Little hope, little home of heavenly

p: Aether | D'Neville Mansion, The Waste

POSTED: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:13 am

For Aether. This is set in the D'Neville Mansion in Inferni's old territory. This thread is set in March 2016. Wraith is in her optime (two-legged) form.

Vesper had come to Wraith with a proposition and Wraith had accepted. Now, it was time to break the news to Vendetta and Aether. She would later have to travel to Anathema to give the same news to Havoc and Mido. She didn’t anticipate that any of them would take it well, and it was a conversation she wasn’t looking forward to either, but it was something she needed to do if she could leave. It was the adult thing to do and Wraith was, allegedly, quite adult. Her children, too, had aged well; at two years of age, they were adults, too, so she could only help they would approach this decision with he foresight she knew they would possess.

She decided she’d let fate decide who she spoke with first. If she could find Aether first, though, all the better; Wraith wanted to get the toughest conversation done first. Certainly, no one would be happy, but Aether and Wraith were so alike that she knew that it would result in someone taking a stand on something. Both were stubborn in ways that astounded even Wraith.

Wraith decided to check the D’Neville Mansion first, hoping that perhaps Aether was in the old, creepy house somewhere. Wraith still preferred to live in a den rather than the old, dilapidated human house, but that didn’t mean she would shirk it entirely. Plenty of Infernians made it their home, so Wraith hoped that she’d find her daughter in this popular spot.

She approached the mansion from he rear gate, skirting the lake, but heading past the fire pit. She paused for a moment to consider whether Aether would be in the Hospital House or the mansion itself, but decided that the Hospital House would be too unlikely. Though, the Greenhouse might be an option, too. Wraith considered the small building and then decided to take a chance and see if Aether was inside.
Wraith Creed
I thought I felt a spark; thought I felt a flame
when something changed in you, who took the blame?

Tammi
Luperci Crown Contest Winner!

POSTED: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:15 pm

OOC: Sorry for the delay – let me know if anything needs to be changed!

The glow of the waning afternoon seemed to soften the world around its edges, casting the interior of the mansion in dim shadow. Outside, the crickets raised a chorus, and the birds warbled their evening songs.

Caught in a shaft of light, Aether reclined against the wall farthest the entrance and combed through her mane with impatient fingers.

She knew the effort was futile - that it would only result in further tangles - but it was something. Though her muscles ached from the day's exertions, and her hands were littered with nicks and bruises, energy yet simmered beneath her skin – like an unpleasant itch that grew worse the longer she scratched at it.

Her hand snagged on a particularly stubborn gnarl, and she hissed at the burning sensation that radiated across her scalp. Fruitless, a nagging voice reminded. Aether was tempted to claw through the knot for sheer spite.

Before she could fully entertain the idea, however, her mother's tawny silhouette materialized in the entryway. Grown or not, the sound of her name off Wraith’s tongue was disconcerting – though she would never admit to this aloud. It was, she reflected grimly, merely part of being a daughter.

Breathing a sigh, she abandoned her pursuit and brushed the hair from her eyes. Her head still throbbed dully. Buzzing with something like anticipation – or trepidation – she closed the distance between them in a few swift strides. "Here, mom."

Pipit
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:28 pm

Looks good to me!

Wraith had been right in heading to the D’Neville Mansion. It was the best bet, generally if you were looking for someone in the clan because it was the closest thing they had to a centralized meeting spot. Coyotes by nature were more tightly-knit than most wolf packs, so it wasn’t unusual to find clanmates clustered in smaller groups rather than huddled together in a communal den like their cousins. While Wraith preferred it that way most times, it could make it tough to track someone down. Luckily, she was a Spy who could do sneaky spy things, so she could usually find someone if she really put her nose to the grindstone.

Aether found her first and emerged from shadows of the house. While the days were growing longer, it still surprised Wraith how quickly dusk could settle. So, it made sense that Aether would spot Wraith first. As her daughter drew closer, Wraith felt her heart pound once, then twice, loudly in her chest. She wasn’t going to let her nerves get the best of her — not today, she decided.

“Heya munchkin,” Wraith replied. “I wanted ta talk to ya. I’ve gotta go away from Inferni for a while, but I’ll be back. But — it’s just me. I’ve gotta go, and I wanted ta tell ya. No one will know — ‘cept for you, Vendetta, and Havoc. An' Vesper,” she explained. She searched her daughter’s blue eyes for some kind of sign, some reaction, anything, hoping this would go well.
Wraith Creed
I thought I felt a spark; thought I felt a flame
when something changed in you, who took the blame?

Tammi
Luperci Crown Contest Winner!

Canon