That's mine

Dark

POSTED: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:10 pm

In all her travels and adventures she never thought she would be afraid of anything. Or anyone. Yet, there was nothing else that the current feeling in her gut could be. Within her sights was the giant grey male she had once tried to steal a knife from. Well...not truly steal, she would have traded for the weapon if the huge male had spoken to her. He hadn't so she had taken the knife, and he had given chase. Sighing she approached cautiously, more aware of her missing arm than normal "H...hello there" great, she even sounded nervous. Swallowing, she forced a smile and tried again "I guess you must remember me, I couldn't help but notice you are using my ax" she pointed to the simple but useful weapon.

Like a idiot she had left it behind, but she was so close to Krokar that she hadn't thought anyone would try to use it. Or take it. "May I please have it back?" it was strange that the situation had been reversed from their last visit. Her brown eyes went up to his, and found them just as cold and unresponsive as last time. Knowing she couldn't beat this beast of a man, she still put her hand to her hilt. It was her ax and she would fight for it if she needed too.

232 words
Krokar
DEAD
Ash
Luperci
Bring the Rum!

POSTED: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:30 pm

The small camp had been made between Krokar and Sapient, and Zetsu was busy tending to it. The fire was made, the duffel bags that they'd stuffed with scaveneged goods were filled to the brim and ready to be returned to Sapient. While Zetsubou worked the more domestic tasks, Shaamah was working the wood for the campfire to last the night. Normally, he'd walk straight through the night, but of course, Zetsubou was tired and needed a break.

A furious gold and blue gaze sank on him. Sure was setting camp fast for being tired.

The sound that came next, however, instantly had hackles lifted. Taking the axe, he planted the weapon firmly into the stump of a felled tree with a furious strength. He couldn't forget that voice.

When he turned, his eyes fell on Lilith, the tawny cur who now donned one less arm and managed to make a little more courage out of that. His glare narrowed as he scented Krokar beneath the wafts of campfire smoke. There was care to be taken here, but this woman wouldn't receive any leeway, were she the same thief she'd always been.

Without any concern for her own well being, rather than take her time and be sneaky about it, she thought to thieve outright,” It is hard to forget a fool who made themselves remembered,” His voice rolled like thunder over distant hills. Were her eyes as useless as she seemed to be. A wiser soul wouldn't have tempted fate so much as to ask for it, then reach for it. Zetsu was already sneaking back to get out of this mess before he got stuck in the middle of it.

As her hand touched the hilt of her blade, Shaamah's lips lifted. She'd have a rough time trying to get the axe out of that stump with no arm to grab it and no room for leeway. As far as Shaamah was concerned, the weapon was rightfully his own, despite it having once been hers. Reaching for the tekko at his waist, he plucked the iron knucled weapons from their cord and held the one on the right with the blade facing back of him,” You will bring your weapon against me, when last you ran? You forfeit your right to it,” He growled and stood between her and the ax, pouring his muscles into the rigid stance that he took against foes he aimed to kill.
Loners
Wolf
Dark
Luperci Spring Spree 2020
War is in My Heart

POSTED: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:50 pm

This was bad, but she would not back down “I said it's mine...it should even smell like me!” Well perhaps it no longer did, seemed like a age long past since she had left it here. Taking note that the huge wolf had a companion she sighed and took her hand from the sword. She could not, and would not fight two people. It was bad enough she was confronting the giant at all after what had happened. “I was foolish then yes, but I will have back what is rightfully mine” she grinned

“Unless you want to be considered a thief like me?” if she could not fight her way to the weapon, she would certainly talk her way to it. If that was even possible with such a stubborn brute. Or at least she took him as stubborn, even as he drew his own weapon. “Is fighting all you ever think of?” it most likely was, seeing how scar ridden he was. Sighing she just looked to him “Surely we can come to some agreement so that I can have that back?” She didn't really want to fight...she knew now she would lose...but she would if she needed to.

Krokar
DEAD
Ash
Luperci
Bring the Rum!

POSTED: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:07 pm

“You grin,” He growled,” How amusing it must be to bet your life on a bluff?” The soldier did not fall from his posture, the corners of his mouth turned heavily downward, ready to rip her to shreds the instant that she removed her weapon. The political immunity of the neighboring pack protecting her life ended if she chose to arm herself against him. The threat of it wasn't enough.

“Was the time I was removed from my post paid for?” The soldier questioned. She was digging herself a deeper hole than she might. Quitting while behind was the only option for her now because she riled the beast and tempted to battle him in wits, to which Shaamah was thoroughly superior in his own mind,” A Mercenary's time is always has a cost, no matter if you should choose that cost or not,” His grip tightened on his weapons,” The axe was the payment for that debt you created.”

Was all he ever thought about fighting? Absolutely. It came under different terms in his own mind, however.

Survival, was the first that came to mind. Principle, was the next.

His voice grew more and more rough by the minute in it's rumbling,” An agreement?” Shoulders squared as he leaned forward, the tekko primed and coiled at the end of ready arms. The formal tone of his voice seemed alien against his feral features,” If you should seek to trade your payment of the axe for something more valuable, I could reconsider,” His pupils were tapered to needles, his blood ringing in his ears. All he had to to was wait until she set him off, then it was game over. Even the boy was there, behind the tree, as his witness.
Loners
Wolf
Dark
War is in My Heart

POSTED: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:22 pm

“More valuable? What would you consider to be fair then?” she didn't care how mercenaries worked, or what other things he rambled about. She just wanted the axe back. It had value to her, much like his fist weapons did to him. As for what she could trade for her own damn axe? Well that depended on what this muscle bound brute wanted. She would listen, then do what she could to gain whatever he felt was fair.

It had been her actions to get her into this mess after all. So it would be her actions to get her out. If it was reasonable of course. If it was something she didn't think she could do, then she would count the tool as a loss and get a new one down the line. Only if she had to do that, she had come here for a purpose and she fully intended to see it through. Whether this brute cared or not...she would fix her wrong if it was within her power. A part of her felt he may ask for something well outside what she was capable of though...his type thought they were smart by trying to trick you. Even if she was a thief...she would admit her actions were false ones. A person who got paid to lie? They never told the truth and relied on tricks

Krokar
DEAD
Ash
Luperci
Bring the Rum!

POSTED: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:53 pm

She proved her ignorance then. The woman could accuse him of knowing nothing but battle and then having no idea what kind of price he'd place above the axe? He wasn't so charming a male to sugar coat it,” Insolent cur,” Vanilla teeth shined as he snarled, the clouds overhead beginning to twist and turn with a coming storm. Only now did the wind lift up and the sky slowly grew dark with both dusk and angry plumes above.

There was nothing to offer and he knew it. Nothing of value to redeem the axe. Lilith wanted to come and take, just as she had taken before, with no consideration to the consequences of her actions. Loss of life was a very real thread when approaching the soldier with that kind of gall and without the prowess to back it up,” Your head,” The growl trailed on after he'd finished, his eyes static and intense on her own.

The whimper of Zetsu's hard swallow came from behind as he watched the malicious way Shaamah was handling the situation. It should have been expected the moment she put her hand on her sword. Shaking his head, he put his back to the tree and looked up at the sky. He didn't want to watch anyone die today.
Loners
Wolf
Dark
War is in My Heart

POSTED: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 pm

Lilith bared her teeth “I am not insolent, what you view as fair is different from normal” she shrugged “I'm not willing to give my head.” she felt the shift of the wind and frowned at the hint of a storm. “Your type are all the same...care only about fighting and your money” she huffed “I could have given you pretty much anything...but if you want the axe that badly, then it's yours. Hope you burn for your self centered ways you brute” okay so maybe she was angering the bear so to speak.

Was she not allowed to be bitter? “Oh...and since you're so concerned with prices.” she pointed to the axe “Three months worth of handmade wine, and three maps of the South got me that” she shrugged “Not sure what that would equal to one like you, whose time is always money” it didn't matter anymore, she was tired, and this grey giant was not the kind you could bargain with. She may as well try to bargain with the devil. Shrugging again she moved away from him towards Krokar, her hand had long since left her sword, but she bet he hadn't even noticed, with how eager he was for a fight.

Krokar
DEAD
Ash
Luperci
Bring the Rum!

Canon