This chaos, this calamity

Mt. Oromocto

POSTED: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:56 pm

OOC: AW except for my lovely Krokarans and Sapiens <3 No fights, but all else is game :)

He had been angry -- brilliantly wrathful - but God had ultimately decided to spare her life.

Since even before the advent of His ferocious fury -- Hell's inferno rolled into a ball of fierce flame -- Marcella had kept as much as she could atop the mountain. It had provided her enough distance and privacy to allow her time to heal from the wounds she had acquired in that final, regretful battle against Krokar. And in the wake of the meteor's impact, Zel had managed to avoid much of the ensuing disaster. And now, things had begun to return to what passed as normalcy in this loathsome wasteland.

Seraphim wheeled in the sky overhead, and Marcella glanced up at her for only a passing moment before turning her attention back to her fire. The orange flames licked at the dry wood she fed it, devouring the tinder slowly but with a hunger she could feel the pit of her stomach. Her red-tailed hawk had done well enough with the prey she provided but there was little of real substance on the mountain. The mottled woman glowered at the pair of rock voles stuck to the end of a stick, the fingers of one striped hand holding them out above the flames.

She knew that she would need to leave the mountain soon, to find real sustenance, but these measly morsels would get her by until then. She just needed to stay clear from Krokar, at least for now. At least until she had a plan.

[WC: 255]
Marcella Fauks

Loners
DEAD
Mandi

POSTED: Fri May 06, 2016 5:34 am

LITHIA NAPIER
all we do is think about the feelings that we hide

Pink eyes watched the scene before her carefully for a while. Totem laid low behind her, and Lithia made sure they stayed upwind to not be caught. The scene before her eyes and the glowing flames was not one of much excitement, but one that piqued Lithia's interest regardless. It was important for her to know happenings throughout the lands so that her pack would have one up on anyone they could use the information against. It wasn't until about a half hour in that Lithia decided to make her move. Signaling Totem to follow, she picked up a stick and headed toward the campfire.

A twig snapped in the dark forest encumbering the woman’s glowing campfire, something that Lithia had meant to do. First, she threw the stick down, and pressed her weight down on it hard enough for it to crack out against the silence. It was surely to gain the woman’s attention before Lithia left the shelter of the trees. Exiting the darkness, the pink eyed Coywolf exited with her hands up, as if she were harmless. Yet, two short swords sat sheathed at her skirted hips, and a white, scarred Secui beast trickled from the forest after her.

”I don’t mean to intrude,” Lithia began, innocently. Though she knew that was exactly what she was doing to this strange dog woman. ”I saw something glowing up ahead and couldn’t help my curiosity.”

However, she had every intention of finding out as much as possible of this strange woman taking up camp in the middle of the Northern Tides. Somewhere so close to where she had once taken up roost to kill the scarred beast’s captors and take him all for herself. Of course, this woman’s activities mattered little to her, but it was always interesting to intrude looking like the innocent when really, she was the hunter.

”But if I’m disturbing you, I can just pass on through.”

(300+) Let me know if my entrance is no good! I kept it *kind of* vague as to how far she had been watching her from

Image: Me | Table by Sammiie

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun May 15, 2016 7:08 pm

OOC: Thank you for joining! Everything looks fine <333

The sound was sharp, alarming. The woman lifted her head, tall ears pressed forward atop her skull while her cool blue eyes searched the dark forest. They settled upon a dark woman with vibrant magenta eyes, their brightness stark against her gloomy pelt. She had her hands up, as though to convey that she was perfectly innocuous. Marcella knew better. Nobody was harmless. And as the woman neared, Zella's pale eyes fell to the twin swords sheathed at her waist and then jumped to the hulking, ivory beast following after her. Oh no, she was far from harmless.

With the ease that comes from years of practice, Zel fixed a sweet smile on her narrow face and relaxed the tension in her muscles. "I must admit," she said warmly, a touch of humor in her voice. "You had me quite startled."

There were very few times the dappled Fauks woman didn't lie and this happened to be one of them. And despite the calmness she exuded, she could still feel the chilly tendrils of fear curling uncomfortably around her heart. With Drachev dead and her cartel destroyed, she was very much alone and very much at a disadvantage, with only a dagger and her hawk to help defend her. They would be little use against two swords and a gigantic, disgusting animal.

"My goodness, no," she replied in spite of herself. It might seem suspicious to them, if she was quick to send them away. They may not take her disinterest in them lightly. It would be better to be sure she ended this interact on good terms, though she was keenly aware they might still end her even if everything went as planned. Marcella knew this because she had done so herself more times than she could count. "Please, come, sit. I should love your company."

[WC: 309]
Marcella Fauks

Loners
DEAD
Mandi

POSTED: Mon May 16, 2016 2:54 am

LITHIA NAPIER

"Don't be. You have nothing to fear," Lithia said at once. Even being armed with a guard-dog and weapons, Lithia didn't plan on hurting the woman. Only if she had to - meaning if she was attacked or threatened or ambushed. Black ears swiveled in the darkness, wondering if the woman had her companions hiding in the trees surrounding the campsite. As far as she had known, this woman had been alone though. She hadn't seen anyone in the trees when she was watching.

Pink eyes turned to the Secui beast at her heels, and then back on the blues of their new friend. Facing the woman with a straight face, she commanded, pointing to her side by the campfire, ”Sit.” It might have seemed as though she were commanding the stranger, but the great beast sat in his commanded position before Lithia lowered herself to the ground on her knees. Her face melted to a warm smile once again as she looked over the flames to the stranger.

”I won’t stay long, then,” she said. She placed a silver-tinged hand on the furry shoulder of her pet. ”By the way, I’m Lithia, and this is my companion, Totem. We’re travelers like you, it seems.” They weren’t from Salsola and never had been Salsolans. They never thought to make up strange names to mask their identities – not unless their work depended on it. Lithia always used her first name, not her last, and she always masked her scent regardless. Anathema had many enemies, which made meetings like these a lot more aggressive than she preferred them to be.

”If you don’t mind me asking, what do they call you?” she asked out of innocent curiosity. This woman must have something going for her to enable her to sit alone in the darkness with the orange glow of a fire to attract all kinds of life. Lithia was eager to learn her secrets.

(300+) You're welcome!

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat May 21, 2016 4:36 pm

Her cool eyes watched as the dark woman commanded the gigantic beast to sit, holding her strawberry gaze curiously. A thrill of something stirred in the depths of her heart and warmed the chill of fear. To Marcella, it very much appeared as though she had control of the wolf and it made her wonder. Was he a slave? She flicked her gaze to him, taking in his size and his shape and his scars. He was on all fours in his Secui form, the orange light from the flames licking his marred, ivory pelt. His eyes, the color of molten sun, reminded Zella painfully of Milos and, ultimately, how she had failed to get him back.

She looked back upon the woman again, returning her smile. Marcella had always found comfort in the company of slavers, if that was indeed what she was. Wolves, on the other hand...

"My sincerest pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lithia." She shifted her eyes upon the Secui wolf. "Totem." And returned her gaze upon Lithia, lifting a hand to her chest. "Not at all, my dear," she chirped, drawing the smile more brightly across her face. "They call me Marcella. Ah." The sound slipped unencumbered from the woman's brindled maw as a sleek hawk sailed from the skies and perched on the leather covering Zella's left wrist. It dropped another rock vole on the ground and preened its feathers. "This is Seraphim." She passed the stick containing the other two voles to her left hand, holding it out for the bird to peck at, and picked the raw vole up with her right. She twirled it idly in her hand, smiling at Lithia. "You see, I'm quite a talented falconer."

With short, sharp movements, the red-tailed hawk tore into one of the voles. She lifted her head frequently, eyeing the pair of strangers and snapping down morsels of flesh.

[WC: 320]
Marcella Fauks

Loners
DEAD
Mandi

POSTED: Wed May 25, 2016 12:46 am

LITHIA NAPIER

Lithia watched the woman carefully over the flames, watching for little bits of expression that slipped out of her eyes or mouth, or watching for suspicious behavior. So far, she had not picked up on suspicious behavior – and if the woman were to exhibit such behavior, Totem would be quick to let her know.

The sound that slipped from the woman’s lips after her name threw Lithia off. Her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes narrowed as she followed the gaze of the woman and locked onto the bird that sailed down from the trees.

”It is a pleasure to meet you, Marcella,” Lithia echoed, but the most of her attention was on the bird. Her pink eyes followed it as it dropped a dead vole at the feet of its owner and perched on the woman’s leather glove.

”I’ve met others who trained birds before… a woman from Vinatta, if I’m not mistaken. Training birds has never been my forte, however,” Lithia said, scrutinizing the bird as it ate the food offered. ”I lack the patience required for repetition. How long have you been training birds?”

(000) ooc text here

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu May 26, 2016 4:56 pm

She was a watchful woman, this Lithia. Her eyes -- the color of diluted blood in twin pools of water -- settled upon Marcella's mottled face with what the mercenary took for innocuous curiosity. But if Zel was anything, she was careful. She trusted no one and her own survival was of the utmost importance. She would humor this woman and her beast of a wolf. After all, falconry was hardly a secret.

"For a lifetime," she replied, watching Seraphim tear into the vole for another moment before flicking her icy gaze up at the dark woman. Marcella smiled sweetly and tilted her head. "I was born into it, you see," she explained, her voice pleasant. "And it certainly does take a certain, well... let's call it devotion, to be successful. But ah, patience is a virtue." Her lips pulled away farther to reveal yellowing teeth. The irony was almost too much. "Or so I've heard. So tell me, darling Lithia, what is your forte?"

Satiated, Seraphim allowed Zella to transfer her to her cloaked shoulder and proceeded to eye the visitors with flicks and flits of motion.

[WC: 189]
Marcella Fauks

Loners
DEAD
Mandi

POSTED: Sat May 28, 2016 3:20 am

LITHIA NAPIER

Lithia watched the hawk, wondering how exactly one learned to teach another. There had been those in Anathema that trained the crows to do their work. Panda, if she wasn’t mistaken. Once upon a time, the woman cared for all the birds of Anathema. Panda seemed like a patient woman, though Lithia hadn’t known her long enough to find out if that statement was true.

Lithia sighed, ”I prefer to travel, to see the world like my mother and grandmother before me.” Of course, it was sort of a lie. She didn’t prioritize it over other things and traveling was part of the other thing that she liked: information. In order to collect information, one needed to go all around the country and see things for themselves.

Lithia was not used to the hybrid’s tone. She did not enjoy being called “darling” or being spoke to with terms of endearment. Her mother never did such things – why would a stranger? Lithia noted the sound of Marcella’s voice and decided to hang a little harder on her words.

”How does one teach another how to teach? If that makes sense,” she asked, wondering how the process was. Was it easy learning how to teach? Or was the teaching the hard part?

(000) ooc text here

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat May 28, 2016 1:47 pm

Marcella watched Lithia with her lips curled in the smile she still commanded, her head tilted just a degree. The firelight danced orange and gold in her pale eyes. They were bright with wonder. It was not an answer to her question -- preferences were hardly talents -- and it stirred suspicion within her. But the mercenary let is pass. After all, she was in no position to be on the offense in this game of secrets and lies. If things turned sour and became physical, Zella stood little chance of survival with that hulking, ivory beast at the woman's side.

"Travel is nice," she agreed, tossing back her ebony hair with a flick of her wrist. The pressure of Seraphim's talons digging into the wolverine pelt was comforting. "Have you traveled far then, you and your, ah... friend?" Marcella glanced at Totem, finding his molten eyes and holding the look for an uncomfortable amount of time. Her expression was not unfriendly, though there was curiosity in the pools of azure.

She turned away again to look at the red-tailed hawk at her shoulder, then swept them back upon Lithia. "Do correct me if I am mistaken, darling, but I believe you are asking how one might go about learning from another how to become a teacher." Marcella paused, waiting for some evidence of confirmation before continuing. "I'm afraid I don't have have a satisfactory answer for you. I am no teacher, you see, but I should think that observing another's teaching habits and becoming proficient in the subject you wish to teach are of utmost importance." Marcella smiled kindly. "Are you interested in educating others?"

[WC: 280]
Marcella Fauks

Loners
DEAD
Mandi

POSTED: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:14 am

LITHIA NAPIER

So, ok, maybe traveling wasn’t exactly a gift, but it was an experience. An experience that Lithia’s pretend self held dear to her heart, knowing it was sort of a family tradition. But in real life, traveling was just as important as her forte was. Without traveling, she wouldn’t be able to collect the secrets she knew. So, in a way, it all connected, even if Marcella was ignorant to it.

”I’ve travelled to every place in this country, but none outside of it. I have never had a reason to leave before…” but now she did? Did she? She didn’t, really. She had just joined a new pack, left her old, sold out her old for them, and life couldn’t be more exciting.

”Yes, that’s what I mean,” Lithia confirmed. She was right, the answer wasn’t entirely satisfactory, but it was something to consider. Observation and study taught many people many things. However, one had to find the right person to observe to keep their information consistent. She couldn’t observe a bad teacher and then observe a good one – her information would be all over the place, and she wouldn’t know which advice was good advice. Lithia supposed she could find this information in Sapient itself.

”I’m not sure,” she answered truthfully, for probably the first time in this whole conversation. ”I always wondered how those who taught became proficient in the skill. I suppose maybe I should find one and observe their lessons.”

(000) We can end soon - or fade to black soon? Up to you :)

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics