The sins of the father are passed down

Faith

POSTED: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Helena Troy Lykoi
With the lights out, it's less dangerous

The guards changed, and she watched with suspicion. This time it was Clover, again another who had known her. The doggish Infernian set against her a terrible glare and Helena looked away, unable to meet it. The stone wall was her only friendly companion and even that seemed to glare at her.

Eventually Helena sank into a half awake stupor, just staring at the wall and occasionally her bound feet. Thoughts ran rampant, falling over themselves. Calla would know by now that something had happened to her. The red woman had not gone off alone on any of her trips since the birth of the children. And with the threat of war she had promised she would return every night. The night had passed away and now Helena was sure it was the next morning.

She could only hope that Till wouldn't charge headlong in and get himself hurt. Or Dirge, who was alike to his father in such ways although she knew he wished it were otherwise. Her shoulders were sore and she shifted, trying to ease the pressure without success. Her tongue burned with thirst, dry and it was hard to swallow. Hunger clenched her stomach but she would say nothing, she would not break.

Noise outside only captured part of her attention, she dared to cock an ear in that direction.

"Speech". Thinking.

Word Count: [000] Form: Optime Date: 15th Oct Ooc The Caverns

Table by Kitty

Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Quartermaster
Jace
Luperci Conserje, Cocinero Mate to Calla and Till

POSTED: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.

Faith might not have been engaging much in the means of the war, but that didn't mean that news wasn't spreading throughout the clan. The raids had been done.. another had died.. and now they had prisoners. Why did it have to be like this? Why were they being like this? Why Salsola? Yes, members on each side had been attacked.. and probably killed.. so why were they wanting to continue on with the bloodshed? No one would listen to her anyways.. so there was no point in trying to bring it up to Vesper or any of those in her council. Maybe Hope would listen.. but she would make no action on her sister's behalf.

The robbed woman might as well make herself useful while she was here at home. No doubt there would be members of the clan that would want to do nothing but punish the members of Salsola they had within their land. If that were the case, then she would be the one to care for them, feed them. If they were returned to Salsola in a battered state, it would only make things worse...

Paws carried her over to the caverns, meeting along with the dog woman that had been guarding one of the prisoners. Clover had been a long time friend of her mother's, and sometimes came to visit the sisters when they were younger. When she explained she had come to feed the prisoner, the guard stepped to the side. One thing she had noticed in her friend's eyes was a pang of disappointment. For what reason?

It all became clear the moment Faith came into view of the prisoner. It was Helena! The sister that had gone missing months ago. She was alive, thank goodness, but.. if she was a prisoner.. then it meant she had left Inferni to join Salsola. Her head lowered as she came over to her older sister, setting the wrapped meat in her lap as she sat down, "Helena.. is it really you..?"

+300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star Salsola's Top Poster!

POSTED: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:57 pm

Helena Troy Lykoi

With her arms tied behind her back she could not even reach to scratch the itches that were springing up about her body. The hands that clenched together in their bindings were shaking. The scuffling outside barely held her attention, even if it was a respite filled moment from the boredom.

The sharp words she had exchanged with Vesper were ringing slowly around her mind, and becoming a cacophony of noise that she could not ignore. The dog woman shook her head to try and make them go away, it didn't help.

"Faith?" It was a stupid question, because of course it was Faith. The little girl that Helena had bounced on her knee and had listened chatter on and on about butterflies. Helena turned her head away for a few moments, unwilling to look at her half sister.

"Vill you let me go?" She turned back and stared at Faith.

"Speech". Thinking.

Word Count: [730] Form: Optime Date: Ooc -

Table by Kitty

Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Quartermaster
Jace

POSTED: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:42 pm

It really was Helena.. The dog looking half sister she and Hope remembered from their youth. If she was in this position.. then it meant she was with Salsola. What other reason would there be to keep a former member of Inferni like a prisoner. What had caused her to leave? Was she just not happen with how things were here with her family? Was there some other reason? Why would she decide to go to Salsola of all places?

She noticed her half sister's head shift to the side. Was she feeling ashamed for all of this? Or was it guilt? Or was it simply because a member of her family had found her in such a state? Perhaps a combination of things...

'Will you let me go?'

The robed woman was faced with a choice. She could either side with Inferni, her home, her clan, and keep Helena locked up here as a prisoner of Salsola.. or she could brand herself a traitor and release her half sister. There were consequences to either option, some more serious than others. This was her choice. Helena was probably hoping that her sister would feel sorry for her and let her go.. but what good would that accomplish? She wasn't going to stay here.. she would return home.. to Salsola.

Faith sat down with some distance, resting the food she had brought along with her along the robes of her lap, "No Helena.. I can't.. I will not betray Inferni.. This clan is my home.." She paused before her blue green gaze was brought up to the dog woman, "It was your home too.. Tell me Helena.. Why did you leave us..?" Didn't she at least deserve that kind of information?

300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
The Associate
Salena

POSTED: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Helena Troy Lykoi

She did not truly expect to be freed but she could not waste away what might have been an opportunity. Sober eyes blinked just once and she let that vain hope die. She shook her head though,

"Inferni was never my 'ome." She looked too different, too uncoyote and they had not let her forget that. She had foundered too within Inferni, searching for a purpose that was no longer valid. Inferni was not what it had been and it had been those marvelous old stories that she had been chasing, it had taken her a while to realise that.

Faith was looking at her expectantly, waiting for answers. She refused to feel guilt about what she had done. When she had joined Salsola there was no war waiting on the horizon, only a pack that was thick with intrigue and secrecy. It had called to her like Inferni never had done.

"Basilio made me leave." She refused to call him father anymore, he had given up that right. "I found zhe woman he had raped and zhe child he had forced on her." The dull light made her eyes sink into her face, sucking up the gloom, "Eire is innocent..." Helena's voice trailed away as she remembered a small, pale faced girl with red eyes.

Then sharpness came to all of her features, "I confronted him, and 'E threatened to kill me. To murder me with a rock. He told me to leave Inferni or 'E would kill me." The twist to her maw was sour and seething and so very raw that it paraded the truth blatantly.

"Speech". Thinking.

Word Count: [730] Form: Optime Date: Ooc -

Table by Kitty

Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Quartermaster
Jace

POSTED: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:03 pm

Why had God planned on this? He was the driving force behind many things in life.. but why would he present such a choice to one who had such strong faith in him? Why would he make her choose her family or her home? Both of them needed her help.. and no matter which choice she made.. someone was getting hurt. If she chose to free Helena, there was a risk of being banished from Inferni, unable to go anywhere and leave all of her family behind her. Or.. she could side with Inferni, but Helena would remain a prisoner. There was no good choice..

But she at least wanted answers...

The darker sister's ears fell to the other's words. Inferni never was her home. How could this be? Even growing up she could remember Crucifix welcoming her with open arms. Helena was family and always would be.

And then the truth came out... and it hit like an arrow to the heart.

Basilio, the man who had worked so hard on himself for Crucifix.. had committed great sins behind her back. Dahlia, a young pup who wasn't even aware that she was the product of a rape, and now.. Eire, another half sister due by the same act.. but it was her father who had taken advantage of another, not the woman doing it to him.. It was disgusting.. seeing Izual and Basilio on the same level as one another.

And then it got worse.

If rape wasn't enough, he was the one that drove Helena out in the first place, threatening her life. Faith was not blind from the teachings of the de le Poer line in punishing those non-coyote to save their souls from hell.. but this hardly seemed the case. Basilio, as far as she knew, did not follow such procedures, but this was his own daughter. Telling her to leave or he would kill her...

The Civilis sat complete still in silence, unable to find any words to express how much pain she felt. It was like a hole had opened in her heart and there was nothing she could do to close it. She couldn't understand why. Why would Basilio, a follower of the Lord do such things? Is this why the Lord was punishing her mother? For being unable to see what was going on? Perhaps his sins were bleeding over to someone so innocent? Her hands began to shake against her robes, "Why...? Why would he- How could he-" She couldn't finish. Why had he been so unfaithful to them?

+400 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
The Associate
Salena

POSTED: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:13 am

It was not Faith's fault of course but the strangling, grasping innocence in her face was just another slap to Helena, who knew the truth and had suffered for it. Suddenly she was angry, very angry and her eyes were sparking like diamonds in her face and her voice was hissing with poison, sibilant,

"Because 'E was a monster! Because 'E did not care for anyone, anyone but 'imself! Me, and you, and Hope and Eire we are all daughters of a beast, with 'Is terrible blood in our veins." Her ears pulled back now, against her head, "Who attacked and raped an innocent woman, who most likely did zhe same thing to who knows 'Ow many others. Zhere could be more of us out there, half monsters ourselves."

She was breathing heavily at the end of her tirade, anger and shame and guilt all washed together as an avalanche in her chest. She turned her head away from Faith, and pulled her knees up against her chest, rolling her sore shoulders from her arms still being tied behind her back.

| [wc — 181] template by hilli
Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Quartermaster
Jace

POSTED: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Faith struggled to find the words in order to express the betrayal she felt in her heart. The father, who had been so kind and showed no reason for wanting to do such a thing, was just a shell to his true form. She had seen just on the surface the damage he had done by leaving his family with only the notes of his words. Why would he lie to them so much? Why would he turn his back on God to do the things he did? Was he not one who walked in the Lord's light?

Blue green gaze moved up as Helena began to speak again, anger dripping from her words. It was clear that what Basilio had done to her left a lasting impression on how she was acting, but now she was turning even on her.. Eire.. her own family. The dog woman had seen hope in her half sister, hoping that her family ties would be enough to grant her freedom from this punishment.. but now she was calling everyone else monsters... all because of her father.. their father. That wasn't right. All of this was wrong.

Then finally she stopped, turning her head away from her half sister to allow the feelings she felt to trail off her body.

Faith's head lowered, letting everything be taken in. She had never been one to create outbursts.. only the one with her uncle gracing her record. She had never believed herself to be like her father until that came out of her. Basilio was in all of them, and perhaps it was also this part of him that Helena got as well. She was hurt.. it was not hard to miss.. but then why.. why say such hurtful things? She saw how Antioch had reacted to her own words when she spoke against her cousin's death, and this wasn't much different.

Hands moved down to her legs, ears falling back behind her as she now began to speak, "How.. how can you say such things..? I know our father was not the best.. I see that now.. but how can you say that about us? Do you really think me a monster? Our sisters as monsters? What about my half sister? Dahlia was born because Izual took advantage of my mother now that our father was out of the way. Is she a monster too because of her father? I don't think so."

She could feel it all brewing inside of her now.. there was so much more to it than this. Her teeth began to close together, eyes closing, "And you're wrong. He did care about us. He cared about his family.. but what about you? You abandoned us. My mother went out of her way to make you a part of our family. If you had just told us what had happened, none of this would have happened. She could have talked to him about it. He would have listened to her. You're our family..." But was she really now? She was the enemy.. a member to Salsola.. she turned her back on Inferni.. and on the females who had tried to make her feel welcomed. Why should the rest of her family suffer because of their father's mistakes? Why should they have to suffer when they made the effort but she ran..?

+500 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
The Associate
Salena

Dead Topics