it. None of it made any sense to her... why had he left them? It wasn't like she was going to be getting answers.

The robed girl began to make her way towards the church once more. Jhiral had made it into his own home, so as long as she was quiet, hopefully him and the bird would not mind her coming to pray in the middle of the night. Pushing the door open, she slipped inside, making her way to the altar before dropping down onto her knees. The youngest sibling seemed to have broken away some from her de le Poer line. She had been trying to convince Faith that maybe this was all the Lord's fault, that maybe he was the devil and not the God their mother sometimes spoke of.

She couldn't bring herself to believe that. He had to watch over them... he had to.

The darker sibling was quick to finish her work before moving back onto her feet, exiting the building before making too much noise. Head lowered as she began to make her way towards the cave system once more. Perhaps it was best that she tried to get some rest as well.

Let me know if anything needs to be fixed. I will put a mature tag on later if we need it. | [wc — +300] template by hilli
Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:27 am

(181)

OOC text

He wasn't sure when he had become aware of his surroundings. Perhaps it was with the flow of blood as his first born daughter cut his fur from his body or took his skull as her trophy. Perhaps it was when the only woman he had ever truly loved had been taken from this world to the next under the vile jaws of the only creature he had hated worst than himself. Perhaps even yet, it was the source of his power, the source of his energy, his family who grieved not only for the loss of their father but for the loss of their mother as well.

What he did know was that the first few thoughts in his mind had been rattled with confusion, at his place in this world and this limbo he had been placed within. He had watched them for days, for hours, but time itself seemed irrelevant when the only thing he could do at first was watch. Communication attempts came and went. Sometimes, he spent hours by Faith's bed, talking to her throughout the night. Other times, he visited Hope, intent on breathing his sorrows at having left them from her thoughts so she could sleep well at night.

It was Faith, however, who worried him the most. Like him, she had been entrusted with the protection of her family after his absence. He had only known this by the way she acted, through whispered words through prayer late into the night or early into the morning. She was a child of faith like he had been, though she stuck to it with a much further grip than he had ever been able to, even toward the end of his life when he had tried to get right with God, with his family, with those he loved within the pack he had called home.

Things were different. Their home was different and these were not the lands he had grown up within. There were times when he despaired, times when he felt like weeping despite the tears that would not come and it was within those times of great emotion that he realized, up to a fault, that he could do things that were not possible if he were not feeling these emotions so raw and untamed. Tonight was no different. As his Hope slept, his Faith rose from the slumber her sisters had fallen into and he followed her as adeptly as he did most nights, a watchful, perhaps vengeful, angel in the quiet of night.

He had been present for most of her conversations with the darker toned girl, the one not of his blood that did her best to steal the namesake from the girl he had at least made an attempt at raising.

He knew her thoughts for the same had been in his mind when he and his father, his adoptive brother, were kidnapped by slavers and taken away. When he lost his father to the abyss, never to see him with his own two eyes again. Perhaps that's what triggered his emotions, as raw as they were. His figure faded in and out as Faith strode toward the caves, the sound of his feet on the dirt beside her ever present as she walked. Two sets of foot prints in the sand, in the dirt. "You mustn't let her get to you, Faith. You simply mustn't."

Loners
Dead
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Faith had always been aware of the spirits that lingered around her, whether they just be a col spot in the air that wrapped around her, or some who were able to project an image of themselves in the living world. There were many who dwelt in the church. It made sense. Even in its decaying state, it was meant to be a holy place, a building placed on sacred ground. Why would they not want to live in the house of God, waiting for their moment to be lifted up to heaven in his arms?

They too had tried to give her some comfort, yet it hadn't been enough.

What was noticable was one seemed to be following her. The chill clung to her back as she moved about the land, making her way to and from the church. It wasn't until she made it back to the cave system that his force grew stronger. The chill in the air intensified, a noticable change in the air given they were still in the middle of summer. Even during the evening nights, there was heat clinging to the air.

Then that voice...

At first, the robed girl didn't even want to turn around. It was some kind of trick, a lie. He was long gone... abandoned them so long ago... but there was no mistaking the sound of his voice. Basilio's words came loud and clear to her trained senses. She had been hesitant, not wanting to turn around to find that all of this was just something in her head. She stood still, closing her eyes.

And then she turned... opening them...

And there he was. It really was him. Her father stood before her, spoke to her. Tears began to run down her cheeks, unable to hold back the emotions swirling about in her head. After all this time... after everything her family had gone through... now he was coming to her. Why now? Why not sooner? Her head lowered, the feelings only growing stronger, "F-father.."

ooc stuff here | [wc — +300] template by hilli
Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:59 am

(181)

OOC text

There were so many days when he had wished he could talk with her, to spill the news that he had not run away from Crucifix or either of them, that he had never intended on abandoning them, that his lack of presence was not because he wanted to be from their lives but because he had died. Neither of the children had known how sick he was, though Crucifix had known of his lack of appetite, his depression, even, that made him drink, that had made him angry in his last days on this earth.

He knew not if she had ever told them about it and he doubted very much that either child knew that his presence here meant that he was, indeed, dead since it had taken this long to even get through to just one of them.

Emotion.. It was always the key to getting through the fields that kept him from his children, that had kept him from his mate in the days and weeks that had followed his dismissal from Inferni and from this world. He was in purgatory, a place that existed between the planes. A place worse than hell, he imagined, where there were more souls than there were demons and angels. Where he had to suffer through the pain of watching his mate be hurt, worse even, eventually killed. He did not care for the desire of watching his children be hurt, though he could see that it was the path they were upon, especially Faith.

He was not aware the sound of his voice had been heard, even with Faith turned around, her eyes closed and her ears stiff with alertness and desire to know what was actually real in this situation. When her eyes opened, his own wine and lavender spritzed gaze focused on hers, he watched the look of bemusement and surprise cross her face and when she spoke to him, he went stiff in his own place and uncomfortably shifted from one foot to the next. Only then did he realize how big she had gotten.

"You can see me?" he asked, his voice a mixture of disbelief and startled excitement. "Look at me, mi Corazoncita," he requested, his voice ladled with emotion, raw, unbidden emotion. "I don't know how much longer you'll be able to see me."

Loners
Dead
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Faith and Hope had been told at least in small pieces about how their father was before he had left them.. but it had come so much later after the fact.. they were so much younger at the time.. but it was no excuse for the heartbreak he had caused their entire family. Their mother had been destroyed by his choice, even chasing after his scent the same night he had left them all th way to the borders. Her sadness was unlike anything the darker daughter had even seen before... had ever felt before. It had to have been harder on her than it was for the two daughters.

The tears running down the robed woman's face would not stop. There were too many emotions running wold through her. Sadness, anger, and excitement just to name a few. He was finally back after all this time. His state of being told her enough that he had passed on sometime after he left all of them, but still didn't know the how or why. Didn't she of all people deserve to know? Crucifix should have known from the start... but now that wasn't going to happen now was it?

Her mother was probably in Heaven waiting for him and he would still never be reunited with her.

Upon his request, the darker daughter lifted her head up to Basilio, gazing at his form. Neither one of them knew how much time this was going to last, as not all spirits would stay aware to the living for very long. Her body straightened up, ears pulled back as she tried to figure out what to say.. how she should say anything. Gaze drifted back down slightly, finally coming to the one thing she desired to know the most, "Why...? Why did you abandon us...?"

ooc stuff here | [wc — +300] template by hilli
Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

Canon