tell me what you tell the wind

POSTED: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Skoll is in Lupus form, near Rabbit Lake, at dusk. Poke me if I need to change anything. :>

See galleries for image credits.

Countless hours had Skoll run through these hills, enough to know the place of every dip, every tangle of vegetation, every rocky outcropping and ancient burrow. Almost nothing made him as happy as the wind trailing through his fur, ruffling his cheeks, tugging his hair, like a lover's caress. He liked the pull of muscle and swell of lungs and the burn that followed him for days when he finally stopped. He liked to run, and he liked to run for a long time, and today was no different.

He might have ridden his mare out in these hills but, worried about her pregnancy, left her care mostly to Alder and Hati in hopes they knew what they were doing, each caring for pregnant animals themselves. The stallion he did not risk riding unless he wanted to make a point of wrestling him every moment; Belmonte's lack of care was obvious in the horse and in Skoll's own scars from the brute's teeth. But, unlike many Luperci, soft-pawed and human-hearted, he did not mind taking to four legs and sprinting without a care. He preferred it.

The ground was slush under his heavy feet, damp earth pressed deep with every footfall, but Skoll was glad for the approach of spring. The days would grow long, and he would glow under the sun that fed him as much as air and meat. Even now, with some melancholy, green eyes trailed the westering orb, as his paws led him further toward the lake in the dusk.

Last edited by Skoll Haskel on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TOP OF THE WORLD, BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN
THEY BUILT YOU UP AND BROKE YOU DOWN AGAIN
SO NOW YOU HOPE TO BEAT THE SURF IN

Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2020 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:01 pm

<3 [398]

Indecision struck her, leaving her mind in a constant state of distraction as she began to drift further and further away from the king's borders. He had answered her questions and explained the nature of his pack; unlike her other option, Cour des Miracles had greater room for her to be off use within and fit better with the lifestyle she was accustomed to, but it wasn't all that close to the pack her children called home which as a strong deterrent against the pack. On the other paw, there was New Dawn, with an alpha she may at some point be able to recognise, but their culture was so against her and everything she knew, it likely wouldn't make her happy to live there, even if it would allow her to be as close to her kids without having to re-join Vinatta.

There was, of course, Sirius's pack, although she wasn't sure he was still there. She would approach them and ask soon; it was something to do at least. If he wasn't there, that would remove Salsola out of her list of options. Had it even been one? It would likely be too strange for her to be under her brothers rule, as much as she adored him.

Running these thoughts and options through her mind, the scent of water was carried on the wind, refreshing and luring even as dusk began to fall. Not that she was particularly worried about wondering the night alone; she had been a loner for so long and was no dainty female who needed a pack or a male to fight her battles for her, too jaded and hurt by the world to fall for another’s tricks and lies these days. Opting to follow the tempting scent, another scent filled the air; a male from the pack she had just interrogated.

He came into view soon enough, pale in colouration and walking on all fours. Tilting her head to the side, she watched him as one may look upon some abstract art. How strange; typically everyone was upon two legs in these parts, unless they were drenched in the scent of New Dawn, so it was an oddity to see someone from outside of the supposedly old mannered pack to be in lupus form.

“Hey” she greeted plainly, since she wasn't really in a position to do anything but.

Don't cry, we all make mistakes from time to time.
Unfortunately, for me, being me was mine.

Kitty
Luperci Silver Scales & Silver Blood

POSTED: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:48 pm

I promise I actually finished writing this one before posting it. :3 Although it is no less short and crappy.

Long, low breaths left him as he slowed. He was practiced at controlling his breathing after a run, and his skills at running long and hard sharpened with each visit he made to his Greek paramour—if the independent-minded woman could be called that. She'd probably resent him for such a label, when their relationship was more mutual folly than love. He treated it like a game, in truth, keeping it a secret even if it needn't be.

Idle thoughts consuming his mind, he nevertheless grew alert to the presence of another Luperci. His gait did not change, though ears swept forward and his lolling tongue retreated into his mouth, which split in an amiable grin. When she greeted him, he wagged his tail. Heading toward the lake, mademoiselle? he questioned, green eyes rolling in the direction of the water nestled between the hills. Even still, he approached, though at an angle, keeping an eye on her—and her tallness, and curly-haired-ness. His grin widened and grew more charming.

Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2020 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:26 am

<3 [209]

Blinking, she reigned in her initial response, which was to laugh in his face at the outrageous comment that she was worthy of the title 'mademoiselle'. It was nothing more than a common greeting towards females from some, but at the same time it did amuse her that someone would ever refer to her as such; surely if the sunshine canine knew her better, he never would of called her something so proper. “I'm actually just wondering about, I suppose” an honest answer was given, the golden D'Angelo considering the male's scent for a moment before adding to her response further, “I've actually spoken with your Alpha earlier, weighing my options for packs around these parts I suppose”.

Even with everything that Silvano had said, she was still rather undecided where exactly she wanted to settle down; New Dawn, whilst against her nature to some degree, most certainly had interesting leadership and prospects, with the added benefit of being closer to her children. Cour des Miracles on the other hand would allow for her to put her skills to better use, where they were actually really needed. It was a tough call and something she was already resigned to over thinking and stressing over more than she probably should.

Kitty

POSTED: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:28 pm

Skoll dipped his muzzle in brief acknowledgment. He wandered often enough, restless in his own territory, the need to run never sated. More than once lately he considered traveling to the north, near the King's lover's pack, and see what he might find there. The Outpost would provide one excuse to travel so far from home. His thoughts trailed idly, one after another, while green eyes remained politely on the woman's face. He only perked up again when she mentioned his alpha, and a grin split his muzzle.

"The King?" he guessed -- though she could have meant Charlotte. "Cour des Miracles is a nice pack, but I'm biased and you probably don't want to hear more about it uninvited," he added, and laughed easily. "A little formal, but I don't follow that 'Your Highness' shit." He smirked, the coarse sentiment jarring the easy-going, drawling and well-spoken speech -- a quirk of his voice. He wagged his tail curled high over his back, tilting his head to look at her -- comfortable in his dominant stance even if she was far taller in this form. "I'm Skoll, a Knight. Your name?"

Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:52 am

<3 [244]

Nodding her head in confirmation of his assumption, she mulled over the fact that there was another leader within Cour des Miracles; it was an unimportant piece of information on it's own, but it was still something new, a small fact that she hadn't know before, thus expanding upon her overall understanding of the pack that she was seriously considering making her home. “Who isn't biased towards their own pack?” it was a question that didn't really need an answer; she expected any pack member to sing praises for the pack, because it's where they chose to live, the place they called home and must truly love if they remained there, so of course they would have nothing but positive things to say.

Laughing at the formal comment, blue eyes stared towards the sun kissed male for a few moments, “And yet, for someone who doesn't follow such mannerism, you still address me as mademoiselle? Perhaps it's rubbing off on you a little” a small joke, her lips lifting into a smile as her tail swayed steadily behind her, ever announcing her content mood. “I'm Grace, a loner. So tell me Skoll, what brings you out here?” using his question against him, she settled into the easy conversation he seemed to be offering; she had always felt most comfortable around others who didn't take life all too seriously, much like herself. Formalities had their place, but they could be oh so dull at times.

Kitty

Dead Topics