Loner Group Idea: Rhapsody

POSTED: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:58 pm

Marcy and I have been working on an idea that combines our love of Mercenaries, Bards, and all things Greek!

We have come up with Image Rhapsody Image - an all female Loner Group that could eventually become a pack. We are interested in fleshing out the characters and the concept as a Loner Group before pursuing anything further.

We are open to critique and ideas from others that are interested in the group!

Plot Opportunities/Ideas:
    - Adopt a free-form member of the Rapsodia Family!
    - Help us continue to build and flesh out the culture from Thera!

Thank you for reading! :)

And huge thank you to Marcy who has been a pleasure to collaborate with! <3
Last edited by Brocade Valentine on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Director
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
you forget I have a gypsy heart
listen to the wild

POSTED: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:05 am

Are the Rhapsodians more akin to muses, nymphs, or Amazons in their culture?

Dale
Creature

POSTED: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:07 am

Some of you may have seen me posting greek-inspired art in the discord server, so here is a full look at what's going on as of right now!

So Rhapsody is like a cool mix of artist and warrior women, every member should specialize in at least one particular Muse (see the doc for a table of those), and if desired, they can also be skilled in more martial matters.

For example, I have Margalo Rapsodia—she's a dancer and maybe a seamstress. but she's also very skilled with a glaive and has worked as a mercenary since she turned a year old.

Right now the group would likely be focused on recruiting ladies and finding work via performances (musicians for a party, perhaps) or doing mercenary work or exchanging their handcrafted goods.

The two "founders" are siblings, too, so a big part of their motivation for wanting more members is to make a new home for themselves away from stinky boys.
Last edited by Absolution D'Angelo on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Marcy
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:08 am

Dogmeat wrote:Are the Rhapsodians more akin to muses, nymphs, or Amazons in their culture?

I would say they lean towards being muses and amazons than nymphs!
Last edited by Absolution D'Angelo on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Marcy
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:11 am

I may be interested in either throwing an Exareisi at you or another female character. The latter needs more fleshing out, however, and it's not set in stone. Alternatively, would you be all right with a female creature joining, if I do decide to hop in? I have a couple of concepts other than Dogmeat I was looking at.

Dale
Creature

POSTED: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:24 am

Dogmeat wrote:I may be interested in either throwing an Exareisi at you or another female character. The latter needs more fleshing out, however, and it's not set in stone. Alternatively, would you be all right with a female creature joining, if I do decide to hop in? I have a couple of concepts other than Dogmeat I was looking at.

creatures are fine if they know highspeech! i’m not sure how they’d function in the pack ranks but they’re fine for the loner group
Last edited by Absolution D'Angelo on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Marcy
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:28 am

I'm DOWN. No idea how, but I am. Either with an adoptable as my second, or. Something. I have no idea. But I love!

Will they always be a female only pack? If not, will there be rank distinctions between men and women in the hierarchy?

I'm silly ignore me you explained all this already. xD

In case it's relevant, what does Rhapsody think of transgender joiners? Would a trans woman be able to rise in the ranks (if she pled her case)?
Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Alexander
Maintenance Aide (I GOT THAT BROOM BROOM BROOM) Luperci Carpenter Tier I 2020 SoSuWrimo Champ!
Vil di'vota

POSTED: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:37 am

Nayavota Denahlii wrote:
In case it's relevant, what does Rhapsody think of transgender joiners? Would a trans woman be able to rise in the ranks (if she pled her case)?

womanhood is a very celebrated concept among rhapsody so trans women are allowed to join and rise in ranks just as any women would!
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Marcy
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:13 am

Oh boy. I wish I still had Atalanta for this, she would be so into it! I love the idea of coranks based off the muses!

TOP OF THE WORLD, BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN
THEY BUILT YOU UP AND BROKE YOU DOWN AGAIN
SO NOW YOU HOPE TO BEAT THE SURF IN

Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2020 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:12 am

MARK ME DOWN AS INTERESTED! Would there be other families from Thera aside from the Rapsodias? (definitely going to make a character to throw at you guys — not sure if it will be a character from Thera or like a Valerie grandchild or something yet)

EDIT;; do you guys have a discord server or anything for interested members?
Salsola
The Associate (NPC)
Kite

Dead OOC