[M] You've never met anything like me

Self-thread

POSTED: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:53 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

(000)

What if Iorek had grown up in a pack of Stormfasts and was close to Alvira's age at the time? Marked M for possible language

The moon was rising in the sky and moonlight cast silhouettes on the city below it. The city wasn't as busy but it was still alive. An enormous figure padded through the city outskirts in his huge Secui form. His broad frame was layered with muscel and thick fur that only exaggerated his size. He sniffed the ground as he walked, examining every little object. The beast looked to be an adult but he wasn't one yet.

Iorek had never been to the stone place before but he had heard of it from others. His family was very feral and didn't normally associate with the more humanized ones. They rarely- if ever - went into their two-legged forms though many used the halfling shape that the boy was using now. His pack was large, made up of his uncles, aunts, cousins, and his grandparents which was a lot. The boy couldn't count higher than ten but he knew that the pack had whatever ten, ten, and four together was. He was happy that he knew that.

The stone place was strange to the wolfdog as he had always had the forest floor beneath his feet. He wondered about the Luperci that lived here. What did they hunt? He didn't know if deer or elk came here or did they have their own kind of deer and elk. Did they have dens or caves here? Where did everyone live? He couldn't wrap his head around the idea that not everyone slept in a den. It was odd.

The huge halfling jumped as he came around the corner and was confronted by a weird object. It was made of hard stuff but was weirdly colored. He regained his bearings quickly and began sniffing the object. It smelled weird, like the hard stuff that he heard was referred to as "metal". His uncle, Marrok found stuff once and showed it to them. What was this thing for? The beast moved on since he thought it was just a weird rock.

The youngster could see some kind of light and was surprised by that. It was night time but there was light? It came from within the large things that he called "stone trees" since they were tall. There was an opening in it and he trotted closer and stuck his head in.

Silverfrost
Luperci Healer, Scavenger The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence
What I wanna save I will try

POSTED: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:31 pm

In order to rise from the ashes
A Phoenix must first burn

A petite figure was sitting on an old box in a small warehouse. She was small, still a young girl and was barely above her mother's height at this stage of her growth. She was obviously a jackal with her narrow muzzle and large ears but the slight dog heritage she had gave her slightly thicker fur and affected her coloration. Her hair was silver but she had a dark streak running through it. She wore a leather jacket over a grey shirt that read "TROUBLE" on the front and a plaid skirt. Her neck was decorated with a choker, a necklace with a jackal howling in a crescent, a necklace with a raven in a crescent moon pendant, and a necklace with a raven on a pentagram. She wore fingerless gloves and had a knapsack that she was rummaging through. Leaning against the box was a Nanigata and strapped to her thigh was a couple of wicked daggers.

A pentacle was drawn with charcoal on the floor in front of her. It was crude and looked like it could use some work. At the points of the pentagram were pieces of quartz and amethyst that alternated around. A couple of candles had been lit in five points to strengthen the circle. A box with holes poked in it was close to her, the squeaking of a creature could be heard from within. A pair of oddly-colored corvids watched the ritual as well as a dark fox from the shadows.

Alvira decided to use this warehouse for a ritual. She tried to do this weekly since this was an important spell. She had been learning about spellcraft, especially with crystals and other gems. She wanted the gods and goddesses to help her and she wanted to try a protection ritual that would be for her mother, not her. In the girl's hand was a piece of stone that was as green as her mother's single eye. Wherever her mother was, she wanted her to be safe. That's all the jackal girl could do.

The pale pixie got to her feet and then walked over to kneel at the bottom of the pentagram. She was ready to do this ritual and hoped that the only rebound would be upon herself. She took a deep breath as she kneeled at the pentacle and centered herself so she could begin. As Kitiara told her, she focused on the one thing in mind, her mother. The icy jackal began chanting.

Gods and goddesses, the winter witch started, Fate, god of warriors; Kismet, god of hunters; Moira, goddess of healers; Anasi, goddess of tricksters; Circe, goddess of witches; Ptah, god of craftsman; Anubis, protector of jackals; Mother Goddess, and deities that will hear my plea. She had learned the names of many deities from Kitiara but chose to call on the ones her mother and now her believed in as well as the ones she thought was relevant. The silver jackal paused and then continued. Goddesses of the four directions, Locasta of the north, Glinda of the south, Evanora of the east, and Theodora of the west, I call upon you for this spell.

I ask for protection to be placed upon my mother, the snowy teen said, crawling forward to place the green gemstone and the raven pendant her mother had left her before she departed into the center of the pentagram. I ask you to keep her from harm and misfortune, the moonlit youth sat back on her kneel position.

I offer you a sacrifice, the green-eyed girl announced and reached to pull the box close to her. She had managed to get her hands on a live rabbit, a smaller one but still a good offering. She opened the box and quickly snagged the rabbit and pulled it out to hold it out into the circle. And then with a twist, she ended the creature's life with a snap of its neck and then laid it in the circle as its life faded away. Then, the greyscaled girl continued the spell.

With this offering, I ask for protection to be placed upon my mother, so mote it be!

And a wind came from the broken windows and blew the candles out and the monochrome maiden hoped that this was a sign. She managed to light a couple of extra candles so she could see. Did the spell work? And then the birds cried out an alarm for an intruder and the girl looked up to see a massive, red-eyed figure looking at her. Oh shit, did she just piss the gods off? The argent angle reacted without thinking and grabbed her weapon and was ready if the beast attacked.

Silverfrost
The pages of my story are torn and frayed Bound by blood, never alone.

POSTED: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Iorek didn't even understand what it was that he was looking at. It looked like a cave but wind still blew in so did it make it a cave? And there was stuff on the floor, weird stuff that he couldn't name and it smelled like fire. And there was fire on the weird stones as well! And then he saw the dead rabbit and took a step in. He didn't notice the girl until he saw the stick with a shiny end pointed at him. He jumped slightly in alarm, surprised by the girl but not recognizing a threat.

The girl was in her two-legged form and she looked tiny. The wolfdog's nose told her that she was a shifter like himself, though he didn't know what she was. Her ears were big and her snout was narrow, she was small and skinny, and she had weird colors on her body and on her neck. She didn't look anything like any of his packmates, the only examples of shifters he had seen so far in his young life. Her fluffy tail gave him some kind of idea though he had no idea.

Wh-What are you? A-Are you a fox shifter? The oversized halfling tilted his head and then seemed to notice the fear in her eyes. He plopped down on the ground and tilted his head. She was scared of him? He'd never had that happen before. The beast added, S-Sorry if I scared you. I-I've never scared anyone before.

OOC 000+

Template by Kitty | Lineart by Ashelite

Silverfrost

POSTED: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:55 pm

The beast was enormous, almost like some unholy cross of a wolf and a bear. He had red eyes, the thing that had originally caused Alvira alarm. He also had a thick mane of fur that made him even taller than the girl in her Optime form. She then realized the creature as it came closer wasn't the black shadow she believed it to be but of brownish hues. And then she smelled him and he smelled like a wolfdog with a lot of other scents on him. She realized soon enough that he wasn't even an adult and the creature's paw structure gave her an idea what he was. He wasn't some demon sent by the angered deities. He was just a regular, oversized, young halfling. The jackal girl took a bit to come out of her fear.

Then, the wolfdog asked the moonlit teen what she was. She looked surprised for a second and even more when he asked if he was a fox shifter. What the hell? Had this guy ever seen a jackal? Hell, she thought someone would confuse her for a tiny coyote and not a fox. She heard Haldis chuckling from the shadows. Her eyes widened even further when he said that he had never scared anyone before. What the actual fuck? The pale pixie didn't know what to say but got her tongue soon enough.

First of all, I'm a jackal, well I have some dog in me if you want me to be specific but I'm mostly jackal. There is no such thing as a fox shifter, only wolves, dogs, coyotes, and jackals can shift. The fox-tailed femme said in a matter-of-fact tone. She hadn't had too much experience with those that were "feral". Most of the Luperci she knew at least knew the basic things. She had also never known of the concept of a feral lifestyle, most of the people she knew, even ones that used their feral forms, were humanized to some degree. The winter witch was hoping that it was just him going off of her foxlike tail.

And then the monochrome maiden saw the giant looking at the rabbit. Don't touch it, it was for my ritual. She put her spear down and took a step in front of the rabbit. She would burn it after as it was only propper. The argent angel stood with her arms crossed in front of her chest. Who are you?

Silverfrost

POSTED: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:03 pm

Iorek had never heard of a jackal before. What were these jackals? Did they always look like this? So many questions were brimming from him from that one word. But then the girl added that she had some dog in her. He knew that he had dog in him too as well as some of the others in his pack. But none of them looked like her. His head tilted but she went on to say that there were only four species that could shift. But he had no idea what a coyote was either.

The wolfdog looked at the rabbit, wanting it to eat. He wasn't starving but food was food and he was always up for a meal. The girl seemed to notice that and stepped in front of it, saying that it was for her ritual. He didn't know what a ritual was but before he could think about it, the jackal asked who he was. The beast decided to answer the question now and then ask more questions.

I-I'm Iorek. F-From the Stormfast pack. The huge halfling replied and then decided to ask more burning questions. Wh-What is this b-big not-cave? Wh-Why do you have weird colors in your pelt? Wh-What's that stuff around your neck? Wh-Why do you look so different if we both have dog in us? Wh-What are those fire things? Wh-What are you doing here- And then the girl cut him off.

OOC 000+

Silverfrost

POSTED: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Alvira wondered why this Iorek didn't have a surname. Most of the people she had met had surnames so it didn't make too much sense to her why he didn't. And he was part of a pack that she never heard of. Was he from somewhere else that didn't have jackals or was he from the middle of nowhere? Had his pack migrated here somehow? The girl could only wonder about it since she hadn't had too much experience with people like this one before her.

And then the boy unleashed a flurry of questions and the pale pixie really wondered if he had been born in a cave in some kind of jungle in the middle of nowhere. Had he ever lived in a house? Or a tent? Her eyebrow raised as he asked her about the "weird colors in her pelt" and she seriously wondered if he had ever seen a silver pelt before. And then she realized he was referring to her clothes. By the gods and goddesses, what kind of Luperci didn't know what clothes were? He didn't know anything apparently. The fox-tailed femme had her hands full.

The winter witch interrupted him before he asked even more questions. Okay, I'll answer your questions but you have to answer mine. She waited until she was sure he wasn't going to pipe up with even more questions and then looked around for a chair. Wait a second, she said and brought over a small chair and sat down. He tilted his head in even more questions but the Phoenix daugther wouldn't allow him any more questions.

First of all, this is a building called a "warehouse" and it was left behind by humans. And then with further thought the icy jackal added, Don't ask me about humans because I can't tell you shit about them.

The moonlit teen pointed at her clothing, These are clothes, they aren't my pelt. She pulled her jacket down to show that it could be taken off. Some of us Luperci wear them for whatever reasons. My aunt made these from materials like cloth and leather as well as repaired things from human stuff. And then the girl pulled her jacket back on since it was cold.

And then she held her necklaces, These are necklaces which is made from metal- Gods and goddesses, she hoped he knew what metal was. -or leather or other stuff.

The jackal hybrid addressed his question about appearance. I have a lot of jackal in me. My mum was all jackal except for some. She was small, as tall as I am and looked like me except I have thicker fur. Though, I know jackals can look different. My... She couldn't bring herself to call that woman mother or anything. Someone I knew was full jackal but looked like a coyote. And then the girl added, A coyote is a kind of canine that has a narrow muzzle, big ears, and a bushy tail. Leaner and long-legged but not jackals but look like them.

The teen added, And these are candles, she held one up We use them for various reasons but mainly to give light.

Then, since the silver jackal decided to forego any questions about her ritual, Don't ask about what I'm doing here. It'll blow your fluffy mind.

And then the monochrome maiden had her own questions to ask. Now it's my turn to ask questions. She sat back with her knees crossed. What kind of place did you come from that doesn't have these basic things? She had no idea what kind of place didn't have any of the normal things she had known since she was a kid. The argent angel waited for an answer.

Silverfrost

POSTED: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:14 am

Iorek's head was spinning from the amount of information thrust upon him but he was happy to learn. He tilted his head, confused as the girl brought some weird wooden object to sit on. He didn't understand but he didn't ask. He listened as the girl answered all of his questions though he wondered about some things. Why did they need clothes? He didn't remember the last time he had changed into the two-legged form but he didn't think he needed clothes, right? They did look nice but he was still left to wonder about the aspect of humanization. Jewelry looked pretty too but he was still unsure about it.

The wolfdog wondered what humans were. If the girl didn't know anything about it, maybe they weren't around anymore. But what happened to them? The beast was confused by that but the girl had said that she didn't know about it so he didn't press. It would be a question for another time. The beast didn't understand how they could have made these things but there was no one to ask at the moment. He would file those questions away for another time.

The giant youngster was satisfied with the answer that the jackal gave him and was happy to learn more about the other shifter species- the girl called the Luperci, right? -and filed the information away for later. He hoped that he would meet a coyote soon since that would be interesting. And maybe a full-blooded dog? That would be exciting. What did a full-blooded jackal look like?

And then soon enough, the girl asked the huge hybrid about himself. These were basic things? His head tilted but he answered soon enough, I-I live in a cave w-with the rest of my family, there's a lot of us. More than two tens of us and we don't use the two-leg form. I-I've never seen stuff l-like this...th-the stone forest...c-clothes...sh-shifters like you. S-Some of my family w-was turned shifter. W-We keep to ourselves.

OOC 000+

Silverfrost

Non-Canon