young blood

For Noayak + Other Aniwayans

POSTED: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:24 pm

OOC| Set after satchel and church events (~mid to late march). Let me know if this is ok with you, if not I'll adjust the ending!

IC|

He wasn't young anymore. The air was getting warm and he knew the world was about to plunge hard and fast into spring. The season always hit like a brother's fist, unconcerned with the ensuing wreckage but restrained right at the edge of violence. Plants would tumble senselessly into full bloom and the world would bleed green, and everything, even his own pristine pelt would start to take on the wild unfurling. It was not as summer when the temperatures spiked to near impossible extremes, but hovered right at the brink. At the first sign of those unbearable months, Ciel would be entering his fifth year of life. Older than the mentor monks, whose ages had ceased long ago with their heartbeats. It felt strange the further he pulled away from it, and stranger as he tried to quantify his experiences by the changing earthly rhythms. The world never paused to reflect on itself, it kept falling forward like whelps on their first legs, a journey he felt was closer to him now than it ever would be again.

He came to edge of the Aniwayan lands from the southern side, and this time was prepared to meet their borders. The marking scents were worn but present, and he wondered how he had missed it the first time. Passing by a greater clearing, he thought he caught the slightest aroma of rich earth and summer storms, Genova on the breeze, and his mind gladly returned to their reunion at the creek and their fire on the beach. They were memories both fond and delicate, and he tried to handle them carefully so as to preserve their faithfulness to the events and not dirty them by the emotions that whirled within him. They were the sort of times he resisted visiting except when settled beneath the stars, whose glassy stares would glimmer in faint indifference and remind him of his place, lost in the patterns of life. Sometimes he would think of her dark hair like the ocean they shared, and the storm she carried with her, the beautiful scatter of light in the milky sky of her visage. She did not know that he saw it as a younger man, when his kayak had overturned during a restless sea storm, and right through the peaks of two waves he thought would be his last, he glimpsed that wild sprawl across the empty cavern of the ocean and horizon. It was a scar he felt deep in his chest, a reminder of the blood that still coursed through him.

His large palm splayed along the frame of a particularly tall and sturdy conifer, and he decided that this was the right one to have at his back as he prepared to announce himself to the tribe. There was always a measure of uncertainty when approaching a closed society, and added to it was the uncertainty of his place in his contact's mind. He knew of no one else from this region. He had no idea what Aniwaya was like, or what they did, and although he imagined they were peaceful given Genova's general disposition, there was always room for the unexpected. More than that it made him aware of just how little he knew of her, which both fed the desire to see her and smother the flame before it could become real trouble. He remembered that Orfeu and Thubten both kicked at him back at the Monastery for his quiet and foolish stubbornness. He was a good pupil, he excelled at all activities when his mind burned only for matters of learning. His family, his home, he had wanted to give it all, and to everyone, not just to one.

It was in this limbo of thought that the loner noticed the light in the trees, and how they seemed to flicker with a telling movement. Believing that a border patrol had caught sight of him, he waited openly and visibly, his warm blue eyes seeking to connect with their own. But the light figure turned, and his heart dropped suddenly. Darkness pooled at the ridges of their eye sockets, burning in the unmistakable gleam of his brother's fur. Most in his position would think they were staring into the face of death, so gaunt and skull like was his markings. But Ciellen knew them with only love, and was shocked by their sudden and unexpected appearance. "R-Relaic!" he stammered. He was straight with attention, blinking, rubbing his eyes. His brother turned away again, and suddenly was moving deeper into the territory. Had Relaic been in Aniwaya, all this time? "Wait! Where are you going?" he cried out. He set off determined past the border and into the territory, his mind reeling through months of torment and questions and the resolutions he had come to, unwinding and twisting as it tried to adjust to this new information. All his former worries fell away against the one concern that had compelled him for so many miles, for such a long time. Large strides rapidly closed the distance between them, and Ciellen felt an incredible rage as his hand grabbed the soft shoulder and swung it violently around. "Dammit, Rel--" he growled with more force than he ever knew, before his voice dropped into a low, apologetic gasp.
Code by Raze     Avatar by San

POSTED: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:01 pm

Action. || Words. || Thoughts. || Other Character Words

Noa was wondering down the southern border when she heard the voice of a male. He didn’t sound like anyone she had heard before. He must have been a loner who wondered into the territory without realizing, surely a loner wouldn’t go into any known pack land.

She moved quickly but silently toward the male’s voice. When she could see him she slowed to a slow walk. She didn’t want to startle him nor was she looking to fight. The male looked as if he were already angry. Wonder what he’s doing. She decided to try to get his attention without starting a fight.

"Can I help you?" she called out a bit unsure from her safer place. She was unsure of how he would react but hoped it wouldn’t be anything drastic. She didn’t want to have to call any backup, but figured it may be necessary. While maintaining her ground she shifted her eyes looking for another Tribe member.

She felt more obligated to do something to remove the loner from the territory. Looking back at the male, she waited for his response. She slowly moved forward a bit more.

Sorry I'm a bit rusty. Let me know if this table gets to be too hard to read.
[wc — 194]
template by hilli
Edits by Me
Image by Chunga-Stock

Last edited by Noayak Nutaraq on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Noayak Nutaraq
Always in Lupus –unless otherwise stated.
Reply Speed: Fast (1-2 days)

Signature by Sie

POSTED: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:38 pm

He didn't know what hit faster, the shock or the broken branch clattering to the ground. His brother was...a tree? But not a breath earlier, he was gripping a shoulder! He felt the fur, and the bone, and the muscle, and there was no denying that he saw him moving through the underbrush, plants bending to his form. Confusion settled across his face as he let his hand fall and shoulders drop, and he was left wondering at himself. Rapid breaths became even and calm again. Had he truly been so angry? Something about the way his brother had ignored him, after all this time...to believe even falsely that Relaic might disregard him stung deeper than any wound. He should have been relieved that it was apparently no more than a delusion, but that fact had only served to unsettle him further.

"Can I help you?" The wanderer turned sharply, expecting as the white struck his vision that it would be Relaic. A hand clutched his chest as the adrenaline coursed through, only to fall back once more at his side. He let out a soft laugh upon his realization. There had been a patrol in the woods, and her fur was white..he must have seen in her what his unconscious mind desired to see. And understandably, she was shaken by his roughness, a wildness he did his best to tame in the presence of others. He lowered himself to his knees before her, slow and measured to contrast his uncouth behaviour before. Even to a more feral luperci the posture would be strikingly submissive.

"Forgive me, I mean no harm," he spoke with his head bowed in deference, but his warm voice had no trouble parting the silence of the woods. After a moment, his bright, blue eyes lifted to regard her, though they politely strayed from prolonged contact. "I came to the borders to visit a friend, a member of the Aniwayan people." He looked at her again, brows furrowed in momentary consideration, before easing into a softer expression. A confession. "I...was confused, I thought you were someone that I knew." He swallowed and felt a strangeness at the thought. Words in the air always seemed to carry more weight, more depth, their ideas became tangible once spoken. "I did not mean to trespass."

POSTED: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:11 pm

Action. || Words. || Thoughts. || Other Character Words

As the wolf turned suddenly she braced herself. He let out a soft laugh and relaxed a bit more. He doesn’t seem to want a fight. Thank goodness., she thought as she sighed with relief.

She watched as the wolf knelt down. ”Forgive me, I mean no harm." She was even more relieved that there wouldn’t be any trouble but still kept her guard up. She did not know this male and things could still turn for the worst. This is something she had felt she should expect. All others only care for themselves, she reminded herself.

But since he had shown is submission, Noa felt more comfortable moving closer to him. He didn’t seem very threatening now. Looking more at his face he seemed to be very confused. "I came to the borders to visit a friend, a member of the Aniwayan people." As he confessed that he mistook her for someone else it made her wonder who, but that was a bit unimportant in her mind. He may be a loner but he was still a guest and didn’t pose any harm so far. She was more concerned with who he had come to visit and helping him contact his friend.

”Well you came a bit to far into the border. But who are you wanting to visit, I can call them for you,” she said with a small grin. ”In the mean time, my name is Noayak, but most people call me Noa, she said very sweetly. And who you would be? she asked with the same sweet tone as she moved a bit closer toward him and then sat down.

Her left back paw was starting to hurt; she may have stepped on it wrong in her rush to figure out who was yelling at the borders. I should watch where I step.

ooc here
[wc — 309]
template by hilli
Edits by Me
Image by Chunga-Stock

Noayak Nutaraq
Always in Lupus –unless otherwise stated.
Reply Speed: Fast (1-2 days)

Signature by Sie

POSTED: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:54 am

OOC| Sorry for the wait!! :)

IC|

The patrol was silent for a moment. Ciellen's gaze dropped to the earth at her feet, where he tried to divine what she was quietly considering. He understood that his reactions would have made any sensible person hesitate. He wondered what it must be like for the patrol to see him aggressively accost a poor tree, far beyond the pack's borders, and then fall to his knees in submission. The progression in his mind made sense, considering everything he had seen and felt and who he knew himself to be, but the woman likely did not think the same. After living alone for so long with only his thoughts for company, it was sometimes difficult to remind himself that others were experiencing it all from the outside, and they would have to be let in.

His expression softened as she approached and settled before him. The bright blue of his gaze lifted to meet her own, gently admiring the differences in hue. It was not frequent in his travels that he came across one whose eyes showed such great distinction, and he welcomed the experience with warmth and acceptance. His mind wandered to his father at the thought. Certainly the old man would have held a different opinion about the young woman's eyes, he had trouble with Ciel's own tranquil color. "Why haven't they changed? It's been months. The rest of the boys have gold eyes, now." he once overheard him say to his mother, his voice hushed and rough in the dim light of the fire. There had been a pause and a sigh. "What are we going to do with him." He recalled the particular feeling of inadequacy at the way his father had said it, the tone of such finality, as if there was definitely a problem and that something would have to be done about it. He recalled the drop of his stomach and the adrenaline of difference, was he strange? Was something wrong with him? But perhaps it was the moment when Ciellen became open to life's options, and when seasons built him a tower, he was able to see the infinite variety of their species and understand the exceedingly limited perspective of his father.

Her voice was tender and sweet, and he responded to it favorably. "Thank you," he spoke, grateful for her patience. He imagined she was taking a type of risk to give him the benefit of the doubt. It was certainly not in the best interest of the pack to give trespassers an easy time. But he would try his best to make her decision worthwhile. "Noa, it is truly a pleasure to meet you. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. I really did not mean to come this far, but," he laughed lightly, "I was so certain I had seen my brother." his voice was soft, a deeper sound, a little worn as it unwound in the early spring air. He smiled to her. "I am called Ciellen, and my friend is named Genova. Do you know her?"

POSTED: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:30 pm

In the lofty bedroom of an old red maple’s branches, the spring winds rocked her gently. Surrounded by budding green and the promise of warmer days, the wayward Mal sat with long limbs hooked across branches to listen to the creak and groan of swaying wood. An onyx tipped spear rested across her lap as she reclined against the scarred trunk, but Genova had as much idea to hunt today as she did of leaping from her sturdy limb to fly. With the changing of the seasons, the creatures of AniWaya’s territory had begun stirring. Herds’ travel patterns changed and winter sleepers showed their faces. The scout had shirked her duties long enough in solitude and reflection. Now it was time she pulled her weight, and Nova would start by learning the movements of prey in the tribe’s new homeland. If she understood Claudius correctly, this was the pack’s first spring season here, and she thought the information pertinent.

And tediously gained. If she could choose again, Genova would have been on the move, running the now familiar line of the border or exploring around the outskirts of their neighbors. Being still and treed never bothered her when she was hunting, but there was not promise of fresh meat now. She rested her head against the rough bark of the trunk and felt its surprisingly satisfying texture against her bare back where her many wounds were healed but itchy at times. She was a motionless gargoyle save for the movement of clever violate eyes and the occasional twirl of an old whirlybird seed between her fingers, but her thoughts wandered ceaselessly from old dilemmas to new. Her eyes registered the cautious travel of a doe in the distance followed by two smaller sisters, but her mind bounced from face to face of those she was glad to never see again and those she had neglected calling on this last month. Her scattered thoughts finally rested on a single face, more crisp and detailed than the others as if carved into her memory with much care. A pensive smile overtook her firm set lips, and for a moment Genova scoffed at the ridiculous fantasy that his scent was on the breeze and his voice distant through the trees.

With a jolt that tumbled her weapon as if from the hands of a novice, the startled she-wolf realized the scent and sounds on the wind were not in her head. The does she had been observing bawled and blew and disappeared into the woods as Nova slipped from her post, scooping her spear from the ground as she broke into a sprint around familiar bends and across narrow streams. She slowed as an unfamiliar voice grew closer, but the smells of the tribe and of pack eased her mind. Whoever the other was, they smelled more of AniWaya than Nova’s weak but recognizable scents of the Great Fire and Anitsoi Divdali. She was a rustle in last year’s leaf litter as they came into view between waking trees, and Nova slowed to a walk to hear Ciellen’s familiar voice as gentle and deep as it played in her memory.

“She does not know me,” she answered quietly for the unknown female as she approached. Her appearance was growing more and more to reflect the wilderness in her chest, a few unruly locks braided away from her face, twisted around the spine of a glossy crow feather, before her mane gave way to dark and untamed waves. Leaning on her spear shaft, her indecipherable gaze fell on the other woman, one whose scent she had only recently begun to cross. “That is my fault for letting winter make me distant. I’m Genova, and I invited Ciellen here.” Her attention shifted to him for a moment. She had thought of his visit often after returning home and how she might greet him with an embrace in the guise of friendliness, but there was a new hesitation in her restless body. A brief hint of uncertainty flickered in her expression as if she had been shaken suddenly from a troubled dream, one where she was not certain of friends and foes. But her sharp eyes softened and danced as she watched him, and a smile threatened her somber, dark lips again as she looked back to her packmate. She could not help but be happy to see him.

Dead Topics